Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement (5282 Views)

I Am Scared My Girlfriend Could Be A Lesbian / Why Are Guys So Scared Of Dating Students? / I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by Oahray: 7:15am On Nov 03, 2016
Yes, you truly are sounding like an educated illiterate. No offense. How many corpers have you heard of that got eaten in Cross-Rivers?

If your friends and family are Nigerians, you should know Nigerians by now. Only your own state and tribe is ever good. Other people are witches and cannibals.

Just be security conscious (even in your own state) and mind the roads. Nobody is going to eat you, unless you are talking sexuality. I guess you aren't scared of that.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 03, 2016
Zceesneh:
age isn't maturity, how old are u? U believe people still kill and eat their follow human being in 2016? Samba!
This isn't about age or maturity
Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 03, 2016
ZeeAfrica:
Cant wait to eat u. Am sooo hungry even. Wat spice or soup is yo favourite? Becoz i need to prepare de soup m gona cook u in
grin see this one
Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 03, 2016
Akanbibabatunde:
Another meat for calabar people cheesy cheesy D
Baby, be scared cus they eat my friend last week and even sent his head home for burial arrangement cry cryrip friend
undecided undecided
Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by Akanbibabatunde(m): 8:00am On Nov 03, 2016
classicB:

undecided undecided
wat?? Best you don't go... Those people can eat you raw...especially if you are light skinned... Do you have a nice blossom?? If yes, they eat you from the garage... cheesy
Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 03, 2016
Akanbibabatunde:
wat?? Best you don't go... Those people can eat you raw...especially if you are light skinned... Do you have a nice blossom?? If yes, they eat you from the garage... cheesy
What is blossom? Isn't that supposed to be flower undecided I am not here for comments like yours
Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 03, 2016
classicB:

This isn't about age or maturity
lols, i hope meat dey ur body, fresh meat for that matter, we don't joke with human meat kiss

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by Akanbibabatunde(m): 8:13am On Nov 03, 2016
classicB:

What is blossom? Isn't that supposed to be flower undecided I am not here for comments like yours
its best you heed to my warnings, eating people is real... I can testify... Peace wink
Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by tosyne2much(m): 8:40am On Nov 03, 2016
I won't advise you go there pls.. That was how my friend was murderead and eaten last week by a vigilante group

Sometimes, I wonder the kinds of graduates we are churning out in Nigeria. One of the reasons why we remain backward in this part of the nation. SMH

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by firstking01(m): 8:52am On Nov 03, 2016
classicB:
I know this isn't related to romance so a MOD can help put it in the right place. Thanks
I am going for service by the end of this month and should I say unfortunately I Chose cross-river state and since then people have been asking me why? Now I blame myself. People tell me they eat human beings there and they are not ashamed of it cry my mum was really angry when I first told her, I can't blame her tho she has been there before and she said its only one way that leads to the city and d road is bad. Where was I when my friends were choosing akwa ibom Someone just said the same thing this night. She was like "why cross-river? They openly eat stranger in a certain part of the state without hiding it" I am even more scared now. I hope I don't get posted there by God's grace embarassed I picked Rivers state as one of the state visited and it's also in S.S like cross-river, this is the only hope I have. Abuja is jam-packed I might not be posted there, I pray with God's help I get posted to Kano or Abuja. It might look like am talking like an educated illiterate but I am scared and I need positive words about cross-river and some other corpers that are currently serving there can encourage me also, and if you served there pls I need you. How visible is it to redeploy for singles like me? I don't have any health issues cry you can insult me all u want cos I trust my NL people, I am just a girl that is officially going out of her shell for the first time. Lalasticlala pls I need this on FP to get more views and response. And if you're having a second thought about the states that u chose just like me, we can help rub minds together.
Rubbish, nonsense...what a jerky fluke you areundecided…gerrarahia mehnundecided
Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by jmoore(m): 8:56am On Nov 03, 2016
You don't need any encouragement.

You need this....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by Lsofdk(m): 9:02am On Nov 03, 2016
classicB:

you really expect people to take you serious.

you've an option of redeploying after camp, or perhaps you're afraid they will eat you in camp
Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by general111(m): 9:50am On Nov 03, 2016
I stay in cross river state,and I can tell you that all you need is money for enjoyment.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by chris2face(m): 10:09am On Nov 03, 2016
doctimonyeka:
Don't be scared.. Have been to calabar and what you wrote about cross rivers aint totally true though.. Am also going for nysc by month ending by God's grace..just be prayerful.. You might encounter destiny over there my friend.. Just take it to God in prayer... God bless you...
Well said bruh good luck guys

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by Warhawk(m): 10:10am On Nov 03, 2016
Zceesneh:
lols, i hope meat dey ur body, fresh meat for that matter, we don't joke with human meat kiss
we go use am cook afang soup.. :p

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by edetty(m): 11:04am On Nov 03, 2016
classicB:
I know this isn't related to romance so a MOD can help put it in the right place. Thanks
I am going for service by the end of this month and should I say unfortunately I Chose cross-river state and since then people have been asking me why? Now I blame myself. People tell me they eat human beings there and they are not ashamed of it cry my mum was really angry when I first told her, I can't blame her tho she has been there before and she said its only one way that leads to the city and d road is bad. Where was I when my friends were choosing akwa ibom Someone just said the same thing this night. She was like "why cross-river? They openly eat stranger in a certain part of the state without hiding it" I am even more scared now. I hope I don't get posted there by God's grace embarassed I picked Rivers state as one of the state visited and it's also in S.S like cross-river, this is the only hope I have. Abuja is jam-packed I might not be posted there, I pray with God's help I get posted to Kano or Abuja. It might look like am talking like an educated illiterate but I am scared and I need positive words about cross-river and some other corpers that are currently serving there can encourage me also, and if you served there pls I need you. How visible is it to redeploy for singles like me? I don't have any health issues cry you can insult me all u want cos I trust my NL people, I am just a girl that is officially going out of her shell for the first time. Lalasticlala pls I need this on FP to get more views and response. And if you're having a second thought about the states that u chose just like me, we can help rub minds together.

Cannibalism was once a common practice in most parts of south southern Nigeria,until prolly few years ago,,i heard of such stories while growing up because am from akwa ibom state,and we were created from old cross river state,,and i also schooled at university of Calabar,also going for service this month too,so wat u heard is both prehistoric truth and not so anymore today,,save for a very tiny community who might still do so during festivities,dont have proof,, only lame claims,buh as for service in Cross river,,its far better than most part of south south (except akwa ibom),,,rivers is worse as port Harcourt is basically the most civilised community in that state,,and the rest,,mehn i cant even phantom so dont be too optimistic abt Rivers and pessimistic about Cross River,,here is a recent incident involving female corpers in rivers http://dailypost.ng/2016/10/22/nysc-female-corps-members-narrate-gunmen-robbed-raped-rivers/,,, open the link,,,,,,,cross river people are hospitable,,and like anywhere in the world,,watch who u rap with,walk with and be security conscious,, every place has both its good and bad sides
Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 03, 2016
Warhawk:
we go use am cook afang soup.. :p
she go sweet die
Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by Warhawk(m): 11:29am On Nov 03, 2016
Zceesneh:
she go sweet die
i am salivating already.....
Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by Pido9(m): 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2016
That's not true. I am from. Delta state but hv lived in CRS for years. The state is peaceful and lovely. I hv all my investments here in the state. Call me anytime u want to come. I am Dcn. Curtis Akpos. Cel. Number.07033791805

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by LorDBolton(m): 1:13pm On Nov 03, 2016
Dunno bout calabar but a friend who served @ ebonyi claimed some locals warned him about certain places & to always wear his Corper vest/cap in the evenings when strolling.

Let's just say in a particular village they'll say it's dog meat, but that oily sticky meat ain't dog! lipsrsealed

In btw even in the south west there r cannibals or has anyone forgotten the human abattoir they busted early dis year...
Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 03, 2016
All I will say is that Calabar men are VICIOUS. If you upset them in any way, they will turn on you like a rabid beast. Don't let them fool you by saying they are "ibibio". They are just Calabar wolves dressed up. Fear dem o! cry
Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by Deelaw(m): 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2016
Hmmm...

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by Suurulere(m): 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2016
www.historyvilleng.com/2016/05/05/25-scintillating-facts-about-cross-river-state/

Read more about Cross River from the link above... I spent 353 days there as a corps member. Served in Calabar Municipality. You will really enjoy it.. Most importantly, I visited 12 of her 18 Local Governments... I wish you goodluck. Enjoy the People's Paradise..

classicB:
Re: I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement by ButterFrost212(f): 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2016
My dear don't let people scare you. This was exactly how people had stupid stories to tell about kwara state, I was scared to death, I was so sure I was going to redeploy, but I went to camp, had mad ass fun and ended up serving there. Nobody kidnapped me, used me for ritual or murdered me for no reason... The stories would come, and you would want to stick with the negative ones because you've never been there before, and going to a distant strange land is already scary, so you'll entertain the "they eat people" gist.

Two of my friends served in in calabar, and they never complained about anything asides for the cost of living. Also two of my friend are from there and they're such nice people. So don't beat yourself up. In the end you might get posted to another state, after all you chose four states. I just hope that whichever state you find yourself in, you'll choose to see the best and make good use of the opportunity of being young in a state with so much potentials for young people, especially as a corp member.

Goodluck dear!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reason Why You Should Marry On Time / What Would You Do If A Lady You Are Wooing Does This? / I Am Close To Commiting Adultery: Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.