Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:29 AM

I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. (5738 Views)

Reverend Sisters Die In Accident In Cross River (Graphic Photos) / Experienced Big Brothers And Sisters, Adivce Is Needed Here Asap Plz. / Passengers Weep As Aero Aircraft Struggle To Land For Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by paddylo1(m): 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2009
@RSA

dont thou dost protest too much?,Nigerians being in afghanistan is a sign of our hustle and never say die attitude,unlike blacks in your country that refuse to travel out but prefer to be subserviant to your tiny white population at home
dont worry i leave SA for u cause homie there is nothing that will make me come there to live,and dont even get me started with aids,
so keep deluding yourself,there are more dollar millionaires in nigeria than the UK and u expect me to live anywhere else outside nigeria or the US.homie please
tell them black peeps in SA to step their game up,get current with the hustle or loose even the little crumbs falling off the white mans table
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by RSA(m): 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2009
If hustling means I have to leave my country with unlimited opportunity and go and live like a squalor in some european country,I would rather deal with my own minority whites.And beside as a black South African I am more connected to whites South Africans than any Nigerians,I will gladly fight next to my white South African brother than a Nigerian anytime and anyday just like any Igboman will do with Hausa and Yoruba who massacared them during Biafra war.Bottom line is in South Africa blacks and white are looking after each other,we are in the same boat.We're all here to build a succesfull nation,a nation that will compete with the best in the world.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by mzansigirl(f): 5:29pm On Nov 17, 2009
Point is majority of people immigrate to other countries when they feel that life will be better elsewhere, they could be immigrating because civil wars, persecution, economic reasons etc. Example would be the Jews and the europeans that left europe during and after the world wars.

Nigerians are hustling in other countries because they've actually given up on nigeria, they dont believe that they will get the best education and financial opportunities in nigeria, hence those that could/can studied overseas and settle there. The corruption, the electicity shortage, the healthcare status (and other factors u would know better than me paddy lo) in nigeria, drive people to look elsewhere for a better life; to the point where even the uneducated and criminally inclined would rather take risks and end up in China, Afghanistan, languishing in prisons all over the world world; the educated washing dishes and driving cabs in America. (i know many will refuse to admit to this, so i am not waiting for any of you to concur)

apartheid is still there, BUT not all of us are afraid of whites as much as some nigerians insist, (maybe a portion of people working on the farms is still afraid). I know the whites are still in charge of the economy, but blacks are making strides in that department.

We have not given up on SA yet, we still believe we can get what we want here, thats why many blacks are still in SA. Blacks from SA do study and work overseas, but they always return home because they have not given up. should the time come and we do give up we will also queue desperately at embassies and do anything to get the hell out. Those already working in europe will marry europeans to get citizenship, we will cross borders illegally like the Zimbabweans are doing (fyi i am not xenophobic), who knows nairalanders may even live to see a mass immigration of black south africans to nigeria grin grin, like i said we might do whatever the heck it takes to get out. grin grin

On a last note, is it necessary to throw insults??
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by morpheus24: 5:59pm On Nov 17, 2009
RSA:

If hustling means I have to leave my country with unlimited opportunity and go and live like a squalor in some european country,I would rather deal with my own minority whites.And beside as a black South African I am more connected to whites South Africans than any Nigerians,I will gladly fight next to my white South African brother than a Nigerian anytime and anyday just like any Igboman will do with Hausa and Yoruba who massacared them during Biafra war.Bottom line is in South Africa blacks and white are looking after each other,we are in the same boat.We're all here to build a succesfull nation,a nation that will compete with the best in the world.

RSA, please don't let those "Oyibo' people fool you. The well educated and middle class ones often have dual citizenship, a lot more are precuring this status and should the tide turn, They will clear the ship like rats do should it show signs of  sinking. There's always the poor White Saffers who have to gut it out and are the ones that are left who will probably fight with you.

Tis called CLASSISIM!!

Haven't you seen the movei Titanic.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by paddylo1(m): 2:50am On Nov 18, 2009
Nigerians are hustling in other countries because they've actually given up on nigeria, they dont believe that they will get the best education and financial opportunities in nigeria, hence those that could/can studied overseas and settle there. The corruption, the electicity shortage, the healthcare status (and other factors u would know better than me paddy lo) in nigeria

Not quite true babygirl,Nigerians are hustling in other countries cause there are just too many of us and some of us believe we will make it quicker outside,90% of us outside still build mansions at home either in the city or village or both,so i doubt that we give up on nigeria,but its cool,by the way what are u south africans doing on a nigerian forum anyway?
aint u scared u will be scammed(psych*), lol
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by mzansigirl(f): 9:41am On Nov 18, 2009
paddy lo

why am i on nairaland?? i do like hearing what non SA people think about issues, but i frequently get taken aback about how hostile some nairalanders are, and how some want to force their opiinions down others throats. nairaland is addictive by the way, so i do return even if i had sworn not to do so.

do u want non-nigerians to take a hike? shocked i think i have a right to be here, just as u have a right to be in philly smiley smiley smiley
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by paddylo1(m): 10:04pm On Nov 18, 2009
i think i have a right to be here, just as u have a right to be in philly

yea but while am in philly u dont see me hanging out in all white clubs where am not wanted and starting fights there if am talked to rudely,rather hang in african black or mixed clubs
my point is if u dont feel welcome in a place u dont have to go there too often,anyway welcome to nairaland i have no beef with south africans i just think more of u should travel out more and expand your horizons,especially within africa
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by moosieh: 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
.Bottom line is in South Africa blacks and white are looking after each other,we are in the same boat.We're all here to build a succesfull nation,a nation that will compete with the best in the world. shocked

wow, I see you've been drinking out of that idealistic "kum-ba-yah-we-are-the-world" koolaid, be VERY careful, those white pple may be friendly, but they are NOT your friends. Once SA became a pariah state after their disgusting apartheid was exposed and condemned by the rest of the world, whites wanna now brainwash any kneegrow willing to listen of this "Well, we're ALL South Africans, Blacks are my Brothers and Sisters" BS rhetoric. Puh-leeze! *eyeroll*
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 20, 2009
the rate at which white and other south Africans are exiting that country is cause for concern.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by blackspade(m): 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2009
Why? It's not like they give a shit about you. Did you not hear about the recent genocidal attack on immigrants down there?
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by RSA(m): 11:02am On Nov 26, 2009
blackspade:

Why? It's not like they give a shit about you. Did you not hear about the recent genocidal attack on immigrants down there?

Genocide when was that?or you mean the killings of the mallams or whatever you call those terorists brothers of yours?.Look in a country like ours,tensions is bound to be high.We have here one of the few country in Africa where people are flooding into the country for better lifes,they meet other local people who are having difficulties of their own,and they all want to survive,they're all gunning for the same jobs.It's only human.

I don't remeber hearing stories of proffesionals having problems in SA,a black South African professional will never have issues with a fellow African. So Mr BlackSpade I'm sorry to bust your bubble but your wish will never be granted.Get a life,join Paddy lo and post picture of the beautiful Lagos,so something positive,it's good for you.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 26, 2009
@POSTER, OGA ADE, I STONGLY BELIEVE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, YOU ARE ONLY HERE TO DO SHOW OFF NEXT TIME IF YOU WANT TO POST, THINK VERY WELL AND EDIT WHAT YOU THINK CALL PEOPLE AROUD YOU TO RESPOND BACK TO YOUR VIEW BEFORE YOU NOW POST ON NAIRALAND, I SEE NO SENSE IN THIS POST, BLACKS I SEE EVERYWHERE ARE DOING GOOD RIGHT FROM THE DAYZ OF MANDELLA, OR DO YOU WANT TO TELL ME THAT MANDELLA IS ALSO AMONG PEOPLE LOOKING AT YOUR FOOD? YOU MUST BE A MUGU AND I HATE YOU WITH PASSION ,
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by 14(m): 4:50pm On Nov 26, 2009
Fifty facts about a remarkable nation
| Compiled by South Africa The Good News www.sagoodnews.co.za |
Please feel free to publish these facts.
Please credit South Africa: The Good News www.sagoodnews.co.za
For more on these and other remarkable stories about South Africa, visit
www.sagoodnews.co.za
Economy
1. The rand was the best performing currency against the US Dollar
between 2002 and 2005 (Bloomberg Currency Scoreboard)
2. South Africa has 55,000 high net-wealth individuals holding at least
US$1million in financial assets (World Wealth Report 2008)
3. South Africa has the 27th biggest economy in the world, with a Gross
Domestic Product of US$254 billion (World Bank)
4. South Africa accounts for almost 25% of the GDP of the entire African
continent, with an economy more than twice the size of the second biggest –
Algeria. (World Bank)
5. Gauteng is South Africa’s smallest province but produces 34% of South
Africa’s Gross Domestic Product (Stats SA)
6. The JSE Securities Exchange is the 14th largest equities exchange in the
world, with a total market capitalisation of some R2.3 trillion (JSE)
7. More than 12,000 'Black Diamond' families (South Africa’s new black middle
class) - or 50,000 people - are moving from the townships into the
suburbs of South Africa's metro areas every month (UCT Unilever Institute)
8. The black middle class grew by 30% in 2005, adding another 421,000
black adults to SA's middle-income layer and ramping up the black
population's share of SA's total middle class to almost a third. Between 2001
and 2004, there were 300,000 new black entrants to the middle class
(Financial Mail)
Infrastructure
1. South Africa generates two-thirds of Africa’s electricity (Eskom)
2. South African power supplier provides the fourth cheapest electricity in
the world
3. Chris Hani-Baragwanath Hospital in Soweto is the biggest hospital in the
world
4. Durban is the largest port in Africa and the ninth largest in the world.
5. There are 39 million cell phone users in South Africa (International
Telecommunication Union)
Tourism
1. The number of tourists visiting South Africa has grown by 200%
since 1994, from 3 million to over 9 million in 2007 (Dept of Environment
and Tourism)
2. The Singita game reserve was voted the best hotel in the world by the
readers of a leading travel magazine (Conde Nast Traveller)
3. The world's best land-based whale-watching spot is located in
Hermanus in the Western Cape.
4. In 2002, South Africa was the world’s fastest growing tourist
destination. In 2006, South Africa’s tourism grew at three times the global
average.
Sport
1. South Africa hosts the largest timed cycle race in the world (the Cape Argus
Cycle Tour), the world's oldest and largest ultra-marathon (the Comrades
Marathon) and the world's largest open water swimming event (the
Midmar Mile).
2. South Africa will become the first African country to host the Soccer World
Cup in 2010 … and only the second country in the world to have hosted
the Cricket, Rugby and Soccer World Cups.
3. Since the 1940s, South African golfers have won more golf majors than
any other nation, apart from the United States.
4. In 1994, we won 11 medals in the Commonwealth Games. In 2002, we
won 46.
SA Teaching the World
1. South Africa houses one of the three largest telescopes in the world at
Sutherland in the Karoo
2. South Africa is the first, and to date the only, country to build nuclear
weapons and the voluntarily dismantle its entire nuclear weapons
programme
3. South Africa Constitution is widely regarded as being one of the most
progressive in the world, drawing from the experiences of the world’s
most advanced democracies
4. The South African oil company Sasol has established the only commercially
viable oil-from-coal operations in the world.
5. Two of the world's most profoundly compassionate philosophies
originated in South Africa – Ubuntu (the belief in a universal bond of sharing
that connects all humanity) and Gandhi's notion of "passive resistance"
(Satyagraha), which he developed while living in South Africa.
Education
1. Almost a quarter of South Africa’s non-interest budget is spent on
education
2. The University of South Africa UNISA is a pioneer of tertiary distance
education and is the largest correspondence university in the world
with 250,000 students.
3. Our learner to teacher ratio has improved from 1:50 in 1994 to 1:34 in
4. South Africa’s matric pass rate has improved from 49% in 1994 to 70% in
2004, but student’s receiving university exemptions has remained at 18%
5. The first MBA programme outside of the United States was started by
the University of Pretoria in 1949.
Social
1. Over thirteen million South Africans (a quarter of the population) have
access to social grants (Department of Social Development)
2. Since 1994, 500 houses have been built each day for the poor and 1,000
houses per day have received electricity
3. Seventy percent of South Africa’s population is urbanised
© South Africa: The Good News
To the best of our knowledge, these facts are correct.
If you have evidence that any of the above are incorrect or inaccurate, please contact us
+27 (0)11 463 5713 | ian@sagoodnews.co.za | www.sagoodnews.co.za
Environmental
1. The Kruger National Park supports the greatest variety of wildlife
species on the African continent
2. The Cango Caves near Oudsthoorn is the world’s longest underground
cave sequence
3. South Africa is the only country to house an entire floral kingdom
(fynbos), one of only 6 on the planet
4. In 1991, South Africa became the first country in the world to protect the
Great White shark.
5. South Africa has the oldest meteor scar in the world, at the Vredefort
Dome near Parys. The scar is 2 billion years old.
6. South Africa has the 3rd highest level of biodiversity (SA Tourism)
7. The Cape Hyrax’s (dassie) closest relative is the African elephant
8. South Africa has embraced the concept of trans-frontier ‘peace parks’,
linking ecological reserves across national borders
General
1. South Africa is the cradle of mankind
2. Afrikaans is the youngest official language in the world
3. The Western Deep Levels is the world’s deepest mine at 3777 metres
4. South Africa has the world’s largest deposits of gold, chromium, platinum
and manganese
5. The only street in the world to house two Nobel Peace Prize winners is
in Soweto. Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu both have houses
in Vilakazi Street, Orlando West.
6. South Africa has the world's second oldest air force, established 1920.
7. South African Breweries (SABMiller) ranks as the second largest brewing
company in the world. It supplies up to 50% of China's beer.
8. South Africa has the second oldest film industry in the world
9. In 2007 South African businessman Cyril Ramaphosa was included in the
Time 100, an annual list, assembled by Time magazine, of the 100 most
influential people in the world
10. Cape Town has the fifth-best blue sky in the world, according to the UK's
National Physical Laboratory
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by 14(m): 5:05pm On Nov 26, 2009
www.sagoodnews.co.za
Economy
Algeria. (World Bank)
(Financial Mail)
Infrastructure
the world
world
Telecommunication Union)
Tourism
and Tourism)
average.
Sport
Midmar Mile).
won 46.
SA Teaching the World
Sutherland in the Karoo
programme
Education
education
with 250,000 students.
Social
© South Africa: The Good News
To the best of our knowledge, these facts are correct.
If you have evidence that any of the above are incorrect or inaccurate, please contact us
+27 (0)11 463 5713 | ian@sagoodnews.co.za | www.sagoodnews.co.za
Environmental
1. The Kruger National Park supports the greatest variety of wildlife
species on the African continent
2. The Cango Caves near Oudsthoorn is the world’s longest underground
cave sequence
3. South Africa is the only country to house an entire floral kingdom
(fynbos), one of only 6 on the planet
4. In 1991, South Africa became the first country in the world to protect the
Great White shark.
5. South Africa has the oldest meteor scar in the world, at the Vredefort
Dome near Parys. The scar is 2 billion years old.
6. South Africa has the 3rd highest level of biodiversity (SA Tourism)
7. The Cape Hyrax’s (dassie) closest relative is the African elephant
8. South Africa has embraced the concept of trans-frontier ‘peace parks’,
linking ecological reserves across national borders
General
1. South Africa is the cradle of mankind
2. Afrikaans is the youngest official language in the world
3. The Western Deep Levels is the world’s deepest mine at 3777 metres
4. South Africa has the world’s largest deposits of gold, chromium, platinum
and manganese
5. The only street in the world to house two Nobel Peace Prize winners is
in Soweto. Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu both have houses
in Vilakazi Street, Orlando West.
6. South Africa has the world's second oldest air force, established 1920.
7. South African Breweries (SABMiller) ranks as the second largest brewing
company in the world. It supplies up to 50% of China's beer.
8. South Africa has the second oldest film industry in the world
9. In 2007 South African businessman Cyril Ramaphosa was included in the
Time 100, an annual list, assembled by Time magazine, of the 100 most
influential people in the world
10. Cape Town has the fifth-best blue sky in the world, according to the UK's
National Physical Laboratory
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by malaika(f): 9:35am On Nov 27, 2009
::
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by 14(m): 1:55pm On Nov 27, 2009
www.sagoodnews.co.za
Economy
Algeria. (World Bank)
(Financial Mail)
Infrastructure
the world
world
Telecommunication Union)
Tourism
and Tourism)
average.
Sport
Midmar Mile).
won 46.
SA Teaching the World
Sutherland in the Karoo
programme
Education
education
with 250,000 students.
Social
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by 14(m): 2:00pm On Nov 27, 2009
malaika:

Did someone say genocide? shocked for where? not more than 10,000 people were involved in the xenophobic attacks. The number of people killed did not even reach 1000. Genocide??
While all this was going on the rest of us - hundreds of thousands if not millions of South Africans - were out there giving blankets, making soup, praying in our churches and homes, visiting the homeless, giving clothes, baby food and clothes, you name it. I even apologised on NL for everything that was going down and got abused. I stopped losing sleep over the xenophobic attacks because during that period I saw the true South African spirit of UBUNTU and nobody can ever tell me otherwise. Proudly South African till I die. Genocide, i laff die grin grin

True that, only 45 people killed. It was poor on poor. there was no a single nigerian killed. Most people who were killed are from Mozambique and Zimbabwe. These are the people who live with poor South Africans. Most nigerians live in the Cities, and there were no a single reported incident in the city centres.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by RSA(m): 3:13pm On Nov 27, 2009
1,2:

True that, only 45 people killed. It was poor on poor. there was no a single nigerian killed. Most people who were killed are from Mozambique and Zimbabwe. These are the people who live with poor South Africans. Most nigerians live in the Cities, and there were no a single reported incident in the city centres.

Just to correct you the majority of people who died where South Africans,majority of people misplaced after this fights where mozambiquen and Zimbabweans.
I think most people just remember that guy who was burning but it was a fight where South Africans where killed as well.We have been living with other African immigrants for as long as I know peaceful,I don't think South Africans hates their other African brothers,I will say that those attacks where a misundustanding whithin a community that was getting along for a very long time.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by 14(m): 5:19pm On Nov 27, 2009
RSA:

Just to correct you the majority of people who died where South Africans,majority of people misplaced after this fights where mozambiquen and Zimbabweans.
I think most people just remember that guy who was burning but it was a fight where South Africans where killed as well.We have been living with other African immigrants for as long as I know peaceful,I don't think South Africans hates their other African brothers,I will say that those attacks where a misundustanding whithin a community that was getting along for a very long time.

Just check the miners in SA, 50% of people who work in the mines are not South Africans. Most of them come from Southern African countries. South Africa has been recruiting miners from other African countries since the sixties. Some of them have made South Africa their home, have married locals without any problem. If you go to Rustenburg, there are a lot of Malawian population that works in the Platinum mines.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by hadexman(m): 10:35pm On Dec 03, 2009
Is poster still crying for black south africans? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by RSA(m): 9:40am On Dec 04, 2009
We gave him some tissue to dry his eyes grin grin
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by hadexman(m): 10:55am On Dec 04, 2009
RSA:

We gave him some tissue to dry his eyes grin grin

Hahaha Funny
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by RSA(m): 12:17pm On Dec 04, 2009
Hadexman where are you watching the draw?,I happened to be in Jozi this week and I've decided to go to Soweto,Maponya Mall,News Cafe with some of my friends to make the best out of the draw ;Dif you know what I mean.You know us Africa every occation calls for a big celebration grin
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by hadexman(m): 2:23pm On Dec 04, 2009
hadexman:

hahahahaha, what's good broda. me i like to meet my people. Please contact me to that email also. May God bless us all.

Hahaha, nice one. I will watch it on Super Sport, don't have the enough $$$ to travel cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by 14(m): 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2009
Thats Soweto for you

Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by 14(m): 10:38pm On Dec 13, 2009
Maponya Mall ko Soweto

Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by 14(m): 10:41pm On Dec 13, 2009
Maponya Mall

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dana Air Begins Owerri-Abuja Flights May 1 / Need Assistance With Egyptian Tourist Visa / Street Maps Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.