Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now (4096 Views)

Let's Identify The Ways Satan Fight Christian Faith And Profer Solutions / The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith / 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 02, 2016
Smallville10:
God would always answer those who seek him with faith...

Abt the tsunamis and quakes, u probably havent heard of continental drifts...

U went to school, so u should know cause of earthquakes and other natural disasters
Are continental drifts man made? Are hurricanes and tornadoes man made?
No they are not. They are all natural occurrences so how do you explain it with an all loving God.
By the bolded God has gone against the concept of free will because he directly interfered.
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by adoyi8: 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2016
Smallville10:
God would always answer those who seek him with faith...

Abt the tsunamis and quakes, u probably havent heard of continental drifts...

U went to school, so u should know cause of earthquakes and other natural disasters
Oh! Is continental drift our fore fathers' fault too?
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 02, 2016
Lennycool:

Are continental drifts man made? Are hurricanes and tornadoes man made?
No they are not. They are all natural occurrences so how do you explain it with an all loving God.
By the bolded God has gone against the concept of free will because he directly interfered.
how?

1 Like

Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by GoodMuyis(m): 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
Lennycool:

Your question is deceitful. You ask me to explain what we see on earth today and then you add another rule that I should only use two branches of science, that would be inadequate. Like giving me a fork to drink water. Why place restrictions, did I place any with religion. Only those afraid of showing their flaws are scared of scrutiny.

If am in your shoe I will stand on Religion to adequately and explain what we see on the earth today, using the criteria I gave, in fact
Psychology and sociology is branch science that can define religion, not Mathematics. Religion deals with Human being, and can be a branch of science on its own. Likewise atheism can be a branch of science on its own if properly define, but unfortunately, there is no standard or logic that can be fine-tune in atheism other than a reason that there is no Creator for the universe, and in a real sense that is a state of mind/belief.

If Atheism is going to defend itself for its claim (of no God), it will rely on its parent science field, but within itself, it lack tunable variables or logic to sustain its claim.

On the other hand, religion (Christianity) can within itself define God as the creator, and link it to other field of science. The foundation of Religion (Christianity) is LOVE, What about Atheism?

This is just my beginning, shall we continue.....

1 Like

Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 02, 2016
adoyi8:

Oh! Is continental drift our fore fathers' fault too?
is it God's fault too? If yes, how?
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 02, 2016
Smallville10:
how?
What is freewill? The ability of an entity to make its own decisions without any interference. A man shot a praying woman to death inside a school in the US. Witnesses heard the woman pray to be saved, she was still shot twice in the head. The 9/11 incident killed more than 3000 Americans most of them Christians. Theist accept that God could not change the fate as that would be interfering with freewill. But in the case of miracles, the man that shot the gun would've missed by the direct interference of God. Or if the hijackers were stopped by security personnel before they controlled the plane, it would have been a miracle and a direct interference by God. Do you know understand how miracles contradict the free will theory?
God cannot endow free will and still perform miracles
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
Smallville10:
According to believers God created the earth
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 02, 2016
Lennycool:

According to believers God created the earth
but God is not mother-nature
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by FSMs: 10:48pm On Nov 02, 2016
Smallville10:
Good Good Yahweh has No control Over Nature we are Progressing
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 02, 2016
GoodMuyis:

If am in your shoe I will stand on Religion to adequately and explain what we see on the earth today, using the criteria I gave, in fact
Psychology and sociology is branch science that can define religion, not Mathematics. Religion deals with Human being, and can be a branch of science on its own. Likewise atheism can be a branch of science on its own if properly define, but unfortunately, there is no standard or logic that can be fine-tune in atheism other than a reason that there is no Creator for the universe, and in a real sense that is a state of mind/belief.

If Atheism is going to defend itself for its claim (of no God), it will rely on its parent science field, but within itself, it lack tunable variables or logic to sustain its claim.

On the other hand, religion (Christianity) can within itself define God as the creator, and link it to other field of science. The foundation of Religion (Christianity) is LOVE, What about Atheism?

This is just my beginning, shall we continue.....
Again you managed to make no sense with plenty sentences. Can you prove this your God? Religion fails at explaining life. The deeper you look the more the flaw of religion shows. A Nairalander once asked a question
"Will a person born mad that commits murder go to heaven or hell?"
Can you answer this question without creating your own baseless theory?
Deeper you look
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by adoyi8: 10:54pm On Nov 02, 2016
Smallville10:

Since you believe God created the Earth, A perfect carpenter makes perfect furniture. A perfect creator should be able to create a perfect earth.

2 Likes

Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 02, 2016
Lennycool, what do u know abt this woman? The fact she was praying doesnt make her a christian or having an encounter with God... There are certain decisions God takes and we just do not understand why...

Now can u urself imagine God saving evry single person in times of problems, do u think d world would be comfortable to all? The world population is rapidly increasing and then imagine many people still living, definately the world crime rate would continue to increase rapidly, poverty would rise, more disasters and war, famine and so on, will continue to surface greater than it is now... So what ever evil dat happens is not God's fault and could also be of benefits to d world
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 02, 2016
Smallville10:
Really are you reinventing a new Yahweh. Or isn't it him that parted the red sea? Made manna fall from heaven? Poured water out of a rock. Caused a worldwide flood?
Caused all manner of natural plagues against the Egyptians? What separates a being like this from nature?
You're trying to defend failed logic and that is why you can never win. Your basically trying to prove that 1+1 is 6 and that is impossible. I was once a Christian like you.
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 02, 2016
Smallville10:
Lennycool, what do u know abt this woman? The fact she was praying doesnt make her a christian or having an encounter with God... There are certain decisions God takes and we just do not understand why...

Now can u urself imagine God saving evry single person in times of problems, do u think d world would be comfortable to all? The world population is rapidly increasing and then imagine many people still living, definately the world crime rate would continue to increase rapidly, poverty would rise, more disasters and war, famine and so on, will continue to surface greater than it is now... So what ever evil dat happens is not God's fault and could also be of benefits to d world
Then you must accept that God does not do miracles as that is interfering with free will.
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 02, 2016
adoyi8:

Since you believe God created the Earth, A perfect carpenter makes perfect furniture. A perfect creator should be able to create a perfect earth.
a perfect world u say... This is why u need d bible...

It was a perfect world but d sins of our fathers made it an imperfect world... Wasnt Adam and eve in d garden, living in perfection but chose to see d world from d different angle and their choice changed everything. Need i remind u that God created d world and put it in-charge of man's care... Now who is at fault, the care taker who couldnt take care or the creator who chose man as care taker
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 02, 2016
Lennycool:

Then you must accept that God does not do miracles as that is interfering with free will.
of cus does miracles?
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 02, 2016
Lennycool:

of cus he does miracles?
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
Smallville10:
of cus he does miracles?
Then you cannot claim free will as an excuse
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
Lennycool:

Really are you reinventing a new Yahweh. Or isn't it him that parted the red sea? Made manna fall from heaven? Poured water out of a rock. Caused a worldwide flood?
Caused all manner of natural plagues against the Egyptians?
What separates a being like this from nature?
You're trying to defend failed logic and that is why you can never win. Your basically trying to prove that 1+1 is 6 and that is impossible. I was once a Christian like you.
are u listening to ur self, all u said in d bolded is that natural occurances? Or u cant differenciate btw natural and supernatural, right?

Failed logic? U say u were a christian... Did u carry ur bible to study in order to discover what others havent? I guess u didnt... U just looked at it and said 'it all doesnt make sense'... But it does, u jsut didnt search well before quitting
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
Smallville10:
a perfect world u say... This is why u need d bible...

It was a perfect world but d sins of our fathers made it an imperfect world... Wasnt Adam and eve in d garden, living in perfection but chose to see d world from d different angle and their choice changed everything. Need i remind u that God created d world and put it in-charge of man's care... Now who is at fault, the care taker who couldnt take care or the creator who chose man as care taker
How did their sins cause earthquakes and tsunami? The Bible made no mention of natural disasters as a consequence
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

Good Good Yahweh has No control Over Nature we are Progressing
continue puutin words in ur own mouth, u would soon get choked
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by GoodMuyis(m): 11:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
Lennycool:

Again you managed to make no sense with plenty sentences. Can you prove this your God? Religion fails at explaining life. The deeper you look the more the flaw of religion shows. A Nairalander once asked a question
"Will a person born mad that commits murder go to heaven or hell?"
Can you answer this question without creating your own baseless theory?
Deeper you look

I think we are talking about emh -adequately explain what we see on the earth today- in view of Atheism and Religion as regards to Psychology and sociology. and my last question was about the foundation of Atheism, and I ask that to know if you comprehend what are practising.

"Will a person born mad that commits murder go to heaven or hell?" its not my practise to allow distraction in any argument, so this question will be addresses in an new argument. so am not avoiding your question, am ready anytime

Let finished the first, Tell me the foundation or Logic Behind Atheism, I have told you LOVE is behind Christianity

Lets move on....
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 02, 2016
GoodMuyis:

I think we are talking about emh -adequately explain what we see on the earth today- in view of Atheism and Religion as regards to Psychology and sociology. and my last question was about the foundation of Atheism, and I ask that to know if you are practising.

"Will a person born mad that commits murder go to heaven or hell?" its not my practise to allow distraction in any argument, so this question will be addresses in an new argument. so am not avoiding your question, am ready anytime
Mh hmm sure whatever man
Let finished the first, Tell me the foundation or Logic Behind Atheism, I have told you LOVE is behind Christianity

Lets move on....
Fine i accept this, No religion can withstand logical reasoning.
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by adoyi8: 11:24pm On Nov 02, 2016
GoodMuyis:

I think we are talking about emh -adequately explain what we see on the earth today- in view of Atheism and Religion as regards to Psychology and sociology. and my last question was about the foundation of Atheism, and I ask that to know if you are practising.

Lets move on....
Good Reasoning is behind Atheism. Good reasoning will make you understand that Snakes and donkeys cannot talk, We are very similar to other animals and not too 'special' as you might like. etc, etc.

1 Like

Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 02, 2016
Lennycool:

How did their sins cause earthquakes and tsunami? The Bible made no mention of natural disasters as a consequence
please to take dis discussion in a cycle... Natural disasters... Nature at work here... Man put nature at work ever since we started tillin d earth
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 02, 2016
Lennycool:
Then you cannot claim free will as an excuse
freewill is not an excuse
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 02, 2016
Smallville10:
Ooops! Sorry, typographical error... False alarm! I'm still in the faith and athiests dont see anything becus they are just blind...

Let me begin to count all the views...
Count down begins... grin

You'll break a lot of hearts here with this false alarm grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

You'll break a lot of hearts here with this false alarm grin
ma brother i know say dem don rush in like mumu... People like hopefullandlord, dat one na their cheif priest

1 Like

Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 02, 2016
Smallville10:
ma brother i know say dem don rush in like mumu... People like hopefullandlord, dat one na their cheif priest
I suspect there will be a thread in retaliation. A suspicious moniker claiming to have moved to the dark side grin
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by GoodMuyis(m): 11:43pm On Nov 02, 2016
Lennycool:

Mh hmm sure whatever man

Fine i accept this, No religion can withstand logical reasoning.

Every belief system can stand any Logic Reasoning, if Mindset is not compromised so as to balance the any given variable

If we are to explain what we see on the earth today, with any given variable, every-side of the debate should be able to defend its stand. the only side that loosed the argument is the one that has a Faulty Analogy, Hasty Generalization,Slippery Slope [am taking down Psychology] etc

So give me a Variable to explain what we see on the earth today, So I'll give you one, the we will drag on that
Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

I suspect there will be a thread in retaliation. A suspicious moniker claiming to have moved to the dark side grin
hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now by GoodMuyis(m): 11:51pm On Nov 02, 2016
adoyi8:

Good Reasoning is behind Atheism. Good reasoning will make you understand that Snakes and donkeys cannot talk, We are very similar to other animals and not too 'special' as you might like. etc, etc.

What I bold up there is what we called scientifically paranormal or abnormality. so dont say it cannot happen (I suggest u take Psychology class)
Years Ago, dogs, were not known to detect human cancer but now, it was believed because it was discovered.

Centuries ago, tell someone there exist nine planet, you will be laugh off, now, its a study

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Abortion Morally Permissible? / Nigerian Pastor Beat World Record / All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.