Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) (51946 Views)

Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor / Is Ugu Farming This Useless? / Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Emempaul(m): 10:13pm On Dec 17, 2016
i ave 20 uguw pods for sale
price 1200 to 2000 depending of size
location ogun state but can b delivered to lagos
contact 08188860616
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Olatunde26: 1:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
You can make so much when you embark on dry season ugu farming. We have up to 200 large ugu pods for sale. This variety grows very fast and its leaves are broad. Based on management practices, you may start harvesting your ugu after 30 days. Kindly whatsapp or call me on 07037153550 (Tunde) or oderindeolufisayo@gmail.com

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by badmus54: 1:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
Plss am having problem with my ugwu farm my leaves are burning what d solution.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 10:27am On Dec 24, 2016
badmus54:
Plss am having problem with my ugwu farm my leaves are burning what d solution.

If the burnt patch is black in color, trim the affected leaves (very effective). U can also add baking soda to reduce the effect.

EJULA Farm..
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 10:30am On Dec 24, 2016
EJULA FARM is wishing you all a merry Christmas.

Be Inspired..

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by olaide68(m): 7:41pm On Dec 26, 2016
Ejulafarm:
EJULA FARM is wishing you all a merry Christmas.

Be Inspired..

merry xmas to all great farmers in the house
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Paulordiah(m): 10:07am On Dec 27, 2016
i have rain gun and sprinklers that is good for UGU, water leaf, okro, ewedu, soko, and tete please call 08130378328
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by olaide68(m): 7:30am On Dec 28, 2016
Paulordiah:
i have rain gun and sprinklers that is good for UGU, water leaf, okro, ewedu, soko, and tete please call 08130378328
can we see the sprinklers.what is the diameter range of those sprinklers?how much?people are in need of the sprinklers now that dry season is greatly affecting the crops.thanks.Can anyone tell me where to get plastic watering can in Lagos,Ijebu Ode,Ibadan or Abeokuta.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 8:35am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy New Year...

Believing the best for this year for us ALL

Ejula Farm
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by restored2016(m): 8:51am On Jan 03, 2017
Ejulafarm:
For the records, I am excited this thread is linking buyers to seller. The objective of helping the unemployed is looking real.

Okay I stated earlier I was done planting Phase C and here is the summary of it with pictures.

Phase C

Size: Approx. 150 sqm

Total seed planted: 430

It is important that I state that every single seed planted on Phase C, all 430, are already about germinating (divided seed- sign of germination). So I am expecting it to sprout within 7 days.

Now this is the lesson:

When you get seed in huge quantity, make sure the already cracked or divided seed are selected out and planted. Don't sun dry it since the embryo is already exposed.

The picture below is a snap shot that includes Phase B and C. You will notice 8 beds in all.

You may ask, why Bed?

For easy accountability and management in the shortest form.
I really like your spirit! if it were some i can do it all, will not allow any-other persons to connect with others in there tread. learning a lot. contact you soon, planning to plant Ugwu this dry season in a two acre land in Imo state. but i was considering using sack farming, for the retention of water in the sack soil for some time. whats your thought?
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by AKMoney1(m): 2:21pm On Jan 03, 2017
Ejulafarm:
Happy New Year...

Believing the best for this year for us ALL

Ejula Farm

Boss can we talk on whatsapp please?
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 11:34am On Jan 04, 2017
AKMoney1:

Boss can we talk on whatsapp please?

Send me a mail (check signature).. If what to be discussed will benefit others please lets address it in this thread...
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 11:47am On Jan 04, 2017
Market

Yes, it is the market season for Ugu. I guess most of you have noticed that the size of ugu being sold in the market is really small compared to what can be obtained doing the raining season.

There's this rumor that a lot of people have gone into the farm due to the recession. But from mine finding, we have more internet or virtual farmers than real farmers. The virtual farmers sing a lot of rhythms about farming. cool

Anyway, Farming a perennial crop like plantain is less risky, less demanding and to an extent have a better ROI than short span crops like Ugu and cucumber. This fact is not to deter anyone but to make the point clear that short span crops are really demanding (watering, weeding, application of fertilizers).

I went to the market to ascertain how Ugu is being sold and the findings was to an extent very encouraging. One thing is certain, demand is about 10 times more than the supply. But the crux of contention here is having a good bargaining power (Pricing)

I took some to the market yesterday and this morning and the orders keep coming in. The pricing was okay, or should I say very okay considering it is the first cut (Actually It has tiny leaves).

I sold a bunch for about #200. But with subsequent cut, it should command a price of #300 and above.

Note: A bigger bunch than the one I sold in the market (Not even a first cut) is just #100 doing the rainy season.

Be Inspired..

Ejula Farm
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by AKMoney1(m): 11:50am On Jan 04, 2017
Ejulafarm:

Send me a mail (check signature).. If what to be discussed will benefit others please lets address it in this thread...

Its kinda personal... Check your email sir
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 11:52am On Jan 04, 2017
restored2016:
I really like your spirit! if it were some i can do it all, will not allow any-other persons to connect with others in there tread. learning a lot. contact you soon, planning to plant Ugwu this dry season in a two acre land in Imo state. but i was considering using sack farming, for the retention of water in the sack soil for some time. whats your thought?

Have not tried sack farming before but from my findings it is very good in retaining water for the plant root. If you have the resources do both sack and use up a little portion of a land. Then compare the results. I may do sack farming but in very little quantity.

Make sure you have the needed workforce for 2 acres. My advice. Ugu is more demanding than a tree crop

Be Inspired.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 11:56am On Jan 04, 2017
Challenges

WORKFORCE! WORKFORCE!! TECHNOLOGY!!!

Technology helps to reduce total needed man hours. Weeding have been a major issue followed by watering.

I'm seriously reconsidering increasing the farmlands.

Any input or advice will be appreciate. Let's talk this. Presently reading on effective farm management, hoping to finish soon and apply some techniques learned.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Firefire(m): 11:58am On Jan 04, 2017
Ejulafarm:
Market

Yes, it is the market season for Ugu. I guess most of you have noticed that the size of ugu being sold in the market is really small compared to what can be obtained doing the raining season.

There's this rumor that a lot of people have gone into the farm due to the recession. But from mine finding, we have more internet or virtual farmers than real farmers. The virtual farmers sing a lot of rhythms about farming. cool

Anyway, Farming a perennial crop like plantain is less risky, less demanding and to an extent have a better ROI than short span crops like Ugu and cucumber. This fact is not to deter anyone but to make the point clear that short span crops are really demanding (watering, weeding, application of fertilizers).

I went to the market to ascertain how Ugu is being sold and the findings was to an extent very encouraging. One thing is certain, demand is about 10 times more than the supply. But the crux of contention here is having a good bargaining power (Pricing)

I took some to the market yesterday and this morning and the orders keep coming in. The pricing was okay, or should I say very okay considering it is the first cut (Actually It has tiny leaves).

I sold a bunch for about #200. But with subsequent cut, it should command a price of #300 and above.

Note: A bigger bunch than the one I sold in the market (Not even a first cut) is just #100 doing the rainy season.

Be Inspired..

Ejula Farm

Please share pictures of your bunch, and when is the right time to harvest the Ugu Leaves?

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
Firefire:

Please share pictures of your bunch, and when is the right time to harvest the Ugu Leaves?

Thanks in anticipation.

The bunch attached, commands a price #300 naira (the leaves should not be tiny)...

I realize the market aim to make 3X the amount they bought it for.

The Pics attached have a market value of about #600-800

Market location: Agbara..

The price should be about #400-#500 in the mainland like mushin, barracks. Generally places with less farms.

Agbara and surrounding have a lot of surrounding farms..

Be Inspired...

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Firefire(m): 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2017
Ejulafarm:

The bunch attached, commands a price #300 naira (the leaves should not be tiny)...

I realize the market aim to make 3X the amount they bought it for.

The Pics attached have a market value of about #600-800

Market location: Agbara..

The price should be about #400-#500 in the mainland like mushin, barracks. Generally places with less farms.

Agbara and surrounding have a lot of surrounding farms..

Be Inspired...

Thanks a lot.

I can see the size of the leaves.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by youngzoologist: 3:32pm On Jan 04, 2017
Hello Ejula...happy new year...i'm glad we all made it into the new year...please I like to find out few things for the benefit of others as well....
1.how did you measure your bunch....can it be measured in kilogram.....
2. Did you use organic throughout or inorganic...kindly state....I will appreciate...I've been using king humus but is pretty expensive....I need your thought on it....
3. Is it true that their is a particular way of cutting the leaves?....I will aprc8 your responds
Below is the progress on the farm....NB: this are early last month images....I shall upload most recent one soon....
Thanks

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by AKMoney1(m): 7:57pm On Jan 04, 2017
youngzoologist:
Hello Ejula...happy new year...i'm glad we all made it into the new year...please I like to find out few things for the benefit of others as well....
2. Did you use organic throughout or inorganic...kindly state....I will appreciate...I've been using king humus but is pretty expensive....I need your thought on it....
3. Is it true that their is a particular way of cutting the leaves?....I will aprc8 your responds
Below is the progress on the farm....NB: this are early last month images....I shall upload most recent one soon....
Thanks

Please how do you water your farm and what's the purpose of those ropes?
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 9:01pm On Jan 04, 2017
youngzoologist:
Thanks

I am glad of your progress. More power to your elbow.

As regard the measurement I pasted a picture on this thread. Please note that the pricing of this bunch varies with location.

As pertaining organic or inorganic, please use the cost effective one. The market women from our discussion are only concerned with broad leaves. You are in this business for profit.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 3:44pm On Jan 05, 2017
EJULAFARM.COM is Live!

Though the domain have been registered for a while, I have not be chanced to add contents to the site as it pertains to professional website tenets.

But I am happy to say that it is up and running now.

It promises to be educative since I intend to make educative post on the website. So do check the blog out as often as you can. http://ejulafarm.com/blog/

The Website will also work side by side with this thread on Nairaland.

Ejulafarm.com aims to act as an informative hub and a point of contact for agribusiness opportunities.

Be Inspired..

Best Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 3:48pm On Jan 05, 2017
Ugu Pricing...

My Recent findings: The bunch of Ugu I sell actually weighs about 1Kg and the price is tag at #300.

Do note the pricing is relative based on location.

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by youngzoologist: 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
My brother thanks for your reply....I hope to share documented experiences too after harvest...thanks for your good works
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by youngzoologist: 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2017
As a beginner I tried ensuring all best methods I can adopt to get it right cos its a group project...the rope was just to help determined where we planted the seed. Its an hectare farm land.
Currently, we adopted a manual irrigation method using the PVC with hose pipe

AKMoney1:

Please how do you water your farm and what's the purpose of those ropes?
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by restored2016(m): 2:26am On Jan 06, 2017
Ejulafarm:

Have not tried sack farming before but from my findings it is very good in retaining water for the plant root. If you have the resources do both sack and use up a little portion of a land. Then compare the results. I may do sack farming but in very little quantity.

Make sure you have the needed workforce for 2 acres. My advice. Ugu is more demanding than a tree crop

Be Inspired.
Thanks i tried sack farming and land farming with con-cumber! those on the sack grew better than those on soil.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by juuvi: 8:20am On Jan 06, 2017
@Ejulafarm...Sir I am about to lease a hectare of land for ugu farming. As an expert farmer how much in Nairaland do you think I will need to plant on an entire hectare. Its government land and not fenced. I just need a rough estimate.
God bless
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by AKMoney1(m): 10:58am On Jan 06, 2017
youngzoologist:
As a beginner I tried ensuring all best methods I can adopt to get it right cos its a group project...the rope was just to help determined where we planted the seed. Its an hectare farm land.
Currently, we adopted a manual irrigation method using the PVC with hose pipe

Please share the pix of the PVC with hose pipe. Thanks
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by youngzoologist: 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2017
Check my signature or visit www.Facebook.com/agrowealthng
AKMoney1:

Please share the pix of the PVC with hose pipe. Thanks
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2017
restored2016:
Thanks i tried sack farming and land farming with con-cumber! those on the sack grew better than those on soil.

Thanks for the feedback. Not surprised with the result cos of water retention capacity
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 5:50pm On Jan 06, 2017
juuvi:
@Ejulafarm...Sir I am about to lease a hectare of land for ugu farming. As an expert farmer how much in Nairaland do you think I will need to plant on an entire hectare. Its government land and not fenced. I just need a rough estimate.
God bless

With Ideal spacing, you need a total of 10,000 seeds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Shows Off The Big Cassava She Harvested (Photos) / Some Popular Species Of Chickens We Eat In Nigeria [PHOTOS] / The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.