Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,276 members, 7,836,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

NBA Season 2010/11 - Sports (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA Season 2010/11 (81382 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / Nba Season '08/09 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by FBS: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2011
I expect Lakers to roast NOH in game 5 tomorrow. Paul or no Paul.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 2:58pm On Apr 25, 2011
chiogo:
JeSoul love, how are you? I see you've been holding it down around here.
Wassup Chiogo my sweerie  kiss I hope you're well and school's going on fantastic smiley. How about our boys taking care of bizniz huh?  grin

This here is dedicated to the NY Knicks, first team to go home this playoff season & only team to get swept . . .
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 5:26pm On Apr 25, 2011
Brave Hear:

I am very Sure you didnt mean that, its 6 times BTW if u beat them 2nite will make it 7. Playing Philly It's like we are not even in the playoffs right now, we are so coasting and will be well rested for the 2nd rd, TBF You guys will make the 2nd round but i see the Knicks taking the Series to 7 games and y'all be jaded when you meet the Heat and "The Real Big 3". Hoping to watch your game 2nite and u know u guys cant win this one.
See, I was prophesying the future grin. But kudos to the knicks Anthony Carter for coming back and making it a tough game in the 4Q. They scared me a bit there . . .

Honestly, while the Heat have been playing solid ball so far in the playoffs . . . one has to wonder whether the ghosts of the season will come back to haunt you guys. You were only .500 against +.500 teams. This I think is a very telling stat. Whether or not its in the past remains to be seen once you play a quality opponent like my C's.

Thank God you said It's more personal than ball that'd be excused, But man Flash plays his heart out every night man, if you love sports u gotta love his passion(that's what makes him great, to me he is the most passionate player on the floor since MJ when he is Hot, He is Hot.)
Wade, a "passionate" player? hmmm, not to me oh. I agree his style is "all-out" but 'passionate' is not a descriptor I'd use for him for every single game he plays. Infact wasn't it just last season or two he was a drag and sulking all over the place when the heat wasn't doing so well? and pretty much dissing his team mates?

dont get me started with Kobe who recently came out of Shaqs shadows with his previous rings, Point of Correction, Bosh is Unproven not Overrated if u call him over-rated I wonder what you'd call Gasol, He Just Needs time and he'll come through he's already doing that in this playoff series I'm impressed with his work thus far.
shocked this boy stop it oh grin you're going to make me defend Gasoft now grin

I'm too lazy to go pick at stats now, but I'm certain Gasol has it over Bosh in most categories of importance over their careers. Please tell me what has Bosh done in his entire career that is worthy of note? the guy is overrated jor. He has made 1 or 2 all star teams - in a weak eastern conference. That's it. He hasn't carried a team on his back to the playoffs, hasn't won any scoring or rebounding or defensive titles, hasn't done jack. Yet has wants to be named among the top guns in the league? big man my small foot grin Abeg, I'll take Gasoft over Christina anyday.

And you're going to make me defend Kobe too grin I think he has stepped out of Shaq's shadows with the last 2 rings.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 5:35pm On Apr 25, 2011
A-40:

And the Knicks went out with a whimper! What a shame.
grin for the series that was supposed to be the 'toughest' in all of the playoffs. Dem think say our old men for Boston know sabi trick? grin

The Hornets have tied the series and the Grizz are showing the Spurs pepper as i anticipated i see that series ending in 7 unless the Grizz win tomorrow and it ends in 6.
Seriously, I can't believe the Spurs are being embarrased like this. This is a darn shame for a team so accomplished. And I was so suprised the Hornets tied the series shocked maybe they're tired of people like me who didn't give them a shot at doing some damage in the series.

The Magic have been the biggest disappointment so far and i wouldnt be suprised if Dwight bails on them in free agency and wind up in L.A just like Shaq!
Mavs are also tied angry angry
Abeg forget Orlando jor. Any team that refuses to play defense and is lazy on offense - prefering to jack up treys and hope to cheat your way into a Win does not deserve anything - by the way - that description also fits Atlanta. Jamal Crawford may have hit some big shots - but I remain unimpressed. Its not that hard to hog the ball from the inbound pass, stand behind the arc and throw up a 3 - with 20 seconds left on the shotclock. No versatility, no creativity, no nada in his game. Very predictable. And if Orlando were a decent team, they would take advantage of those glaring weaknesses.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 7:17pm On Apr 25, 2011
Here is a more apt description. I aint campaigning for no one either

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 10:22pm On Apr 25, 2011
JeSoul:

Wassup Chiogo my sweerie  kiss I hope you're well and school's going on fantastic smiley. How about our boys taking care of bizniz huh?  grin
I'm well oo, trying to finish strong in two weeks. Def. did not expect that sweep hehehe, our boys did very well.  grin
Carmelo and Stoudemire can only do so much, heck at least they helped them make the playoffs just to have a taste of what it feels like. LOL  cheesy

It's been an unpredictable season and post-season.

40 boy, how you dey? long time  smiley
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 6:34am On Apr 26, 2011
I personally think Kevin Durant is the best player in the NBA this season or very close to Derrick Rose.

Spurs just got embarrased by Grizzlies
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 1:27pm On Apr 26, 2011
@Chiogo
I'm good mami hope u dey kill dem for school

The Spurs lost praise Jehovah and ma Mavs won too
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by BraveHear: 9:08pm On Apr 26, 2011
@ A-40:

Aggressive?? Who is as aggressive as Kobe Bryant? Isnt that why they call him the black mamba? Who takes over games more often? Kobe or LebronWho runs away from the ball in the 4th quarter? Kobe or Lebron Who has a bigger rep of being a clutch player? Kobe or Lebron

I didnt say Kobe wasnt agressive, I said he was too agressive even the Zen Master knows that, Kobe sometimes takes ill advised shots when passing is a better option. d guy needs to understand that bball is a team sport not a "one-man show" he cant and never will be MJ so he can quit trying if that's he's aim. Please Lebron is clutch himself, he's just going thru a rough patch that's all.

Yaay!! Unfortunately you have met your match or better yet your mismatch
lets hope so A-40, BraveHeart is always down to tango!

How many rings did Shaq win at Orlando without Kobe?? Or when he had Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones as his backcourt buddies. Even when he left the Lakers the only time he won a ring he was a glorified sixth man

did you just disrespect the Shaqtus You and I know that Shaq was the man in that Laker-Dynasty, I am not saying Kobe wasnt great but Shaq was the main guy and even Kobe knows, Just like MJ was the main man in the Bull's dynasty with Scottie Pippen in the team.

Steve Nash has two MVP's! Dont tell me you think he is better than Jason Kiddor John Stockton
I see what you are trying to do here, turning around the argument wont work! The argument was Kobe has an MVP to his name and the response was Lebron is 2-time reigning MVP Simple. and Steve Nash is a very good Guard, one of if not the best playmakers in the last decade, Kidd is great but he hasnt been as consistent as Nash#just saying.

What is the guarantee that he would grab 8 by the time he is Kobe's age??
Make that 5 and who's gonna stop him from beign named in the first team BTW KD?.

No comment
that's right!

Even the most die-hard Lebron fan knows that Lebron sucks greasy hair balls on D compared to Kobe! Lebron is only good at guarding under-sized players and getting weak-side blocks. I am willing to bet a few stacks he would not make 8 by the time he is Kobe's age or do you wanna bet?
You Improve Defensively as you grow as a player, this year Lebron has come on leaps in his D and can only improve true he might not make 8 defensive teams but that remains to be seen.

I see you where silent about the finals MVP part

Tell me one Player who has been named a Finals MVP? If they were giving to the players on the losing team then Lebron not Tony Parker would have been MVP that year.

2 is different from 4 in due time we would find out if he meets up
Lebron is 26 and will play at least 10 more All Star games, you seriously think he wont be the game MVP in 5 of those at least Plus had Lebron Succesfully led the comeback againts the West Allstars this year then he would have 3 and be level with Kobe already!

As it stands he can only match it at best
then match it he will.

T-Mac and now Kevin Durant have been scoring champs twice Kevin Durant did it way quicker than Lebron. So??

again, the point here is Kobe has 2 titles and lebron has one already plus more on the way.

Dude seriously?? Kobe had been to 4 NBA Finals before Lebron even sniffed the playoffs so comparing their playoff averages hardly makes sense especially when Kobe has played almost triple the number of games Lebron has. Stop this Blasphemy please
Talking about assists! They look impressive to the untrained eye but when you check out his ridiculous assist/turnover ratio you realize those numbers are just a ruse.
Better career? Are you having a laugh? After leading his team to the League best record twice he couldnt even smell an NBA Final losing to teams that Kobe's Lakers beat (The Magic didnt even need homecourt to end their series in 6 only to lose to Kobe's Lakers in 5)
I am not a Lebron hater but please he aint on Kobe's level

I'll wait till Lebron wins a ring first then you'll see how mightily impressive lebron's post-season performance and stats are? nobody, and i mean nobody will carry a team to the NBA Finals with Eric Snow and Pavlovic Starting if not his Royal Highness King Lebron James. All Kobe did after shaq left was to whine and threaten to leave until gasol was drafted in.

Please and Please Lebron is A Super-Star who will eclipse mister Bryants Star u never forget this.
BTW which team do you support?

@Je Soul:

See, I was prophesying the future . But kudos to the knicks Anthony Carter for coming back and making it a tough game in the 4Q. They scared me a bit there . . .

Honestly, while the Heat have been playing solid ball so far in the playoffs . . . one has to wonder whether the ghosts of the season will come back to haunt you guys. You were only .500 against +.500 teams. This I think is a very telling stat. Whether or not its in the past remains to be seen once you play a quality opponent like my C's.

lol, I guess you were, gotta give it to the C's your defense is mean, color me impressed, Dont worry about the .500 stat, this is the playoffs baby!

Wade, a "passionate" player? hmmm, not to me oh. I agree his style is "all-out" but 'passionate' is not a descriptor I'd use for him for every single game he plays. Infact wasn't it just last season or two he was a drag and sulking all over the place when the heat wasn't doing so well? and pretty much dissing his team mates?

dude trust me he's passionate, the way the guy abuses his body and plays with injuries is nothing but heroic and you've got to be passionate to do that.

this boy stop it oh you're going to make me defend Gasoft now

I'm too lazy to go pick at stats now, but I'm certain Gasol has it over Bosh in most categories of importance over their careers. Please tell me what has Bosh done in his entire career that is worthy of note? the guy is overrated jor. He has made 1 or 2 all star teams - in a weak eastern conference. That's it. He hasn't carried a team on his back to the playoffs, hasn't won any scoring or rebounding or defensive titles, hasn't done jack. Yet has wants to be named among the top guns in the league? big man my small foot Abeg, I'll take Gasoft over Christina anyday.

And you're going to make me defend Kobe too I think he has stepped out of Shaq's shadows with the last 2 rings.
lol @ Gasoft, career wise he might be better than Bosh but this season, Gasol's got nothing on Bosh and like i said, Bosh is still proving himself and is doing a good job so far, Screw Kobe, I have only beign impressed with 1 ring without Shaq, Last year if you had Perkins in game 7 then the Celts would be the current defending champs. Shikenan!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2011
Brave Hear:

@ A-40:
I didnt say Kobe wasnt agressive, I said he was too agressive even the Zen Master knows that, Kobe sometimes takes ill advised shots when passing is a better option. d guy needs to understand that bball is a team sport not a "one-man show" he cant and never will be MJ so he can quit trying if that's he's aim. Please Lebron is clutch himself, he's just going thru a rough patch that's all.
Ahh so its Lebron that doesnt take ill-advised shots?? Show me a prolific scorer in the league that does not take ill-advised shots. Lebron?? Abeg stop it jare! Who ran a one man show at Cleveland? Kobe?
Kobe does not need to be MJ he aint trying to be afterall he isnt the one that wore #23 on his back for 8 years. Lebron clutch? Lebron himself would slap you for that statement

Brave Hear:

lets hope so A-40, BraveHeart is always down to tango!
So am i muchacho

Brave Hear:

did you just disrespect the Shaqtus You and I know that Shaq was the man in that Laker-Dynasty, I am not saying Kobe wasnt great but Shaq was the main guy and even Kobe knows, Just like MJ was the main man in the Bull's dynasty with Scottie Pippen in the team.
Disrespect?? The stats are there for all to see!! He won nothing with the Magic and it was Kobe's rise to prominence that helped him to the MVP's he won after leaving L.A the only other ring he won he won as a bit part player unless you want us believe he was the 1st or even 2nd option in that Heat team. Kobe and Shaq then is just like Wade and Lebron now if the Heat win a title who would you say is the main man?

Brave Hear:

I see what you are trying to do here, turning around the argument wont work! The argument was Kobe has an MVP to his name and the response was Lebron is 2-time reigning MVP Simple. and Steve Nash is a very good Guard, one of if not the best playmakers in the last decade, Kidd is great but he hasnt been as consistent as Nash#just saying.
That was when you tried comparing Kobe to Wade!! What did Lebron do what his MVP's by the way? Still couldnt sniff the Finals
Plus no astute fan would even compare Steve Nash to Jason Kidd specie get level

Brave Hear:

Make that 5 and who's gonna stop him from beign named in the first team BTW KD?.

Kevin Durant is just not as Lehyped as Lebron is plus there is no guarantee he would still be at that top level by the time he is Kobe's age

Brave Hear:

You Improve Defensively as you grow as a player, this year Lebron has come on leaps in his D and can only improve true he might not make 8 defensive teams but that remains to be seen.
Kobe is a better defender now and was a better defender at Lebron's age stop arguing for the hell of it

Brave Hear:

Tell me one Player who has been named a Finals MVP? If they were giving to the players on the losing team then Lebron not Tony Parker would have been MVP that year.
Are you seriously telling me Lebron had a better final than Tony Parker??

Brave Hear:

Lebron is 26 and will play at least 10 more All Star games, you seriously think he wont be the game MVP in 5 of those at least Plus had Lebron Succesfully led the comeback againts the West Allstars this year then he would have 3 and be level with Kobe already!
10? Why not 100!! He would even be MVP in all the 100 all-star games. I wonder where u get this false belief from Plus sorry but i dont work with "had i known" and "if to say"

Brave Hear:

then match it he will.
Jonzing Occupation

Brave Hear:

again, the point here is Kobe has 2 titles and lebron has one already plus more on the way.
He is a stats hog i wont be suprised if he does but remember he needs to win a ring too

Brave Hear:

I'll wait till Lebron wins a ring first then you'll see how mightily impressive lebron's post-season performance and stats are? nobody, and i mean nobody will carry a team to the NBA Finals with Eric Snow and Pavlovic Starting if not his Royal Highness King Lebron James. All Kobe did after shaq left was to whine and threaten to leave until gasol was drafted in.

A.I did it with Eric Snow and Raja Bell. Kobe whined while the phantom King Lebron ran and took his talents with him to Miami what kind of King leaves his Kingdom?? If the Heat win a ring it would be remembered as Wade's team not Lebron. As for eclipsing Kobe's legacy let him get to another NBA Final first and while you are hyping him please teach him how to make free throws too cos he would never get there if he doesnt work on that

Brave Hear:

Please and Please Lebron is A Super-Star who will eclipse mister Bryants Star u never forget this.
BTW which team do you support?
Let him win a ring first

Brave Hear:

@Je Soul:
lol, I guess you were, gotta give it to the C's your defense is mean, color me impressed, Dont worry about the .500 stat, this is the playoffs baby!
dude trust me he's passionate, the way the guy abuses his body and plays with injuries is nothing but heroic and you've got to be passionate to do that.
lol @ Gasoft, career wise he might be better than Bosh but this season, Gasol's got nothing on Bosh and like i said, Bosh is still proving himself and is doing a good job so far, Screw Kobe, I have only beign impressed with 1 ring without Shaq, Last year if you had Perkins in game 7 then the Celts would be the current defending champs. Shikenan!
No player plays with more injuries than Kobe and as for last year's Final save us the if to say's abeg! In 08 the Lakers missed Bynum and Ariza for the entire series abi was Perkins not there when they got blown out in Game 6?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 6:16pm On Apr 27, 2011
So the Bulls have closed out their series and the Hawks,Grizz,Mavs,Lakers,Heat and Thunder need one more win

@Braveheart
Can you wager that your Heat would beat the Celtics even with your so-called King and Wade (Flash)

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/04/27/lakers-hornets-game-5-analysis/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Talking about playing with injuries: Case in point

http://www.nba.com/playoffs/2011/westseries2/index.html?ls=st&g=5&t=gs

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by BraveHear: 3:31pm On Apr 28, 2011
@ A-40: Now Please tell me you believe for one second that Kobe was injured in that Game No Human Can Explode to the rim and nail jumpers like he did last night carrying any kind of serious injury!!! No HUMAN AT ALL, Kobe was just beign Classic Kobe drawing all the attention to himself, playing mind games and lying to the world that he was injured, If He really was, why didnt he have the MRI Scan that Phil Jackson asked him to?

I am Confident we can beat the Celtics and reach the Conference finals, its gonna be a close series but one we can overcome nonetheless, All I wanted for our team in the regular season was to beat the C's @ least once so we dont have any doubt/pressure of not beating them coming into the Playoffs plus we have Home Court so I think we'll be in the Finals.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 5:57pm On Apr 28, 2011
Brave Hear:

@ A-40: Now Please tell me you believe for one second that Kobe was injured in that Game No Human Can Explode to the rim and nail jumpers like he did last night carrying any kind of serious injury!!! No HUMAN AT ALL, Kobe was just beign Classic Kobe drawing all the attention to himself, playing mind games and lying to the world that he was injured, If He really was, why didnt he have the MRI Scan that Phil Jackson asked him to?

What really does he have to gain by lying about his injury?? Would it make the Hornets play him softer abi what are you chatting sef?? If he had the MRI scan perhaps the medics woulda insisted on him not playing and you know Kobe he would insist on playing regardless

Brave Hear:

I am Confident we can beat the Celtics and reach the Conference finals, its gonna be a close series but one we can overcome nonetheless, All I wanted for our team in the regular season was to beat the C's @ least once so we dont have any doubt/pressure of not beating them coming into the Playoffs plus we have Home Court so I think we'll be in the Finals.
You are just speaking grammar! Maybe you didnt see your series against the Sixers! Can you put a stack on that happening??
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 29, 2011
Yes and they re going to be wining allllllllll the way until you hear that voice on that same giant speaker saying -----------> LAL 2011 NBA Champs smiley guys aren't smilling

Is 3peat baby
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by BraveHear: 9:26am On Apr 29, 2011
@ A-40: Man this is professional sports, you cant seriously buy everything these players say hook, line and sinker? I mean a healthy Kobe this year couldnt explode like that and now an injured Kobe just Posterizes Emeka Okafor like that Nope, I aint buying it and Trevor Ariza agrees with me as well, Over my years of watching Bball, one thing is for sure always take comments from the Lakers camp with a pinch of salt. When Phil Jackson is your coach, you learn to play mind games!

Trust me, we did what we had to against the sixers and that is reach the Semi's. We Know who we are up against now and are under no illusion that it'd be a tough series(One that we can win). Wade always steps up when he needs to, Bosh has been good so far in the playoffs and the Celtics are Lebrons favorite team to play against(he's averaging 30ppg against them). So again I'll say, I'm confident we will triumph over them, You Still havent told me what team u support BTW?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 3:30pm On Apr 29, 2011
So the first round is all but set with the Mavs,Lakers and Hawks soaring to the semis! The Magic perhaps the biggest flop of the round here is hoping the Spurs turn out to be even bigger flops than the Magic by crashing out tonight

Brave Hear:

@ A-40: Man this is professional sports, you cant seriously buy everything these players say hook, line and sinker? I mean a healthy Kobe this year couldnt explode like that and now an injured Kobe just Posterizes Emeka Okafor like that Nope, I aint buying it and Trevor Ariza agrees with me as well, Over my years of watching Bball, one thing is for sure always take comments from the Lakers camp with a pinch of salt. When Phil Jackson is your coach, you learn to play mind games!
This is still better than drama queen Lebron with his gimmicks and shenanigans on "The Decision"

Brave Hear:

Trust me, we did what we had to against the sixers and that is reach the Semi's. We Know who we are up against now and are under no illusion that it'd be a tough series(One that we can win). Wade always steps up when he needs to, Bosh has been good so far in the playoffs and the Celtics are Lebrons favorite team to play against(he's averaging 30ppg against them). So again I'll say, I'm confident we will triumph over them, You Still havent told me what team u support BTW?
I think you are too poorly coached to beat the Celts. The problem is you guys are relying too much on your talent plus you simply lack the depth and length required to beat the Celts

For the umpteenth time i support the Mavs
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 8:32pm On Apr 29, 2011
Abegi jor, Kobe was NOT injured jare . . . all part of the hollywood-ing these guys do every now and then grin. "Refusing" to take an MRI etc etc . . . all part of the drama and mindgames.

Celtics - Heat is going to be a great series. And I may be the only one thrilled the Celtics are actually on the road . . . because I have been saying it all season and we even saw in the 1st round - we play better on the road and against a hostile crowd than in the comforts of home.

Good riddance to Orlando. Lazy team and lazy offense. And here's to Chicago putting a spanking on Atl. Lakers - Mavs . . . with Chandler down low to bang with Bynum, it should be fun. And I hope the Spurs can push a game 7 . . . this has really been disgraceful for them.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 9:11pm On Apr 29, 2011
^^^^^^ Ofcourse Kobe was never injured. Who dash am injury? undecided Nucca was trying to pull a fast one there. Dude was trying to add to his already established legacy by pulling a "JORDAN" on us all. Virtually everyone remembers Jordan's Flu Game against the Utah Jazz so he probably drew inspiration from that or should I say cooked it all up in that teeny weeny brains of his grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 9:45pm On Apr 29, 2011
^and Paul Pierce's wheelchair in '08 grin never hurt to add a lil suga and spice jor.

The NBA . . . where DRAMA happens! grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2011
Buhahahahaha(That literally had me Buhahahing grin grin grin Neighbours thinks I have gone nuts) That's a killer right there grin grin grin. Paul Pierce's wheelchairc antics grin grin grin.

Chei we(fans) have suffered from the antics of these cynical Mutli Millionaire Players grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Nobody: 3:50am On Apr 30, 2011
The only real injury Pierce will probably ever get is whiplash from cocking his head back from flopping every single time he drives.

I have nothing against Boston but I can't stand Pierce.

Lakers for 3peat
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Nobody: 4:57am On Apr 30, 2011
Now SAS are in soup cheesy
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 10:10am On Apr 30, 2011
And the Spurs are one and done grin grin grin. Z-Bo is a BEAST!!

So all is set

Hawks vs Bulls
Celtics vs Heat

Mavericks vs Lakers
Grizzlies vs Thunder
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2011
Na wa oo for SA. All the flexing they did in the regular season shocked
And the Celtics had the best first round record cheesy even though we weren't that good in the regular season. tehehehe. I love my team, man.

I'm happy to see OKC this far though, Durant is a beast and I kinda want them to face Chicago for the finals. LOL only if the celtics don't make it though.
As for the Heat, let's see if you can bring it. . .although I highly doubt it. Pshh tongue
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by african1(f): 1:58am On May 02, 2011
Woohooo Go MIAMI, GO Lebron.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by BraveHear: 3:19am On May 02, 2011
God bless Dwayne Wade!!! Simply Flash at his best.

@ A-40:
This is still better than drama queen Lebron with his gimmicks and shenanigans on "The Decision"
and who isnt a drama queen, Kobe? for crying out loud Kobe cant go back to his home town of phily because they dont like his attitude and shenanigans. Kobe can eclipse MJ's Legacy(Which he wont BTW), but he'll never be embraced in Phily as a hero. Melo had his Melo-Drama this January, and watch what D12 and CP3 are going to do during their free agency but no one's ever going to criticize them. Sue Lebron for making one very bad decision, but fact is he is a legend in Cleveland and will be forgiven come June when he wins his ring.

I think you are too poorly coached to beat the Celts. The problem is you guys are relying too much on your talent plus you simply lack the depth and length required to beat the Celts
1-0, lets go. I will just use to words to answer that: James Jones. Who'd have thought he will be our 3rd shooter in such a big game? thats great coaching from Spoeltsra. Yeah we may not have Doc Rivers or Phil Jackson but our coach is young and will only get better with this team. I kinda like his youngness coz he can relate to the players better on the court and off the court more, the players will regard him as their own coz of his age. We need these guys to be a team both on and off the court and i'm impressed with what he's done so far.

For the umpteenth time i support the Mavs
you are telling me for the first time but i got you. I have just two words for you: Beat L.A! and then we'll think of a match-up in the finals.

Z-Bo is a BEAST!!
Chop Knuckle. as if dumping Spurs out in the first round wasnt impressive enough now they go and win Game 1 @ Oklahoma. Plus Zebo keeps putting up better numbers. So far, the guy is my MVP.

@Je Soul:
Waddup homes? Our first of what will definitely be of many classic battles is over. Advantage Heat, lets see what you guys got for us @ the TD Garden, expecting a tripple double from Lebron there.

You see why I say I'd pick my Dwade over Kobe @ 2-guard, the guys all passion men and when he's in that sort of mode he's unstoppable and gets his team going around him. Pure Adrenaline pumping.

@ Chiogo:
Na wa oo for SA. All the flexing they did in the regular season
And the Celtics had the best first round record even though we weren't that good in the regular season. tehehehe. I love my team, man.

I'm happy to see OKC this far though, Durant is a beast and I kinda want them to face Chicago for the finals. LOL only if the celtics don't make it though.
As for the Heat, let's see if you can bring it. . .although I highly doubt it. Pshh
We have indeed brought it, the onus is on you guys to respond at your home court in Game 2, Please Durant is good but no where near a beast yet, he's still got some way to go before we start calling him one. he definitely has beastly instincts though, In as much as I hate L.A, there's no way OKC can get past them this year or even the Mavs should they make It, way too much Playoffs Inexperience in their team and I know I'll cause a stir here but I strongly believe Bulls wont make it to the finals. Atlanta can knock em out and if they do beat the Hawks then it'll be in 7 games. The Celtics or Heat will just rip em to shreds in the Eastern finals.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by BraveHear: 3:22am On May 02, 2011
Lakers for 3peat
Sorry bruv, but that aint happening.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 2:42pm On May 02, 2011
Mehn . . . I did not see Memphis strolling into Thunder territory and stealing game 1 without breaking a sweat. I think I need to start giving them a bit more respect, and somebody needs to remind them that they are the #8 seed lol.

REALITY101:

The only real injury Pierce will probably ever get is whiplash from cocking his head back from flopping every single time he drives.

I have nothing against Boston but I can't stand Pierce.
Gerraway jor  grin P2 is the man. His style is slow, crafty and sluggish, which makes it seem like he 'flops'. He doesn't. Here's your player-voted, media-authorized and league-approved list of certified NBA floppers:
JeSoul:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Player-poll-rates-notorious-floppers-as-NBA-821?urn=nba-wp868

Sports Illustrated Top Floppers in the NBA (from polling nba players):
1. Anderson Varejao
2. Manu Ginobili

3. Luis Scola
4. Derek Fisher
5. Kevin Martin
6. Shane Battier
7. Jarron Collins
8. Raja Bell
9. Jose Barea
10. Andres Nocioni

I especially agree with the bolded. Ginobili is really shameless in that regard. And Fisher as well. Top notch flop artists.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 2:50pm On May 02, 2011
Brave Hear:

@Je Soul:
Waddup homes? Our first of what will definitely be of many classic battles is over. Advantage Heat, lets see what you guys got for us @ the TD Garden, expecting a tripple double from Lebron there.
Brave heart: 1 JS/Chiogo: 0
Don't worry, we shall even that score very soon cool. And I hate to be the predictable fan here but the referee had no business throwing Paul Pierce out of the game for language. I mean what the heck is this? a pick-up game for grannies at the YMCA? Pierce deserved the 1st T fully, but not the 2nd. Here's another instance of refs ruining a good game and leaving room for doubt, instead of Miami being credited for winning the game.

And as a side note, I hate players being thrown out of games for anything other than fighting. We fans pay good, exorbitant money to watch the superstars - not the refs.

You see why I say I'd pick my Dwade over Kobe @ 2-guard, the guys all passion men and when he's in that sort of mode he's unstoppable and gets his team going around him. Pure Adrenaline pumping.
If he's able to play at this level the entire playoffs, then I will submit a typed letter of apology and recognition. Any star can have a great game, or 2 or 3, shoot even ex-jail-blazer Randolf is suddenly looking like a throwback Jermaine Oneal X 2 grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (101) (Reply)

Ronaldinho Set To Marry His 2 Girlfriends At The Same Time. Photos / Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - CHAN Qualifier (4 - 1) On 6th July 2013 / Cardboard Beds To Prevent Sex At Tokyo 2020 Olympics Installed By Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.