Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,176 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

NBA Season 2010/11 - Sports (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA Season 2010/11 (81267 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / Nba Season '08/09 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 7:51pm On May 19, 2011
Congrats to the Heat they killed Ιτ in the 4th limiting the Bulls to just 2 pts in 7 mins! The D those guys play in the East ehn

Game 2 tonite Mavs vs Thunder i hope Dirk can dump another 48
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Roland17(m): 5:10pm On May 20, 2011
The sooner OKC realizes that R.westbrook is not a point guard, the better for the club and the player, he drives into the paint with too much speed without control and tends to lay the ball too hard on the glass, he pretended he took it well last night by sitting on the bench all through the 4th quarter, but i could see the anger in him and how much he dreads Eric maynor now. Dallas are very strong road team, i know they would get one in Oklahoma, if not the 2, but, its going to be very tough, i love the hate between chandler and perkins. look out for dirk.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 8:16pm On May 20, 2011
Chiogo, I got my guesses sources smiley

Rasputin, aww thank you dear and you are more than welcome. Hope you enjoyed the drink smiley

Roland17:

The sooner OKC realizes that R.westbrook is not a point guard, the better for the club and the player, he drives into the paint with too much speed without control and tends to lay the ball too hard on the glass, he pretended he took it well last night by sitting on the bench all through the 4th quarter, but i could see the anger in him and how much he dreads Eric maynor now. Dallas are very strong road team, i know they would get one in Oklahoma, if not the 2, but, its going to be very tough, i love the hate between chandler and perkins. look out for dirk.
Lol. Spot on . . . I think lol. I slept thru the 4Q, so the guy was benched in favor of Maynor? lol. Maynor did seem to be able to hold Barea in check from the little I saw in the first 3Qs. I cannot laugh. Here's what I said some months ago at a game I attended -

JeSoul:
Life is going to be very interesting for the Thunder this year now that people actually have expectations from them. Its quite different to play free and easy when no one expects you to win - just ask Atlanta. I was thoroughly disappointed with Westbrook's performance . . . I didn't know he was such a selfish ball-hog who doesn't get his teammates involved, dribbles for 6 secs and then jacks up a shot.
   Seems his ball hog style was good enough when OKC was content to be an 'up & coming team'. Now they have championship aspirations they realize they need more a team effort to beat quality teams. It will be interesting to see how the coach approaches game 3.

Where is that Dayokanu of a guy? does he only show up when the Mavs win?  grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 9:43pm On May 20, 2011
I dey here jare.

Still Mad at Haywood for allowing that Durant dunk
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 9:54pm On May 20, 2011
Westbrook gets on my nerves sometimes lol he's just one of those inconsistent ppl. Ya never know when it'd go in.
Nice decision benching him for Maynor --> hmm sexy!! cool

. . . And the series is tied for both East and West. Loving the playoffs, no heart attacks. . . just chilling, enjoying the games.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Roland17(m): 1:42am On May 21, 2011
the Heats have got enough energy in Wade and James, the pick and roll works well for them, especially now Haslem is back, i wonder why bosh is part of the big three, he's inconsistent and suffers from indecision, especially in the paint. The bulls suffer anytime Rose has a bad game, their biggest strength is the second chance hustle and rebound in the paint, with Gibson and Noah the main actors. i smell a Dallas-Bulls Finals.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 3:41am On May 22, 2011
52-36 at the half! Los Mavericks please don't blow this lead! This is the game we are supposed to steal

As for Westbrook I think he is cut From the same cloth as Rose obviously with lower passing abilities they are high volume shooters with unreliable jumpers and a bad night could get even worse if the free throw shots don't go

Derrick Rose should be getting more help from Boozer abi wetin e dey bring come table
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 4:01am On May 22, 2011
The Thunder are hanging in there. Hope these Mavs can pull away u don't wanna give these young guns hope
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Roland17(m): 5:10am On May 22, 2011
Good late fight by OKC, especially the defense, lots of credit goes to Collison. with 3 potential hall of Famers(Kid, JT, Dirk), the experience was too much for OKC. if OKC thinks double teaming Dirk would help them, i think it would cost them the series, because when ever dirk is doubled, it leaves open plays for J.T, Stojakovic, and kid and these are NBA proven 3 point scorers. like i predicted, its Dallas all the way.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 5:34am On May 22, 2011
Pheww I thot it was going to be Game 4 Blazers series again! Props to Dirk for his clutch performance in the 4th and to Kidd and the Matrix for getting us going early plus the unsung hero Tyson Chandler who locked the boards down

Leaving Durant and Westbrook to do all the scoring was a good call at least Eric Maynor and OSAma bin Harden now know that everyday isn't Christmas (Where does a 21 year old get that kinda beard?)
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 5:42am On May 22, 2011
Nerve wrecking game from Mavs. Abeg learn not to lose such leads
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 8:04pm On May 23, 2011
Poor Chicago. Seems like if Derrick Rose doesn't score a lot of points they can't win - especially when they're facing a very solid Miami defense. Plus Chicago is showing some of their lack of veteran presence and calm during crunch time. And I should give Christiana Bosh his credit, that was the game of his career.

Dallas - OKC tonite . . . I expect dallas to put their feet on okc's neck lol. But I never underestimate these yougins . . . Durant is not going to have 2 bad shooting games in a row.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 8:50pm On May 23, 2011
I would think D Rose should play more with his teammates than attempting to drive in all the time.

The way he plays he uses too much energy and might not have a lasting career
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 8:59pm On May 23, 2011
dayokanu:

I would think D Rose should play more with his teammates than attempting to drive in all the time.

The way he plays he uses too much energy and might not have a lasting career
Unfortunately, that's the way the Bulls team is built for the most part - DR is the top scorer, its unfortunate that he also happens to be the PG who's expected to dish it out equally too. That's why he was the MVP - most valuable player to his team. Take him out and they fall apart.

All in all, I do think Chicago matches very well with Miami and can beat them - I think they're just getting nervous and showing their youth in the face of Miami's intensity and desire to win.

So are you over that Durant dunk yet? or we go see part 2 tonite? grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 9:18pm On May 23, 2011
Haywood na mumu,

Can Durant try that with Artest, Odom, Chandler, KG or even Perkins self. I bet he would just be waking up from the ER

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/nrjg8AcjSvo[/flash]
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 9:21pm On May 23, 2011
Happy belated birthday CHIOGO and JESOUL. . . . Oya back to serious matters, so it seems those Cranky Old legs of theirs has finally given up. About time I say. Useless Bunch!!! tongue. Chei it's times like this I wish Bawo was still with us sad sad grin grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 9:26pm On May 23, 2011
^lol. Mehn, POSTERIZED!!! grin

chiogo:
. . . And the series is tied for both East and West. Loving the playoffs, no heart attacks. . . just chilling, enjoying the games.
 grin Abi oh! That na true talk right there. Honestly, this is a much better way to enjoy the nba grin

chic2pimp:

Happy belated birthday CHIOGO and JESOUL. . . . Oya back to serious matters, so it seems those Cranky Old legs of theirs has finally given up. About time I say. Useless Bunch!!! tongue. Chei it's times like this I wish Bawo was still with us sad sad grin grin
Oh sweerat thank you ehn  kiss Hope everything is well with you?
  Old legs gave up oh. Its a young athletic man's league now with the likes of Memphis, OKC and Chicago running the show. Teams like Bos, LA and SA will have to adjust big time if they want to stay relevant in the coming yrs. And Bawo is missed on the daily . . . imagine how we for not hia word as Rose won MVP and chicago is in the conf finals? lol.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 5:09am On May 24, 2011
Its the Dallas fucking Mavericks

trailing 15 points with 4:30 left and the Mavericks won this.

Dirk Nowitzkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by jaybee3(m): 5:16am On May 24, 2011
Watttaaaaaa game by the big man dirk.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 9:54am On May 24, 2011
Unbelievable stuff by the Mavericks they just don't know when to quit and what can I say about the Uberman Dirk Nowitzki,JET (the real 6th man of the year) and the ageless Jason Kidd it was crazy in those last 5 minutes especially as Durant was already showboatin a la Aaron Rodgers it was so sweet to suck it to more game guys! 1 more to the NBA Finals

As f
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 10:12am On May 24, 2011
I think the problem with D.Rose is what me and Bawo used to argue about back in the day. Rose is an average bordering on poor at shooting and since the Bulls lack a consistent 2nd scorer that Rose can defer to! They most def have to win game 4 or they can kiss the Finals goodbye

The likes of Noah and Boozer should feel personally insulted as to how Bosh has dominated them! He's arguably been the best player in this series plus his FG % is astronomical
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 4:20pm On May 24, 2011
Dallas just showed us what Chicago & OKC are both lacking . . . veteran poise. All the talent in the world cannot substitute for calm and calculated execution during crunch time. Congrats Dallas fans, don't screw it up lol.

A-40:

I think the problem with D.Rose is what me and Bawo used to argue about back in the day. Rose is an average bordering on poor at shooting and since the Bulls lack a consistent 2nd scorer that Rose can defer to! They most def have to win game 4 or they can kiss the Finals goodbye
Exactly. I don't think he's shot the ball better than 45% during the playoffs. Its just that his explosiveness down the lane has helped them immensely win games. The Bulls can win, but Noah, Boozer and Deng will have to play like aliens on steriods for that to happen.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 4:52pm On May 24, 2011
chic2pimp:

Happy belated birthday CHIOGO and JESOUL. . . .
Thanks boo.

Damn OKC, well they can now kiss the series buh-bye 'cause I don't see how they're gonna win 3 straight. Man, Westbrook sucks!! lol I dunno why he's such a ball hog and he can't do crap with the ball. Like they say, inexperience will kill the young teams when it comes down to it. Still love my durantula, it's not your fault. I blame everything on WeStronghead-Brook  tongue

I think Dallas has proven beyond reasonable doubt that they're going all the way, it was obvious after they beat the celts in the reg season and swept LA. Congrats to them. I don't think the bulls are winning the series either which hurts me. I just hope dallas can decimate the cryami heat in the finals.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On May 24, 2011
A-40:

The likes of Noah and Boozer should feel personally insulted as to how Bosh has dominated them! He's arguably been the best player in this series plus his FG % is astronomical

My opinion of Rose is that he might not last and his career blighted by injuries, The guy tries to do too much. Drives in the paint almost everytime to make shots and most of the time lands awkwardly on his ankle.

Other PG dont exert themselves the same way, His drive in might be nice to watch to fans but "ara lon fi abo si"
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 24, 2011
@Chiogo happy big belated birthday.
I did post before but I got banned for no reason.
It is official. The Mavs are in d Finals.
Next to join is Heat. Sorry bulls u guys are just as ur name reads BULLS****.
Maybe they can surprise me tonite, don't see dis happening though. But isn't the NBA where amazing happens,
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 11:13pm On May 24, 2011
@Jesoul
Thanks but Los Mavs still need to finish the job! Its not always about veteran poise tho as we have also been on the wrong end of such comebacks truth is in basketball big leads make you sloppy but its usually down to the opposing team to see the window and take it and this is why I love b/ball so much

As for Rose he has been shooting poorly since the post season tipped off what has been his saving grace is the free throw line! He's been missing from point blank range all series long I think he needs to focus on being a facilitator at least try and get the bigs going and gradually ease himself into the game!

@Dayokanu
He would learn with time! Na so Dem all start Kobe,T-Mac,Jason Williams e.t.c I just think he handles too much of the scoring load! Your Point Guard should not be your leading scorer cos it makes em turn over prone and grossly reduces scoring efficiency
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by ektbear: 4:50am On May 25, 2011
Bwahahaha
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 12:16pm On May 25, 2011
Derrick Rose 23 pts from 27 shots

Dirk Nowitzki 40 pts From 20 shots

A point guard shouldn't take that many shots! Its too much
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 3:48pm On May 25, 2011
Darthmaul:

@Chiogo happy big  belated birthday.
Thank you so much  smiley

LOL @ 40 boy being all modest. Y'all still winning though.  tongue
OKC and CHI are def. done. No question about it. I root for the underdogs and they let me down. SMH. Still hate LeBron, since when did the f00l even know how to shoot? Even ostrich-neck bosh is stepping up to the plate. Dallas better be very prepared, it won't be an easy feat beating those big ol' bullies.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 4:27pm On May 25, 2011
Darthmaul, it was probably the spambot that banned you, it does that randomly when it 'suspects' spam. It can be very annoying.

chiogo:

I think Dallas has proven beyond reasonable doubt that they're going all the way, it was obvious after they beat the celts in the reg season and swept LA. Congrats to them. I don't think the bulls are winning the series either which hurts me. I just hope dallas can decimate the cryami heat in the finals.
  grin  grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 4:51pm On May 25, 2011
A-40:

Nuff said.

I can typically understand when a player has a tough night shooting, but the number of turnovers Rose had was inexcusable. TBforry, Rose has been taking those shots all season long which is why no one complained plus the Bulls don't really have a consistent second option to he's had to jack 'em up like there was no tomorrow.

Bulls future is bright sha . . . just add one or two veterans to balance the ship and infuse some swagger and poise.

So . . . is Dallas putting the final nail in OKC's coffin tonight? cheesy
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 5:05pm On May 25, 2011
A-40:

Who is supposed to be the power forward for Bulls (Nowitzki) or their 3 point shooter ( Stojakovic, Jason terry, Ray Allen)

And the coach needs to lay into Rose a lil bit, He does too much to the detriment of the team

All dem Boozer and Noah seem inconsequential in the scheme of things

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (101) (Reply)

Players Who Went From Rags To Riches & Back Again / Rio Ferdinand On A Media Tour In Lagos, Visits Computer Village (Pics) / Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - CHAN Qualifier (4 - 1) On 6th July 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.