Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,517 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag (44555 Views)

Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees / Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics / "Boss' Wife Told Me To Send Their Maid Out. Boss To Sack Me If I Can't" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by opedaydydx9(m): 7:28am On Nov 03, 2016
ojmaroni247:
Bending is ur culture,carrying bag from seniors is ur home training, a typical Nigerian Boss would welcome such gesture, cuz dey love slave mentality. .... There are work ethics. The place u work ain't ur village or home. Everyone is suppose to carry thier bag except they call ur attention for assistance, doesn't matter if the person is higher or lower Dan u. The man already tink ur doing all Dat cuz he is ur Boss, and that's like eye service, jst for favors. An average Nigerian behaves Dat way tho, after escaping the struggle a. K . a OWU(Hunger) grin. Guy use ur head.
i used to tell my boy not to collect but he wont listen ,nd even embarrass me with hi stretched forth hand.
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by aalangel(f): 7:29am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:
Just resumed my new office last week o.

My first time of working with White man sa (Lebanese) , The man is free and humble in fact everybody loves him, among other Lebanese my Boss is jovial, free and hardworking man.

He has worked in 5 African countries so he understands Africa and her culture very well.

The real story....

I resumed very early this morning and I decided to wait in front of office before I start today's activities when I saw my boss coming down from his Truck carrying his bag , as a young Yoruba man that comes from good background ..lol So I ran to him and say Good morning sir (bend my head) and I stretch my hand to collect his bag.

The man who has never disrespect me like that before shouted on me!!

Who owns the bag? he asked

repeat!!!! who owns the bag moscobabs?

Me: You sir!!!! I replied..

if it's me "why should u collect it from me?

Me: I just wanted to help u sir.

Y? ..... I couldn't respond .

I say why? ...meet me in office now!!!! he commanded .

We entered his office and he sat me down

moscobabs, You were employed as so so so in this company not to carry bag, the bag belongs to me and I must carry it, also you always bend whenever you greet me...please its not necessary, in fact its not official, I just opportune to be your boss, you are married as I , You are graduate although you are younger than me but you have to attach respect to yourself.

I was like " ki la gbe, ki la ju" but I replied him by saying ....

Sir, I am african we have cultures and Traditions and parts of these is what I did, We respect our elders and seniors that's why we bend or prostrate while greeting and we do help them carry their loads even if we carry ours too.

And he responded with smiles...No problem But when next you greet me in such an embarrassing way or try to collect my bag I won't think twice before I sack you!!!

I beg o Is anything wrong in what I did?

Is there any other reason for his reaction?

The man just dey look me somehow since morning

I didn't need to open the thread to know you're my in-law. Leave those gimmicks at home and get to work. I've worked with multinationals before. They almost want you to smoke with them. They like you natural and I don't even need to say Good morning...Hi is just okay. My Italian Manager then is the best manager I've ever seen. Funny enough, they don't lose their respect by being free with you.

5 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Mordyb: 7:29am On Nov 03, 2016
This is the live manifestion of INFERIORITY COMPLEX why dont you go and carry every elderly persons bag you see like the Aspiring Olodo you are. Its too early for me to be annoyed

2 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by badaoyeyemi(f): 7:30am On Nov 03, 2016
We should feature teckno in it ooo...it will be bend down sack
klassykute:

lol hw wan remix bend down pause ....
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by tizzle(m): 7:30am On Nov 03, 2016
next time u see your boss... prostrate you hear as a well groomed Yoruba man... your salary will be doubled
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Jennifer89(f): 7:30am On Nov 03, 2016
op you funny o!

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by fairheven: 7:31am On Nov 03, 2016
that is life, one man's meat another's poison.
we Africans and our constraint mentality, can't forget my yoruba pastor telling me that "I am arrogant for not prostrating" to greet her, she didn't care to know that I am not from her tribe, my tribe is egalitarian, "we respect but do not bow" and doesn't by any means make me arrogant

2 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Sanchez01: 7:31am On Nov 03, 2016
lestat:

You are mor0n and deserve to get fired . I have fired staff like you becUse if you have worked in a multinational you will know that rubbish you did is unacceptable.
Keep your bull crP culture at home and focus on your job.

It man people who engage in such that are prone to be involved in office politics, gossiping, slander and favoritism .

Hence it's frowned upon. Let your work ethic speK for you not your respect of elders ..
I would have fired you instantly... Rubbish
You're actually the wrong one here. My coy is multinational and I have a handful of Yorùbás in highly placed positions within the sphere. We have all bonded perfectly, probably because I grew up in the SW, and guess what? We all use the 'E' on ourselves. Ignore how it is written, but it's a Yoruba word that indicates and marks the person you're referring to as older or probably mean you respect them.

And them I have some Igbo colleagues who are quite older. What we do is simple; 'knack' it on ourselves like there's no tomorrow.

I see no reason why you're angry over this. What is at play here is cultural differences. You might come from a region wherein youths take pride in looking at elders in the eyes or probably greet them using sliding tackles. Cultural differences count. And trust me, I know what you put there is nothing but lies. A company would never allow you fire her staff just because they greeted you in a way you consider inferior. You cannot take this away from the Yorùbás.

3 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by jahsson(m): 7:31am On Nov 03, 2016
Its seems to him like eye service... It also tells a lot about you as an individual.... 1. When you bow your head you don't make eye contact with the person you are greeting, = lack of confidence... 2. When you interact with potential clients you'll do the same... Which means you can easily be intimidated...

Kindly leave your culture and tradition were they belong...

A Caucasian captain once told me... "Relate with your boss on a first name basis... That way he knows you mean business... Sir, sir won't get you promoted, neither would it give you a upper hand over the one who calls him by his first name"...

To cut d long story short.... He's your boss.. " who argue with OBA naim dey kneel down tey"

3 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by moscobabs(m): 7:31am On Nov 03, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
but you will carry another mans bag ? which one is worse ? its better to carry a womans bag than to carry another mans bag. in fact you need to be slapped for being a sycophant and butt kisser and subservient africoon sad
You are not far from true my brother

But u know u have to protect your job with anything you have as tools . my life as an Employee is not my life as married man.
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 03, 2016
Eddodoh:
I will like to know the reason for their action
I'd like to know why you collect their bags. Na ya own? Person carry bag from house without help, reach work place and you want to collect the bag as if the thing too heavy for am..Nigerian workers and subservience. Mtchew

4 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Grundig: 7:33am On Nov 03, 2016
I've asked the guys at my place of work to stop referring to me as 'oga'.

Or when I call anyone, they respond with 'sir'.

Nigerians need to understand that these things are not necessary. Many a time, people do these things out of fear. And to curry favour. Furthermore it is embarrassing. Sometimes, I cringe.

3 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by moscobabs(m): 7:35am On Nov 03, 2016
aalangel:

I didn't need to open the thread to know you're my in-law. Leave those gimmicks at home and get to work. I've worked with multinationals before. They almost want you to smoke with them. They like you natural and I don't even need to say Good morning...Hi is just okay. My Italian Manager then is the best manager I've ever seen. Funny enough, they don't lose their respect by being free with you.

lol.. me your Inlaw?

for where?
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by tosinatoyebi(m): 7:35am On Nov 03, 2016
bend down and out, this one no go be bend down pause again grin

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Urukpe: 7:36am On Nov 03, 2016
leave culture out of it. It's not right to carry ur boss bag, u are not employ to carry bag. It's just pure high service.
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 03, 2016
Grundig:

I've asked the guys at my place of work to stop referring to me as 'oga'.

Or when I call anyone, they respond with 'sir'.

Nigerians need to understand that these things are not necessary. Many a time, people do these things out of fear. And to curry favour. Furthermore it is embarrassing. Sometimes, I cringe.

You can't win that. They'd flatly tell you "no sir". You can't get them call you by your first name. Some would even come to your office to say 'Oga I just want to come and greet you, sir'

2 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 03, 2016
Employees need to respect themselves and be more professional in their official duties.
A smart good morning would have been enough. It's not about culture. Do like cockroach for them, they will treat you like cockroach
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Diplomaticbeing(m): 7:39am On Nov 03, 2016
Servitude isn't loyalty. Culture or no culture, people who usually exhibits the kind of attitude you exhibited are always hypocritical. . . . Me self I do fear them.

Let your ingenuity through your expertise earned you respect, special affection and familiarity you sought from him. You weren't employed as his PA, so I see no cogent reason for your action if not for a hidden intention to establish unnecessary familiarity with him and expectations of favouritism.

Had he be a novice to ethical philosophy and allowed you, you would have taking it as a routine and continue with the same despicable act and that would have allowed emotional relationship - every sound businessman knows how not to allow anyone to subject him to emotional entanglement.

6 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 03, 2016
Sanchez01:

You're actually the wrong one here. My coy is multinational and I have a handful of Yorùbás in highly placed positions within the sphere. We have all bonded perfectly, probably because I grew up in the SW, and guess what? We all use the 'E' on ourselves. Ignore how it is written, but it's a Yoruba word that indicates and marks the person you're referring to as older or probably mean you respect them.

And them I have some Igbo colleagues who are quite older. What we do is simple; 'knack' it on ourselves like there's no tomorrow.

I see no reason why you're angry over this. What is at play here is cultural differences. You might come from a region wherein youths take pride in looking at elders in the eyes or probably greet them using sliding tackles. Cultural differences count. And trust me, I know what you put there is nothing but lies. A company would never allow you fire her staff just because they greeted you in a way you consider inferior. You cannot take this away from the Yorùbás.

there you go, point proven... you typed alot but said nothing . instead you tried to make this about a tribe ? i rest my case

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:

My first time of working with White man sa (Lebanese) , The man is free and humble in fact everybody loves him, among other Lebanese my Boss is jovial, free and hardworking man.

He has worked in 5 African countries so he understands Africa and her culture very well.

The real story....

I resumed very early this morning and I decided to wait in front of office before I start today's activities when I saw my boss coming down from his Truck carrying his bag , as a young Yoruba man that comes from good background ..lol So I ran to him and say Good morning sir (bend my head) and I stretch my hand to collect his bag.

moscobabs, You were employed as so so so in this company not to carry bag, the bag belongs to me and I must carry it, also you always bend whenever you greet me...please its not necessary, in fact its not official, I just opportune to be your boss, you are married as I , You are graduate although you are younger than me but you have to attach respect to yourself.

Sir, I am african we have cultures and Traditions and parts of these is what I did, We respect our elders and seniors that's why we bend or prostrate while greeting and we do help them carry their loads even if we carry ours too.

And he responded with smiles...No problem But when next you greet me in such an embarrassing way or try to collect my bag I won't think twice before I sack you!!!

My guy don't try it again, I av also worked with an Indian company dey don't like anyone to carry their bags infact they will Neva give it to u wen u request to help dem, dey don't also like the way great dem
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Mordyb: 7:41am On Nov 03, 2016
mizthorlu:

if na to carry bag for woman now, you go dey form...
abi!!! You will start hearing Nonsense like "AS AN AFRICAN MAN IT IS A TABOO TO CARRY WOMAN BAG"

2 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Grundig: 7:42am On Nov 03, 2016
kITATITA:

You can't win that. They'd flatly tell you "no sir". You can't get them call you by your first name. Some would even come to your office to say 'Oga I just want to come and greet you, sir'
Chief, I cringe!
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by biggie73(m): 7:42am On Nov 03, 2016
Do as he said.
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by moscobabs(m): 7:43am On Nov 03, 2016
lestat:

You are mor0n and deserve to get fired . I have fired staff like you becUse if you have worked in a multinational you will know that rubbish you did is unacceptable.
Keep your bull crP culture at home and focus on your job.

It man people who engage in such that are prone to be involved in office politics, gossiping, slander and favoritism .

Hence it's frowned upon. Let your work ethic speK for you not your respect of elders ..
I would have fired you instantly... Rubbish

guy wetin hapun, why u dey vex for mata like this?

must u insult bfre u can advice ?

don't vex me o
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by nabiz(m): 7:43am On Nov 03, 2016
quote author=busar post=50723940]Some cultures prohibit bending to someone other than God. Islam too also prohibit bending to anyone other than the Almighty. Since the man is a Lebanese,most likely to be a muslim and perhaps he understands Islam. He wouldn't tolerate such silly act from you. But in yoruba land you dare not bend when greeting an elder. Who bending epp tongue[/quote] what about all the yoruba muslim?

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Niyinficient(m): 7:44am On Nov 03, 2016
'Try and adapt......i am trying to adapt to calling every body by their first name here in my office even my bosses....they have corrected severally not to use 'sirs' and 'mas' but the Yorubaness in me will not allow grin.....jst keep trying, u ar not alone.
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:

guy wetin hapun, why u dey vex for mata like this?

must u insult bfre u can advice ?

don't vex me o

undecided
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by fourthworld: 7:45am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:

The real story....

Your hypocritical servitude nature is so embarrassing and has psychologically made you so weak and reluctant to even fight for your right, hence the reason of being subjected perpetually as slaves to the Fulani. Such culture doesn't work in 21st century, the earlier you replaced it with bolder culture the better for you.
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by luminouz(m): 7:45am On Nov 03, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Slave mentality

In the USA, your boss will be the first person to tell you good morning when you come to the office

You're very lucky i wasn't your boss, i would have beat the living daylights out of your brain and still fire you for being a fool
Smh! How can tell such big LIES this early morning? I fear u oh!
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by enyi1: 7:47am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:

The real story....

Yoruba have Slave mentality naturally. So I'm not surprised. However, i was surprised you didn't tell him to turn around, so you can bend down and kiss his ass!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Aremu01(m): 7:48am On Nov 03, 2016
Na serious issue o Respect that others will die for!
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by nabiz(m): 7:50am On Nov 03, 2016
busar:
Some cultures prohibit bending to someone other than God. Islam too also prohibit bending to anyone other than the Almighty. Since the man is a Lebanese,most likely to be a muslim and perhaps he understands Islam. He wouldn't tolerate such silly act from you. But in yoruba land you dare not bend when greeting an elder. Who bending epp tongue
what about yoruba muslim

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kehinde, Yetunde Longe: Husband, Wife Decorated As Commissioners Of Police / Union Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Union Bank Pay? / Disabled Man In Kaduna Working As A Labourer At A Site (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.