Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag (44550 Views)

Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees / Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics / "Boss' Wife Told Me To Send Their Maid Out. Boss To Sack Me If I Can't" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by humblemikel(f): 10:12am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:

I love this ..thanks bro.

just that the man is difference o...other bosses do leave their bags with the junior.

why this is so funny to me is that this man is the head of my dept for West Africa .

He was happy this morning when he sake him and added it with Knuckle ..lol I think he loves it that way. he even offer me cigarette but I rejected it sa.

I'm No Bro, im your Sis from another Mother, smiles
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by moscobabs(m): 10:15am On Nov 03, 2016
humblemikel:

I'm No Bro, im your Sis from another Mother, smiles
sory thanks for the correction
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 03, 2016
you can never get to my level ant grin grin grin OUT

moscobabs:

Just checked your posts and profile now.

don't drag me to your level pls
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by lambros(f): 10:18am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:
Just resumed my new office last week o.

My first time of working with White man sa (Lebanese) , The man is free and humble in fact everybody loves him, among other Lebanese my Boss is jovial, free and hardworking man.

He has worked in 5 African countries so he understands Africa and her culture very well.

The real story....

I resumed very early this morning and I decided to wait in front of office before I start today's activities when I saw my boss coming down from his Truck carrying his bag , as a young Yoruba man that comes from good background ..lol So I ran to him and say Good morning sir (bend my head) and I stretch my hand to collect his bag.

The man who has never disrespect me like that before shouted on me!!

Who owns the bag? he asked

repeat!!!! who owns the bag moscobabs?

Me: You sir!!!! I replied..

if it's me "why should u collect it from me?

Me: I just wanted to help u sir.

Y? ..... I couldn't respond .

I say why? ...meet me in office now!!!! he commanded .

We entered his office and he sat me down

moscobabs, You were employed as so so so in this company not to carry bag, the bag belongs to me and I must carry it, also you always bend whenever you greet me...please its not necessary, in fact its not official, I just opportune to be your boss, you are married as I , You are graduate although you are younger than me but you have to attach respect to yourself.

I was like " ki la gbe, ki la ju" but I replied him by saying ....

Sir, I am african we have cultures and Traditions and parts of these is what I did, We respect our elders and seniors that's why we bend or prostrate while greeting and we do help them carry their loads even if we carry ours too.

And he responded with smiles...No problem But when next you greet me in such an embarrassing way or try to collect my bag I won't think twice before I sack you!!!

I beg o Is anything wrong in what I did?

Is there any other reason for his reaction?

The man just dey look me somehow since morning
First of all,Am proud of you! For your own sake,don't ask to collect his bag again Oo. Keep being respectful with wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Angelahoney: 10:18am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:

My first time of working with White man sa (Lebanese) , The man is free and humble in fact everybody loves him, among other Lebanese my Boss is jovial, free and hardworking man.

He has worked in 5 African countries so he understands Africa and her culture very well.

The real story....

I resumed very early this morning and I decided to wait in front of office before I start today's activities when I saw my boss coming down from his Truck carrying his bag , as a young Yoruba man that comes from good background ..lol So I ran to him and say Good morning sir (bend my head) and I stretch my hand to collect his bag.

moscobabs, You were employed as so so so in this company not to carry bag, the bag belongs to me and I must carry it, also you always bend whenever you greet me...please its not necessary, in fact its not official, I just opportune to be your boss, you are married as I , You are graduate although you are younger than me but you have to attach respect to yourself.

Sir, I am african we have cultures and Traditions and parts of these is what I did, We respect our elders and seniors that's why we bend or prostrate while greeting and we do help them carry their loads even if we carry ours too.

And he responded with smiles...No problem But when next you greet me in such an embarrassing way or try to collect my bag I won't think twice before I sack you!!!

Lolz. Cultural differences. Just accept his views. In a normal corporate environment, it shouldn't be so. But if you are working with a fellow Nigerian like yourself, he would appreciate it. Oyibo people get different mindset oh.

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by PaulIdu: 10:20am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:

The real story....

Typical Nigerian worker who wants to use eye service to climb up

2 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by zoe123: 10:27am On Nov 03, 2016
Nbote:
U clearly overdid the bootlicking. U wanted him to see u as a gud pesin. Anyway how com ur white boss who likes official etiquette calls u moscobabs according to ur story abi na u cook the thing for ur kitchen?

exactly what I was about to ask. the story get k-keg jor
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by cejaypriesty(m): 10:30am On Nov 03, 2016
armadeo:
For shizzy ma nizzy

Dude arrange yourself. You are working for a logical human now. Thank God it's not the Indians I heard they are slave drivers.

Dude he told you straight your job is your job not to carry load up and down.

Meanwhile for the bend down greeting thing. I am not a Yoruba but work in the environment and now it's almost a part of me. You must dobale to greet Ogas

But don't do that for a white man. He doesn't get it.

Lol.
He is not a white man, he is a Lebanese.. They are not considered as whites.
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Angelahoney: 10:34am On Nov 03, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Slave mentality

In the USA, your boss will be the first person to tell you good morning when you come to the office

You're very lucky i wasn't your boss, i would have beat the living daylights out of your brain and still fire you for being a fool

You're going to another extreme. Haba !! The guy got the message, why the overkill.
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by moscobabs(m): 10:34am On Nov 03, 2016
zoe123:

exactly what I was about to ask. the story get k-keg jor
so you want to know my name ba?
find out
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by moscobabs(m): 10:37am On Nov 03, 2016
Teeworld13:
you can never get to my level ant grin grin grin OUT

AMEN

I reject your level !!

thank u for the prayer
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Eddodoh(m): 10:44am On Nov 03, 2016
kITATITA:
I'd like to know why you collect their bags. Na ya own? Person carry bag from house without help, reach work place and you want to collect the bag as if the thing too heavy for am..Nigerian workers and subservience. Mtchew
Abeg, go read d post from d beginning. I am not d poster, I only inquired to know reason for his boss action.

I hope dis is not how you cross major roads without proper observation? It is good to look before you leap.

Wish you best of luck!!!
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by joanana(f): 10:45am On Nov 03, 2016
makelove2m:

bend it again and get fired,....................

hahahahahahaha!!! i know my colleagues will be looking at me laughing in front of my computer. You really cracked me up!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by klassykute(m): 10:49am On Nov 03, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
We should feature teckno in it ooo...it will be bend down sack
lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Angelahoney: 10:49am On Nov 03, 2016
mizthorlu:

if na to carry bag for woman now, you go dey form...

If him carry bag for woman, una go call am woman wrapper. If he no collect you go say he dey form. Wetin man go do ?
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by AuroraB(f): 10:50am On Nov 03, 2016
Millz404:
**** The highest i can greet anybody is good day, maybe add "sir" or "ma" if i am in a good mood pass d go my tin

U for kuku worship am na...
Gbam! I often no dey greet anybody undecided. Kini gaan lipsrsealed
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by teeghurl(f): 10:53am On Nov 03, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Slave mentality

In the USA, your boss will be the first person to tell you good morning when you come to the office

You're very lucky i wasn't your boss, i would have beat the living daylights out of your brain and still fire you for being a fool
hahahaha, bros take it easy nah
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Lucasinho(m): 10:57am On Nov 03, 2016
I Believe dat ur Big Nose Boss has stated himself clearly where U are....Wise Up now....Put aside ur Local MentalitY 4 ur own sake...u have a Job 2 do rather than this....

Never bend 4 White skin in ur life agaiN....

Dnt 4get that... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Lucasinho(m): 11:01am On Nov 03, 2016
Angelahoney:

If him carry bag for woman, una go call am woman wrapper. If he no collect you go say he dey form. Wetin man go do ?

lol
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Dailyfavour(m): 11:06am On Nov 03, 2016
Go back to him when after sometime, let him know, its your culture, its in the blood and cannot be controled many times. They have their own way of living as well, and a well wired nigerian will behave that way. You have not commited any crime.
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by IamDavidJames(m): 11:09am On Nov 03, 2016
Be a Winner today! free games posted! www.facebook.com/realdailybet

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Lucasinho(m): 11:11am On Nov 03, 2016
Dailyfavour:
Go back to him when after sometime, let him know, its your culture, its in the blood and cannot be controled many times. They have their own way of living as well, and a well wired nigerian will behave that way. You have not commited any crime.
ARE u a dunce? Did I here U said He should go back to where? Kindly go back 2 the Post...CUz u seems to be another ophthalmodouleia

2 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by XaintJoel20: 11:12am On Nov 03, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
What state are you from ??

I just accessed your level ****when you called a Lebanese man a 'white man"

You might as well call Chinese people white or Call Egyptians (Africans) white because their skin color is white

Secondly, why would you wanna carry someone's bag ??

Were you employed to carry bags ??

When i went to South Africa with my business partners, one elderly woman came to serve us in the hotel, she was kneeling down to serve us, mean, i got so angry and bitter that i called the hotel owner and gave him the hardest drilling of his life, why would you make our women your Slave ??

I think you should be fired and no company should hire you
I am going to say this in local parlance.
Bros you harsh oooooooooooooooooooooh.
' I think you should be fired and no company should hire you'...

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by buoye1(m): 11:20am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:

thank. u but I never do for eye service sa.

other Bosses who are Lebanese do leave their bags for their juniors in other department although they have stayed long in Nigeria than my boss.

my boss is just a simple man
Sir can you just shut up and stop the defenses? Your boss said he was embarrassed by your greeting and you shouldn't try carrying his bag for him.... Na by force... He even said you're a graduate and should attach some respeck to your self.... Please face your job.... But you can continue if you've got another job....

2 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by hizaya61(m): 11:23am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:

The real story....

It's because your boss notice you like high service.
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Collins0609(m): 11:24am On Nov 03, 2016
Your boss its right,u are employ to work not to carry bag,u are only treating urself as a slave.u should learn to attach respect to urself

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by fpeter(f): 11:28am On Nov 03, 2016
He should fire you for your terrible grammar, yoruba ppl be thinking they're respectful simply because they bend over to greet people.
Face your work and stop the eye service your people are known for. I bet the Lebanese dude could smell your fakeness miles away.
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 03, 2016
HabaSeun:

Yes! You did everything wrong! Get rid of your slave mentality!!

Leave your yoruba culture out of this. angry

Bros, some people's slave culture and mentality dey blood ooo. Dem no learn am. If you wanna know, check out APC National.

I no call names ooo. If u attack me, e mean say u claim to be one of those.
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 03, 2016
you sound like "Somebody" Trump abi na your cousin? grin grin grin

XaintJoel20:

I am going to say this in local parlance.
Bros you harsh oooooooooooooooooooooh.
' I think you should be fired and no company should hire you'...
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by def111(m): 11:37am On Nov 03, 2016
Na high service they worry you,..
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Kirinwa: 11:39am On Nov 03, 2016
Op you musnt bend to greet someone. Stand upright and greet. There's a reason its called office not village. You ask someone if you may help them; if they agree help, if not carry then carry your wahala and go.

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Pringlez: 11:50am On Nov 03, 2016
No, if you still feel nothing is wrong in what you did in a work/official/corporate environment, simply repeat the actions again and see yourself on the streets again the next minute.

Please let's learn to remove some unnecessary things like these and even eye service from our jobs. It does not always pay.
My 2 koin!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kehinde, Yetunde Longe: Husband, Wife Decorated As Commissioners Of Police / Union Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Union Bank Pay? / Disabled Man In Kaduna Working As A Labourer At A Site (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.