Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag (44554 Views)

Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees / Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics / "Boss' Wife Told Me To Send Their Maid Out. Boss To Sack Me If I Can't" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by muller101(m): 7:12am On Nov 03, 2016
Bend or collect that bag next time. Then u will create another topic on how rude ur boss is.

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by CeeJay9ja(m): 7:12am On Nov 03, 2016
Were you employed as a slave?

Stop the slavery mentality and work corporately

6 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by biggz82: 7:13am On Nov 03, 2016
No other reason, he has make it clear like a mirror "it's not official"

2 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Mexyz(m): 7:13am On Nov 03, 2016
Lol.... Unlike most of our Nigerian brothers that would want you to turn to slave for them. Oga that's a good place to be, not where you're employed as an accountant yet you do the work of a messenger and a cleaner together with your official duty.. No go bend down next time if you no want make the man send you go house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by nabiz(m): 7:13am On Nov 03, 2016
That man is my man. I hate eye service greeting. I remember the first day I had in contact with chief Igbinidion of edo state over land issue. He told me to come to his mansion in maitama. Getting to the house 'o' boy you need to see crowd of people waiting to see this man. After we waited like 4 hours this came out. Chei! Come and see bowing of head. In fact people were worshiping him, but that did not move me.
I a young Igbo man who don't believe in eyes service, I stay calm posing beside the man beautiful car. When his body guards saw me, o boy see shouting. But u no what? the man told the to leave me. Infact that I should come closer and I was attended first. He called me the original Igbo man and that was how I became the man's friend. He told me to wait and after everything he personally took me around his compound and show me the bad pop job people did for him and told me to help get a good person for him which I did and made my cool cash. I hate eyes service
It is only illiterate that will take that your greeting to me respect. When I visited the Oba of Epe at Ikorodu lagos for a Job, I was though on how to greet the oba by a friend, but when I get their, I learnt that one can not give what he doest have. I just greet the man with a warm smile from the heart, and the man been educated oba appreciate me. Salutation is not love

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by focus7: 7:13am On Nov 03, 2016
The only way to tell whether what you did is wrong or not is for you to repeat it again.

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by sarz(m): 7:13am On Nov 03, 2016
Eddodoh:
I will like to know the reason for their action
They are here to do their job nd collect their money nd leave....not to come and be choping greatin evryday cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by africanjink(m): 7:13am On Nov 03, 2016
Try Change it to salutation lik soldier man nd see wt next
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by legendarystar: 7:14am On Nov 03, 2016
oga, do your thing, comply as instructed...
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by sweetetlove(f): 7:14am On Nov 03, 2016
the man said you shouldn't bend again to collect his bag if I were you I won't do it again instead of writing long epistle on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by mizthorlu(f): 7:17am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:
Just resumed my new office last week o.

My first time of working with White man sa (Lebanese) , The man is free and humble in fact everybody loves him, among other Lebanese my Boss is jovial, free and hardworking man.

He has worked in 5 African countries so he understands Africa and her culture very well.

The real story....

I resumed very early this morning and I decided to wait in front of office before I start today's activities when I saw my boss coming down from his Truck carrying his bag , as a young Yoruba man that comes from good background ..lol So I ran to him and say Good morning sir (bend my head) and I stretch my hand to collect his bag.

The man who has never disrespect me like that before shouted on me!!

Who owns the bag? he asked

repeat!!!! who owns the bag moscobabs?

Me: You sir!!!! I replied..

if it's me "why should u collect it from me?

Me: I just wanted to help u sir.

Y? ..... I couldn't respond .

I say why? ...meet me in office now!!!! he commanded .

We entered his office and he sat me down

moscobabs, You were employed as so so so in this company not to carry bag, the bag belongs to me and I must carry it, also you always bend whenever you greet me...please its not necessary, in fact its not official, I just opportune to be your boss, you are married as I , You are graduate although you are younger than me but you have to attach respect to yourself.

I was like " ki la gbe, ki la ju" but I replied him by saying ....

Sir, I am african we have cultures and Traditions and parts of these is what I did, We respect our elders and seniors that's why we bend or prostrate while greeting and we do help them carry their loads even if we carry ours too.

And he responded with smiles...No problem But when next you greet me in such an embarrassing way or try to collect my bag I won't think twice before I sack you!!!

I beg o Is anything wrong in what I did?

Is there any other reason for his reaction?

The man just dey look me somehow since morning

if na to carry bag for woman now, you go dey form...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Nbote(m): 7:18am On Nov 03, 2016
U clearly overdid the bootlicking. U wanted him to see u as a gud pesin. Anyway how com ur white boss who likes official etiquette calls u moscobabs according to ur story abi na u cook the thing for ur kitchen?

3 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by busar(m): 7:19am On Nov 03, 2016
Some cultures prohibit bending to someone other than God. Islam too also prohibit bending to anyone other than the Almighty. Since the man is a Lebanese,most likely to be a muslim and perhaps he understands Islam. He wouldn't tolerate such silly act from you. But in yoruba land you dare not bend when greeting an elder. Who bending epp tongue

2 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by balash(m): 7:19am On Nov 03, 2016
H
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Sanchez01: 7:19am On Nov 03, 2016
HabaSeun:

Yes! You did everything wrong! Get rid of your slave mentality!!

Leave your yoruba culture out of this. angry
From moniker, it's safe to say you're neither from the South West nor were you raised there. The Yorùbás are highly respectful people, regardless of how education rubbed off on you. As a matter of fact, the more educated you are, the more respectful you become.

Truth is most of these Asians don't understand how deeply rooted some of us are cultural wise.

Moscobabs, so you settled for Lagos last last? undecided When I was thinking you'd be coming over to this side grin

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 03, 2016
Funny how we talk of culture and traditions yet we cant employ such when we relate with each other. put a bunch of Nigerians together and all you get is insult, fights, back stabbing, tribalism and tearing each other down.

8 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by moscobabs(m): 7:20am On Nov 03, 2016
mizthorlu:

if na to carry bag for woman now, you go dey form...
lol.. so u expect me to carry woman's bag?
I'm not romantic o
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 7:20am On Nov 03, 2016
TruthHurts1:
When will our people stop being so ignorant?! He's not a WHITE MAN. He's an ARAB for fvcks sake!
you are the ignorant one here, is arab a race? There are white arabs and black arabs. So arab is not a race.

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by condomuser: 7:20am On Nov 03, 2016
That's a nice Lebanese man there. Most of them are known peadophiles using lotto machines business to tear our naija gals Toto grin

3 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by charityfelix(m): 7:21am On Nov 03, 2016
Lol our culture is different from white man culture and whenever you are oppotuned to associate with people from other country, you need to be civilized even the Bible say when you go to Roman behave like Romans besides your Boss gives you reasons why you shouldn't be doing that So respect his wish. Even in banking industry you don't address someone as mummy, aunt, or brother weather your superior or not you call them by their names. This is a civilized world not a slavery African cultures. Stop it now to avoid sack letter

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by sylve11: 7:22am On Nov 03, 2016
Millz404:
See this mumu op.... The highest i can greet anybody is good day, maybe add "sir" or "ma" if i am in a good mood pass d go my tin

U for kuku worship am na...

you don't have to insult na to prove a point na.

@ Op, i just learned one or two things from this thread. cool

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:
Just resumed my new office last week o.

My first time of working with White man sa (Lebanese) , The man is free and humble in fact everybody loves him, among other Lebanese my Boss is jovial, free and hardworking man.

He has worked in 5 African countries so he understands Africa and her culture very well.

The real story....

I resumed very early this morning and I decided to wait in front of office before I start today's activities when I saw my boss coming down from his Truck carrying his bag , as a young Yoruba man that comes from good background ..lol So I ran to him and say Good morning sir (bend my head) and I stretch my hand to collect his bag.

The man who has never disrespect me like that before shouted on me!!

Who owns the bag? he asked

repeat!!!! who owns the bag moscobabs?

Me: You sir!!!! I replied..

if it's me "why should u collect it from me?

Me: I just wanted to help u sir.

Y? ..... I couldn't respond .

I say why? ...meet me in office now!!!! he commanded .

We entered his office and he sat me down

moscobabs, You were employed as so so so in this company not to carry bag, the bag belongs to me and I must carry it, also you always bend whenever you greet me...please its not necessary, in fact its not official, I just opportune to be your boss, you are married as I , You are graduate although you are younger than me but you have to attach respect to yourself.

I was like " ki la gbe, ki la ju" but I replied him by saying ....

Sir, I am african we have cultures and Traditions and parts of these is what I did, We respect our elders and seniors that's why we bend or prostrate while greeting and we do help them carry their loads even if we carry ours too.

And he responded with smiles...No problem But when next you greet me in such an embarrassing way or try to collect my bag I won't think twice before I sack you!!!

I beg o Is anything wrong in what I did?

Is there any other reason for his reaction?

The man just dey look me somehow since morning
You are a mor0n and deserve to get fired . I have fired staff like you becUse if you have worked in a multinational you will know that rubbish you did is unacceptable.
Keep your bull crP culture at home and focus on your job.

The main people who engage in such that are prone to be involved in office politics, gossiping, slander and favoritism .

Hence it's frowned upon. Let your work ethic speK for you not your respect of elders ..
I would have fired you instantly... Rubbish

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Donshemzy1234: 7:23am On Nov 03, 2016
let's wait till your boss see these thread, you will eventually be sacked
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by sylve11: 7:25am On Nov 03, 2016
condomuser:
That's a nice Lebanese man there. Most of them are known peadophiles using lotto machines business to tear our naija gals Toto grin

grin grin grin grin grin shocked cool
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by klassykute(m): 7:25am On Nov 03, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
.he said u should stop, he doesn't like it... Yo don't need to know d reason behind his action...the last time I checked it none of ur business

lol hw wan remix bend down pause ....

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by OmaHomes(f): 7:26am On Nov 03, 2016
Have you been to the US to know how they do their things or you just imagining things!? undecided
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by SexualHealer: 7:26am On Nov 03, 2016
He told you the truth because of his humility. My Executive Director, a yoruba man has never given his bag to anyone to carry even if its his driver, and whenever you bends to greet him, he equally do likewise. An ED of an oil and gas firm, he's a multi billionaire but he's extremely humble and he keeps to his words. So face your primary assignments at your work place and let familiarity be on it own. Some people see that as 'eye service' and where as My General Manager will look at you as being proud if you don't bend to greet him. He's exact opposite of my ED. In conclusion, try to know everybody's Dos and Don'ts to an extent. One man's food is another man's poison.

5 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by opey112(m): 7:26am On Nov 03, 2016
We like eye service.
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by AlphaCentauri: 7:27am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:

lol.. so u expect me to carry woman's bag?

I'm not romantic o
but you will carry another mans bag ? which one is worse ? its better to carry a womans bag than to carry another mans bag. in fact you need to be slapped for being a sycophant and butt kisser and subservient africoon sad

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by moscobabs(m): 7:28am On Nov 03, 2016
Sanchez01:

From moniker, it's safe to say you're neither from the South West nor were you raised there. The Yorùbás are highly respectful people, regardless of how education rubbed off on you. As a matter of fact, the more educated you are, the more respectful you become.

Truth is most of these Asians don't understand how deeply rooted some of us are cultural wise.

Moscobabs, so you settled for Lagos last last? undecided When I was thinking you'd be coming over to this side grin

yes oga mi... I settle for it cos the other man hasn't ready ni o. He hasn't gotten the apartment since then .

so I have to stick to this now to avoid story that touches at end of the day.

But I may still leave the so called Multinational company anytime o cos my future is my priority sir.

Thanks for everything bro.

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Kakamorufu(m): 7:28am On Nov 03, 2016
even my igbo boss at MOUAU I served under never allowed me to carry his bags

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kehinde, Yetunde Longe: Husband, Wife Decorated As Commissioners Of Police / Union Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Union Bank Pay? / Disabled Man In Kaduna Working As A Labourer At A Site (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.