Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,921 members, 7,828,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer (13743 Views)

What To Do When God is Yet To Answer Your Prayer(s) / Has God Ever Answered Your Prayer(s)? Has Juju Ever Worked For You? / A Message To A Female Nairalander (God Has Answered Your Cry) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by frank317: 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

Even God commends and rewards man because he knows man plays vital roles in positives.

Nobody is saying man has no role to play in positives.
Because thats how u keep trying to make it sound.

What u keep Failing to see is ur bias copulsive tendencies to say God must fix every visible negative irrespective of the outcome to others.

Thats why i mentioned the flood earlier.
For example, If God decides to kill all evil people now to rid this world of the wickedness that is causing the wars starving these children, even you talking now will not survive. Because your hands are not clean

So if God continues to spare the lives of sinners (which includes you) and evils like these persist?
How is it His fault?

God killed everybody except Noah during the flood (which is not a real story by the way) only to achieve nothing. That's the height of foolishness.

Ur post sounds like God cannot destroy or stop evil. He is so loving that he does not want to kill sinners but prepared hell for them.

It is his fault that evil persists.. because as a creator, he has not idea on how to do away with evil.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by winner01(m): 8:52pm On Oct 30, 2016
LightandDarkness:

Why does God permit evil temporarily then.

So what, their suffering doesnt matter cause their life isnt theirs anyway, it belongs to God?
All life belongs to the Creator of life.

I posted a short clip on the front page of this thread. It explains the origin of evil and why evil exists temporarily. i'd like you to see it.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by hopefulLandlord: 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
TomHagen:
As usual, you have defined God (even when you don't believe He exists), you now have made up expectations of God and when your expections are not met, you cry foul. How does this make sense to anyone who claims to be logical?

lol the irony of this comment is lost on you

YOU defined your Skydaddy not us

YOU called him omnipotent not us

its only logical for such question to arise

I hope you understand now, if you don't I'll elucidate

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by frank317: 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

Helping those kids is your responsibility.
If u do your part well, they wont be there.

Ya right...it us his responsibility to help winner01 find his trouser, but it's my responsibility to help those hungry kids. I get it.

Of course it's our responsibility to help the starving kids... Since u accept it...I never wanna hear you say "thank God" for your own achievements again.

Glad we are making head way.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by TomHagen: 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2016
jonbellion:
lol this is basically prayer summed up. But wait oo christians say things like God will use his Jewish powers to punsh a nation for turning their back on him. But there are other pressing matters to attend to naa. There are people that are still living in agony and yet he still has time for divine retribution
*sigh*
Yahweh sha . No deity could be more man made than him
Yahweh shaa
What pressing matters? Why do assume that the things that you consider pressing are the same things that are pressing to Him?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by frank317: 8:59pm On Oct 30, 2016
TomHagen:
What pressing matters? Why do assume that the things that you consider pressing are the same things that are pressing to Him?

Mr know it all... So kindly tell us those things that are pressing to your God...is it to help pastors buy private jet?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by TomHagen: 9:02pm On Oct 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

lol the irony of this comment is lost on you

YOU defined your Skydaddy not us

YOU called him omnipotent not us

its only logical for such question to arise

I hope you understand now, if you don't I'll elucidate
How does one jump from omnipotnce (which I haven't seen in the Bible by the way) to eradication of poverty?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by JhyMedex: 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:

God did not promise or claim that he will rid z world of agony. At least till that time comes when He will judge the earth and wipe evil off the face of the earth.

C'mon.. Wen is it gon b time... According to xtianity earth is 6000 yrs old..
Imagine wat man has had 2 endure within dt period...
Countless wars, floods, drought and natural catastrophes, genocides,starvation, plagues (such as the black plague dt cut Europe's populations by almost 1/3)...
How much more do we av to endure in a system whr we were neva consulted b4 being thrust in...
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by TomHagen: 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
frank317:

Mr know it all... So kindly tell us those things that are pressing to your God...is it to help pastors buy private jet?
So you admit that you don't know the things that are pressing to God right?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:
All life belongs to the Creator of life.

I posted a short clip on the front page of this thread. It explains the origin of evil and why evil exists temporarily. i'd like you to see it.
So because he created them its now okay to let them suffer?
If so he is wicked
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by frank317: 9:08pm On Oct 30, 2016
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by frank317: 9:08pm On Oct 30, 2016
TomHagen:
So you admit that you don't know the things that are pressing to God right?

I don't know the things that are pressing to your God.. but I know things that are not pressing to him... He is not interested in helping the poor starving kids in war torn areas, at least not yet.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 9:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

So if God continues to spare the lives of sinners (which includes you) and evils like these persist?
How is it His fault?

The theistic God doesn't make sense because it interferes with Natural Law am an Atheist To the Theistic God But Agnostic To the Deist God grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

The theistic God doesn't make sense because it interferes with Natural Law am an Atheist To the Theistic God But Agnostic To the Deist God grin
Exactly. You nailed it man. I'm wiling to accept a creator(deist God), but I'm 99.9% sure that all human God(s) are wrong.

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by akintom(m): 9:18pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool1:
I doubt that as a christian you've ever truly thought about the very flawed logic of God answering your everyday trivial prayers.

People ask God for mundane things like
Passing exams
Marrying
Getting a job
Making money
Sunny weather

The list goes on and on and apparently you can ask God for anything(though it doesn't mean he'll always answer you) and when you do get what you asked for, no matter how trivial your request was, you'll instantly think God did it.

"My God has done it for me" is a very popular sentence for the religious, but what they fail to understand is that the moment you claim God answered your prayers it means he left these people

Prayer is a chronic symptom of illusion.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by jonbellion(m): 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
TomHagen:
ummm I just think its selfish to say " God has been so good in my life" when there are people that are living below minimum wage or people born with life threatening conditions people with physical and mental disabilities and then one yeye Pentecostal man of God with a 4 billion dollar gulfstream G360 private jet would ask you for 10% of your monthly income and then basically use it for the church more than the society and for plane maintenance so the church would be like the "it church" it's more like a competition on who can build the largest auditorium's than actually saving people. They can have like to four or five jets and yet they can't buy a cargo plane then untop of that be prophesising doom to a nation that has turned their back against God saying he would bring upon more wrath and destruction and tell you to pray and "sow a seed" to avert it cuz basically this is as malevolent as someone can get. I'd rather give my money to charity personally than give it to any church. It honestly baffles my mind why a man of God that claims the end is near and says things like do not hope for an earthly reward would be having 4 private jets. Not one but four. Crefo dollar told his church members to donate money for a jet cuz God revealed to him he needed one. And they were actually going to do it.

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by TomHagen: 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
frank317:

I don't know the things that are pressing to your God.. but I know things that are not pressing to him... He is not interested in helping the poor starving kids in war torn areas, at least not yet.
Great. If you admit this, have you not also wondered that there may also be other things about Him that you do not know. Is it rational to draw conclusions on a Being you have just admitted you do not fully know. If I were to start drawing conclusions about you without knowing you fully, would you consider me sensible?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 9:21pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool:

Exactly. You nailed it man. I'm wiling to accept a creator(deist God), but I'm 99.9% sure that all human God(s) are wrong.
The problem is that Theist are Shy to Call their God by His Name ESP Christians Yahweh So they Refer to him as "God" thinking it's Universal which is Simply not True other Religion also refers To there God as God Also So i think it's better when we Atheist Are Referring to the Abrahmic God we Should call them by Their Name
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 9:22pm On Oct 30, 2016
TomHagen:
Great. If you admit this, have you not also wondered that there may also be other things about Him that you do not know. Is it rational to draw conclusions on a Being you have just admitted you do not fully know. If I were to start drawing conclusions about you without knowing you fully, would you consider me sensible?
How do u Know Yahweh is A He?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 30, 2016
TomHagen:
This is why I call you Christians logic benders. Ask yourself if what you just said is even the slightest bit sensible
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by frank317: 9:26pm On Oct 30, 2016
TomHagen:

I know absolutely nothing about any God... I don't know if any God that even exists.

For now,i am only trying to make sense if the assumption in your head.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by TomHagen: 9:27pm On Oct 30, 2016
jonbellion:
ummm I just think its selfish to say " God has been so good in my life" when there are people that are living below minimum wage or people born with life threatening conditions people with physical and mental disabilities and then one yeye Pentecostal man of God with a 4 billion dollar gulfstream G360 private jet would ask you for 10% of your monthly income and then basically use it for the church more than the society and for plane maintenance so the church would be like the "it church" it's more like a competition on who can build the largest auditorium's than actually saving people. They can have like to four or five jets and yet they can't buy a cargo plane then untop of that be prophesising doom to a nation that has turned their back against God saying he would bring upon more wrath and destruction and tell you to pray and "sow a seed" to avert it cuz basically this is as malevolent as someone can get. I'd rather give my money to charity personally than give it to any church. It honestly baffles my mind why a man of God that claims the end is near and says things like do not hope for an earthly reward would be having 4 private jets. Not one but four. Crefo dollar told his church members to donate money for a jet cuz God revealed to him he needed one. And they were actually going to do it.
Your post is filled with uneccessary red herrings. The standard is Christ. Does the fact that some people are going contrary to what He taught render what it null. If a patient does not follow a doctor's instruction and does not get better, who do you blame? The doctor or the patient?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 9:28pm On Oct 30, 2016
frank317:

Ya right...it us his responsibility to help winner01 find his trouser, but it's my responsibility to help those hungry kids. I get it.

Of course it's our responsibility to help the starving kids... Since u accept it...I never wanna hear you say "thank God" for your own achievements again.

Glad we are making head way.

Of course God will still get the thanks because, he will continue to wake us up from sleep to see that day.

Or u think its by your power u sleep and wake up?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by jonbellion(m): 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool:

So because he created them its now okay to let them suffer?
If so he is wicked
creationists like Special pleading. "God is special". Nevermind the fact that they are not able to rationally justify his "specialness", nor do they even try to explain why his "specialness" should allow for flagrant disregard for even the most basic of morals. They assert that "He created the world, so he gets to do what he wants to it" - which is just backing up nonsense with more nonsense. Lets say for example I breed a sentient species of ants. They can create art. They share ideas with each other. They feel pain. Some of them have learned to talk to me, and some of them have even started to worship me.

I should totally be able to piss all over those ants. I'll kill them in so many creative ways... I'll drown them, light them on fire, crush them - even the ones who worship me. But it's fine, and I'm totally not a dick, because I created them.

What utter horse sh*t
It's better to be a deist than believe in a personal God

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by TomHagen: 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2016
frank317:

I know absolutely nothing about any God... I don't know if any God that even exists.

For now,i am only trying to make sense if the assumption in your head.
The ''assumption'' in my head clearly said ''The poor will ALWAYS be with you''. How come you are expecting otherwise?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by TomHagen: 9:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool:

This is why I call you Christians logic benders. Ask yourself if what you just said is even the slightest bit sensible
Is this the part where you feign indignation because you have nothing to say?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by TomHagen: 9:34pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

How do u Know Yahweh is A He?
I don't mean to insult but you are not intelligent. I know this because I am not new on this board. This is just an alternate moniker.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 9:37pm On Oct 30, 2016
TomHagen:
I don't mean to insult but you are not intelligent. I know this because I am not new on this board. This is just an alternate moniker.
I asked a Simple Question How did you know Yahweh is A he?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by olasubomi007(m): 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:
The last time I checked, atheists are comparatively the least charitable people in the world.
Killing hundreds of millions when they find themselves in power.
Yet come here to point to God.

Just talk talk talk.

For The hypocrite who is writing this thread, you may be shocked he has not even fed all the beggars in his street.

It is when it comes to God issues, atheists become humanity advocates.

Mscheww.

You are way wrong bro.. The most charitable people are atheists grin
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 9:42pm On Oct 30, 2016
frank317:

God killed everybody except Noah during the flood (which is not a real story by the way) only to achieve nothing. That's the height of foolishness.

Ur post sounds like God cannot destroy or stop evil. He is so loving that he does not want to kill sinners but prepared hell for them.

It is his fault that evil persists.. because as a creator, he has not idea on how to do away with evil.

How is it the height of foolishness to remove all evil people?
Is that not what u r asking for indirectly on this thread?

U keep having this grandiose self perception that u see evil as 3rd person. Not knowing you are part of it.
Rather start Asking why Shouldnt God destroy you?

And ur statements are disjointed.
There is hell, yes but Jesus came and died for you to escape it.
So why bring it up when I say God is sparing the life of sinners?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 9:43pm On Oct 30, 2016
olasubomi007:

You are way wrong bro.. The most charitable people are atheists grin

In this world?
Sorry.
Wake up
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by raphieMontella: 9:46pm On Oct 30, 2016
they know its stupid lennycool1

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Favorite Line From The Bible / In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? / Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.