Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog (35363 Views)

Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog / 3 Most Important Things Men Think About - Bamisepeters' Blog / To Cool An Angry Husband Takes No Stress, Just - Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by queenesthr(f): 10:54pm On Oct 31, 2016
EazyMoh:
Ladies believe what you like, a mother is the most important woman in a man's life, not his wife.

A mother is the most important woman in a woman's life, not her husband.

10 Likes

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by nkemdi89(f): 10:59pm On Oct 31, 2016
Please o my MIL and mother should stay alive, who will carry my twins for me when my maternity leave is over? As long as am concerned she is a necessary evil and i am going to spoil her stuff that she will even forget her son.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by DozieInc(m): 11:17pm On Oct 31, 2016
AfroKnight:
Only a foolish woman contends with her mother in-law. A wife must respect the unique bond a man shares with his mother. She must accept the woman who raised the man she fell for. If not, then she is not ready to be a wife.

A mother is irreplaceable. We can't say the same for wives. If you cannot love your mother in law, the least you can do is keep your manipulation away from the relationship she shares with her son.

Over the years, wise women have earned the respect or even affection of their mothers in-law. Let the foolish ones pray empty powerless prayers instead of working on themselves. They will learn of the effect of their schemes when they have their own sons.
Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by metallisc(m): 11:24pm On Oct 31, 2016
Ballajide:
If you get mama G as mother in law uh will wishes worse

4 Likes

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by luminouz(m): 11:26pm On Oct 31, 2016
suzan404:
I will never wish my mother-in-law death,ahan cos I'd definitely become one,what goes around comes around...Every daughter-in-law is a potential mother-in-law...we should just continue to pray to God to give us what we all desire...a mother-in-law like my own mother that's all I wish for....smileyI wish my mother inlaw (whoever she is) the best things in life.
Ur mother in law? That's my mum dear! Ur so lucky! grin
Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by Austin234(m): 11:43pm On Oct 31, 2016
Only a foolish lady will such prayer or even act in such a similar manne. A wise lady will always strike d balance. Some good christian ladies have been able to influence d most difficult MIL positively.

Fear of God and good characters are the weapon to conquer such battle

1 Like

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by shumuel(m): 11:52pm On Oct 31, 2016
Op God bless you, and its so spot on that i have not much to say, i was just thinking of this last week and honestly its disheartening to hear ladies say such while they are all also praying to be mothers to boys; which would also make them MILs in future, mtcheeeew! May our ladies receive sense.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by ginggerxy: 12:03am On Nov 01, 2016
RaeMystix:
What if the mother inlaw is a witch unkO?
then why would you want to marry the son of a witch?

1 Like

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by rexericx(m): 12:58am On Nov 01, 2016
Bro ur WATSAPP??
Wat s up
Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 1:12am On Nov 01, 2016
shumuel:
Op God bless you, and its so spot on that i have not much to say, i was just thinking of this last week and honestly its disheartening to hear ladies say such while they are all also praying to be mothers to boys; which would also make them MILs in future, mtcheeeew! May our ladies receive sense.
i am happy i am saying minds, but happier my write-ups are making frontpage, if not seun who made this forum possible and his subordinates lalasticlala and co i may not be able to speak to thousands of you. @ all, thank you for your comments, those comments means a lot to my growth, don't stop following me. #proudwriter

1 Like

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by mapet: 2:16am On Nov 01, 2016
luminouz:

suzan404: :
I will never wish my mother-in-law death,ahan cos I'd definitely become one,what goes around comes around...Every daughter-in-law is a potential mother-in-law...we should just continue to pray to God to give us what we all desire...a mother-in-law like my own mother that's all I wish for....smileyI wish my mother inlaw (whoever she is) the best things in life.
Ur mother in law? That's my mum dear! Ur so lucky! grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by miky(m): 2:31am On Nov 01, 2016
Naturally Women hate Women

1 Like

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by Acidosis(m): 4:46am On Nov 01, 2016
fluxbush:
Ugh! Another thread for guys to bash DILs. Already, one Ahab above is talking shit about wives being replaceable. Now with attitudes like that, when a supposed husband can't and won't caution his erring mother, do you really expect the ' bought out' wife to show love and wish the MIL well? And all in the name of cementing the bond between mother and son, as if the wife was cultivated from a tree.

I am not for wishing MILs death, karma or not, but when men learn to put everyone in their proper places,there will never be scenarios where MILs and DILs will be antagonistic towards each other. The onus lies on our lily-livered men and husbands.

Food for thought: MILs are not the mothers of the wives,so don't expect them to flow same as they flow with their actual blood. I can tell my mum that I am tired and won't cook for a day and she will understand me cuz I am her daughter. Say that to MIL and my box is already on its way to my father's house

grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by RaeMystix: 5:06am On Nov 01, 2016
ginggerxy:
then why would you want to marry the son of a witch?
Maybe such wasn't discovered until after the wedding?
Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by Bisjosh(f): 5:57am On Nov 01, 2016
Truth be told ...

Some MIL already see a DIL as rival even before getting to know her.
they feel she will turn the attention her son showers on her to only herself (DIL)

ladies should stop pretending they love their MIL just to get the son then turn around after the wedding to show their beasty side.

If u know the mama is too tied to her son and u cant cope pls , no need in marrying the son. Look for someone else.

Women are their own worst enemies. You dont see this happening between son inlaw and father inlaw.

And for the husbands pls stop thinking over righteous of your moms. If your mum treats you well doesnt mean she treats others well. MILs are not angels.

10 Likes

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by ginggerxy: 6:05am On Nov 01, 2016
RaeMystix:

Maybe such wasn't discovered until after the wedding?
then why not divorce the son Of a witch as the witch might have also given birth to a witch

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by EazyMoh(m): 6:07am On Nov 01, 2016
queenesthr:

A mother is the most important woman in a woman's life, not her husband.
Why would a husband be the most important "woman" in his wife's life? he is not a woman. You mean to type: A father is the most important man in a woman's life, not her husband. In which case I completely agree.
Spouses are overrated.
Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by okwyee(m): 6:23am On Nov 01, 2016
yes, I agree with you that MILs should not be wished death, but some are just so callous.
My Grandma and my dads brothers would always visit us then (when my dad was still financially blissful) and she would pay attention to all their needs, but when he had problems and took I, my mum and my sis to my Grandma (bless her soul) to take care of us till he sorts himself out, she starved the hell out of us, eventually God answered our prayers and he's good again (courtesy of him and my mum's hardwork) then they started coming again, my Mum never fought her or said ill about her and my dad brothers, my dad still supports them in almost everything.. and they his brothers don't see my mum part of the helping equation (I really don't know the way they see her in that family), my mum is the reason why my dad's business is still stable — now to say I dislike my dad's family is a understatement (God help me when I'm going to get married, I'll prefer other people to stand as my dad's family for me than they), my dad now is trying his best to make me connected to them, but that cant possibly happen, only God can make me like them.

what am I saying, some families are very hard to please, and it takes only a patient person to endure them..

personally, with all my mum has passed through in order for me to be a 'somebody', nothing can make me shut her out of my life (as it would please some wives) I'll gladly send my wife away instead that's why I keep praying to marry a good and understanding wife. and if that seems impossible, I would probably prefer my mum gets me a wife.

We have no control over what happens in this world, but I pray I have no reason to see my mum as bad. and I pray my wife won't.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by PHILONZO(m): 6:38am On Nov 01, 2016
Mother in-laws should be both the other side. Some wives have a bad mother too but you will never see them talk about their mothers. Women always present their mothers as sent. My position is that whether my mother is a witch or not, let her alone for me or try the next house. The witch that trained me should not be a bad witch as such. Before I got married having known of this issues, I warned her to never quarrel with my mother without telling me first no matter the circumstances. I love the way it is going . Mothers are gift from God that should be respected till death make us part. If my wife wants me to respect her mother,she should respect mine without malice.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by godson4u79(m): 6:49am On Nov 01, 2016
That's what too much watching Africa magic movies has caused.. it has soiled the mindset of most you my girls out there.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by giles14(m): 7:06am On Nov 01, 2016
kennygee:
Hmmn. It is well.

Not that I support the idea of praying for a MIL to die before entering her son's house. But we should consider the reason behind why a sane person would wish that.

Some of these ladies watched the way a MIL maltreated their Mum or their sister or aunt.

The day wey my mama gist me Wetin her MIL do her as a young wife of 22, I felt for her. She said her MIL came for Omuguo and didn't even touch any of her babies (twins), there were times soap would enter our nose when she is bathing us and she would run out to ask for the help of neighbours while her MIL is in the room.

Still she forgave the woman even tho the woman's character didn't change. The woman no go say my mama no try for her, may God rest her soul.

So instead of wishing the woman dead, pray ahead that God will give you a MIL like ur own mother, that God will make her love you even more than her own child, make you sef ready keep head down.

If u enter her son house dey do any how, you go see any how.
u part of d country are u from,
cos d part I am from it's d lady's mum dat do come for d omuguo. her mother in law can only come on d invitation of d lady or if d lady's mum is dead
Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by luminouz(m): 7:10am On Nov 01, 2016
Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by afribabe: 7:46am On Nov 01, 2016
EazyMoh:
Ladies believe what you like, a mother is the most important woman in a man's life, not his wife.
*Modified
The moment a wife looks down on her MIL she has set her marriage in the path of disaster. Even if the MIL is wicked and unkind, even if she insults and slaps the DIL , SHE SHOULD NEVER THINK OF RETALIATING. Better for her to insult me than to insult my mother.
who is the most important in the wife 's life? And why should a MIL insult and slap a DIL. Well If you want me to treat your mother like my mother, if she insults and slaps me, you shouldn't mind if i handle it as if she were my mom. Will you be happy if your MIL insults and slaps you too? Hmmmm. Your mother is the most important woman in your father's life.

MIL be forming commander in her son's house but will turn to jelly in her daughter's matrimonial home. Same woman want to control son's wife and also be teaching her daughter how to deal with her own MIL. In my own opinion MIL's wickedness to DIL is a deliberate thing jare. Same way a man will be forming head of family and maltreating wife in Nigeria only for them to sit up and behave themselves when they are abroad. Everybody likes exercising power where they can get away with it. Mtscheeew.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by geraob1: 8:12am On Nov 01, 2016
Bisjosh:
Truth be told ...

Some MIL already see a DIL as rival even before getting to know her.
they feel she will turn the attention her son showers on her to only herself (DIL)

ladies should stop pretending they love their MIL just to get the son then turn around after the wedding to show their beasty side.

If u know the mama is too tied to her son and u cant cope pls , no need in marrying the son. Look for someone else.

Women are their own worst enemies. You dont see this happening between son inlaw and father inlaw.

And for the husbands pls stop thinking over righteous of your moms. If your mum treats you well doesnt mean she treats others well. MILs are not angels.

Spot on..

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by Doctorfitz: 8:12am On Nov 01, 2016
Lols, I jst laff wen I read comments on nairaland.its filled with so much pretence and fake personas.....you are all aware of the fact that african marriage is deeply rooted in family so stop deceiving urselves that u're marrying a son (aunty he didn't drop from heaven)..u wanna tel me u were oblivious of the tight bond between this man and his mother? Y una jst like to dey deceive unaselves? Ehn y?.u're actually marrying the family deal with that reality and the truth is so many ladies av bleeped up behaviours,needless to say some mother in laws too get their own for body...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by ozoemenafn: 8:16am On Nov 01, 2016
Funny enough some of these ladies who wish their MIL dead their own mothers are worse than the MIL they want dead. Its up bringing that contribute a lot to this. A lady that has such wishes for her MIL surely has. no proper up bringing. Guys open your eyes and if you suspect a lady has such character please don't border to go forward with such a relationship

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by shumuel(m): 8:31am On Nov 01, 2016
bamisepeters:
i am happy i am saying minds, but happier my write-ups are making frontpage, if not seun who made this forum possible and his subordinates lalasticlala and co i may not be able to speak to thousands of you. @ all, thank you for your comments, those comments means a lot to my growth, don't stop following me. #proudwriter

you are most welcome smiley
Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by Angelahoney: 8:41am On Nov 01, 2016
bumi10:
Wen i heard this first from a friend, i really thought she was joking until i noticed she said it to someone else

but how can ladies be this selfish? is simply, what you wish someone is what you wish yourself.

If u don't already knw that, is better u know it now.

meanwhile checkout what Nigeria soldiers intercepted on checkpoint today @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/11/soldiers-intercepts-ambulance-carrying.html

It can be tough for me sometimes. If you care for your mother and listen to her, you'll be called mummy's boy. If you shower all your love on your wife, they'll call you woman wrapper
Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by warrenweste(m): 9:02am On Nov 01, 2016
Hmm reminds me of one s.tupid gf I had then that told me she *hates anything Mummy" I bundled her out decently and deleted her number smiley

1 Like

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by APCmyheart(m): 9:02am On Nov 01, 2016
fluxbush:
Ugh! Another thread for guys to bash DILs. Already, one Ahab above is talking shit about wives being replaceable. Now with attitudes like that, when a supposed husband can't and won't caution his erring mother, do you really expect the ' bought out' wife to show love and wish the MIL well? And all in the name of cementing the bond between mother and son, as if the wife was cultivated from a tree.

I am not for wishing MILs death, karma or not, but when men learn to put everyone in their proper places,there will never be scenarios where MILs and DILs will be antagonistic towards each other. The onus lies on our lily-livered men and husbands.

Food for thought: MILs are not the mothers of the wives,so don't expect them to flow same as they flow with their actual blood. I can tell my mum that I am tired and won't cook for a day and she will understand me cuz I am her daughter. Say that to MIL and my box is already on its way to my father's house.

One them, Your likes will be claiming superiority over the man, You will always want to have control over him more than his mother, You will always want to dictate how he treat his mother, You will want to know when he give her money, How much he gave her.. Continue..

Well maybe you need to learn first from your mother how to treat your MIL except you were brought up by a mother who is like you.
Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by fluxbush(f): 9:12am On Nov 01, 2016
APCmyheart:

One them, Your likes will be claiming superiority over the man, You will always want to have control over him more than his mother, You will always want to dictate how he treat his mother, You will want to know when he give her money, How much he gave her.. Continue..

Well maybe you need to learn first from your mother how to treat your MIL except you were brought up by a mother who is like you.
Oh please shut it! You think your rantings will make me feel bad about my opinions? I ve seen and heard worse, so just park one side abeg. Where in my post did I suggest superiority over a man? And you even had to mention my mum? You are very ignorant and emotionally stunted.

If you had common sense, you would have addressed the points I made instead of resorting to personal attack and insults. It is emotional midgets like you that give a bad name to marriage. Don't quote me again if you can't engage in intelligent and meaningful discourse. You think I am one of those helpless and needy women you can terrorize with your emotional blackmail? Nonsense. Mtchewwwww angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog by DimFemmy(m): 9:46am On Nov 01, 2016
Flashh:
Let them know.
That is to say : ''JEKAN MO''

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! / Woman Delivers Baby Boy In Tricycle [photos] / My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.