Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Which Is The True Church - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is The True Church (8377 Views)

. / True Church Perspective On Tithing By Pastor G. Craig Lewis ( Audio) / Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The True Church by 4getme1(m): 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2007
@bari_kade,

bari_kade:

As you very well know, the Christian position is an exceedingly far more glorious calling than the Old Covenant. This is the core of my argument on this subject, and in due cause we shall come to that point.

Thanks. Can hardly wait.
Re: Which Is The True Church by Bobbyaf(m): 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2007
As I have said the truth is out there Bari_kade. Its either God's law is still in force, or its not. I am sure we can agree on that much.

It was an exercise worth committing to in discussing with you, and I trust that God will bless you and see you through to the end.

Shalom.
Re: Which Is The True Church by Bobbyaf(m): 7:35pm On Feb 11, 2007
As I have said the truth is out there Bari_kade, and everyoone else viewing the topic. Its either God's law is still in force, or its not. We'll see as events develop. I am sure we can agree on that much.

It was an exercise worth committing to in discussing with you, and I trust that God will bless you and see you through to the end.

Shalom.
Re: Which Is The True Church by barikade: 8:04pm On Feb 11, 2007
@Bobbyaf,

I can thank God for answering my prayers to soften your heart - and mine. The thrust of my argument all along was to distinguish between the Laws/Commandments of the Old Covenant and the New. No one can mix them up after a prayerful study from God's Word.

Many blessings to you.
Re: Which Is The True Church by nikynike(f): 11:33am On Feb 12, 2007
There is no true church. The true church to my knowledge is the body of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Which Is The True Church by shahan(f): 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2007
@nikynike,

There is a true Church - and it is the Body of Christ as you said; so the first line ought not be there.

@Bobbyaf,

Great to see how you calmed down. Cheers.

@bari_kade,

You too.
However, I'll be waiting patiently for your sequel - perhaps you might just mention something I'd like to post; and I don't want to risk anticipating you. You seem to do a better job at it than myself. Cheers.
Re: Which Is The True Church by Nobody: 1:17am On Feb 16, 2007
I choose grace over the law.

So nurses and doctors,hospital and nursing home personnel,firefighters and a host of others that definitely have to work on "sabaath days" are not condemned as the law would say.
I doubt if those professions are off limits for Christians since by SDA teachings they should be.
Re: Which Is The True Church by Bobbyaf(m): 4:10am On Feb 16, 2007
I choose grace over the law.

So nurses and doctors,hospital and nursing home personnel,firefighters and a host of others that definitely have to work on "sabaath days" are not condemned as the law would say.
I doubt if those professions are off limits for Christians since by SDA teachings they should be.

You never fail to amuse me!

Just to let you know that we do have all those professionals mentioned in your post who happen to be SDAs. We operate hospitals, clinics, in which our nurses and doctors attend to the sick. I personally used to attend to the sick on the sabbath while I managed the department of diagnostics at one of our own hospitals.

If there is a firefighter who holds church membership he or she is allowed to attend emergency cases. If the case isn't emergent then such persons usually get the sabbath off.

Now you know.
Re: Which Is The True Church by Nobody: 12:59am On Feb 17, 2007
wow?
the sabbath is now flexible too?
Fantastic
Re: Which Is The True Church by donnie(m): 8:37am On Feb 17, 2007
My SDA brother, do you now make excuses for sin?

Those of you that seek to be justified by the law have fallen from grace.
Re: Which Is The True Church by shahan(f): 10:21am On Feb 17, 2007
@donnie,
please help us ask am well-well. cheesy

@bari_kade,
wey you now? I'm enjoying your treatise on the Sabbath, and hope you find time to come give us the sequel as promised.

@babyosisi,
'grace' for some people is a strange phenomenon; for such, 'law' proves everything, even though they don't understand what it points to in the first place.
Re: Which Is The True Church by 4getme1(m): 10:58pm On Feb 18, 2007
Bobbyaf:

If the case isn't emergent then such persons usually get the sabbath off.

Well, I can only wonder at the convenience of skipping the same LAW that has been used against others for being non-SDA. Like donnie, perhaps there's a convenient way of making excuses for sin.
Re: Which Is The True Church by Nobody: 5:08am On Feb 19, 2007
4get_me:

Well, I can only wonder at the convenience of skipping the same LAW that has been used against others for being non-SDA. Like donnie, perhaps there's a convenient way of making excuses for sin.

let's take it then that those of us who worship on Sundays do it because there is an emergent need to do our hair and nails,grocery shopping ,sometimes  work on Saturdays lol.
Why should God excuse the firefighters and doctors and hospital workers and not excuse the hairdressers,store owners and their customers.
Re: Which Is The True Church by 4getme1(m): 9:34am On Feb 19, 2007
@babyosisi,

babyosisi:

let's take it then that those of us who worship on Sundays do it because there is an emergent need to do our hair and nails,grocery shopping ,sometimes  work on Saturdays lol.
Why should God excuse the firefighters and doctors and hospital workers and not excuse the hairdressers,store owners and their customers.

Well, the excuse is both for cases that are emergent as well those that are not emergent - it works both ways, and the SDA has no moral justification to use their doctrine of convenience against non-SDAs.

For cases that are emergent, this would include a profound list of occupations:

1. NEPA (PHCN) staff

2. transport workers - taxi, molue, okada, danfo, etc.

3. Police (including those with special assignment to collect N50 from taxi & danfo drivers)

4. Television and Radio staff

5. Airport Authorities

6. Stock Exchange Traders

7. Newspaper agencies. . .
     . . . etc.

And for cases that are not emergent, they can be excused on the same grounds as those who "usually get the sabbath off." They would include:

1. Macdonalds, Burger King, MrBiggs, SubWay, Dunkin Doughnuts, and any other fastfood outlet of your choice

2. Supermarkets, Malls, and Shopping Plazas

3. Hair Salons and Barbers

4. CyberCafes and Video Rentals

5. Amusement Parks and Gardens

6. Seasons Football Matches - players and fans

7. The "Jambite" (University student) who has to travel home to refuel, especially for those inescapable lecturers' "Handouts". . .
        . . .etc.

So, in one word, according to SDA, just about anyone "usually gets the sabbath off" - the only catch being that such must be a member of the SDA! Non-SDAs can expect no such excuses, otherwise they belong to "babylon!"
Re: Which Is The True Church by agnesoseka: 5:10pm On Mar 18, 2007
It should be a matter of the heart(wat you believe),cos most pple that even go to church don't live by the principles of God.So thats not a basis,
Re: Which Is The True Church by Bota: 8:57am On Jul 29, 2009
shahan:

@donnie,
please help us ask am well-well. cheesy

@bari_kade,
wey you now? I'm enjoying your treatise on the Sabbath, and hope you find time to come give us the sequel as promised.

@babyosisi,
'grace' for some people is a strange phenomenon; for such, 'law' proves everything, even though they don't understand what it points to in the first place.

I have read through the discussion with interest. I did not see Shahan's response when he was asked if he is a former SDA. Maybe I missed it? I would appreciate that information to gain some perspective here , thanks
Re: Which Is The True Church by Bobbyaf(m): 11:06am On Jul 29, 2009
By emergent I mean doing good. Sabbath keepers live in a world that doesn't favour us. We are in the minority. We don't make the laws that govern society, so as sabbath keepers we have to do our best. We have to strike a balance between not appearing to look legalistic in refusing to do good on the sabbath, and fulfilling the true purpose of sabbath keeping.

So if a sabbath keeper for example chooses to become a doctor, and while he is at a church service there occurs an emergency outside the church, should he attend to the case or what?

The answer to all of your pharisaical queries is simply seen in this question. What would Jesus a true sabbath keeper have done if a crisis or emergency happened?
Re: Which Is The True Church by Abuzola(m): 11:10am On Jul 29, 2009
Peace unto you. Ladies and gent of the cross worshippper religion, jesus was a pure muslim, he did not have any church talk of to dance, clap or sing no scripture support this, God hath curse anybody who clap and dance in the bible, wise up
Re: Which Is The True Church by Bobbyaf(m): 11:12am On Jul 29, 2009
How can you be sure when you were not there?
Re: Which Is The True Church by Abuzola(m): 11:16am On Jul 29, 2009
I am very sure because several footstep were noted including the epistle of Barnabas that was unearthed
Re: Which Is The True Church by Bobbyaf(m): 5:00am On Jul 30, 2009
So why did Jesus refer to His Father and His own death? Why should we accept your book over what the Bible teaches? Give us reasons that make sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Your FAITH No Longer Works. / Why Is Immorality Common Among Some Men Of God? / 15 Ways To Minister Without Blemish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.