Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer (13738 Views)

What To Do When God is Yet To Answer Your Prayer(s) / Has God Ever Answered Your Prayer(s)? Has Juju Ever Worked For You? / A Message To A Female Nairalander (God Has Answered Your Cry) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by TomHagen: 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

I asked a Simple Question How did you know Yahweh is A he?
Let me indulge you as your brothers seem to have run out of gas. The reason is because the Bible describes Him as such; unless you want us to to invent a pronoun specifically for God, we will continue to use He... My reasoning though (and this is just me reasoning) is that God being a Spirit Being is most probably an asexual Entity.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by winner01(m): 9:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
JhyMedex:

C'mon.. Wen is it gon b time... According to xtianity earth is 6000 yrs old..
Imagine wat man has had 2 endure within dt period...
Countless wars, floods, drought and natural catastrophes, genocides,starvation, plagues (such as the black plague dt cut Europe's populations by almost 1/3)...
How much more do we av to endure in a system whr we were neva consulted b4 being thrust in...
I respect your points. Especially your last statement. We were never even consulted before we were created, this singular facts leaves no justification for questioning God.

Perhaps if we asked to be created, we would have the rights to question certain things we are not happy with. Bro, I am not happy with evil too. The least I can do is to help people, love people and pray that those i cant help find help.

Earth is not 6000 years old according to christianity. That figure was gotten by Archbishop James Ussher who took the creation days as literal and assumed that the Bible had complete genealogies.
The fact remains, no one knows the age of the earth.
Some Scientists who think the earth is billions of years old trust that nothing happened over millions of years to affect the decay of radioisotopes...

The thing is, there is little we can do about the existence of evil. And we must do that little.

To say God does not exist because of the existence of evil is irrational.

You can check the front page, I posted a clip on the origin of evil. i'd like you to see it.

Thanks.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 9:52pm On Oct 30, 2016
TomHagen:
Let me indulge you as your brothers seem to have run out of gas. The reason is because the Bible describes Him as such; unless you want us to to invent a pronoun specifically for God, we will continue to use He... My reasoning though (and this is just me reasoning) is that God being a Spirit Being is most probably an asexual Entity.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by olasubomi007(m): 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

In this world?
Sorry.
Wake up

Make I just giv u 2 names.. Make u go sleep.. grin

Bill Gates.. He hs donated over 80+ billion dollars to charity..

Mark Zuckerberg
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by winner01(m): 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool:

So because he created them its now okay to let them suffer?
If so he is wicked
I dont have an answer to that question. I only have a solution. And it is to abide by Jesus one and only commandment: LOVE

However if you are so angry and have the power, I suggest you go meet God in heaven and take some policemen with you, so you can do justice to Him for His wickedness.

The picture below summarizes all that atheists (dead, present and unborn) will ever be to the most high God. A harmless, very angry beetle.

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
raphieMontella:
they know its stupid lennycool1

I hope so oh
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by TomHagen: 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
[quote author=EyeHateGod post=50638322][/quote]I am surprised. You did not dish out one of those responses I have come to expect from you....with a meme or two.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by winner01(m): 10:03pm On Oct 30, 2016
olasubomi007:

Mark Zuckerberg
Bill gates is not an atheist. Melinda gates is a christian. She is a billionaire and they run a joint foundation. These people you mentioned are not as angry and insecure as NL atheists. They are nothing like you.
68% of the worlds billionaires are christians and they also donate to charity.

Christians build orphanages, hospitals, schools, outreach in prisons and IDP camps. What do you people do. Rant on Nairaland undecided
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 10:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:
I dont have an answer to that question. I only have a solution. And it is to abide by Jesus one and only commandment: LOVE

Jesus If he ever Existed Was not The only One that Talked About Love They are people b4 him that preached About It Jesus didn't Invented Love Ever Animal on this Planet has the Ability to Love So what is Your Point?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 10:07pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:
Bill gates is not an atheist. Melinda gates is a christian. She is a billionaire and they run a joint foundation. These people you mentioned are not as angry and insecure as NL atheists. They are nothing like you.

Christians build orphanages, hospitals, schools, outreach in prisons and IDP camps. What do you people do. Rant on Nairaland undecided
Haven't we Gone over This B4?
but it's OK to lie as far as am doing it for Jesus

She is a billionaire? Pls which Number is She On World Rank? and What does she do for a living because if i wanna run a Charity organization I'll leave my wife out from it?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by raphieMontella: 10:11pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:

run a joint foundation with who's money?

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 10:12pm On Oct 30, 2016
raphieMontella:
Abeg help me ask am o but it's OK to lie as far as am doing it for jesus
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Image123(m): 10:16pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool1:
Pictures of starving children in the Biafra war was said to be what made Steve Jobs(cofounder of apple) turn to an atheistic religion. He couldn't understand why any God with a drop of human sympathy would let people suffer like this.
All those seriously sick and starving people, people with real problems that he could have helped. He left all of them to help you pass an exam, marry, get a job, get more money, have a car e.t.c
If your situation isn't immediately life threatening and you said God answered your prayer, then God is a misanthropic being.
Some people will claim that these people were not children of God, or that is the work of the devil, or that this earth does not matter.

I'll ask all those people to think about what they are saying
These children live in the poorest of poor countries, they have no education, no food, no clean water and for some no parents, the missionaries don't even want to go to these war ravaged places and when they do they only cover a small territory, so most of these people have never even heard of Jesus or even Yahweh. They never had a chance to hear God's word.
They're too busy trying to survive with nothing. But they are still children of God right? So why would he let them suffer more than any human ever should, I'm sure some of them wished they were never born into this life, but they were

And you say God got you a job, a car, a house, admission, more money. Do you now understand while its stupid to say God answered your prayer? That he left all these suffering people and wasted his power on you and your irrelevant need..
In a world with God and pastors with jets this should not exist.

God either does not exist or he is Malevolent

RaphieMontella , Weah96 , SirWere , sonofluc1fer , Stephendamsoho , EyeHateGod , FearGodAndLive Kevoh , Johnnydon22 , Akintom , Hardmirror , GRIMMJOE , CoolUsername , 1990news , JSoE , Etesam , Audray , Edenoscar , DeSepiero , charix , GoodMuyis , jonbellion , menxer seun hopefulLanlord coldhardtruth itZQuinn winner01 , kingebukasblog , Richirich713,
scholar8200 , malvisguy212 , Muafrika2
Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 ,
InesQor, Joshthefirst MrPresident1, gatiano
sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia
Jeromejnr, goodmuyis Gombs. Joeagbaje
Jcross KingEbukasBlog Scholar
analice107 anas09

Again, the atheist have defined God and God does not fit their fancy definition, therefore God does not exist. It is as foolish as me saying NL ought to pay me money per post and in dollars. NL does not exist as they do not fit my idea of what NL should be. That is the summary of the average atheist thinking.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by winner01(m): 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2016
raphieMontella:
Na wa oo. Are you trying to separate what God has joined together just because of cheap points.

Bill gates is not an atheist. He knows that it makes sense to believe in God.

Which one of you can say it makes sense to believe in God with this you hate filled petty minds.

It is an insult to mention these peoples names. Mark Zuckerberg sef come Africa, we no hear pian about his atheism.

Even in his country, we still havent heard pian about his atheism.
How on earth would you people think these ones are anything like y'all undecided
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by olasubomi007(m): 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:

Sorry bro.. But I'm not an atheist.. Am just trying to prove a point that Atheists give to charity and most of the top philanthropists are either agnostic or atheists
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by JhyMedex: 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:
I respect your points. Especially your last statement. We were never even consulted before we were created, this singular facts leaves no justification for questioning God.

Perhaps if we asked to be created, we would have the rights to question certain things we are not happy with. .

Aight Bruv will check it...

Imagine dis scenario.. A lecturer makes u come 4 lectures on a Sunday... U sef na imagine d discomfort u'll go thru avin to come to lecture wen u shld b in church.

U r harassed by the security guys, who insist u shldnt b in d lecture room on Sunday...
U finally make it to class...
Bt den he fails to attend d lecture himself

Wld it b OK 2 complain and implore dt d lecturer rectify d situation?..
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by winner01(m): 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
Image123:

Again, the atheist have defined God and God does not fit their fancy definition, therefore God does not exist. It is as foolish as me saying NL ought to pay me money per post and in dollars. NL does not exist as they do not fit my idea of what NL should be. That is the summary of the average atheist thinking.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by winner01(m): 10:22pm On Oct 30, 2016
olasubomi007:

Sorry bro.. But I'm not an atheist.. Am just trying to prove a point that Atheists give to charity and most of the top philanthropists are either agnostic or atheists
I'm sorry. I ddnt know that...

But some studies have shown that religious people are more charitable than atheists. You can search google for the study.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 10:25pm On Oct 30, 2016
Image123:

Do u ever make sense?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2016
olasubomi007:

Mark Zuckerberg

Bill Gates is not an atheist.
Sorry.
And for each of those people mentioned, there are a million or more religious charities, far outnumbering them.
Moreover, these people u mentioned have businesses that benefit from giving to charity.
Real givers are giving even without owning businesses.

So, atheists are still behind.
They are the least charitable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by raphieMontella: 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:
Na wa oo. Are you trying to separate what God has joined together just because of cheap points.

Which one of you can say it makes sense to believe in God with this you hate filled petty minds.

It is an insult to mention these peoples names. Mark Zuckerberg sef come Africa, we no hear pian about his atheism.

How on earth would you people think these ones are anything like y'all undecided
bros..na simple question i ask you o...
Run a joint foundation with who's money?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by winner01(m): 10:28pm On Oct 30, 2016
JhyMedex:

Aight Bruv will check it...

Imagine dis scenario.. A lecturer makes u come 4 lectures on a Sunday... U sef na imagine d discomfort u'll go thru avin to come to lecture wen u shld b in church.

U r harassed by the security guys, who insist u shldnt b in d lecture room on Sunday...
U finally make it to class...
Bt den he fails to attend d lecture himself

Wld it b OK 2 complain and implore dt d lecturer rectify d situation?..
Of course it will be okay to complain and try to contact the lecturer to express your feelings.

What will be irrational is to conclude that the lecturer does not exist simply because he did not attend the lecture himself.

I wish we can discuss better. You can PM me bro.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by winner01(m): 10:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
raphieMontella:

bros..na simple question i ask you o...
Run a joint foundation with who's money?
A non-atheists money.

Do you think you or any other angry atheist here share anything in common with Bill gates or Mark Zuckerberg undecided.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 10:36pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:
A non-atheists money.

Do you think you or any other angry atheist here share anything in common with Bill gates or Mark Zuckerberg undecided.
For someone that Has over 140 topic on Atheism U are Really A Hypocrite! What trait do U shear With Jesus and by the Way Am following this Thread so be careful with your words!
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by JhyMedex: 10:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
4everGod:

Make some effort to do more and complain less... if man can destroy this world through Hatred and selfishness and greed we can also fix it through Love
Impressive!!!... Dts wat we need More love for the next human...
Wit mindsets such as dis...
Pastors will no longer fleece d pple...
Polithiefcians will serve instead of steal...
4everGod will embrace EyeHateGod.. Regardless of philosophical standings...

Nw dts a world we shld b gunning 4...
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by JhyMedex: 10:52pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:

What will be irrational is to conclude that the lecturer does not exist simply because he did not attend the lecture himself.

I wish we can discuss better. You can PM me bro.
Aight...

Lecturer fails to come countless tyms after dt first absence... Will it b rational however to assume he's probably not working wit d skul again or maybe even dead?..
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by dalaman: 2:31am On Oct 31, 2016
Don't here is this God that allegedly created the universe but depends on people like winner01 and co to explain to others why evil exist. No God that exist will rely on any of them to explain anything about him to any body. Read their answers and see the gibberish they are saying. When you tell them that they worship nothing but their imaginations they start crying baaaa baaaa baaaa.

Winner01 says he doesn't like evil. He says if he sees evil he'll try his best to stop it, yet he claims that his God whom he claims is the epitome of goodness and love allows evil to exist for reasons he can not articulate or fail at articulating. These guys just keep attributing contradictory characters to this imaginary God of theirs.

God is loving, just and merciful but he allows evil to exist. Take a look at the world today, does it look as if any good, loving or merciful God has any role to play in it? We have good, loving and merciful humans doing and trying their best.

I just want these christians to give us an example of God's love to humanity that is tangible and objective to all humans. Something that all humans when presented with will say oh that's and example of God's love.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 6:03am On Oct 31, 2016
dalaman:
Don't here is this God that allegedly created the universe but depends on people like winner01 and co to explain to others why evil exist. No God that exist will rely on any of them to explain anything about him to any body. Read their answers and see the gibberish they are saying. When you tell them that they worship nothing but their imaginations they start crying baaaa baaaa baaaa.

Winner01 says he doesn't like evil. He says if he sees evil he'll try his best to stop it, yet he claims that his God whom he claims is the epitome of goodness and love allows evil to exist for reasons he can not articulate or fail at articulating. These guys just keep attributing contradictory characters to this imaginary God of theirs.

God is loving, just and merciful but he allows evil to exist. Take a look at the world today, does it look as if any good, loving or merciful God has any role to play in it? We have good, loving and merciful humans doing and trying their best.

I just want these christians to give us an example of God's love to humanity that is tangible and objective to all humans. Something that all humans when presented with will say oh that's and example of God's love.

How many tmes have u used your own power to wake up from sleep in the morning?
Or its by ur power?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by dalaman: 6:31am On Oct 31, 2016
felixomor:

How many tmes have u used your own power to wake up from sleep in the morning?
Or its by ur power?

Waking up from sleep is just like me walking from point a to point be. Sleep is a biological process. Stop bringing up this idoitic Sunday school examples. You are dealing with adults here not kids.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by winner01(m): 7:02am On Oct 31, 2016
dalaman:

There is far more greater good than evil in the world. The fact that your challenges has blurred your vision does not mean everyone's challenges has.

If we worship our imaginations, do you want us to stop worshipping it with you undecided
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 31, 2016
winner01:

And I said before that bill and mark are the faces of their respective companies. If they bad mouth religion it will reflect on the company, as will a sex tape, arrest, bad health, arrest e.t.c they are very careful. America is a largely homophobic, racist and misogynistic society. Yet they would rather vote a homosexual, a woman, a black person in office than an atheist in a poll conducted a decade ago.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by winner01(m): 7:07am On Oct 31, 2016
JhyMedex:

Aight...

Lecturer fails to come countless tyms after dt first absence... Will it b rational however to assume he's probably not working wit d skul again or maybe even dead?..
No Bro. Dont you think this lecturer comes to class more often than not. Evil cannot allow us to close our eyes to the greater good that abounds bro.
I just sent you a pm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? / The End Of Reason:A Response To The New Atheists / My Favorite Line From The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.