Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) (36961 Views)

We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo / Who Would You Say Is Educated Here(photo) / Fulani Herdsmen : Why The Nigerian Nation Should Be Worried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by ArabMopol(m): 10:05am On Nov 04, 2016
akarich007:
You are a greater fool, how dare you insult Mr. President like dat, is he your mate?
Zombie alert

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Zenlife: 10:07am On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:
Japan has advanced technology, plus an annual GDP of 4.92 TRILLION dollars.

Thus, comparing her current engineering capabilities to that of Nigeria is insanity.

OP, it's not about who is a ''hardworking nation'' and who isn't a ''hardworking nation'' - whatever the hell that means.

The economic and development profiles of nations are far more complicated than such silly simplifications.

I differ.
Japan was totally bombed out during WW2 with Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
56 years after 2001 were a force to be reckoned with worldwide.
Nigeria 56 years after Is a mere modern glorified village.

Nigeria as a country is cursed and inept.
It's citizens are fear stricken, weak, lukewarm and downtrodden.
Bunch of cowards plagued with ignorance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Worksunlimited: 10:09am On Nov 04, 2016
sekundosekundo:
If it's in Nigeria, they will blame the opposition party for the earthquake and afterwards the road will be abandoned b'cos it leads to South East.

No mind dem... They would even come and be snapping pictures there... While dishing out the propanganda through lie mohammed..

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Oriyt1(m): 10:13am On Nov 04, 2016
sekundosekundo:
If it's in Nigeria, they will blame the opposition party for the earthquake and afterwards the road will be abandoned b'cos it leads to South East.
lol Very true

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Justiceleague1: 10:14am On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:

Thus, comparing her current engineering capabilities to that of Nigeria is insanity.

OP, it's not about who is a ''hardworking nation'' and who isn't a ''hardworking nation'' - whatever the hell that means.

The economic and development profiles of nations are far more complicated than such silly simplifications.

ABC of how to be a hopeless failure

3 Likes

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Oriyt1(m): 10:16am On Nov 04, 2016
thedarksider:

we could do it that quick too,but we dont have the cash..

lets be honest,,,,our gdp can not compete with japan....
who's this Nigga? Like seriously we don't have the cash to construct ordinary road,? What do we now have cash for ooo, to buy pencil and biro!!

2 Likes

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by thedarksider: 10:25am On Nov 04, 2016
Oriyt1:
who's this Nigga? Like seriously we don't have the cash to construct ordinary road,? What do we now have cash for ooo, to buy pencil and biro!!

we can not compete with japans gdp...impossible...no cash......

to build roads,you need specialits,that are very expensive....you dont just build a road just like that......................

or you end up like jonathan...dont forget,tons of tons of wheight use it!....

i am a professional-construction-worker for buildings...and i am already very expensive...not even me understand good streets that last long,very well...

stop having pipe-dreams...

quality cost a lot of money,no matter were you are in the world....
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by suyamasta(m): 10:27am On Nov 04, 2016
Anything is possible if the people are willing!
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by oostin: 10:33am On Nov 04, 2016
Can you please tell us what exactly you are doing to ensure that your country catches up with.

You can't continue to compare us with countries whose citizens have taken the destiny of their country into their own hands.

Here we blame the government for everything from bad weather to a cheating spouse. We would continue to have the same problems as long as we fail to do our own part.
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by dhurlarpur(m): 10:34am On Nov 04, 2016
This is what you get when schools major in theory, how then can we have practically sound engineers.........I just pity generations to come if a whole isn't fixed.

There was this day i went to see my younger brother in his hall, an "elect. elect" student was then asked to help fix a faulty ceiling fan, his response was "I am not an electrician but an Engineer", it was then i knew that people like him can still graduate with 2:1 but will only be a useless fellow.
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by psychu: 10:35am On Nov 04, 2016
From some of the comments here you can understand why we are where we are. Someone is mentioning GDP for something that has to do with efficiency and sincerity of purpose. We have become so accustomed to mediocrity in this nation that we try to justify everything. Forget 6days, say 6 months or even 6 years... The Lagos-Ibadan expressway is yet to be fixed after how many years?

2 Likes

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by davidif: 10:38am On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by thedarksider: 10:39am On Nov 04, 2016
oostin:
Can you please tell us what exactly you are doing to ensure that your country catches up with.

You can't continue to compare us with countries whose citizens have taken the destiny of their country into their own hands.

Here we blame the government for everything from bad weather to a cheating spouse. We would continue to have the same problems as long as we fail to do our own part.

look..me,i am making the nairas in abundans and they are wailing....
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 04, 2016
psychu:
From some of the comments here you can understand why we are where we are. Someone is mentioning GDP for something that has to do with efficiency and sincerity of purpose. We have become so accustomed to mediocrity in this nation that we try to justify everything. Forget 6days, say 6 months or even 6 years... The Lagos-Ibadan expressway is yet to be fixed after how many years?
my brother it's a sad thing, even when it's glaring that it's white, people still find a way to twist it around #tragic
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by nice360: 10:41am On Nov 04, 2016
beamie:

More than a fool.
His name should be changed to 'brouhaha' .
but why? Pls guys lets quite this negative talk n put our leaders in prayer. I believe with time, we shall get to d promise land.
#let the change begin with you#

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by sekundosekundo: 10:44am On Nov 04, 2016
AntonioConte:
wished you thought hard before posting this... but what can i say. you have chosen to display that part of you that should have been kept a secret.

No secret to keep bro, I stays in sharjah and I hv bn to Japan and I can tell you that Nigeria is backward in everything. Not that we don't have the resources. You will be amazed by the technology of Japan. This pics is a floating bridge in Japan.

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by thedarksider: 10:47am On Nov 04, 2016
davidif:

grin...insanity...like,hello wake up from your pipe-dreams,like... grin

we only have not even 30billion to bust about,they wan go compete with someone with nearly 5trillion!!!.....

when talking about about insanity... !!!..grin grin grin

nigerians have too much hubris,,,now they are even playing with the game of disintergration....

na biafra go beat japan in gdp ni??.....ohhhh my,,,,hilarious!!!... grin grin grin

1 Share

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by redsun(m): 10:50am On Nov 04, 2016
Maybe we are not psychologically and mentally developed enough to drive as a nation. We have to take care of the basic needs first like food,water,sheltee and all the mundane things of life first before we start imitating oyinbo vehicular escapades.

I like the issue of rice sufficiency and not surprise oyinbos wouldn't let it be,because they know that if we become the masters of our world,they will lose their grips on us and of course, their relevance.
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by manmidtexy(m): 10:51am On Nov 04, 2016
Seyeah23:
Talk about a hard-working nation.
How long would it take to fix this road in your country?
This is wonderful.
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by manmidtexy(m): 10:52am On Nov 04, 2016
sekundosekundo:

You be baddhest guy.
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by sekundosekundo: 10:53am On Nov 04, 2016
Zenlife:

I differ.

Don't mind them, the first time I landed in Japan mehnn, I opened my mouth and I couldn't say anything. Come and see Road etc. I WEEP FOR NIGERIA.
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by sekundosekundo: 10:54am On Nov 04, 2016
Justiceleague1:

ABC of how to be a hopeless failure

Pls don't mind them it's in their Blood.

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by thedarksider: 10:58am On Nov 04, 2016
nice360:
but why? Pls guys lets quite this negative talk n put our leaders in prayer. I believe with time, we shall get to d promise land.
#let the change begin with you#

prayers.....thunder fire dem!.... angry angry angry

next time,we dont vote them no more... angry angry angry..simple!...

till we find someone that take us serious like buhari..... angry
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by paradigmshift(m): 10:58am On Nov 04, 2016
sekundosekundo:

hahahahah you gat me...

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Zeemarch(m): 11:02am On Nov 04, 2016
God bless nigeria

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by thedarksider: 11:02am On Nov 04, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Don't mind them, the first time I landed in Japan mehnn, I opened my mouth and I couldn't say anything. Come and see Road etc. I WEEP FOR NIGERIA.

weep for ya self.....as if the japanese want you their.......tahhhhh.....
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by thedarksider: 11:09am On Nov 04, 2016
Zenlife:

I differ.

glorified village... grin..right back to sender....glorified ko,glo ni... grin grin grin
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by plaetton: 11:10am On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:

So basically, you're saying that Nigeria doesn't have money to fix roads and other social responsibilities ?
Or that we neither have the engineering know-how to fix roads nor the money to hire foreign engineers ?

If these are what you believe, then perhaps you should be asking why.

Yes, Japan has trillions of dollars more in GDP than Nigeria. But did Japan need to spend all of its GDP dollars on fixing bad roads ?

Can you realistically say that Nigeria lacks the funds to fix roads while our legislators, about 1,000 men and women, who are said to consume about a quarter of our annual budget, are the highest paid in the entire world ?

Let's call a spade a spade.
The difference between Japan and Nigeria are simply matters of Priorities and Responsibilities, not the size of the economy.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Dicksonpal: 11:11am On Nov 04, 2016
Seyeah23:
Talk about a hard-working nation.
How long would it take to fix this road in your country?
2yrs
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Dicksonpal: 11:11am On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:

I can as well call u insane but I won't,..
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Dicksonpal: 11:22am On Nov 04, 2016
femicyrus:
imagine the thickness of the asphalt on the road in the 1st pix. can it ever have potholes in 20years?
well designed asphalt pavement should last 25-30 years
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by cj4humanity: 11:30am On Nov 04, 2016
Jostico:
oyibo na oyibo
I hate such statement. Stop giving them credit as if they are gods. They are ordinary human beings like u n I. We are just in different environments - theirs is favorable and thats all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BREAKING: Acting IGP Orders Disbandment Of FSARS, Others / Wike Commissions Judges Quarters, Names It After SAN / 16 SARS Operatives Indicted For Killings In Five States –presidential Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.