Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! (881 Views)

When You Can't Stop Having Causal Sex / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by andyboi4real(m): 9:28am On Oct 31, 2016
My Names Are Clement Ifesinachi Robert (not Real Names Though; My Dad Is On Nairaland).
Well, Here Is My Problem Ever Since I Knew Myself As A Kid I Always Knew Church Going Ain't 4 Me, Have Always Been Forced To Go To Church As A Kid, I Kinda Told My Dad That I Want To Stop Going To Church,what Did He Say? Clement U'Re My Son,i Pay Ur Fees, Feed U And You Live Under My Roof,so U Got To Obey My Laws; Going To Church Aint A Choice It's A Must.I Was Devastated To Say The Least, As An Adult I Thought I Could Make My Own Decisions, So Yesterday I Didn't Go To Church,and As Am Writing This I Have'nt Eating Since Yesterday's Afternoon.Pls Nairalander's I Need Your Help On What Step To Take Next?
Pls I Need Ur Help ASAP.
P.S; Am Not An Atheis,I Love God, Bt Going To Church Kinda Seems Lyk A Ritual To Me,when I See My Freinds Every Sunday The First They Say Is "u Don Go Church" If No They U Re A Pegan.Am Begining To Wonder Is Going Church A MUST For A CHRISTIAN?
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by Mynd44: 9:33am On Oct 31, 2016
Why not talk to your dad about this instead of ballantly disobeying him?

Help him understand how you feel and hope you can come to a compromise.

In the event that he is unreasonable (no offence) you might be stuck with tbis for a while then
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by andyboi4real(m): 10:01am On Oct 31, 2016
Mynd44:

That Is The Problem, He Doesn't Want To Listen To Me,yesterday We Ha A Heated Argument,my Mom Begged Him,xo I Thought He Might At Least Calmed Down.Do U Knw What He Did Next? He Threw Me Out Of His House... I Mean Which Father Does That, Cos Of A Little Argument? I Clearly Thinks He Is Obsessed With This Church Going Of A Thing, Truth Is I Have'Nt Seen My Dad Since Yesterday's Nite.
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by flamingREED(m): 10:18am On Oct 31, 2016
Mynd44:

In the event that he is unreasonable (no offence) you might be stuck with tbis for a while then

Are you an atheist too?
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by petra1(m): 10:22am On Oct 31, 2016
andyboi4real:
Am Begining To Wonder Is Going Church A MUST For A CHRISTIAN?

Hebrews 10:25 (KJV Strong's)
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by flamingREED(m): 10:29am On Oct 31, 2016
andyboi4real:
.Am Begining To Wonder Is Going Church A MUST For A CHRISTIAN?

When we say some of you were never Christians,
Some think we're illogical.

Acts 2
46 And they, CONTINUING DAILY WITH ONE ACCORD IN THE TEMPLE, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

Acts 20
7 And UPON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, WHEN THE DISCIPLES CAME TOGETHER to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

Hebrews 10
25 Not forsaking THE ASSEMBLING OF OURSELVES TOGETHER, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Repent from disobeying your dad.
It's sin.
It doesn't matter how your mum feels in this matter.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by andyboi4real(m): 10:56am On Oct 31, 2016
petra1:

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Gathering Of Ourselves, Where? Is The Church The Only Place 4 Gathering.I Read The Book Of Act Of Apostles, And The Bible Neva Said The Appostles Met Together On Daily Or Weekly In A Church, But What It Does Says Is That The Church(i.e The People) Gathered Together From Time To Time.
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by andyboi4real(m): 11:03am On Oct 31, 2016
flamingREED:

When we say some of you were never Christians,
Some think we're illogical.

Acts 2
46 And they, CONTINUING DAILY WITH ONE ACCORD IN THE TEMPLE, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

Acts 20
7 And UPON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, WHEN THE DISCIPLES CAME TOGETHER to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

Hebrews 10
25 Not forsaking THE ASSEMBLING OF OURSELVES TOGETHER, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Repent from disobeying your dad.
It's sin.
It doesn't matter how your mum feels in this matter.
I Didn't Say I Am Not A Christian, I Love God So Much,all Am Saying Is Why Can't I Worship God In The Comfort Of My Room? Or Beta Still Why Can't I And My Brothers And Sisters In Christ Gather In The Comfort Of Our Homes?
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by flamingREED(m): 11:26am On Oct 31, 2016
andyboi4real:

I Didn't Say I Am Not A Christian, I Love God So Much,all Am Saying Is Why Can't I Worship God In The Comfort Of My Room? Or Beta Still Why Can't I And My Brothers And Sisters In Christ Gather In The Comfort Of Our Homes?
We've shown you scriptures but you don't care about them.

You're not a Christian, my dear boy.

You don't obey the Bible.

Satan will soon give you clues on how to do otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by MrPRevailer(m): 11:43am On Oct 31, 2016
andyboi4real:

Gathering Of Ourselves, Where? Is The Church The Only Place 4 Gathering.I Read The Book Of Act Of Apostles, And The Bible Neva Said The Appostles Met Together On Daily Or Weekly In A Church, But What It Does Says Is That The Church(i.e The People) Gathered Together From Time To Time.

The people gathered themselves and were thought by the apostles who were prophets or pastor's etc. People divinely ordained by God to take care of the flocks or minister to them.

However the question might be if your Pastor is divinely ordained or not.

Going to a living church is compulsory. The benefits are numerous than staying alone in your house. Gain exceptional knowledge, build your faith, prayers with one accord etc.
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by MrPRevailer(m): 11:47am On Oct 31, 2016
ARE YOU SURE YOU LOVE GOD?

'If you love me, then keep my commandment' John 14:15

"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honour me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.'

GOD CANNOT BE DECEIVED.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by BossLadyF(f): 11:58am On Oct 31, 2016
I think the problem you're facing is your church. Why not try to join a department and see if you will love it but again, Maybe you ain't comfortable with your church. The best thing to do is look for a church that you're comfortable with but a spirit filled church. Personally, I was going to a church that my mum used to force us to attend and if my dance department doesn't minister that Sunday, I'll just be sleeping in church. The word wasn't getting to me and when I gained admission, all through my 100lvl I didn't go to church even on holiday, I started giving excuses then I told my parents that salvation is personal. I had to locate my own church and got engaged in a department and now I see fellowship as my lifestyle not a routine because David said "I was glad when THEY said, let US go into the house of the Lord.

Just read the scriptures the others have commented

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by sonofluc1fer: 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2016
flamingREED:

hahahahaha..
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by Airoflaw(m): 4:58pm On Oct 31, 2016
i dont understand you yet...is it dat you ddont like your church probably your fathers church.. then let d holyspirit lead you to a church where you spirit can be lifted and where u will enjoy going where you know if you dont go you will miss alot
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by andyboi4real(m): 5:17pm On Oct 31, 2016
Airoflaw:
i dont understand you yet...is it dat you ddont like your church probably your fathers church.. then let d holyspirit lead you to a church where you spirit can be lifted and where u will enjoy going where you know if you dont go you will miss alot
I Don't Want To Attend Any Church, I Jst Want To Worship God Personally
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by Genesis2000(m): 5:36pm On Oct 31, 2016
petra1:

But the attitudes of these churches this days will make you want to avoid them completely. And it is pathetic.

@the op look 4 a bible believing church around you and start going, it is possible you don't like one or two characters of the pastor incharge or someone might have offended you in your dad church.

because as far as am concern you re still a kid and must take your fathers instruction. Unless you re looking for something else. This is not America.
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by Genesis2000(m): 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2016
BossLadyF:
I think the problem you're facing is your church. Why not try to join a department and see if you will love it but again, Maybe you ain't comfortable with your church. The best thing to do is look for a church that you're comfortable with but a spirit filled church. Personally, I was going to a church that my mum used to force us to attend and if my dance department doesn't minister that Sunday, I'll just be sleeping in church. The word wasn't getting to me and when I gained admission, all through my 100lvl I didn't go to church even on holiday, I started giving excuses then I told my parents that salvation is personal. I had to locate my own church and got engaged in a department and now I see fellowship as my lifestyle not a routine because David said "I was glad when THEY said, let US go into the house of the Lord.

Just read the scriptures the others have commented

Yes, i liked your comment. Hmmm i believe that's exactly the problem. I don't think he is comfortable with his family church, we have had such experiences at one Time and the other.
Believe me there were no smoke without a fire. He should look for one church that his spirit accepted, and joined them. He will be good to go.
And besides some of the massages you hears today is nothing to write home about. I knows what am saying.

There is a church that boy will go today believe me he will not like to leave them.

Am also afraid he has already joined nairaland, he might end up becoming an atheist. Nobody actually knows why his father is making it mandatory for him, since he is also a member of this forum.

All these atheist you sees today have one time and the other goes to church before, being a member of one Christians family and the others, that why they were very good in quoting scriptures.
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by ValentineMary(m): 6:14pm On Oct 31, 2016
flamingREED:

We've shown you scriptures but you don't care about them.

It is because of people like this that I would rather remain atheist.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by flamingREED(m): 8:58pm On Oct 31, 2016
ValentineMary:
It is because of people like this that I would rather remain atheist.

O sinner,

You

Are

IGNORED!!
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by BossLadyF(f): 9:44pm On Oct 31, 2016
Genesis2000:

Yes, i liked your comment. Hmmm i believe that's exactly the problem. I don't think he is comfortable with his family church, we have had such experiences at one Time and the other.
Believe me there were no smoke without a fire. He should look for one church that his spirit accepted, and joined them. He will be good to go.
And besides some of the massages you hears today is nothing to write home about. I knows what am saying.

There is a church that boy will go today believe me he will not like to leave them.

Am also afraid he has already joined nairaland, he might end up becoming an atheist. Nobody actually knows why his father is making it mandatory for him, since he is also a member of this forum.

All these atheist you sees today have one time and the other goes to church before, being a member of one Christians family and the others, that why they were very good in quoting scriptures.

I pray he sees all these and hearken to it.
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by shadeyinka(m): 9:48pm On Oct 31, 2016
andyboi4real:
Am Begining To Wonder Is Going Church A MUST For A CHRISTIAN?

I understand perfectly how you feel.

The problem is simple: You!
Why?
1. You are not yet connected!
2. You do not know why you should be connected!
3. You feel you are good enough to make it!
4. You are idle in your church (sunday-sunday type)
5. You think you are a Christian!
6. You are BORED with the religion in the church!

Do you think I am wrong in any of these above?

Please check out these two posts and you will sure thank me later.
https://www.nairaland.com/3423081/real-fake-student-university-heaven

https://www.nairaland.com/3436394/how-improve-spiritual-cgpa

Christianity is exciting only after you are connected!

If you are on WhatsApp, pm me and I can answer all your questions.

Its not about Religion, its all about CHRIST!
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by SamJed(m): 9:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
When christian say they dont want to go to church, that they want to worship God personally, i just shake my head at their self deceit...the world is technological, yet why do we still pass through the four walls of a school We should just stay behind the laptop and learn everything by ourselves always...we celebrate birthdays...why do we celebrate it with people Why not bake ur own cake, buy ur own drinks and sing the happy birthday song to urself alone My dear the church is the body of christ...each person has his own function in the church...the church is where we celebrate christ, edify our souls and grow in spirit...YOU CAN NEVER WORSHIP GOD ALONE AND GROW IN THE TRUE KNOWLEDGE OF CHRIST...one thing i believe is that if your church cant change you, then change your church...another thing is that when people want to backslide, they console themselves by saying they want to worship God personally...bro check ur life...u are going out of the way...go to a bible believing church and worship God

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by petra1(m): 5:39am On Nov 05, 2016
andyboi4real:

Where Christians meet is called church . Either it's under a tree or school hall. Read it in other translations

Hebrews 10:25 (Living Bible, The - TLB)
Let us not neglect our church meetings, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near.
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by otemanuduno: 7:15am On Nov 05, 2016
Worshippers of Satan deceiving themselves undecided
Mtchew. They made buildings and gather there everyday, worshipping the little gods called pastors and Bishop, who are connected to satan(yahweh), yet they think they are worshipping GOD ALMIGHTY, THE UNIVERSE PERSONIFIED, THE FATHER OF YAHWEH, ALLAH, ODIN, VISHNU, etc? undecided
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by udumosam23(m): 3:03pm On Nov 05, 2016
andyboi4real:

I Don't Want To Attend Any Church, I Jst Want To Worship God Personally

Personal worship has its place, corporate worship is also necessary. You can't be a lone christian. The bible made reference to us as parts of a body, attempting to continue alone is like the head telling the rest of the body parts i want to be alone.

The bible encourages fellowship, the spirit moves when we gather, we strengthen ourselves in fellowship and benefits from the gifts of others.

So son, no matter what you think, it is proper to identify with other Christians in a local church. They need you as much as you need them.

If your argument is that you don't like the church, then I'll say look for another that will suit you. But for you to insist in lone worship, you're getting it wrong.

So, go now and apologise to daddy and promise you'll be in church tomorrow. OK?
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2016
andyboi4real:
My Names Are Clement Ifesinachi Robert (not Real Names Though; My Dad Is On Nairaland).
Well, Here Is My Problem Ever Since I Knew Myself As A Kid I Always Knew Church Going Ain't 4 Me, Have Always Been Forced To Go To Church As A Kid, I Kinda Told My Dad That I Want To Stop Going To Church,what Did He Say? Clement U'Re My Son,i Pay Ur Fees, Feed U And You Live Under My Roof,so U Got To Obey My Laws; Going To Church Aint A Choice It's A Must.I Was Devastated To Say The Least, As An Adult I Thought I Could Make My Own Decisions, So Yesterday I Didn't Go To Church,and As Am Writing This I Have'nt Eating Since Yesterday's Afternoon.Pls Nairalander's I Need Your Help On What Step To Take Next?
Pls I Need Ur Help ASAP.
P.S; Am Not An Atheis,I Love God, Bt Going To Church Kinda Seems Lyk A Ritual To Me,when I See My Freinds Every Sunday The First They Say Is "u Don Go Church" If No They U Re A Pegan.Am Begining To Wonder Is Going Church A MUST For A CHRISTIAN?

You are a kid and must obey your father's instructions. If you are grown up get out of your father's house and rent an apartment.

What make you think church is not for you? Nothing is for anyone or against anyone. We all live by our choice. The more passionate we are about our choice, the easier they are to follow through.

Make your choice and stop crying like a baby
Re: Pls Help, I Can't Stop Going To Church!!! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
Ahhh;

I'm in a similar dilemna even if the events are a bit disparate.

You're still a christian; I an................ Just call me irreligious, I don't know yet grin!

Op, I would advise you to endure going for now. You can take novels along with you, or your phone, heck even reading the stories in the bible might help!!

Or you can perhaps join a group and learn skills.

Drumming, acting.... Heck even Evangelism.

It might help you later and at least, that's a skill learnt.

Just endure, OP. The sad realization is that there's basically nothing you can do right now.

Goodluck winkwink

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Identify Jesus In These Photo / I See Angels And Hear The Holyspirit Is It Normal / The Beatitudes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.