Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977237 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 27, 2017
anonymousmum:

hi ma'am pls do you know if I can get PTA for a child. As you recently went through the process...

Only for a child above 18 with full adult ticket
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2017
Plus baggage charges after the free ones.

chloe7:

250 times black market now is about 120k + the 300 or 350k to newyork is equals to Houston flight price
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 12:39pm On Jan 27, 2017
chloe7:

Only for a child above 18 with full adult ticket

Chai! Thanks smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by septmom(f): 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2017
Austine2020:
No,She later said that they sent her additional 3,800usd pediatrician bill. So she is asking for a way to price down the pediatrician bill.

Ok, Thanks for clarification.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 27, 2017
chibertha:
Plus baggage charges after the free ones.

And again depending on when the flight lands, they might have to get an hotel to sleep over till the next day, cab fare to join

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 1:58pm On Jan 27, 2017
@freshdad you can see that the list of expenses and stress is getting longer.
So think am well well
chloe7:

And again depending on when the flight lands, they might have to get an hotel to sleep over till the next day, cab fare to join
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MiddyO(f): 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2017
nefertitiram:

I responded. Na you never respond yet
Ha sorry, lemme check again. Tx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by YizzleBizzle17: 2:05pm On Jan 27, 2017
Hello house

I'm new to this. I'm due for August delivery - visa sorted and ish. I need help for hospitals and costs in Maryland/dc area. Precisely Howard and Montgomery counties. Many thanks for the help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MiddyO(f): 2:08pm On Jan 27, 2017
debbyomi:
Hello Everyone. I'm Dallas bound for my second missionary journey. I am due in May and will be leaving next Month. Any fellow momma goin to Dallas. Will like to have someone to talk with and occasionally meet up with to ease boredom. Please holla. :-)

Holla

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debbyomi(f): 3:14pm On Jan 27, 2017
[quote author=Enyinne post=53159388] Pls which site are u seeing this friendly price from Qatar and how much .am searching for ticket to newyork .ending of Feb

I'm starting to doubt the 'friendly' prices I said earlier. Return ticket is about 1500. The exchange rate is 306. That's 459k

Now am seeing flights for 390k.What are you getting?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 3:18pm On Jan 27, 2017
I can see ooo.... thank you all for the proper guidance
chibertha:
@freshdad you can see that the list of expenses and stress is getting longer.
So think am well well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Penielme: 3:20pm On Jan 27, 2017
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by abbyt(f): 3:34pm On Jan 27, 2017
Akorkor:
Hi travel mamas,

Forgot my iPhone 6s at ataturk airport Istanbul at food court where I say chop.
Husband called and someone picked up and keep saying " Food Court". Am so not happy.

Been trying to reach it since last week I came in but all to no avail.
I called Turkish airline they said I should report to the airport. Sent airport mail they said nothing like that is in thier inventory.
" Na so my phone go go in this buhari economy? cry.

I need your advice if you have recovered something like this. Turkish airline isn't helping matter at all cos I informed them before we took off at Istanbul they were just doing as if they didn't hear all my grammar.

that was how i forgot my purse that contains $1,000 when i flew with them in Dec
The worse flight ever, very inconsiderate people with their useless customer care
Sorry about your phone.

cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by IjayMama: 3:35pm On Jan 27, 2017
chloe7:
Ijaymama after filling ds-160, when you're on the appointment scheduling page that's when you will know if you're qualified for drop box or not , the answers supplied during the scheduling of appointment is what you make you either qualify or not, you're still on track since you haven't scheduled an appointment you have only filled the ds-160 form
I totally get it now. Thanks dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 4:47pm On Jan 27, 2017
Ozy1,

Please take your phone number off this thread, haba!

Havent you heard of personal security? All the while you have been silently following the thread have you seen anybody dropping their phone numbers?
Warrisdis?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 5:41pm On Jan 27, 2017
nefertitiram:
Ozy1,

Please take your phone number off this thread, haba!

Havent you heard of personal security? All the while you have been silently following the thread have you seen anybody dropping their phone numbers?
Warrisdis?

As in I weak. I jst waka pass before anyone will mistakenly go ham on me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Orestik(f): 5:50pm On Jan 27, 2017
Hello house, happy new year. I posted sometime ago in December that I had a tourist visa but later changed my mind to use it for birthing. I was advised on this platform to either go for the vacation and workshop i intended to use it for first or take the risk of writing a change of intent and pray to God that I am not sent back. Eventually, i registered for another conference in January and I traveled to NY for the purpose of attending the conference/ short vacation. I spent 3 weeks and i'm back. So here are my questions;

1. Do I still need to write an intent letter to the US embassy here?
2. I am due in second week in March, hope its not too soon if i travel back second week in February cos i left NY January 18.
3. Do they really confirm how much you have on your card at the POE? so i can prepare myself.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by papi7: 5:50pm On Jan 27, 2017
Ozy1:
My dear nairalanders. Av been a silent followers oo. Went tru my first missionary journey. Was successful. Now on my second. But accommodation went wrong few hrs ago. Pls any chicago bound mum due in march shuld buzz me biko. If ur interested in sharing an apartment. I dey travel feb.

am interested. Pls DM me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2017
Orestik:
Hello house, happy new year. I posted sometime ago in December that I had a tourist visa but later changed my mind to use it for birthing. I was advised on this platform to either go for the vacation and workshop i intended to use it for first or take the risk of writing a change of intent and pray to God that I am not sent back. Eventually, i registered for another conference in January and I traveled to NY for the purpose of attending the conference/ short vacation. I spent 3 weeks and i'm back. So here are my questions;

2. I am due in second week in March, hope its not too soon if i travel back second week in February cos i left NY January 18.
3. Do they really confirm how much you have on your card at the POE? so i can prepare myself.

Thank you.

Since you have used the visa for the purpose you got it for,you can either write the letter or overlook it depending on you,but i would advice you write it just to fulfill all righteousness.
As for going back so soon,I don't think you have any option as it is now,just travel and pray for favor.
With regards to the cash on your card. If you meet some cbp officers that have skoin skoin for head,they will tell you to connect to the airport wife and pull up your bank statement for them to see,so i will advice you to be prepared and have a printout of your statement like a day or two before you travel just incase they ask for it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 7:00pm On Jan 27, 2017
1. No.
2. No. But be mindful of cunning CBP's who would try to get you to admit, to coming prior just to scout hospitals, stick to the "I came only for a conference" line of reasoning.
3. Oh yes they do. Carry cash and also carry money on your cards.
4. Have safe delivery and a safe trip.

Orestik:

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Orestik(f): 9:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
lool okay thank you. I will print my statement.

Babatwi:

Since you have used the visa for the purpose you got it for,you can either write the letter or overlook it depending on you,but i would advice you write it just to fulfill all righteousness.
As for going back so soon,I don't think you have any option as it is now,just travel and pray for favor.
With regards to the cash on your card. If you meet some cbp officers that have skoin skoin for head,they will tell you to connect to the airport wife and pull up your bank statement for them to see,so i will advice you to be prepared and have a printout of your statement like a day or two before you travel just incase they ask for it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Orestik(f): 9:06pm On Jan 27, 2017
Okay thank you. I will do that too.

KaptainAfrika:
1. No.
2. No. But be mindful of cunning CBP's who would try to get you to admit, to coming prior just to scout hospitals, stick to the "I came only for a conference" line of reasoning.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Enyinne(f): 9:16pm On Jan 27, 2017
[quote author=debbyomi post=53179657][/quote]
Hummm ,I was thinking my browser is given false information as ur own was way cheaper .I was getting 480K .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladee1: 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2017
[quote author=KaptainAfrika post=53185802]1. No.

[/quote

In my own case I got my Visa for visit in Oct but couldn't use it due to office deliverables, I wrote to d embassy to change my intent to deliver In d US in March and got a response that it's ok but I should pay my bills, should dat be an issue at Chicago poe? Pls I need info on promo ticket too!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 10:42pm On Jan 27, 2017
[quote author=ladee1 post=53189414][/quote]

Chicago POE...

May the Lord be with you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 11:04pm On Jan 27, 2017
[quote author=ladee1 post=53189414][/quote]

Why don't you try another poe,seeing that you have not used the visa for the purpose it was issued. Chicago poe is not for the faint hearted o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by NorthernshoreTS(m): 12:58am On Jan 28, 2017
funmikay:
Hello,
Silent reader of the forum here.And you have been of great help for me in this journey .
Looking to get back home to give a detailed synopsis of this experience.HOWEVER,Please I need the urgent assistance of anyone who recently had a baby at HNWMC.
The paediatrician bill I just received is $3,800!

The breakdown sheet I was given at registration was not even up to$1000,but I still budgeted $1000. I also declined the hearing test.

Please can someone help me to explain or direct me to who to talk to about reducing the estimate.

Please help!I am due to leave this country by Sunday
Hello, DW and I were in a similar situation just very recently , same HNWMC. The issue with the discrepancy in paed bill is because the paeds are a separate entity and are not "affiliated" with the hospital and as such their services are charged by them and not the hospital. HNWMC should stop misleading patients with their quote for paed. What I suggest is that u call the number written on the bill and speak to several customer care reps until you get one who would give u the lowest bill. Don't rely on the first person u speak to. That was what I did. I spoke to 4 reps at different times who gave us 4 different bills, as such we opted for the lowest bill which ended up being $900 from over $3000 which we were initially charged. Don't bother calling Shelly (financial counsellor ) , she can't help you out In this case.
Hope this helps.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.