Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

NBA Season 2010/11 - Sports (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA Season 2010/11 (81259 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / Nba Season '08/09 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2010
A-40, oga you would be erring to put any trust in the Mavs oh! lol. As long as they have the current roster with Dirk leading the way, una no go smell anything beyond Rd 2 in the playoffs. Same as Tony Romo leading the Cowboys. Some people are winners and some people are not  grin

Chiogo, small deal jare. We win some, we'll lose some.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 7:09pm On Nov 09, 2010
@Chiogo
Shyte happens.

@Jesoul
It is easy for you to talk when you have KG,Pierce and Ray Ray on one team. How successful where they in isolation? Did any of them even sniff the NBA finals while leading their teams?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 7:50pm On Nov 09, 2010
^We are saying the same thing. I said this current roster cannot win - if ya'll make some solid additions, including a better-than-Dirk player, then the bling is your limit.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 7:59pm On Nov 09, 2010
Its not that easy mehn! Trades like Gasol's dont come everyday. And when you talk of players better than Dirk i can hardly count 5! At least offensively
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2010
A-40:

Its not that easy mehn! Trades like Gasol's dont come everyday. And when you talk of players better than Dirk i can hardly count 5! At least offensively
A-40 you have come again oh grin Say after me, "Dirk is over-rated". He just does not have the cohones. Teams like LA and Celtics needed the addition of other veterans to pad the roster - Dirk's own is different, to me, Dallas cannot win with him as the top-gun - you need another top-gun and for Dirk to ride shotgun.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 10:05pm On Nov 09, 2010
A-40:

stop it, you are asking for my wahala again.

speaking soley on offense.

Kobe
lebron
dwayne wade
monta ellis
CP3
carmelo
kevin martin

etc are more trusted on offense (with less choking by the way) . and we haven't gotten to all around players yet o.

i might need microsoft excel in order to finish up this list.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 6:30am On Nov 10, 2010
JeSoul:

A-40, oga you would be erring to put any trust in the Mavs oh! lol. As long as they have the current roster with Dirk leading the way, una no go smell anything beyond Rd 2 in the playoffs. Same as Tony Romo leading the Cowboys. Some people are winners and some people are not  grin

Chiogo, small deal jare. We win some, we'll lose some.
LMAO, this one na curse. grin
I wasn't stressed by that game, it was a good game besides they beat OKC the day before, it's not easy playing back-to-back.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 4:49pm On Nov 10, 2010
chiogo:

LMAO, this one na curse. grin
I wasn't stressed by that game, it was a good game besides they beat OKC the day before, it's not easy playing back-to-back.

especially when your team is filled with washed up vets
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2010
bawomolo:

especially when your team is filled with washed up vets
Mehn, dis guy is severely schizophrenic grin

bawomolo:

rondo is overrated and wouldn't be able to run a team without the help of an aging but still elite supporting case. . .
rondo takes shots around the rim and shies away from jump shots. i would be efficient too with 3 HOF'ers on my team.

grin grin oga pick one story now and stick to it grin body dey scratch you so? grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 5:44pm On Nov 10, 2010
JeSoul:

Mehn, dis guy is severely schizophrenic  grin

grin  grin oga pick one story now and stick to it  grin  body dey scratch you so?  grin

ok shaq is the only one washed up. the others would follow soon  cheesy

who says HOF'ers can't be washed up?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 5:16am On Nov 11, 2010
JeSoul:

Mehn, dis guy is severely schizophrenic grin

grin grin oga pick one story now and stick to it grin body dey scratch you so? grin
Truth be told, when has Bawo ever been sane? tongue grin. Or Is it not the same dude that labelled Rose as the next best thing since Jordansliced bread?

JeSoul:

ehm, small korrection: i am always intoxicated when i make any statement
Methinks he suffers from severe Amnesia.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 6:07pm On Nov 11, 2010
^ grin

Boston in Miami tonight for a rematch of opening night . . . I know the Heat don vex and will really bring it tonight. Hope the few days off have done wonders to our old knees grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 7:02pm On Nov 11, 2010
^^ LOL abi oo, old knees. copyright Bawo.

bawomolo:

ok shaq is the only one washed up. the others would follow soon  cheesy

who says HOF'ers can't be washed up?

You know the funny thing about you dissing the Celtics is that you actually pay us attention. Nobody cares enough about the bullshit[i]s[/i] to talk about 'em. Y'all barely exist. grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 7:29pm On Nov 11, 2010
chic2pimp:

Truth be told, when has Bawo ever been sane? tongue grin. Or Is it not the same dude that labelled Rose as the next best thing since Jordansliced bread?

Isn't he  cheesy.

chiogo:

You know the funny thing about you dissing the Celtics is that you actually pay us attention. Nobody cares enough about the bullshit[i]s[/i] to talk about 'em. Y'all barely exist.  grin

puhlease,   espn loves derrick rose and joakim noah. derrick rose highlights coming to a sportscenter near you cool

wait till boozer comes back and gave over
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 7:53pm On Nov 11, 2010
^Carlos Boozer is not a game/playoff changer jor, you berra lose that pipe dream before its too late. We already tried to warn you about Cutler and you didn't listen then  grin

And btw, see Joking Noah calling Garnett "mean" and "ugly"  grin  this guy has no respect for his elders.
"I had his poster in my room," Noah said. "I used to wear his jersey. And the truth is my rookie year, I was in admiration of this guy, and he kind of shut me down.
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5789761

. . . awww, somwun had his feewings hurt  grin does he think the NBA will be like his stint on Barney & friends or the Care Bears? where everyone's singing kumbaya? these chicago malus sha  grin Joker thinks they have a "rivalry" with the storied franchise with the most championships . . . children of nowadays with no home training that don't know their place at the bottom of the barrel  grin Man up or sharrap up jor, if you want respect - EARN IT! instead of whining like a crybaby diva. Bawo what the heck is going on over there? is the weed supply running low? grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 9:12pm On Nov 11, 2010
joakim noah has earned his respect this season. one of the best hustle players in the league. KG can't bully him around.

carlos boozer and rose should be a great combo cool
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 2:01am On Nov 12, 2010
JeSoul:

And btw, see Joking Noah calling Garnett "mean" and "ugly"  grin  this guy has no respect for his elders.
. . . awww, somwun had his feewings hurt  grin does he think the NBA will be like his stint on Barney & friends or the Care Bears? where everyone's singing kumbaya? these chicago malus sha  grin Joker thinks they have a "rivalry" with the storied franchise with the most championships . . . children of nowadays with no home training that don't know their place at the bottom of the barrel  grin Man up or sharrap up jor, if you want respect - EARN IT! instead of whining like a crybaby diva. Bawo what the heck is going on over there? is the weed supply running low? grin
LMAO, JeSoul, you won't kill me with laughter. Chai!! Right on point, girl.

eww, joakim noah. . .that guy undecided tongue

bawomolo:

joakim noah has earned his respect this season. one of the best hustle players in the league. KG can't bully him around.

carlos boozer and rose should be a great combo cool
Yea, like Rose and D. Wade woulda been a great combo. Such things only happen in your dreams. embarassed
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 2:52am On Nov 12, 2010
^^^ yeye woman, holla back when rondo can average more than 10 points a game. overrated jason kidd wannabe lipsrsealed

a franchise with 6 championship rings in the last 20 years is far from bottom of the barrel. haters gonna hate.

you guys won one championship in like 20 years and we no go rest since then  tongue
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2010
Why aren't you people rejoicing with Chiogo and I now?  grin
I know the Celtics will take tonight off against GS though lol, these guys only show up ready for the big teams.

Bawo, Chicago isn't bottom of the barrell - but Joker Noah is. When he actually makes an All-Star team or two you can come back and try again  grin

This week in posterized: [flash=500,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr-fq6P_DE8?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/flash]

wow, Christiana Bosh really makes an effort to play defense huh
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2010
JeSoul:

A-40 you have come again oh grin Say after me, "Dirk is over-rated". He just does not have the cohones. Teams like LA and Celtics needed the addition of other veterans to pad the roster - Dirk's own is different, to me, Dallas cannot win with him as the top-gun - you need another top-gun and for Dirk to ride shotgun.
Who over-rates him?? He is even under-rated sef!! As a white European he has had to work for every ounce of respect he's got!! Go and check his averages over the last 10 seasons and tell me how many players have been more consistent!! You are still yet to tell me what K.G,Ray-Ray and Paul Pierce have achieved in isolation

bawomolo:

stop it, you are asking for my wahala again.

speaking soley on offense.

Kobe
lebron
dwayne wade

monta ellis
CP3
carmelo
kevin martin

etc are more trusted on offense (with less choking by the way) . and we haven't gotten to all around players yet o.

i might need microsoft excel in order to finish up this list.
See this delinquent nucca! Save for the highlighted the rest you typed clearly highlights your ignorance on basketball matters! CP3?? Monta Ellis?? Why not Ben Wallace? Maga!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2010
A-40:

Who over-rates him?? He is even under-rated sef!! As a white European he has had to work for every ounce of respect he's got!! Go and check his averages over the last 10 seasons and tell me how many players have been more consistent!! You are still yet to tell me what K.G,Ray-Ray and Paul Pierce have achieved in isolation

KG and Ray Ray were certified HOF'ers before they joined the celtics. are you trying to tell me dirk was better than KG in his prime before the knee issues? check yourself before you wreck your self. KG has always been a better defender and rebounder than dirt nowinski.

See this delinquent nucca! Save for the highlighted the rest you typed clearly highlights your ignorance on basketball matters! CP3?? Monta Ellis?? Why not Ben Wallace? Maga!

what GM won't take carmelo over dirk? and i thought i was biased when it comes to chicago players.

the same dirk that lost to the golden state warriors in the first round is shacking you now.

jesoul - noah is a certified all-star this year. i would donate 100 dollars to the republican party if he doesn't make the all-star team cheesy
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2010
bawomolo:

KG and Ray Ray were certified HOF'ers before they joined the celtics. are you trying to tell me dirk was better than KG in his prime before the knee issues? check yourself before you wreck your self. KG has always been a better defender and rebounder than dirt nowinski.

what GM won't take carmelo over dirk? and i thought i was biased when it comes to chicago players.

the same dirk that lost to the golden state warriors in the first round is shacking you now.

jesoul - noah is a certified all-star this year. i would donate 100 dollars to the republican party if he doesn't make the all-star team cheesy

So is Dirk not a certified HOF'er or are you smoking uhh-wee?? The question is what did K.G AND Ray Ray win in isolation or do you not understand English during the daytime??

Carmelo is younger try again

K.G only led the T.Wolves to a conference final once Ray Ray never managed that
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2010
A-40:

So is Dirk not a certified HOF'er or are you smoking uhh-wee??

you mean the german basketball hall of fame  cheesy
dirk is definitely not a first ballot hall of famer.

The question is what did K.G AND Ray Ray win in isolation or do you not understand English during the daytime??

KG got to the western conference finals with less talent than dirk ever had. who has KG had besides sprewell and cassell (before joining the celtics)

Carmelo is younger try again

you forget would have a better prime than dirk.  so why is dirk such a poor rebounder for someone his size. is he because he is soft or can't get physical in the paint like a marcus camby or paul milsap?

one more thing, kevin durant already has a better offensive arsenal than dirt nowinski
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 8:03pm On Nov 12, 2010
^^
A one-time league MVP and 10-time allstar player wont make the HOF? Sometimes i wonder why i even bother with you.

Mugu! If you no sabi b/ball come make i teach you! Sprewell was already a star in the Knicks run to the Nba Finals and a playoff veteran. Cassell had two rings to his name! Please post their scoring averages and let the world witness your ignorance

Why not compare him to players playing similar positions? Mumu like Bawo would soon start comparing Lebron's offensive arsenal to Tim Duncan's! I have asked you to scour round the league and give me 5 players that have outscored Dirk over the last 8-10 years on a consistent basis

Everyone cant be Dwight Howard plus if you have been paying attention at all you would observe that Dirk is by far our best rebounder averaging 8-10 per game
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 1:58am On Nov 13, 2010
A-40:

^^
A one-time league MVP and 10-time allstar player wont make the HOF? Sometimes i wonder why i even bother with you.

dirk isn't a first ballot hall of famer.  he would get in after a couple of tries.   hall of fame and not the hall of very good.

Mugu! If you no sabi b/ball come make i teach you! Sprewell was already a star in the Knicks run to the Nba Finals and a playoff veteran. Cassell had two rings to his name! Please post their scoring averages and let the world witness your ignorance

silly goat, were they in their prime? what happened to sprewell after a refused a contract with the wolves? that's right, out of the league.  KG was surrounded with talent for like 2-3 seasons.

Why not compare him to players playing similar positions? Mumu like Bawo would soon start comparing Lebron's offensive arsenal to Tim Duncan's! I have asked you to scour round the league and give me 5 players that have outscored Dirk over the last 8-10 years on a consistent basis

you never said they had to be playing the same position.   i would take prime TD, KG, amare, pau gasol over  prime dirk. 

Everyone cant be Dwight Howard plus if you have been paying attention at all you would observe that Dirk is by far our best rebounder averaging 8-10 per game

why can't he average more for a 7 footer? are boozer and milsap huge men? dirk is softie in the paint next to chris bosh. the only thing dirk gets credit for is expanding the shooting range of power forwards ala european bigs
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 6:29am On Nov 13, 2010
First you say he wouldn't make the HOF now you say he would make it but won't make the Hall of Very Good! Of a truth bawomolo must be retarded

They where not in their prime yet K.G,Sprewell and Cassell where the highest scoring trio in that league with Cassell having his best season! So good he made the all-star game and the all-NBA team for the only time in his career. You are an imbec.ile!!!

Please tell me how players playing different positions can have the same offensive arsenal? Does Dwight Howard and Kobe have the same offensive arsenal? Bomb dey your head! Mugu

Of all those you listed only T.D is miles ahead of Dirk! K.G is at par with him and only a potential psychiatric patient like bawo would name a Gasol that could not win a series at Memphis and an inconsistent Amare ahead of Dirk
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 3:25am On Nov 14, 2010
A-40:

Of all those you listed only T.D is miles ahead of Dirk! K.G is at par with him and only a potential psychiatric patient like bawo would name a Gasol that could not win a series at Memphis and an inconsistent Amare ahead of Dirk

Dirk at par with K.G? Na wa oooo. Each to their own sha.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 4:07am On Nov 14, 2010
A-40:

First you say he wouldn't make the HOF now you say he would make it but won't make the Hall of Very Good! Of a truth bawomolo must be retarded

learn to read i said not a first ballot hall of famer twice.  time to get your eyes checked.

the hall of very good comment was not in reference to dirk.  guys like dominique wilkins didn't get in on first ballot. 
making multiple all-star teams doesn't assure you of the HOF

They where not in their prime yet K.G,Sprewell and Cassell where the highest scoring trio in that league with Cassell having his best season! So good he made the all-star game and the all-NBA team for the only time in his career. You are an imbec.ile!!!

was sprewell in his prime? how many good years did they get with sam cassell? he made one all-star team and you call that his prime? we obviously saw a different cassell. the cassell that played in milwaukee was better

Please tell me how players playing different positions can have the same offensive arsenal? Does Dwight Howard and Kobe have the same offensive arsenal? Bomb dey your head! Mugu

offensive arsenal as in shooting stroke, ball handling, vision, positioning.    there is a reason players like magic johnson, scottie pippen and lebron james could play multiple positions.  their offensive and/or defensive talents were versatile.   

ever heard of tweeners who could play guard and forward.  you might want to go take basketball 101.

you are crazy.  KG at par with dirk is hilarious.   Dirk exemplifies the soft jump shot taking european big man with KG being the opposite.  i would take Gasol considering he is a better defender, ball handler and rebounder who is still a stud on offense. 

inconsistent amare?  when has amare being inconsistent.   the knock on amare has always being his rebounding and defense.

chic2pimp:

Dirk at par with K.G? Na wa oooo. Each to their own sha.

what would we not hear.  forwards do not play defense or rebound effectively in A-40's world
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 4:44am On Nov 14, 2010
bawomolo:

what would we not hear. forwards do not play defense or rebound effectively in A-40's world
Oh boy I had to rub my eyes twice and re read that statement again. Me thinks he is letting his loff of all things Dallas cloud his Judgement.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 7:28am On Nov 14, 2010
speaking of forwards, kevin love had 30 pts and 30 rebounds against amare. ouch
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 9:47am On Nov 14, 2010
@chic2pimp
Get back to me on K.G when he leads a team comprising 2nd year PG like Devin Harris and a center like Desagana Diop to within two games of a ring

@Bawomolo
Shut yuh sewer-smelling trap! Didn't you say german basketball hall of fame! After getting found out you come dey yarn megedefegede. So a league MVP,10 time all-star,4 time all nba first teamer (10 times overall) won't make the ballot? I must be arguing with a silverback ape! A retarded one at that

So what was Spree's scoring scoring average in his prime? He averaged approx 20pts per game that season and was part of a league top scoring trio!
A player has his best season in his professional career and you are asking me if he was in his prime? The money spent on your education shoulda been wedged between a stripper's buttcheeks at Sue's rendezvous or a gentleman's club near you

Bomb truly dey your head! You say Dirk aint versatile yet he has been known to play all three frontcourt positions! He even played point forward when Don Nelson was in charge.
Besides how can a 7footer have a complete repertoire of those skills! Even Derrick Rose a PG does not have that. Plus you have still not shown me those 5 players that have bettered Dirk over the last 8-10 years scoring-wise.
You cant school me on hoops I was watching it when you where crapping in your pampers

Save for the ring I don't see any other thing that sets him apart from Dirk! K.G that is! He is a better defender and Dirk is a better scorer.
People can chat all they want but the fact on ground shows that K.G woulda retired ring-less without Allen & Pierce while Dirk came two games shy of winning it all with chumps like Desagana Diop and Devin Harris (he was a chump then)

Gasol ma pitch-black a$$! He was so good he could not win a playoff game at Memphis never mind a series now he is playing with the best player in the world and best coach as well and all of a sudden he is better than Dirk

Let's see how Amare goes with the Knicks. Amare ko Emere ni
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 7:07pm On Nov 14, 2010
A-40:

@chic2pimp
Get back to me on K.G when he leads a team comprising 2nd year PG like Devin Harris and a center like Desagana Diop to within two games of a ring

you do know devin harris was a star at wisconsin right. he was no slouch as a lottery draft pick.

@Bawomolo
Shut yuh sewer-smelling trap! Didn't you say german basketball hall of fame! After getting found out you come dey yarn megedefegede. So a league MVP,10 time all-star,4 time all nba first teamer (10 times overall) won't make the ballot? I must be arguing with a silverback ape! A retarded one at that

go read up on the HOF voting system. not all HOF'er made it on first ballot.
did dominique wilkins make it on first ballot or are you saying dirk is better than dominique? sit your butt down.

So what was Spree's scoring scoring average in his prime? He averaged approx 20pts per game that season and was part of a league top scoring trio!
A player has his best season in his professional career and you are asking me if he was in his prime? The money spent on your education shoulda been wedged between a stripper's buttcheeks at Sue's rendezvous or a gentleman's club near you

you are seriously telling me the sprewell that played at minnesota was in his prime. if he was in his prime, why wasn't he offered a contract larger than 3years - 21 mil?

Bomb truly dey your head! You say Dirk aint versatile yet he has been known to play all three frontcourt positions! He even played point forward when Don Nelson was in charge.

don nelson's just shoot system must be so complicated undecided. we all know dirk has shooting range but lets not go overboard here.

Besides how can a 7footer have a complete repertoire of those skills! Even Derrick Rose a PG does not have that. Plus you have still not shown me those 5 players that have bettered Dirk over the last 8-10 years scoring-wise.

no one is perfect but there is a reason tim duncan is called big fundamental (besides the free throws grin). i have already told you 5 players that are better scorers than dirk.

Save for the ring I don't see any other thing that sets him apart from Dirk! K.G that is! He is a better defender and Dirk is a better scorer.
People can chat all they want but the fact on ground shows that K.G woulda retired ring-less without Allen & Pierce while Dirk came two games shy of winning it all with chumps like Desagana Diop and Devin Harris (he was a chump then)

most NBA scouts and reporters would tell you KG without the bad knees was better than dirk. you are on your own this one. i guess we gonna act like dirk didn't have guys like josh howard and stackhouse to play with.

Gasol ma pitch-black a$$! He was so good he could not win a playoff game at Memphis never mind a series now he is playing with the best player in the world and best coach as well and all of a sudden he is better than Dirk

fact - the most complete big man in the league right now is Gasol

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (101) (Reply)

Players Who Went From Rags To Riches & Back Again / Rio Ferdinand On A Media Tour In Lagos, Visits Computer Village (Pics) / Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - CHAN Qualifier (4 - 1) On 6th July 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.