Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag (44585 Views)

Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees / Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics / "Boss' Wife Told Me To Send Their Maid Out. Boss To Sack Me If I Can't" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by saintneo(m): 8:24am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:
Just resumed my new office last week o.

My first time of working with White man sa (Lebanese) , The man is free and humble in fact everybody loves him, among other Lebanese my Boss is jovial, free and hardworking man.

He has worked in 5 African countries so he understands Africa and her culture very well.

The real story....

I resumed very early this morning and I decided to wait in front of office before I start today's activities when I saw my boss coming down from his Truck carrying his bag , as a young Yoruba man that comes from good background ..lol So I ran to him and say Good morning sir (bend my head) and I stretch my hand to collect his bag.

The man who has never disrespect me like that before shouted on me!!

Who owns the bag? he asked

repeat!!!! who owns the bag moscobabs?

Me: You sir!!!! I replied..

if it's me "why should u collect it from me?

Me: I just wanted to help u sir.

Y? ..... I couldn't respond .

I say why? ...meet me in office now!!!! he commanded .

We entered his office and he sat me down

moscobabs, You were employed as so so so in this company not to carry bag, the bag belongs to me and I must carry it, also you always bend whenever you greet me...please its not necessary, in fact its not official, I just opportune to be your boss, you are married as I , You are graduate although you are younger than me but you have to attach respect to yourself.

I was like " ki la gbe, ki la ju" but I replied him by saying ....

Sir, I am african we have cultures and Traditions and parts of these is what I did, We respect our elders and seniors that's why we bend or prostrate while greeting and we do help them carry their loads even if we carry ours too.

And he responded with smiles...No problem But when next you greet me in such an embarrassing way or try to collect my bag I won't think twice before I sack you!!!

I beg o Is anything wrong in what I did?

Is there any other reason for his reaction?

The man just dey look me somehow since morning

Save your cultural greetings for your tribesmen.

Your boss is the best. Just stick to your job kpi

2 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by walosky(m): 8:26am On Nov 03, 2016
donfemo:
You are in a professional environment stop all the culture crap. Sometimes its even eye service if you hate the boss you will still prostrate and help him collect his bag. Above all understand who you are working with and learn from colleagues that have been there before you. Dont go and do too much.
Afonjas and their eye service

2 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by babooshka: 8:26am On Nov 03, 2016
Kikikikiiiiiii, u sef. Leave some of ur yoruba training 4 house. I like ur boss, he's very real. Na so some of d policemen dey mumu, dey carry madam bag upandan.
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 03, 2016
Mrdecent:
When I saw bend, my mind went straight to another thing. May God help me. Nairaland front page doesn't even help the matter. Leak this and this,Cleverage of this and that.. Expose boooobs of miss that.. O sun MI

LOL. Guy abeg Park well. It is too early in the morning for me to start laughing

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by misspicy(f): 8:27am On Nov 03, 2016
lestat:

You are a mor0n and deserve to get fired . I have fired staff like you becUse if you have worked in a multinational you will know that rubbish you did is unacceptable.
Keep your bull crP culture at home and focus on your job.

The main people who engage in such that are prone to be involved in office politics, gossiping, slander and favoritism .

Hence it's frowned upon. Let your work ethic speK for you not your respect of elders ..
I would have fired you instantly... Rubbish
Sorry sir
No vex sir cheesy

**bows down and beg him** tongue

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Enyimbamercedes: 8:29am On Nov 03, 2016
, as a young Yoruba man that comes from good background
Correction: as a young (yoruba) man that rather than get to work and focus on your duty, you linger around the front door and wait to do eye service for the boss and bury your face in his ass. Thank goodness he isn't from your part of the country. Very typical of them.
I had a boss like that who wanted everyone to come to her office and hit their head on the ground all in the name of greeting.
Young man... get to work, sit at your table and face your work. Let your work speak for you and not doing 'do bale' upandan like an agama lizard

3 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Reenah92(f): 8:30am On Nov 03, 2016
#SMH Nigerians....... Just always do your job.
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Sike(m): 8:31am On Nov 03, 2016
ojmaroni247:
Bending is ur culture,carrying bag from seniors is ur home training, a typical Nigerian Boss would welcome such gesture, cuz dey love slave mentality. .... There are work ethics. The place u work ain't ur village or home. Everyone is suppose to carry thier bag except they call ur attention for assistance, doesn't matter if the person is higher or lower Dan u. The man already tink ur doing all Dat cuz he is ur Boss, and that's like eye service, jst for favors. An average Nigerian behaves Dat way tho, after escaping the struggle a. K . a OWU(Hunger) grin. Guy use ur head.
well said
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by musa7m(m): 8:31am On Nov 03, 2016
This one of the reason why I love milltry work....you dnt bend to grt anyone wink
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by macaranta(m): 8:33am On Nov 03, 2016
The man is absolutely right, you want to arouse a conflict of interest by being uneccesarily loyal, so the day you eventually f up he won't be able to sanction you properly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by telemapreye1(f): 8:34am On Nov 03, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Slave mentality

In the USA, your boss will be the first person to tell you good morning when you come to the office

You're very lucky i wasn't your boss, i would have beat the living daylights out of your brain and still fire you for being a fool
Why are you taking it personal?
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by topman19: 8:35am On Nov 03, 2016
Typical Nigerian mentality. Some offices don't even allow the use of Mr, Miss, Mrs. U call everybody including ur superiors by their first name.

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by oboy3(m): 8:36am On Nov 03, 2016
it's Yoruba mentality, they love it too much, I remember the secondary school years, the owner of the school is an igbo woman, she instructed us to always call all female staff "Madam" while the male are "Sir"
fast-forward to the day of waec, one Yoruba external invigilator came,somebody tried to call her attention "Madam",she then became furious cursing in Yoruba, blah blah blah, call me mummy not madam, I am old enough to be ur mother blah blah blah, I am not igbo etc, it was another thing that day, For me I can't ever call anyone who is not my mother Mummy, it doesn't make sense

Even the primary I went a deeper woman owns it, I never really did wrap my head around why we called her "School mummy"

like somebody said, salutation is never love, Yoruba think that lying in the mud to greet somebody is respect,i am sorry to burst your bubble, it's not

you can force a child who hates you to prostrate to you but fact is he will still hate u afterwards

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Swizdom(m): 8:37am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:

My first time of working with White man sa (Lebanese) , The man is free and humble in fact everybody loves him, among other Lebanese my Boss is jovial, free and hardworking man.

He has worked in 5 African countries so he understands Africa and her culture very well.

The real story....

I resumed very early this morning and I decided to wait in front of office before I start today's activities when I saw my boss coming down from his Truck carrying his bag , as a young Yoruba man that comes from good background ..lol So I ran to him and say Good morning sir (bend my head) and I stretch my hand to collect his bag.

moscobabs, You were employed as so so so in this company not to carry bag, the bag belongs to me and I must carry it, also you always bend whenever you greet me...please its not necessary, in fact its not official, I just opportune to be your boss, you are married as I , You are graduate although you are younger than me but you have to attach respect to yourself.

Sir, I am african we have cultures and Traditions and parts of these is what I did, We respect our elders and seniors that's why we bend or prostrate while greeting and we do help them carry their loads even if we carry ours too.

And he responded with smiles...No problem But when next you greet me in such an embarrassing way or try to collect my bag I won't think twice before I sack you!!!

Yea, something is wrong! You don't act professional for christ-sake. That you work for someone doesn't mean you act like a slave. People don't value slaves. They value You knowing fully well that you do what you were asked to do and not EYE-SERVICE.

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by cybriz82(m): 8:37am On Nov 03, 2016
people like u we dey call dem H.S ..high service ..over sabi.how do u tink d rest will feel abt u....am evn sure u dey do amebo wella sef going against ur colleague bt d thunder dn fire u back.....ntorrrrrrr..well d ansa to ur question is repeat it again n see d result urself.

2 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by madapcmod: 8:39am On Nov 03, 2016
Afonja normal eye service, na so them dey take win the heart of power drunk bosses in office.

I bow to nobody except God
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 03, 2016
young man! the man is well enlightened and he's already telling you to stop the slavery mentality. Others would have taken advantage of you so wise up. I am working in a lebanese company and this is my 4th year, so I know them very well. How you present yourself at the very beginning will determine how you will be treated...

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by metallisc(m): 8:41am On Nov 03, 2016
RooRuudRonSaha:
you are the ignorant one here, is arab a race? There are white arabs and black arabs. So arab is not a race.

dude just keep quiet... cool

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by rupeelicious(f): 8:42am On Nov 03, 2016
Why r we all making it sound like d whiteman is superior to odas, be he a red indian, chinese, lebanese, or arab, itz important he learnt that some cultures should remain whr dey r practised, esp as he was in a formal environ. I don't like d sound of " he's arab, not white". Wud a whiteman have accepted d prostration/bend n d bag carrying?
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by idrezee(m): 8:42am On Nov 03, 2016
Well.........I have helped my boss with his bags before, should be ones I guess, though he employed somebody who does that, walking empty handed alongside ur boss with his hand full can be embarrassing and even termed disrespectful especially in this part of the world but then notwithstanding our collective behaviour here we still have people like that Lebanese man, I can remember when I was to set up a meeting between my boss and a much respected potential client, when I walked the client into my boss' office he has hardly finished eating, then he looked at me "Idris please call this boy to clear the table" that boy was faraway and they need the place clean b4 the meeting can hold so I had to do it myself even when objections was written boldly on his face. This is Africa and we ve got culture, apart from being ur boss in most cases s/he is older. Bosses shouldn't stress their employees unnecessarily but as an employee you should learn to help with some informal work once in a long while especially when it's extremely needed except if ur boss says otherwise.

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by metallisc(m): 8:44am On Nov 03, 2016
cybriz82:
people like u we dey call dem H.S ..high service ..over sabi.how do u tink d rest will feel abt u....am evn sure u dey do amebo wella sef going against ur colleague bt d thunder dn fire u back.....ntorrrrrrr..well d ansa to ur question is repeat it again n see d result urself.

i know your h-factor has gotten the best of you but it is not 'high service' it is 'eye service'! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by aalangel(f): 8:45am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:

hunnm.....I think u see nothing bad In our culture ma?Regards to your hubby o

Actually, that greeting part is what I actually hate most.
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by mukhcech(m): 8:46am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:

The real story....

"Sir, I am african we have cultures and Traditions and parts of these is what I did, We respect our elders and seniors that's why we bend or prostrate while greeting and we do help them carry their loads even if we carry ours too." - Liar

Me and you know we dey deceive ourselves when we prostrate and carry load for each other. Every thing nah eye service. Stop using culture as Hijab.

2 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by aalangel(f): 8:46am On Nov 03, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
he is not afonja. go through his page and posts. he is from ebonyi. he is ndigbo

....as a young Yoruba man that comes from good background.

That's what he wrote. Where did you get Ebonyi from?
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 03, 2016
amarachi06:
You are mannered but it is not necessary in your working work place. The man thinks by doing that, you will ask him for favour tomorrow and if you commit any offence, he will find it difficult to punish you.
He is not a Nigerian to understand, so for the sake of your dear ones at home, don't try it again.
Those are why pple do that but claim culture.
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Kenneth10110(m): 8:48am On Nov 03, 2016
UPDATED PRICE LIST

CHEAP ETISALAT DATA DEALS 6GB @ N1500, 11GB @ N2500, 16GB @ N3500, 22GB @ N4500. 1 MONTH VALIDITY!!!

WHATSAPP: 08134565079

Pay after Data has been delivered to you

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Rekyz(m): 8:50am On Nov 03, 2016
Your boss is right. There are companies you work for and you adress your boss by his name. No "yes sir!", "Goodmorning sir!" but "Goodmorning mr Robbert" etc
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by moscobabs(m): 8:54am On Nov 03, 2016
aalangel:

Actually, that greeting part is what I actually hate most.

Lol you can't take it away from us.

u will nearly run if your hubby take u to his village and start introducing u to all family members

That is where u will have to kneel for Both elders and kids o .

Don't mind us Sister
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by macof(m): 8:55am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:

The real story....

yorubas misunderstanding yoruba culture.

that's not culture but eye service. .your boss is right to sack you once you try taking his bag again. .. the bending head to greet is ok!

and did you just call a Lebanese man white WTF!

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by moscobabs(m): 8:56am On Nov 03, 2016
aalangel:

....as a young Yoruba man that comes from good background.
That's what he wrote. Where did you get Ebonyi from?
u dey mind the guy?
which of my post I claimed Ebonyi?
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by luminouz(m): 8:56am On Nov 03, 2016
oboy3:
it's Yoruba mentality, they love it too much, I remember the secondary school years, the owner of the school is an igbo woman, she instructed us to always call all female staff "Madam" while the male are "Sir"
fast-forward to the day of waec, one Yoruba external invigilator came,somebody tried to call her attention "Madam",she then became furious cursing in Yoruba, blah blah blah, call me mummy not madam, I am old enough to be ur mother blah blah blah, I am not igbo etc, it was another thing that day, For me I can't ever call anyone who is not my mother Mummy, it doesn't make sense

Even the primary I went a deeper woman owns it, I never really did wrap my head around why we called her "School mummy"

like somebody said, salutation is never love, Yoruba think that lying in the mud to greet somebody is respect,i am sorry to burst your bubble, it's not

you can force a child who hates you to prostrate to you but fact is he will still hate u afterwards
Ur opinion bro! But then who gives 2 shits about it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kehinde, Yetunde Longe: Husband, Wife Decorated As Commissioners Of Police / Disabled Man In Kaduna Working As A Labourer At A Site (Photos) / Union Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Union Bank Pay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.