Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) (36976 Views)

We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo / Who Would You Say Is Educated Here(photo) / Fulani Herdsmen : Why The Nigerian Nation Should Be Worried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Rossikk(m): 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ugosample:

I know all these *smiles*

The game is an old game.
Use greedy and disgruntled people in a country to betray their own country, and sell it to the foreign business interests, that has always been the thing.

The one that pained me the most is Sankara, who to me is the best leader Africa ever had (forget that criminal Gadaffi)

He loved his country and was steering it towards the right direction, until the elite class in Burkina conspired with France to depose him.

The whites know our nature as greedy and selfish people who like power more than anything, that is why they keep doing what they do

Let me give you an instance

With the trillions of dollars at the disposal of the gulf States, that is more than enough to influence politics in European countries, hire mercenaries to depose governments and other shady things like that, and if it was possible to be deposing and controlling European leaders like that, don't you think that they will like such power?

But they can't because most of these leaders are loyal to their countries, and will not just ruin it over a piece of porridge

But what do you have in Africa?

Many who are willing to sell their countries

To cut a long story short, this thing is two sided, and you must acknowledge it.

But as usual, you blame whitey

First of all the ARAB world is POOR. Sorry, DIRT POOR, in comparison to the west. What ''trilions of dollars'' do the Gulf states have, compared to the west? Saudi Arabia. their richest state has an annual GDP of 784 billion dollars, just a little more than Nigeria's annual GDP. By contrast, France's annual GDP is 2.7 TRILLION dollars. I've not mentioned USA, UK, Germany, Holland, Italy!

So NO, the Arab leaders do not have the wherewithal to influence western policies. Your point is dead on arrival. There is as of yet NO POWER ON EARTH that is not western, which possesses the economic wherewithal to significantly influence western policy. If there was, you can bet your bottom dollar, that there will be no shortage of white folks only too eager to sell their countrymen for a mess of pottage. Do you realise that whites sold their fellow whites to Arab and black slave dealers in history, prior to the trans Atlantic slave trade?
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Ugosample(m): 9:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:

MORE GARBAGE. The west's prosperity is DEPENDENT on regions like Africa remaining primary commodity exporters and consumers of western manufactured imports, and western services, including financial services. It's been that way for CENTURIES. They do not have the same agenda with regard to Asia - for obvious reasons - Asia lacks the primary commodities Africa is endowed with. You simply have not studied the world the way it operates. You are blinded by your inferiority complex which defines issues according to 'skin colour' and race, as opposed to what is really at issue - interests.

Just look at the rubbish you are typing up there

You are talking to an economist here.

Okay, with incomes so low, and a small market, how does the west want to make Africa its primary market for their finished goods when many are so poor that they cannot even buy it

The diamonds mined from Liberia and Sierra Leone, how many Liberians and Sierra Leonians or even Africans but diamonds?

Or the Uranium that Niger sells to France, how much Uranioum does Niger use to develop its electricity?

Or even say Zambia that is Africa's chief copper exporter, can Zambia buy all that copper can produce

The list goes on and on.

The biggest Volume of trade in this world is between Europe and the United States, then United States and China, the whole African GDP is not even the size of Germany so what are you talking about?

With the abundant minerals in African countries, does these countries have the capacity to refine/manufacture all of it without selling some of the minerals to Europe

Take oil for instance, does Saudi or Iran refine all its oil

Don't they refine some, and sell some to others for them to use too

You are just there talking because you think you are talking to a regular nairalander who does not know his left from right.

Even the resources beneath the ground, prior to their arrival, did many African States know what was beneath their feet

Africa's development and Europe/America's development is not mutually exclusive..

We, no they are just too greedy and short sighted in Africa.

Simple

3 Likes

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Rossikk(m): 9:27pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ugosample:

Just look at the rubbish you are typing up there

You are talking to an economist here.
Some economist.

Okay, with incomes so low, and a small market, how does the west want to make Africa its primary market for their finished goods when many are so poor that they cannot even buy it
I said noting about ''making Africa its primary market''. Go and read what I wrote. What makes you think Africans are too poor to buy western manufactures? Since when? Do you know how many cars, buses and trucks are imported into Africa each year? Fridges, TVs, chemicals, heavy equipment, aircraft, I mean, what are you on about? There are over 1 billion people in Africa. It's not a village, despite what they show you on CNN.

The diamonds mined from Liberia and Sierra Leone, how many Liberians and Sierra Leonians or even Africans buy diamonds?

Or the Uranium that Niger sells to France, how much Uranioum does Niger use to develop its electricity?

Or even say Zambia that is Africa's chief copper exporter, can Zambia buy all that copper can produce

The list goes on and on.

I've no idea what you're talking about here I'm afraid. If Africa is not exporting raw materials, Africa is adding value to raw materials. It is in the west's interest for Africa to export raw materials as opposed to adding value to them, because the huge profits that come with adding value to raw materials would go to Africa, rather than to the west. So African leaders who intended to make Africa a manufacturing giant, where raw materials are processed and developed as opposed to exported, were the target of western assassination drives, which worked spectacularly well, as the earlier posts showed you.

With the abundant minerals in African countries, does these countries have the capacity to refine/manufacture all of it without selling some of the minerals to Europe

And Europe's agenda is to make sure you continue ''lacking the capacity'', by assassinating/deposing/undermining your progressive leaders (see above for examples). Your job is to look them in the face and say Fck off. Not worship them.

Even the resources beneath the ground, prior to their arrival, did many African States know what was beneath their feet

Before Africans discovered mining and metallurgy, and writing, and medicine, and architecture, and science, were the whites you worship not living in caves and savagely eating one another in the Caucasus mountains? If you want to go down that road, I'm more than happy to oblige you, Mr White worshipper.
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 04, 2016
Y don't u go there now is dat ineffectual buffon stoppin you....foreign ass licking unpatriotic element

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Ugosample(m): 9:39pm On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:

Some economist.

I said noting about ''making Africa its primary market''. Go and read what I wrote. What makes you think Africans are too poor to buy western manufactures? Since when? Do you know how many cars, buses and trucks are imported into Africa each year? Fridges, TVs, chemicals, heavy equipment, aircraft, I mean, what are you on about? There are over 1 billion people in Africa. It's not a village, despite what they show you on CNN.

I've no idea what you're talking about here I'm afraid. If Africa is not exporting raw materials, Africa is adding value to raw materials. It is in the west's interest for Africa to export raw materials as opposed to adding value to them, because the profits that come with adding value to raw materials will go to Africa, rather than the west. So African leaders who intended to make Africa a manufacturing giant, where raw materials are processed and developed as opposed to exported, were the target of western assassination drives, which worked spectacularly well, as the earlier posts showed you.

And Europe's agenda is to make sure you continue ''lacking the capacity''. Your job is to look rhem in the face and say Fck off. Not worship them.

Before Africans discovered mining and metallurgy, and writing, and medicine, and architecture, and science, were the whites you worship not living in caves and savagely eating one another in the Caucasus mountains? If you want to go down that road, I'm more than happy, Mr White worshipper.

Hey pleaee stop that talk of "white worshipper" because I am not.... I'm just stating my facts and you are stating yours.

We both agree on two things though, that Africa needs to stand for itself, and that Africa needs to add more value to resources.

Nobody is going to teach us that, so we have to teach ourselves, go and learn covertly from those who know, then come and replicate it here China style...

About that talk about African market, it is indeed not as buoyant as you think it is, despite the fact that I must say, over 15 years or has expended 175 % at least.
It still has a long way to go.

I have been to several African countries, intact as we speak I am in one, and I have seen the good, bad, and not too ugly here. They have made progress but they still have a long way to go, as opposed to Nigeria my country that has electricity in many villages, electricity penetration here is still not deep at all in the villages..

I love my continent and want it to grow, but we must change our mindset one by one for this to happen...

The more enlightened we are, and the more we love our continent, the more progress we will make as a team....

GO TEAM AFRICA grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Ugosample(m): 9:41pm On Nov 04, 2016
genghiskhan007:
Y don't u go there now is dat ineffectual buffon stoppin you....foreign ass licking unpatriotic element

jeez

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by thedarkside: 10:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:
Slaveboy, Who mentioned 'white man' here except you? Go and read about how the west deliberately created the 3 or 4 Asian Tiger economies as a bulwark against communism after WW2, by granting them access to western markets, capital, and technology transfer, before assuming they did it all in their own. If they are 'superhuman', how come their brothers and neighbours like Cambodia, Nepal, Burma, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka etc, are still wallowing in underdevelopment and poverty? Why are they not all like Singapore? If your racial nonsense is true, they should all be advanced, not just a few. Onukwu.

guy...i like you....your arguments are strong... smiley
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by thedarkside: 10:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ugosample:

I know all that story,, no be only you sabi read.

The U.S. foreign policy of the 1960s was to contain communism, not ruin African countries per se.
If Mobutu invested in his country with all that money that he got from outside as bribe not to swing east, he would not have been deposed at all.

I know all about Patrice Lumumba, heck, my house mate currently is from DRC, but how singular crime was leaning towards the east, and that is why he got deleted principally, not because he wanted to develop his country.

Even in Nicaragua it was the same thing.
Leaders who leaned towards Russia got deposed, simple, whether you were developing your country or not, that is your headache.

Leave story abeg, no be only you sabi

in a snicky way,you make sense too... undecided undecided undecided
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Rossikk(m): 10:45pm On Nov 04, 2016
thedarkside:

guy...i like you....your arguments are strong... smiley

Thanks bro... You see, the minute you remove this racial issue, and see all humans as equal, it removes a lot of nonsense from one's sight. You start to see the world as being essentially a game. Africans, as a result of being cut off from the world for about a thousand years, came late to the game. That's why we're playing catch-up. It's nothing to do with black/white/yellow nonsense. When you're new to the game, you'll be making the kind of mistakes that those that have been at it for hundreds of years before you no longer make. Whether it's corruption o, or inefficiency o, or any other thing. You will be in catch-up mode. It doesn't mean you are inferior, or less intelligent, or less of anything, than those that are ahead. You're simply a newbie on the scene. After a while, you'll catch up. Let me give you an example. Today, our 'maintenance culture' is not up to par, but I guarantee you it is much better than it used to be. When we built in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, we totally neglected maintenance issues. Such that our monuments built back then are virtually irredeemable today - National Theatre, National Stadium Lagos, Ajaokuta Steel etc etc. But if you notice, the more recent developments are being maintained a lot better - the numerous shopping malls, stadia, Lagos CBD, Tinapa, many roads etc etc... Today, most infrastructural developments come with maintenance contracts, entered into with the private sector. Soon, in a couple of decades maybe, ''maintenance'' will no longer be an issue.. We would have moved beyond that. smiley

If you'd visited China 40 years ago, you would have never believed they would be a world power in a few decades. Such was the underdevelopment, poverty, and corruption of the place. Owning a bicycle was their sign of prosperity! Yet look at them today. A manufacturing colossus. The one thing about this world, which many who live now fail to realise is that, CHANGE is constant. Come back in the next 100 years, and you will be stunned by how the world would have changed. In 200 years time, we could have advanced black nations dotted across Africa and beyond, with whites begging for visa to enter. You could have a (by then) minority white population on the globe campaigning against racial discrimination against whites, and the mass poverty of Europeans. It is a big mistake for people to just look at the way the world is today, and conclude it will always be that way. Such people are clearly not students of history..

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Ugosample(m): 10:58pm On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:

Thanks bro... You see, the minute you remove this racial issue, and see all humans as equal, it removes a lot of nonsense from one's sight. You start to see the world as being essentially a game. Africans, as a result of being cut off from the world for about a thousand years, came late to the game. That's why we're playing catch up. It's nothing to do with black/white/yellow nonsense. When you're new to the game, you'll be making the kind of mistakes that those that have been at it for hundreds of years before you no longer make. Whether it's corruption o, or inefficiency o, or any other thing. You will be in catch up mode. It doesn't mean you are inferior, or less intelligent, or less of anything, than those that are ahead. You're simply a newbie on the scene. After a while, you'll catch up. Let me give you an example. Today, our 'maintenance culture' is not up to par, but I guarantee you it is much better than it used to be. When we built in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, we totally neglected maintenance issues. Such that our monuments built back then are virtually irredeemable today - National Theatre, National Stadium Lagos, Ajaokuta Steel etc etc. But if you notice the more recent developments are being maintained a lot better - the numerous shopping malls, stadia, Lagos CBD, Tinapa, many roads etc etc... Today, most infrastructural developments come with maintenance contracts, entered into with the private sector. Soon, in a couple of decades maybe, ''maintenance'' will no longer be an issue.. We would have moved beyond that. smiley

If you'd visited China 40 years ago, you would have never believed they would be a world power in a few decades. Such was the underdevelopment, poverty, and corruption of the place. Owning a bicycle was their sign of prosperity! Yet look at them today. The one thing about this world, which many who live now fail to realise is that, CHANGE is constant. Come back in the next 100 years, and you will be stunned by how the world would have changed. In 200 years time, we could have advanced black nations dotted across Africa and beyond, with whites begging for visa to enter. You could have a (by then) minority white population on the globe campaigning against racial discrimination against whites, and the mass poverty of Europeans. It is a big mistake for people to just look at the way the world is today, and conclude it will always be that way. Such people are clearly not students of history..

I kinda agree with these points you raised Rossikk
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Ugosample(m): 11:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
thedarkside:

in a snicky way,you make sense too... undecided undecided undecided
Lol darkside.... Thanks too cheesy
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Rossikk(m): 11:02pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ugosample:

I kinda agree with these points you raised Rossikk

Thanks dude. cool
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by thedarkside: 11:12pm On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:

Thanks bro... You see, the minute you remove this racial issue, and see all humans as equal, it removes a lot of nonsense from one's sight. You start to see the world as being essentially a game. Africans, as a result of being cut off from the world for about a thousand years, came late to the game. That's why we're playing catch up. It's nothing to do with black/white/yellow nonsense. When you're new to the game, you'll be making the kind of mistakes that those that have been at it for hundreds of years before you no longer make. Whether it's corruption o, or inefficiency o, or any other thing. You will be in catch-up mode. It doesn't mean you are inferior, or less intelligent, or less of anything, than those that are ahead. You're simply a newbie on the scene. After a while, you'll catch up. Let me give you an example. Today, our 'maintenance culture' is not up to par, but I guarantee you it is much better than it used to be. When we built in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, we totally neglected maintenance issues. Such that our monuments built back then are virtually irredeemable today - National Theatre, National Stadium Lagos, Ajaokuta Steel etc etc. But if you notice, the more recent developments are being maintained a lot better - the numerous shopping malls, stadia, Lagos CBD, Tinapa, many roads etc etc... Today, most infrastructural developments come with maintenance contracts, entered into with the private sector. Soon, in a couple of decades maybe, ''maintenance'' will no longer be an issue.. We would have moved beyond that. smiley

If you'd visited China 40 years ago, you would have never believed they would be a world power in a few decades. Such was the underdevelopment, poverty, and corruption of the place. Owning a bicycle was their sign of prosperity! Yet look at them today. A manufacturing colossus. The one thing about this world, which many who live now fail to realise is that, CHANGE is constant. Come back in the next 100 years, and you will be stunned by how the world would have changed. In 200 years time, we could have advanced black nations dotted across Africa and beyond, with whites begging for visa to enter. You could have a (by then) minority white population on the globe campaigning against racial discrimination against whites, and the mass poverty of Europeans. It is a big mistake for people to just look at the way the world is today, and conclude it will always be that way. Such people are clearly not students of history..

dont forget the 400years of white-brain-washing..

i am surprised that many blacks are noticing this mental-illness..it is a illness...

their is no need to hate anybody in this world.....this is a game of survival,thats all..nothing personal....
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Ugosample(m): 11:15pm On Nov 04, 2016
thedarkside:

dont forget the 400years of white-brain-washing..

i am surprised that many blacks are noticing this mental-illness..it is a illness...

their is no need to hate anybody in this world.....this is a game of survival,thats all..nothing personal....

Yea right...

It's a game of interest, nothing personal
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:
Slaveboy, Who mentioned 'white man' here except you? Go and read about how the west deliberately created the 3 or 4 Asian Tiger economies as a bulwark against communism after WW2, by granting them access to western markets, capital, and technology transfer, before assuming they did it all in their own. If they are 'superhuman', how come their brothers and neighbours like Cambodia, Nepal, Burma, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka etc, are still wallowing in underdevelopment and poverty? Why are they not all like Singapore? If your racial nonsense is true, they should all be advanced, not just a few. Onukwu.

Interesting

I wonder why the US didn't create such a buffer in Nepal or Cambodia. Any suggestions?
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by thedarkside: 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ugosample:

Yea right...

It's a game of interest, nothing personal

its a game of life.......study the animal world for example,then you start seeing things diffrently..$

that doesnt mean i want those white strange ones to do that to me again...

time will tell how all this pend out....

but only one thing i know:
the attitude of the white-race will be their destruction one day....
the more stronger you are,the more enemies you will have that want to take your place....its human-nature..nothing personal...
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by meditator(m): 11:36pm On Nov 04, 2016
ArabMopol:
it will take half century to fix this kind of road in Nigeria... buhari is a fool
what has Buhari got to do with this now ? try to be positive boy
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Rossikk(m): 2:11am On Nov 05, 2016
CFCman:

Interesting

I wonder why the US didn't create such a buffer in Nepal or Cambodia. Any suggestions?

They didn't need to (the Allies). Firstly it wasn't in their interest for ALL of Asia to become advanced. And secondly, all they needed was a handful of states in the region to prop up, and have them dominate the region economically, to achieve western capitalist interests and hegemony.

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by ArabMopol(m): 6:50am On Nov 05, 2016
meditator:
what has Buhari got to do with this now ? try to be positive boy
Buhari is a clown and if u are support him you are a puppet
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Jackyboy: 11:01am On Nov 05, 2016
Rossikk:
Japan has advanced technology, plus an annual GDP of 4.92 TRILLION dollars.

Thus, comparing her current engineering capabilities to that of Nigeria is insanity.

OP, it's not about who is a ''hardworking nation'' and who isn't a ''hardworking nation'' - whatever the hell that means.

The economic and development profiles of nations are far more complicated than such silly simplifications.

Japan was nuked during the WWII (Atomic bombs where dropped in Hiroshima&Nagasaki).
The Americans targeted their economic hub states. And still Japan was able to grow their country and economy to what it is today!
We love excuses a lot in Nigeria! We encourage our leaders by not comparing standards!

In my lil opinion!

2 Likes

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Michel2013: 11:50am On Nov 05, 2016
sekundosekundo:
If it's in Nigeria, they will blame the opposition party for the earthquake and afterwards the road will be abandoned b'cos it leads to South East.

hahahahahahahahah
thats pure truth bro.
SE must forget nigeria govt and embark on regional development thro PPP
to hell with nigeria govt.yes we can do it and we are ready to bear the cost.

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 05, 2016
Rossikk:

They didn't need to (the Allies). Firstly it wasn't in their interest for ALL of Asia to become advanced. And secondly, all they needed was a handful of states in the region to prop up, and have them dominate the region economically, to achieve western capitalist interests and hegemony.

Wow
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by meditator(m): 8:25am On Oct 03, 2017
ArabMopol:
Buhari is a clown and if u are support him you are a puppet
You are a big fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#ondodecides2016: PDP Governorship Candidates Appeal Judgement & Hearings / Nigerians Defy FG’s Twitter Ban / Emeka Nwajiuba's Resignation Prompted Buhari's Order To Other Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.