Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency (37126 Views)

Opposition Mounts Against Southwest Slot For PDP Chair / Presidential Plane Departs From London As Anxiety Mounts - Vanguard / Anambra Hits Self-sufficiency In Rice Production- Premiumtimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by sako28: 11:55am On Nov 04, 2016
Slikbae:
You are right. Those saying all manner of derogatory things are actually the naive ones. How can a European nation or any other country stop another country from achieving food sufficiency. They haven't even stopped north Korean leader from making nuclear weapons. Most of our rice is imported from Asia, not even Europe. Why does the black man blame the white man for all our woes. Its really baffling.

My Brother Wakeup. why did USA support Sivimbi and Russia support Jose dos Santos back then In Angola? Read ur history well and u will see world politics is a different ball game and everyone protect their interest and what they will gain.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:

You are EXTREMELY NAIVE and THOUGHTLESS. If you really believe the highlighted, then you really should just return to your VILLAGE, because you have NO CLUE how this world operates.
People just talk without understanding int'l economics. The noise made over this rice production will send wrong signals to the external world who survive tru exporting rice to us. Such things are done discreetly.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Bhol28: 12:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
wristbangle:
Nice development. These EU countries want us to keep buying their products as they don't want us to be self efficient. Hearing this news has given them chronic heart failure.
They.ve been profiting a lot from our foolishness by importing what we can produce on our own.If we get it finally right by being self sustainating they will definitely loose a very large market share we've been giving them.After PMB if other incoming regime can continue with this trend we will definitely get there.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by MrEverest(m): 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2016
musicwriter:
Of course, western nations will never encourage REAL development in Africa or in any third world country. Any evidence of development in third world countries is actually a threat to western establishments, cause when we become equals we will be free from IMF and world bank's economic slavery, and the master-slave relationship will come to an end.

I' am so glad you white people worshipper's have read this news. Some of us know these things, but when you say it on Nairaland white people worshipper's will cry conspiracy theory.

Unfortunately, this control don't only happen in trade. It also happens in education, language, e.t.c. How to break away from these other control which is sadly very deep rooted is something Africans and their leaders should be clamouring for as well.
So you actually believed this nonsense meant for gullible ediots? The joke is on you bro!
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Sirdayor(m): 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
That's a good news.. UP NIGERIA!!!!
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by MrEverest(m): 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2016
sako28:

My Brother Wakeup. why did USA support Sivimbi and Russia support Jose dos Santos back then In Angola? Read ur history well and u will see world politics is a different ball game and everyone protect their interest and what they will gain.
I cant believe the mass gullibility and naivity I'm seeing on Nairaland. If these are "our best brains" then we are finished & we really deserve to be in such obscurity we found ourselves! For Gods sake, what has your analogy got to do with this trash that was posted here? What has cold war era of communism vs capitalism quest to control mineral rich nations got to do with this? Why must we hide our foolishness & !diotic acts under the garb of conspiracy theories? This thread is disgusting, nuaseating and sickning!!!
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Emassive(m): 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
Why did you stop your own brain from functioning.. that is very bad ooo. Why
Adminisher:

It was the drunkard Jonathan that started Nigeria importing palm oil again
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2016
Redoil:
No nation will kick or stop any other nation from reaching food sufficiency. Apart from stock fish all our food import are from asia
All these are lies from the pit of apc propaganda machine just to look good in the eyes of the people
do enough research before talking next time so it won't look like your lost in oblivion. The middle men are Europeans. who provides the dollars for importation?? America and the West...Britain and co have a huge grip on our economy, even if we want to produce common soap,it must pass thru Britain before the Chinese now agree to produce. we are still their slave economically and this is what has been since over 100yrs ago and funny enough we may be their slaves till thy kingdom come.

1 Like

Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Tonybills(m): 1:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
timeboss:
EU places a ban on Nigeria commodities---Fact. Next time don't wail while typing.
Kiss the truth!

Be specific. Not all comodities but on BEANS with REASONS that it content toxic chemical during storage and processing. If new method of storing beans for export is provided and adapted our food stuff will even reach the WHITE HOUSE for HILLARY CLINTON'S consumption.

1 Like

Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by musicwriter(m): 1:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
MrEverest:
So you actually believed this nonsense meant for gullible ediots? The joke is on you bro!

The joke is on me?

You're clearly not aquinted with happenings in international trade relations among nations. Yes, indeed, the European Union did ban beans and other cereals import from Nigeria on frivolous excuse it contained pests. I read the news independently sometime ago prior to this.

The USA and China are also literally locked down in a trade war on similar circumstances. The so called free trade treaties no longer apply, its all about protectionism, product ban and how to out-do one another in trades.

Do your research bro.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
timeboss:
Bokoharam needs to stop their madness so that Agriculture could blossom in the NE too.
IB spent $22m on food export annually, Now we spend $11m. What a massive improvement. To hell with the West, ain't no stopping us now.
Kiss the truth!

cheesycheesycheesycheesy Aren't you the IB here? how come reduction in export is improvement to your demented brain? where do you get your own statistics? And to even see you spitting all over the thread saying "kiss the truth" when you don't even know the definition of truth cheesy Reasoning of folks like you makes this forum disgusting and irritating...

Back to topic; How can European countries agitate for rice sufficiency when we don't patronise them but mostly Asia? What's correlation between an ambassador's complaint on stock fish with rice or food production in Nigeria? why can't people reason? APC will keep punishing folks because they know how retarded most are in this country
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by ilenaira: 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2016
State subsidies for Western farmers and one-sided trade 'agreements' will never allow African produce (no matter how better or organic, to get a foot-hold in Europe. It makes one wonder why Africans (Nigerians especially) are obsessed to the point of addiction with imported food?.

Africa is blessed
We are blessed with largely fertile land that we under-exploit
Our waters are under-fished fish to the point of unchallenged illegal fishing from countries (e.g Spain) as a result of our lackadaisical attitude.
Even now, with our supposed education and enlightenment we are still being robbed of mineral resources by outsiders.

And yet, as many look enviously at what westerners have built for themselves (and maintain by all means fair or foul) some Africans are silly enough to think they can do the same without ruthless self-sufficiency first and that the playing field is level?

Me, I don't blame anybody o. The foolish are there to be exploited, it is human nature after all.

So lets keep importing stock-fish, frozen fish, frozen turkey, pasta, noodles all manner of second-rate rubbish. undecided undecided undecided

"A escravidão é contínua, O sofrimento está assegurado"

1 Like

Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by MONITZ: 1:51pm On Nov 04, 2016
timeboss:
EU places a ban on Nigeria commodities---Fact. Next time don't wail while typing.
Kiss the truth!

Y did the E.U do that and Can u throw more light on this ,thanks.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:51pm On Nov 04, 2016
musicwriter:
Of course, western nations will never encourage REAL development in Africa or in any third world country. Any evidence of development in third world countries is actually a threat to western establishments, cause when we become equals we will be free from IMF and world bank's economic slavery, and the master-slave relationship will come to an end.

I' am so glad you white people worshipper's have read this news. Some of us know these things, but when you say it on Nairaland white people worshipper's will cry conspiracy theory.

Unfortunately, this control don't only happen in trade. It also happens in education, language, e.t.c. How to break away from these other control which is sadly very deep rooted is something Africans and their leaders should be clamouring for as well.

This post has forced me to lose the respect I have for you...I am an anonymous fan who long to read your post on economy including 4play...Seems you aren't quite as sound as I suppose...No offense bro...

1)This sensational article is to justify the 23billion CBN fund on agricultural and claim it worked wonders...Take a trip to our borders and markets and see what's up?

2)What's correlation between an ambassador's complaint on stock fish with rice or food production in Nigeria?

3)Why would Europe agitate when we import rice mostly from Asia?

4)APC rides on Nigeria & Nigerians because they know how "smart" they are intellectually...

Yes, countries just like individuals would protect their interest first but not in this ridiculous manner as concocted in this vague composition. Beans was banned and unbanned under Jonathan...it has been banned again under Buhari...not because they are jealous of us or whatever but because they have quality control measure which we coincidentally have too (SON, NAFDAC etc); unfortunately we don't implement ours while they follow there's religiously...thanks!!!

2 Likes

Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by wristbangle: 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2016
Bhol28:
They.ve been profiting a lot from our foolishness by importing what we can produce on our own.If we get it finally right by being self sustainating they will definitely loose a very large market share we've been giving them.After PMB if other incoming regime can continue with this trend we will definitely get there.

Exactly bro.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by MrEverest(m): 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2016
musicwriter:

The joke is on me?

You're clearly not aquinted with happenings in international trade relations among nations. Yes, indeed, the European Union did ban beans and other cereals import from Nigeria on frivolous excuse it contained pests. I read the news independently sometime ago prior to this.

The USA and China are also literally locked down in a trade war on similar circumstances. The so called free trade treaties no longer apply, its all about protectionism, product ban and how to out-do one another in trades.

Do your research bro.
So if Nigeria fails to meet their high standard & they reject our food exports now means trade war or vendatte? I dont buy such emotional diatribe meant to obfuscate the real issues. Other countries like Kenya, S.Africa etc have been making a killing, exporting agric products to Europe by meeting their standard. These guys dont joke with their health. Our level of international trade is still low for such politics!

1 Like

Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 04, 2016
Redoil:
No nation will kick or stop any other nation from reaching food sufficiency. Apart from stock fish all our food import are from asia
All these are lies from the pit of apc propaganda machine just to look good in the eyes of the people

Is the Nigerian government happy that America doesn't need it's crude oil anymore?

Crude oil isn't food, but both are forms of energy.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by musicwriter(m): 2:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

This post has forced me to lose the respect I have for you...I am an anonymous fan who long to read your post on economy including 4play...Seems you aren't quite as sound as I suppose...No offense bro...

1)This sensational article is to justify the 23billion CBN fund on agricultural and claim it worked wonders...Take a trip to our borders and markets and see what's up?

2)What's correlation between an ambassador's complaint on stock fish with rice or food production in Nigeria?

3)Why would Europe agitate when we import rice mostly from Asia?

4)APC rides on Nigeria & Nigerians because they know how "smart" they are intellectually...

Yes, countries just like individuals would protect their interest first but not in this ridiculous manner as concocted in this vague composition. Beans was banned and unbanned under Jonathan...it has been banned again under Buhari...not because they are jealous of us or whatever but because they have quality control measure which we coincidentally have too (SON, NAFDAC etc); unfortunately we don't implement ours while they follow there's religiously...thanks!!!

Well, if you're viewing from the political angle you'll not see the bigger picture.

The west would never want real development in third world countries- that's my own angle.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I have no issues with that.

I' am no fan of APC or Buhari.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by musicwriter(m): 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2016
MrEverest:
So if Nigeria fails to meet their high standard & they reject our food exports now means trade war or vendatte? I dont buy such emotional diatribe meant to obfuscate the real issues. Other countries like Kenya, S.Africa etc have been making a killing, exporting agric products to Europe by meeting their standard. These guys dont joke with their health. Our level of international trade is still low for such politics!

Wait until Kenya or South Africa reach sufficiency in commodity they import from the west, then you'll see them react.

As a matter of fact, if go to Kenya or South Africa they'll tell you similar bitter truth you'll not like to hear.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by tee4naija(m): 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2016
Also, the European Union has placed a ban on importation of beans from Nigeria on the pretext that it contained “too much chemical.

While the actions of the CBN and other stakeholders at ensuring self sufficiency in rice production is commendable, I wonder why we are exporting beans to Europe in the first place when a bucket of beans is which was N250 2 years ago is now N650.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2016
musicwriter:

Well, if you're viewing from the political angle you'll not see the bigger picture.

The west would never want real development in third world countries- that's my own angle.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I have no issues with that.

I' am no fan of APC or Buhari.

INDIVIDUALISM means West won't want Africa to progress...fact

but does it give credence to this ridiculous article here ? NO
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by slimzeyy: 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2016
Redoil:

Have you been around?
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
Misleading headline. Nigerian journalists never miss an opportunity to show us their mediocrity.

This content of this report, if true, is a welcome development.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by JuanDeDios: 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2016
Redoil:
You're right. Apart from the line about stock fish which was slanted, the article does not justify the title. Even the ambassador's visit was a perfectly normal trade visit and Emefiele's response was perfectly normal. There are people who survive on thinking that the world is against them.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by olerismith(m): 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2016
rice bag is still 19k to 23k per bag. stop telling us lies

1 Like

Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by islandmoon: 10:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
This is better than the Minister of Agriculture who wanted to spend 25billions to buy phones for farmers during jonathan Administration ! what a slowpoke! hes now the president of Africa Development Bank! any Buhari should not borrow any $30Billion ! we dont support that.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by mikolo80: 10:42pm On Nov 04, 2016
yemaldo:
Even palm oil? Na everything we dey import 4 this country?
how many you plant
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Jazzlite: 10:38am On Nov 07, 2016
YOUR FATHER MUST KISS MY ANUS
timeman:
do not forget toothpicks.
Kiss the truth!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

James Ibori Meets Governor Okowa At An Event In Delta. Photos / Stampede For Governor Tambuwal’s Cash In Sokoto: One Dies, 3 Others Injured / CP Odumosu Locks Magodo Brooks Estate, Arrests Security Guards For Delaying Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.