Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem (10561 Views)

CALM DOWN: Mad collaboration between Busta Rhyme and Eminem / Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole / Between Alan Shearer and Eminem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by DBR: 9:04am On Nov 05, 2009
I like, nahhhh i luv Em.
The boy's as talented as hell.
His flow delivery, is off the chain.
He's masterd the Technicality of in-rhymes and multies.
Or who else can spit crap and make pple applaud? grin
Truth be told after Saurone posted the lyrics of the cypher,
just as as expected BT killed it, if on nothin,lyrically

Dudes r just confusin' lyricism with flow dexterity
Em's one of the greatest in the latter, i loved his delivery to death
(but not the nu crap he's doin on Relapse)
the new voice texture aint werkin for me)
But lyrically in this cypher i rate him below BT.
Yea the Obama Dalar lama, was brilliant
but , Im i d only one tired on Em's Instruments fixation
Good look Bamsyle, Afrocynic.
oNe
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 9:28am On Nov 05, 2009
ritchboy:

Ibime,
none of those MC's can get to 8 bars. . . Other rappers would go into cardiac arrest if they even attempted! cheesy

Stop making a skyscraper out of a molehill . . .

If he likes, Eminem can spin 48 bars and 20 syllables or even more . . . it doesn't mean shiite - every rapper has a unique style . . .

When Papoose came out with "Alphabetic Slaughter", rappers and rap fans alike were scampering for cover . . . Nas has told a story from the end to the beginning . . . Biggie painted pictures more vivid than Mozart's painting with his storytelling . . . Rakim made and still makes internal rhymes seem like child's play . . .

Every good or even average rapper . . . from Rass Kass to Immortal Technique . . . to Krayzie Bone and Twista . . . all have their signature style . . .

Go listen to tracks like "Ebonics" (Big L) . . . even "Nobody Believes Me" (Styles P) . . . to mention a few . . . and check out real creativity . . .

In the long run . . . it's what you talk when you talk that matters.
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 9:50am On Nov 05, 2009
DBR:

Dudes r just confusin' lyricism with flow dexterity

Where you been mahn??

We've got a load of really confused fellas in here . . . folks who confuse an MC with a good rapper . . . lyrics with flow/rhythm . . . even punchlines with mere abuses . . .  grin grin grin

but , Im i d only one tired on Em's Instruments fixation

grin grin grin

It's just the usual . . . boast in public about sumn you're unhappy you don't have and make yourself happy . . .

I guess you also saw him rapping about his Instruments in the Westwood Freestyle ("manliness so big it's like elastic I tie it in a knot"wink . . . it's called self-delusion . . .

He's had enough stress to last two lifetimes - his mom, his wife, drugs, Mariah . . . won't you be kind enough to allow him wallow in 5 mins of self-delusion??  grin grin grin
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by slimshay(m): 1:41pm On Nov 05, 2009
^^^^3 posts later Bamsyle will say sumtin in the line of 'dont get me wrong i like eminem but, ' No dude you dont like eminem, u outta the closet now. And Eminem isnt all about Instruments, add drugs, blood, gore and homophobia to the mix. Give yourself a nightmare if you wish tongue.

Seriously, i read the other time, it was only flow that made Em come tops in Renegade. Maybe ya'll shld really look at the lyrics well. While JayZ was dodging strays from frustrated youths stuck in their ways, Eminem was going to war with evrything American. The mothers , the church, the establishment.

Pray, which kinda demented mind thinks about being drowned in holy water shocked. Respect an ingenious mind if you see one. If not Salman Rushdie will only just be another controversial writer.
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by ritchboy(m): 3:50pm On Nov 05, 2009
Bamsyle
ur stance on eminem became obvious when u started attacking the ARTIST(eminem being delusional n what not) instead of the ART(his music). . . That renders ur opinion bias, and therefore invalid cheesy

P.S. Papoose didnt start each word from A-Z on alphabetical slaughter. Ur assignment is to tell me where he got it wrong cheesy
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2009
slimshay:

^^^^3 posts later Bamsyle will say sumtin in the line of 'dont get me wrong i like eminem but, ' No dude you dont like eminem, u outta the closet now.

Hehe . . . you gotta prove it mahn . . . how do I dislike him??

I like Eminem . . . but y'all die for him . . . letz see thangs this way - Em's a banana, I'm human and y'all are monkeys (no insult intended, honestly) . . . I peel off the skin to eat, y'all eat everything - skin and all . . . Jeez, y'all could drink Eminem's bath water!!!

And Eminem isnt all about Instruments, add drugs, blood, gore and homophobia to the mix. Give yourself a nightmare if you wish tongue.

Hahaha, I ain't sweatin' on Eminem, dude.

Seriously, i read the other time, it was only flow that made Em come tops in Renegade. Maybe ya'll shld really look at the lyrics well. While JayZ was dodging strays from frustrated youths stuck in their ways, Eminem was going to war with evrything American. The mothers , the church, the establishment.

Slim, I've observed that you lot can't mention Eminem without mentioning Renegade . . . he killed Jay-Z, he murdered him, he cremated him . . . blah blah blah . . . this schizto's now overplayed . . .

On the real though, I love Renegade . . . and if you check the records, I'm not one of whatever group of folks made the above assertion . . . IMO, both cats were tight with their lyrics, but Eminem of course came tops with flow/delivery . . . and is that not what I've always told you lot?? Em's greatest strength is his delivery/flow . . .

Lyrics?? Nah.

Pray, which kinda demented mind thinks about being drowned in holy water shocked. Respect an ingenious mind if you see one. If not Salman Rushdie will only just be another controversial writer.

Now I'm glad you said it yourself . . . and that's what I've been reiterating for eons - Eminem uses shock value, he says things that are shocking . . . thangs that can emanate from a demented mind only . . .

It's Rap, so that's ok . . . but then, can you please tell me how that makes him so ingenious that you lot idolize him??

Or how that makes him a great lyricist??
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by ravenzord(m): 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2009
Everywhere on NL I see an 'Em';s the best rapper alive' argument,I see Sauron,kinda like Ofoka and Sauce kid. tongue

Em's a good rapper;everyone knows that,but he's not necessarily the best lyricist,he's best known for very tyte delivery,ill multis,and very very,shocking,sometimes funny,sometimes not-so-funny lyrics,c'est fini. As 4 d cypher,it's obvious BT was better than Em,maybe y'all arguing otherwise should remove ur Stan glasses.pAiX
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by eldee(m): 5:13pm On Nov 05, 2009
It's funny how people just come out and try to tell rappers what and what they're allowed to rap about.
Here I was thinking hiphop, especially freestyles and cyphers where about no-holds-bound self expression.
But nah . . . because Immortal Technique goes about spewing fuckery about 'America's sponsoring Osama', everyone should do that.

You cannot confine Hiphop to one theme . . . it's extremely stupid.
If Em starts talking bout love and saving the world tomorrow, it's his choice, let him express what he feels.
Afterall the greatest hiphop artistes have built careers from gloryfying the most shameful part of black culture . . . so why should Eminem's case be different??

I don't like Eminem . . . but telling me he has to talk about 'ruling the streets' on a BET cypher is just  plain idiocy.

I'm not up for this 'I'm deep in hiphop' bullshit.
You don't need a KRS-One to tell you that Eminem is up there in hiphop. . . how can you listen to an Em album(save Relapse) and say he's not a genius??
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2009
ritchboy:

Bamsyle
your stance on eminem became obvious when u started attacking the ARTIST(eminem being delusional n what not) instead of the ART(his music). . . That renders your opinion bias, and therefore invalid cheesy

Hahaha . . . what a judgment . . .

I'm sure you don't like Eminem like I do . . .

Ok, lemme express your shock . . . shocked shocked shocked . . .  grin grin . . . letz just leave that for another day . . .

His music is entwined with his person . . . can't you see the union between his misogynist themes and his real-life issues with his mom, wife and recently, Mariah??

But then, can't you just take a joke??  grin grin

P.S. Papoose didnt start each word from A-Z on alphabetical slaughter. your assignment is to tell me where he got it wrong cheesy

Lemme pretend that you're joking with the above statement . . .

You're joking, aren't you??  cheesy
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Sauron1: 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2009
ravenzord:

Everywhere on NL I see an 'Em';s the best rapper alive' argument,I see Sauron,kinda like Ofoka and Sauce kid. tongue

You must have brick in your brain cavity. grin grin
What has Sauron's gotta do with the BET Awards Cypher in which Eminem murked his contemporaries?
I think Eminem is the most talented rapper out there, it's your prerogative if you think Eedris or Chingy is better than him.

Can't we just ignore the who is better than who debates and enjoy their music?
Gone are those days when Heavy D, Biggie, Pac and Grand Puba would collaborate together on a rap song and rap heads would just catch the vibe.
These days, what we get is Philistines talking shit about the ART they know nothing about.

eldee:

I don't like Eminem . . . but telling me he has to talk about 'ruling the streets' on a BET cypher is just  plain idiocy.

Some cats on this thread should never be taken serious.
It's either they just love seeing the colour of their prints OR they are recta-cranially inverted asswipes.
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2009
Eldee, you need to cork it . . .

If you're referring to me, go read what I said about cypha over and again . . . it was a reference made in passing . . . but hell no, Eldee just has to write a thesis on it . . .

And who said all rappers must spew socially conscious or political sturvs?? Rappers like Biggie, Red/Meth Man, etc are my favourite . . . how socially conscious are they?? Don't make me draw a long list of rappers I love that aren't socially conscious . . .

And there you go again . . . whoever said Em must talk about ruling the streetz?? You just need to buy another pair of glasses if the one you're wearing now has expired . . . my point was simple - cypha or no cypha, must Eminem always rely on shock value to come with 'em verses??

Shush . . . a lotta times you've blabbed about folks claiming they're deep in Hip Hop or they're Hip Hop heads . . . I've told you I ain't a "Hip Hop head" . . . no one is a final authority on any issue . . . but when someone has a dissenting opinion, stop banging ya head against the wall with that Hip Hop head schizto . . .

And BTW, unlike you, I like Eminem . . . but I don't need to explain how . . . you don't qualify for a straight discussion on Eminem . . .

Stop whining bruv, we ain't discussing Kanye West here . . .  tongue
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Sauron1: 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2009
DBR:

I like, nahhhh i luv Em.
The boy's as talented as hell.
His flow delivery, is off the chain.
He's masterd the Technicality of in-rhymes and multies.
Or who else can spit crap and make pple applaud? grin
Truth be told after Saurone posted the lyrics of the cypher,
just as as expected BT killed it, if on nothin,lyrically

Opinions will always be polarised on Eminem. I accept that!!!
But to say people applaud him cos he spits crap is kinda ridiculous to me.
Over 80 million records sold and we are still here debating if he's crap or not?? Astounding!!!

This was how MTV saw the CYPHER

Mos Def started off the cypher introducing the three MCs and proclaiming that since they were in his hometown, "I gotta do this for Brooklyn." The Mighty Mos proceeded to shout out various blocks in the borough in his freestyle. Black Thought represented for Philly and completely blacked out. And Eminem brought up the rear and completely murdered it. Slim Shady blended the pill-popping, inane pop culture references and amazing lyrical talent that everyone was expecting from Rehab.

Yet again, the word "MURDERED" was used.
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by eldee(m): 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2009
@Bamsyle
Before I even start saying anything . . . you need to chill, I prefer to argue with straight thinking adults.

I was even posting a reply to your epistle from yesterday before I saw this. . .
Talk about theses . . . tongue

Bamsyle:

And there you go again . . . whoever said Em must talk about ruling the streetz?? You just need to buy another pair of glasses if the one you're wearing now has expired . . . my point was simple - cypha or no cypha, must Eminem always rely on shock value to come with 'em verses??
Yep . . . why?? because it's one of the 1001 themes hiphop allows you to use in a cypher.
When he finds something he's more comfortable with, say Global Warming, he'll use it . . . c'est fini.
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2009
ravenzord:

What do you expect??

Folks who're used to doing menial jobs for more than 18 hours daily in the hot Sun can never reason properly . . . only a bozo with a melted brain would say Eminem is the best rapper alive.

Em's a good rapper;everyone knows that,but he's not necessarily the best lyricist,he's best known for very tyte delivery,ill multis,and very very,shocking,sometimes funny,sometimes not-so-funny lyrics,c'est fini.

You've just hit the nail on its bleeping head . . . but trust that it'll be hittin' Stans where it hurts most . . .  grin grin

As 4 d cypher,it's obvious BT was better than Em,maybe y'all arguing otherwise should remove your Stan glasses.pAiX

Please tell them . . . only a buffoon whose gyros are loose will say Eminem topped BT in that cypha.
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by eldee(m): 5:51pm On Nov 05, 2009
Bamsyle:

Quote you??

You know ya problem El?? You always start off your debates brilliantly . . . but at a point, you veer off tangent and begin to beat about the bush . . . where am I even gonna start quoting you from?? The point you're tryna make is ambiguous . . . I was just happy watching a lady take you and that tramp to the cleaners . . .

I ain't sure you can write an objective test properly . . . the answer is either A, B, C . . . or D . . . stick to an answer dude and stop talkin' from both sides of ya mouth . . . you're saying Nas won the beef . . . at the same time, Hov had more ish on Nas . . . even in Brooklyn, a lotta dudes would smack you in the mouth for saying that . . . some folks would tell ya that Hov's a better rapper than B.I.G, does that make it a fact?? I always tell folks, add "IMO" to some stuff you say . . . ya ish on who struck more 'personally' is ya opinion El, not a fact.

Of course some things are way beyond opinion . . . for example, only an idiot born with a manliness in his brain would say that Eminem spat anything of substance in that cypha . . . yes I agree it's a cypha . . . but that's not ya ticket to talk trash . . . if we must get real and compare, Em did not come close to Black Thought . . . read up the lyrics just posted by the tramp and tell me what Eminem was saying there?? In both delivery and lyrics, Black Thought (a relatively underground MC) murked Eminem . . . and that's official.

I read ya previous posts . . . and sorry - they made no sense . . . I already explained why . . .

And, talking about courts, have you ever attended a court session before?? You can't argue there the way you're arguing here . . .

Imagine that you're either Nas' or Hov's lawyer and you're arguing this way?? You either argue ma brief properly or bugger off . . . that's why the Bleep I hired you!

You do know you started quoting me once you put in the word 'personal'.
Ambiguous?? Excuse me for assuming every NLer reading my post would come equipped with cognitive abilities strong enough to break down a simple argument.

I'll break it to you in a way even Ofoka will understand this. . . and that's as far as I'll go on this half of my argument.
Afrocynic made a very controversial statement that I felt the need to respond to.
'Ja Rule served him(Em) up nicely' . . . giving the Hailie Jade line as her reference.
My argument was simple and straightforward, just because he went personal . . . an opinion shared by Eminem himself doesn't mean he won the beef.

I hope that’s not too hard for you to understand??

And about being Hov’s lawyer . . . that’s where you miss the whole point.
I  don’t follow artistes, I don’t need to take sides on topics like you.
Taking sides clouds your judgement from the beginning.
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by eldee(m): 5:54pm On Nov 05, 2009
Bamsyle:

And BTW, unlike you, I like Eminem . . . but I don't need to explain how . . . you don't qualify for a straight discussion on Eminem . . .

Bullshit . . .
First you say others are Stans for saying something as simple as 'Em was better on the BET cypher'
Now I can't talk bout Em because I'm not his biggest fan??
Stop talking from both sides of your mouth.
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by ritchboy(m): 6:01pm On Nov 05, 2009
Bamsyle
papoose scammed u, and many others. The term "ex-con" doesnt start with an "x". . .
you've failed ur first assignment. . . WOEFULLY! cheesy
2nd assignment, who is the "best" rapper, D.O.A?
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2009
eldee:

@Bamsyle
Before I even start saying anything . . . you need to chill, I prefer to argue with straight thinking adults.

There's a leak in ya ceiling . . . patch it up before you can have a logical debate with me.

I was even posting a reply to your epistle from yesterday before I saw this. . .
Talk about theses . . . tongue

Yeah, it's cos you have the attention span of an overripe grapefruit . . . I must use 5,000 words instead of 5 to explain things to you . . .

Yep . . . why?? because it's one of the 1001 themes hiphop allows you to use in a cypher.
When he finds something he's more comfortable with, say Global Warming, he'll use it . . . c'est fini.

Holy Molly . . . how come Eldee's reasoning has shrunk this much?? A man employs the same shocking themes he always uses to get y'all wet between the legs . . . and you crown him "Lyricist" . . . one, shocking talk does not translate to being a lyricist . . . two, such talk has become boring . . .

Must I use a tennis racket to knock this into ya head??

Jeez . . . when folks gathered at the beginning of creation to drink from the fountain of wisdom, Eldee must have gargled.
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Genuflect(m): 6:07pm On Nov 05, 2009
Bamsyle, you won't let people be just because they think Em killed the cypher. You think BT killed the cypher and nobody's arguing with you. So why are you so keen on people changing their minds?
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Sauron1: 6:11pm On Nov 05, 2009
@ Eldee,

Make una take am easy before Lalaboi locks this thread.

Letz revisit BET CYPHA 2008. . . . .I think Jadakiss murdered his peers here.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S39sLkPy9N4&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 6:17pm On Nov 05, 2009
eldee:

You do know you started quoting me once you put in the word 'personal'.
Ambiguous?? Excuse me for assuming every NLer reading my post would come equipped with cognitive abilities strong enough to break down a simple argument.

I swung a "To Whom It May Concern" notice . . . and it got up ya arse . . . and rightfully so, you were arguing like a ship that was one wave short of a wreck . . .  tongue

I'll break it to you in a way even Ofoka will understand this. . . and that's as far as I'll go on this half of my argument.
Afrocynic made a very controversial statement that I felt the need to respond to.
'Ja Rule served him(Em) up nicely' . . . giving the Hailie Jade line as her reference.
My argument was simple and straightforward, just because he went personal . . . an opinion shared by Eminem himself doesn't mean he won the beef.

Shake ya antenna Eldee . . . you've got too many birds sittin' on it . . .

I'm on the Hov/Nas ish, not the Ja/Em one . . . you're yet to prove how Hov went more personal than Nas . . . just by claiming that he bleeped his wife??

Lap up that ish . . . that someone claims to have bleeped ya wife in a beef is nutin new any more in Hip Hop . . . a lotta folks would tell you Nas had more "personal hits" than Hov . . .

Folks who voted "Ether" over "Supa Ugly" had indices for voting . . . don't tell me "personal hits" wasn't one of them . . .

And about being Hov’s lawyer . . . that’s where you miss the whole point.
I  don’t follow artistes, I don’t need to take sides on topics like you.
Taking sides clouds your judgement from the beginning.

Who's talking about following artistes??

You're lumping things together . . . when you approach an issue, you need to make ya point and stick to it . . . 2+2 = 4 . . . all that talk about how Mathematicians decided it should be 4 instead of 3 or 5 is bullsh*t.
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2009
eldee:

Bullshit . . .
First you say others are Stans for saying something as simple as 'Em was better on the BET cypher'
Now I can't talk bout Em because I'm not his biggest fan??
Stop talking from both sides of your mouth.

Yeah I said it . . . but then I prefer holding debates with Stans to someone who does not like Eminem . . .

I like Eminem . . . you don't . . . so why are we even having this debate in the first place?? Do you care to know enough about Eminem to discuss him??

Bugger off Eldee . . . wait for a Kanye thread.

ritchboy:

Bamsyle
papoose scammed u, and many others. The term "ex-con" doesnt start with an "x". . .
you've failed your first assignment. . . WOEFULLY! cheesy
2nd assignment, who is the "best" rapper, D.O.A?

Hehehehe . . . look at this Agama lizard . . . somebody needs to remind you that we're discussing Rap, not Literature-In-English . . .

You know what?? You succeeded - I laughed . . .

But don't you think you need to take ya talent to the Jokes Section??

Genuflect:

Bamsyle, you won't let people be just because they think Em killed the cypher. You think BT killed the cypher and nobody's arguing with you. So why are you so keen on people changing their minds?

Hahaha, now you make me look like a troublemaker . . .

To each his own . . . I ain't tryna make peops clean off their tattoos . . . but I'm just defending ma points . . . just the same way y'all are defending yours.
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by DBR: 6:27pm On Nov 05, 2009
~Sauron~:

Opinions will always be polarised on Eminem. I accept that!!!
But to say people applaud him cos he spits crap is kinda ridiculous to me.
Over 80 million records sold and we are still here debating if he's crap or not?? Astounding!!!

This was how MTV saw the CYPHER

Mos Def started off the cypher introducing the three MCs and proclaiming that since they were in his hometown, "I gotta do this for Brooklyn." The Mighty Mos proceeded to shout out various blocks in the borough in his freestyle. Black Thought represented for Philly and completely blacked out. And Eminem brought up the rear and completely murdered it. Slim Shady blended the pill-popping, inane pop culture references and amazing lyrical talent that everyone was expecting from Rehab.

Yet again, the word "MURDERED" was used.
And there u go again, using sales as the yardstick.

Is Britney better than  Aguilera HELL NO, but she sold more.
stop TRYING to equate SALES with ABILITY.
Weezy /Souljah boy r as WACK as they come. But internet and how people can push music,
couple that with the fact that back in the day WHITE folks did NOTT buy HIP HOP like they do TODAY.
is the reason those dudes get a mention in same sentence wit d likes of Heav D, Rakim, LL, Kane, KRS, Chuck, Kool G Rap.

Goes further to prove lotta pple buy crap grin

MURDERED was the word used for Em'
ok, maybe but to me i see the COMPLETELY MURDERED IT for EM and
COMPLETELY BLACKED OUT for BT as mere interchangin synonyms, IMO.
It's easy to hastily rate Em better in that cypher, but goin tru d lines u posted,
any1 who could seperate lyricism from flow technicality and shock factor wld give BT the Nike.
oNe
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Sauron1: 6:38pm On Nov 05, 2009
DBR:

And there u go again, using sales as the yardstick.

Sales is acceptance and we are not talking about flash-in-a-pan schitzo here.
Eminem has consistently outsold his peers since he got into the lime-light while still keeping it REAL.
It's ridiculous a white boy has such dominance in an ART known to blacks.

Is Britney better than  Aguilera HELL NO, but she sold more.

Britney/Aguilera don't sing Reggae or Fuji.
They are where people of their types are. Eminem is doing a fucking cross-over in a highly competitive music genre.
Come on. . . . . .Give him his credits.

stop TRYING to equate SALES with ABILITY.

It shouldn't be the only yardstick but it still COUNTS when other things are EXCELLENT.

Weezy /Souljah boy r as WACK as they come. But internet and how people can push music,
couple that with the fact that back in the day WHITE folks did NOTT buy HIP HOP like they do TODAY.
is the reason those dudes get a mention in same sentence wit d likes of Heav D, Rakim, LL, Kane, KRS, Chuck, Kool G Rap.

Really?
Weezy/Souljah Boy mentioned in the same breath as Rakim, Kool G Rap and KRS-1?
I doubt it.

Goes further to prove lotta pple buy crap grin

U cannot sell 80 million records from 5 studio albums talking crap in a genre you shouldn't be in the first place?

MURDERED was the word used for Em'
ok, maybe but to me i see the COMPLETELY MURDERED IT for EM and
COMPLETELY BLACKED OUT for BT as mere interchangin synonyms, IMO.
It's easy to hastily rate Em better in that cypher, but goin tru d lines u posted,
any1 who could seperate lyricism from flow technicality and shock factor wld give BT the Nike.
oNe

BT was eons below Eminem in the CYPHER.
U can tell with the amount of ohhhhhs and ahhhhhhs he got dropping those lines.
It ain't hard to tell.
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 6:39pm On Nov 05, 2009
@DBR

Congrats . . . you did it again.

But don't worry - some folks don't get to understand some thangs until 24 hours or more later . . . such folks were born 2 days late . . . and they've been like that ever since . . .

Don't be discouraged . . . keep preachin' it.
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by ritchboy(m): 6:44pm On Nov 05, 2009
Bamsyle
i take ur silence on the alphabetical slaughter issue as ur way of accepting defeat cheesy
or do u still maintain papoose rapped in alphabetical order?

If anyone who says eminem is the best rapper doesnt know what he's saying, WHO IS THE BEST RAPPER? so we can compare and contrast. When we're done, i'll gladly help you wipe the egg on ur face cheesy
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 7:00pm On Nov 05, 2009
ritchboy:

Bamsyle
i take your silence on the alphabetical slaughter issue as your way of accepting defeat cheesy
or do u still maintain papoose rapped in alphabetical order?

Go up 5 posts above and read ma reply to ya poser again . . .

Oh, which tribe are you from?? Yoruba, Hausa, Ibo?? Do we need an interpreter here??

If anyone who says eminem is the best rapper doesnt know what he's saying, WHO IS THE BEST RAPPER? so we can compare and contrast. When we're done, i'll gladly help you wipe the egg on your face cheesy

When Rap is the issue, Eminem would be begging to lace Nas' shoes . . .

Ok, since y'all believe I hate Eminem, lemme take it to the extreme:

Flo-Rida is the best rapper alive . . .

Hey, don't kill yaself . . .  grin grin
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by ritchboy(m): 7:20pm On Nov 05, 2009
Bamsyle
u must be a world class idiot! So because we're not discussing literature, "ex-con" starts with the letter "x"? Admitting u got schooled is a better option than making a fool of urself, u know?

Nas is not a better lyricist than eminem, try again.
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by AfroCynic: 9:10pm On Nov 05, 2009
@Sauron, you like Jadakiss? Wow, so you're not just a fan of horror rap then? Lol. Jada is that dude, I love his freestyle sessions, he is in my top five, along with budden. Dude is Fiyaaah!
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Ibime(m): 9:46pm On Nov 05, 2009
When will nuccas stop arguing and start spitting?
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2009
@ritchboy

You must have fungi in that thing you call a brain . . .

Are you so daft?? Just when I thought I had seen the worst of imbeciles on Nairaland, a worse one comes out of the mental home . . .

Go check out the lyrics of all ya fave rappers . . . and come back here to tell me rap is strictly done in Queen's English . . . this guinea fowl has never heard of the term "poetic licence" . . .

Eminem better than Nas at lyrics?? I wonder how someone with a room-temperature IQ like you even manages to have access to the internet . . .

What do you use ya brain for?? To keep ya head from caving in??
Re: BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 10:41pm On Nov 05, 2009
Ibime:

When will nuccas stop arguing and start spitting?

When will a [i]wet[/i]cee stop "copying and pasting" and start penning/recording original lyrics??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Snoop Doggy Dogg Doggystyle Full Download. 1993 Zip / Da Grin If I Die Lyrics / Terry G's Album - Ginjah your Swaggah Season 1 Is Out!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.