Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

NBA Season 2010/11 - Sports (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA Season 2010/11 (81242 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / Nba Season '08/09 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 6:34pm On May 25, 2011
@Chiogo
That was how I wrote off the Heat in 06 Lol abeg I no write anybody off! The Thunder have nothing to lose its important we crush em from the beginning. As for the Heat I think its key Los Mavs steal at least 1 game in Miami and I see no reason why they can't do that
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 7:29pm On May 25, 2011
dayokanu:

Who is supposed to be the power forward for Bulls (Nowitzki) or their 3 point shooter ( Stojakovic, Jason terry, Ray Allen)

And the coach needs to lay into Rose a lil bit, He does too much to the detriment of the team

All dem Boozer and Noah seem inconsequential in the scheme of things
Boozer is their power Forward though there is nothing powerful about him! The only 3pt shooter they have is Kyle Korver and he isn't a starter what's worse he can't find his range thus they can't spread the floor and provide space 4 Rose to manipulate
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 9:07pm On May 25, 2011
JeSoul:

Nuff said.

I can typically understand when a player has a tough night shooting, but the number of turnovers Rose had was inexcusable. TBforry, Rose has been taking those shots all season long which is why no one complained plus the Bulls don't really have a consistent second option to he's had to jack 'em up like there was no tomorrow.

Bulls future is bright sha . . . just add one or two veterans to balance the ship and infuse some swagger and poise.

So . . . is Dallas putting the final nail in OKC's coffin tonight? cheesy
Only two teams in the last 2 decades have gone on to win titles with Point guards as their lynchpins and that's if u think Tony Parker is a PG Lol as important as that position is there's a reason why some of the best of all time in that position are yet to and never win a ring
Playoffs are all about adjustments tho and what may work during the regular season may be ur undoing at dis time of the year and its clear that the Heat have upped the ante
Rose may be the best Bulls player but he would do well to defer to a more efficient scorer in seasons to come

Let's hope the Mavs seai the deal I'm itching for revenge
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 9:32pm On May 25, 2011
A-40:

Boozer is their power Forward though there is nothing powerful about him! The only 3pt shooter they have is Kyle Korver and he isn't a starter what's worse he can't find his range thus they can't spread the floor and provide space 4 Rose to manipulate

Thats why the Bulls fail, Carlos Boozer wetin? I am sure Thoe Walcot Powerful pass am, Why dem no just come buy Peter crouch or Kanu nwankwo?

They have no reliable shooter in that team, How much I want the Bulls to win the series.

The farther the Cryami Heat are from the ring the happier I am
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by adxkla(m): 12:34am On May 26, 2011
Nice to see some people who follow the NBA on here.

I'm a Knicks fan (yeah yeah, get all your laughs in), but as long as the Heat don't win this season, I'll be very happy. Can't stand the arrogant bastards.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 3:13am On May 26, 2011
Osama Bin Harden don come again ohh
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by jaybee3(m): 4:45am On May 26, 2011
matrix balling
dallas back to the NBA finals
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Nobody: 4:47am On May 26, 2011
I hate it that Dallas re winning. . . Sorry thunder better luck next season. LAL in my blood still.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by OgidiBoy(m): 4:51am On May 26, 2011
Drinks on me guys grin grin grin

It's a party tonight in Dallas who would have ever thought after the all star game that the Mavs would make it to the NBA finals
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 4:53am On May 26, 2011
Aww my poor Durant, he looked so sad.  sad He's young so he def. has time to win rings. Both teams fought a good fight except Dallas fought harder.
Congrats to Dallas, those old guys deserve a ring too  tongue I just hope '06 doesn't repeat itself.

adxkla:

I'm a Knicks fan (yeah yeah, get all your laughs in), but as long as the Heat don't win this season, I'll be very happy. Can't stand the arrogant bastards.
Welcome! @ the highlighted, I soo agree.
But LOL @ knicks fan, they have fans? jk tongue
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by ektbear: 4:55am On May 26, 2011
lmao @ Osama Bin Harden

Finals this year will be great. Props to Dirk for coming this far. Though I'm hoping Miami wins
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 5:06am On May 26, 2011
No mind am him think say na by bear bear

I just think its wicked the way the Mavs kept baiting the Thunder by giving them leads and snatching it at the death hopefully they don't try that with the Heat. That 17-6 run was crazy tho
Matrix was a monster today and we would need him big time against Lebron. Deshawn Stevenson also has to bring his much vaunted toughness on Mr Wade

Repeat or Revenge? What's it gonna be?

Dallas Mavs 2011 Western Conference Champs
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Nobody: 5:08am On May 26, 2011
OgidiBoy:

Drinks on me guys grin grin grin

It's a party tonight in Dallas who would have ever thought after the all star game that the Mavs would make it to the NBA finals

Drink acid angry
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Nobody: 5:10am On May 26, 2011
A-40:

No mind am him think say na by bear bear

I just think its wicked the way the Mavs kept baiting the Thunder by giving them leads and snatching it at the death hopefully they don't try that with the Heat. That 17-6 run was crazy tho
Matrix was a monster today and we would need him big time against Lebron. Deshawn Stevenson also has to bring his much vaunted toughness on Mr Wade

Dallas Mavs 2011 Western Conference Champs

They will end it there.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 5:12am On May 26, 2011
A-40:

It better be revenge or I'll cuss the mavs! Can't believe I'm supporting the West. ah well, it has to be done.

LOL Didn't know Harden was only 21. . .jeez those beards are just ugh but I see he does have a young-looking face beneath that.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by OgidiBoy(m): 6:23am On May 26, 2011
REALITY101:

Drink acid angry

Hahahahaha!!!

Don't hate grin grin

You not in the OKC are you ?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Nobody: 7:08am On May 26, 2011
OgidiBoy:

Hahahahaha!!!

Don't hate grin grin

You not in the OKC are you ?

No why? I hated em for what happened between them and LAL cheesy angry sad lipsrsealed undecided
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by maverick2(m): 2:25pm On May 26, 2011
I hate it that Dallas re winning. . . Sorry thunder better luck next season. LAL in my blood still.

Dude LAL got thrashed bad and big time tongue tongue , can't hate on Dallas for that.Stop being a sore loser and pray that the Lakers new coach
is half as good as Phil Jackson.

cheesy cheesy DallAS BABY. Can't really complain,and I'm behind the Dallas all the way. And if they perform in the finals how they performed in the
Playoffs then they are the NBA Champions 2011.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 2:36pm On May 26, 2011
^Phil Jackson is overrated jor. Which other coach in the NBA will not have 10 rings having legendary players like Micheal Jordan, Shaq and Kobe? I think Mike Brown is a strange choice for LA. I thought they'd go for someone 'older' or more proven that Kobe will respect and trust . . . unless of course LA is also thinking long term after Kobe departs.

Abeg you people should be happy for Dallas jor. They deserve it after so many years of heartache. Congrats A-40 and Dayo! Western Conference Champs 2011.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 2:39pm On May 26, 2011
adxkla:

grin grin lol . . . aww, we Celtics fans missed your presense in here a few weeks ago grin

A-40:

Only two teams in the last 2 decades have gone on to win titles with Point guards as their lynchpins and that's if u think Tony Parker is a PG Lol as important as that position is there's a reason why some of the best of all time in that position are yet to and never win a ring
Playoffs are all about adjustments tho and what may work during the regular season may be your undoing at dis time of the year and its clear that the Heat have upped the ante
Rose may be the best Bulls player but he would do well to defer to a more efficient scorer in seasons to come
100% agreed. Allen Iverson readily comes to mind. Poor guy . . . does anyone know how he doing over in Turkey? lol
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 4:45pm On May 26, 2011
@Jesoul
Iro oh! The Zen Master overrated ke? What did M.J, Shaq and K.Bryant win before he came 2 their teams abeg answer that 1

@Reality
We don't wanna hear about ur blues gee! LOS MAVS dnt need your luv
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 4:45pm On May 26, 2011
JeSoul:

^Phil Jackson is overrated jor. Which other coach in the NBA will not have 10 rings having legendary players like Micheal Jordan, Shaq and Kobe? I think Mike Brown is a strange choice for LA. I thought they'd go for someone 'older' or more proven that Kobe will respect and trust . . . unless of course LA is also thinking long term after Kobe departs.

Fallacy!!!. . . Over what?

Although I must admit that with the quality of players he has had at his disposal, anything less than 5 rings would have been seen as a failure. Still does not make him overrated.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 4:53pm On May 26, 2011
JeSoul:
I think Mike Brown is a strange choice for LA. I thought they'd go for someone 'older' or more proven that Kobe will respect and trust . . . unless of course LA is also thinking long term after Kobe departs.
LOL I was like what the hell? I smell a losing streak in the future of the lakers nation. Everybody is happy. grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by follypimpi(m): 5:29pm On May 26, 2011
chiogo:

LOL I was like what the hell? I smell a losing streak in the future of the[b] lakers nation. Everybody is happ[/b]y. grin

Bad Belle !!!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 5:50pm On May 26, 2011
@Chic2pimp
Talent Alone is not enuff. Shaq was drafted in 92 linked with Bryant in 96 but they didn't win squat till Phil came in 99 and they where champs dat season

M.J drafted in 84 they got beat senseless by the Bad Boy Pistons till Phil came in 1990 and in 91 the 3peat began

Phil Jackson is the best ever coach
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 6:10pm On May 26, 2011
The measure of someones greatness is not how much they 'won', but how much they were able to accomplish - with what they had. So as far as I am concerned there is nothing exceptional about Phil Jackson. [b]He merely did what he ought to have done considering for every single season he coached, he has had the greatest 3 players to play in this era. [/b]Finito.

A-40:

@Jesoul
Iro oh! The Zen Master overrated ke? What did M.J, Shaq and K.Bryant win before he came 2 their teams abeg answer that 1
Forry boy stoppit oh  grin are you going to say that if Jackson was not their coach Jordan, Kobe and Shaq would not have been as great? grin Really?

chic2pimp:

Fallacy!!!. . . Over what?

Although I must admit that with the quality of players he has had at his disposal, anything less than 5 rings would have been seen as a failure. Still does not make him overrated.
He is overrated jor. In the sense that he is made out to be this incredible master when all he has had are only like the greatest players to play the game in this era. He is a great coach, no doubt. But to me, he is not this great master ppl claim. Replace him with someone like Greg Popovich, do you think he could not have also won 10rings coaching Jordan n co?

Abeg put Phil Jackson on the Detroit Pistons or the Golden State Warriors or the Toronto Rapitoros and let us see how great he really is. grin You all will be singing a different song. Until then, I cannot give someone credit for passing an exam he already had all the answers to. Ahn ahn, how can you praise me for winning a race when I have had the biggest advantage every single time? Zen master ko . . . abegi jor make pesin hia word grin

Phil Jackson is not the greatest coach ever in nba history, as far as I'm concerned, he's the luckiest.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by adxkla(m): 11:59pm On May 26, 2011
JeSoul:

grin grin lol . . . aww, we Celtics fans missed your presense in here a few weeks ago grin

Hehe, I just started posting a few days ago. Knicks fan, proud of it lol.

I see the Celtics are doing well also. Why the hell did you sell Perkins?

Anyway, disappointed for Rose and Durant. Hopefully they learn from these series, they are still young
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by OgidiBoy(m): 2:04am On May 27, 2011
REALITY101:

No why? I hated em for what happened between them and LAL cheesy angry sad lipsrsealed undecided

It's not there fault that LAL didn't show up to play, You'll got too many starts and fat egos. Hopefully you'll new coach will put some people in their place.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by ektbear: 4:35am On May 27, 2011
yezzir
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 6:10am On May 27, 2011
shiorr

The heats won
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 9:54am On May 27, 2011
How do these guys do it? How do they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? Who blows a 12 pt lead in the final 3 minutes of an elimination game

Props to Lebron tho he made it happen

Now to the finals Heat vs Mavericks time for redemption Los Mavs
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 10:40am On May 27, 2011
Aww Jesoul can't hide her bad belle cos Big Phil has led the Lakers to within 1 ring of yall
The question is where Kobe Shaq and MJ win before they came under the tutelage of Jackson abi do u think they would be so revered without rings? It takes more than just talent to win 3 threepeats and a double abi if e easy why Doc Rivers no do am with una big 3? The koko of the matter is they won nada till he came and I bet no other coach woulda been that successful managing those players and their ego tripping

As for him going to coach the Warriors or Pistons well they didn't hire him Abi na him go employ himself? Why you no ask am make he go coach Dodan Warriors? The Lakers and Bulls hired him! He didn't force himself on em neither did he demand for them players! Shuo if ESPN call for u would u dump em 4 Brila FM abi u go quit Daimler-Chrysler go work 4 Nigeria Railway Corporation

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (101) (Reply)

Players Who Went From Rags To Riches & Back Again / Rio Ferdinand On A Media Tour In Lagos, Visits Computer Village (Pics) / Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - CHAN Qualifier (4 - 1) On 6th July 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.