Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,829 members, 7,956,146 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:25 AM

This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) (37109 Views)

We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo / Who Would You Say Is Educated Here(photo) / Fulani Herdsmen : Why The Nigerian Nation Should Be Worried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by thedarksider: 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2016
TheRealestGuy:
What in hell you talking about dude?

undecided

what do you mean??...do you want to tell me its not the truth??

do japanese earn so much like americans or europeans....??...tell the truth..

stop masturbating on yourselves....nigeria can surpass japan anytime...you know why?..

because no matter how hard working you are,,weeeeeeeeeee still own the most valueble resources in the world...

sooo..keep on breaking your backs and commiting suicid been a cheap labor force for the white-race-...

we dont care...
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by TheRealestGuy(m): 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2016
thedarksider:

what do you mean??...do you want to tell me its not the truth??

do japanese earn so much like americans or europeans....??...tell the truth..

stop masturbating on yourselves....nigeria can surpass japan anytime...you know why?..

because no matter how hard working you are,,weeeeeeeeeee still own the most valueble resources in the world...

sooo..keep on breaking your backs and commiting suicid been a cheap labor force for the white-race-...

we dont care...
Lol. Willful ignorance and crass stupidity should be a crime!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by lailo: 2:30pm On Nov 04, 2016
PDP will leave d road for 16 years and wailing zombies will expect APC to fix it in 6 days just like japan.
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:
Japan has advanced technology, plus an annual GDP of 4.92 TRILLION dollars.

Thus, comparing her current engineering capabilities to that of Nigeria is insanity.

OP, it's not about who is a ''hardworking nation'' and who isn't a ''hardworking nation'' - whatever the hell that means.

The economic and development profiles of nations are far more complicated than such silly simplifications.
but Japan did not get there through laziness.
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by ItsawrapOutfit: 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2016
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by InvertedHammer: 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:

Thus, comparing her current engineering capabilities to that of Nigeria is insanity.

OP, it's not about who is a ''hardworking nation'' and who isn't a ''hardworking nation'' - whatever the hell that means.

The economic and development profiles of nations are far more complicated than such silly simplifications.
/
You missed the point.

All the factors you pointed out have nothing to do with the issue.
\
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
By the time Nigeria gets to the present state of Japan, Japanese will be living in space
that was epic
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by sekundosekundo: 2:46pm On Nov 04, 2016
thedarksider:

i would even say it in your face sef...

japanese people dont like you in your black-skin.......they think you are a lazy strange one that like to talk 12h and sleep 12 hours a day...!..

i had a thai-girlfriend...the japanese even think worse over you...

Well, it depends on individual. I hv bn there several times, what I do is to mind my business that's all.
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by UchaNwababa: 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ugosample:

What does the Swiss Germans have in common with the Swiss French and the Swiss Italians?

What does the Malay, Chinese, Indians and the fee whites there have in common in Singapore?

Yet are these countries not progressive countries?

No Amount of Gospel will make me luv dis Con3, Cos it was built by a False And its Name was giving by a Prostitude Flora Shaw, take it or leave it We need to go home (BIAFRA)
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Gerrard59(m): 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:

Since I joined Nairaland, I've always known you as someone who loves excuses, blaming others for your predicament and most obviously supporting ineptitude in Africa.

I'm surprised you didn't blame the white man for the pic.

Here are pictures from an important street in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State - an oil producing state - which Japan doesn't have. Who do you blame? The white man? undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by ceejay4real(m): 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
By the time Nigeria gets to the present state of Japan, Japanese will be living in space

Nigeria will never get to where Japan is currently. Quote me anywhere!

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Ugosample(m): 5:13pm On Nov 04, 2016
UchaNwababa:
No Amount of Gospel will make me luv dis Con3, Cos it was built by a False And its Name was giving by a Prostitude Flora Shaw, take it or leave it We need to go home (BIAFRA)

Na you sabi.
We will see whether this yeye dream of yours will become a reality.
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by coolvitus(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2016
Naija is not wort bn a country that is the truth of the matter. The contraption is set up to fail that is why nothing can ever work no matter how u try or cry or lament it will never change anything. And ppl without certificate will ver rul professors in this zoo that one na sure banka.
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Ugosample(m): 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
UchaNwababa:

You see your life outside

Calling flora Shaw a prostitute just shows how low your level of reasoning is.

Prior to 1914, there was no country called Nigeria, but the Northern and Southern protectorates.

Flora Shaw married Luggard in 1902.

So where is the "prostitute" coming from
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Rossikk(m): 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2016
Gerrard59:

Since I joined Nairaland, I've always known you as someone who loves excuses, blaming others for your predicament and most obviously supporting ineptitude in Africa.

I'm surprised you didn't blame the white man for the pic.

Here are pictures from an important street in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State - an oil producing state - which Japan doesn't have. Who do you blame? The white man? undecided
Spare me your stinking inferiority complex. I have always known you to be a slave to whites, such as now, when you mentioned them out of the blue. I can send you a padlock for your lips to complete your servitude.
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Rossikk(m): 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
ceejay4real:

Nigeria will never get to where Japan is currently. Quote me anywhere!
You are a shortsighted ignoramus. In the next 50 years, whatever you see in Japan today will be old hat even in Somalia. Nigeria had not one university or expressway 50 years ago. Today we count such things in the hundreds. By logical extension, tomorrow, we will be counting them in the thousands. Lesson: Your inferiority complex cannot stop Nigeria/Africa, from advancing. Ever.
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by dataking: 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
The op who posted that can lie. In fact I salute.
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Rossikk(m): 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2016
SAVEDBABA:
but Japan did not get there through laziness.
Nigerians are among the most hardworking people on the face of the earth. What are you talking about?
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Rossikk(m): 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2016
harmbhrosz:
Mr man, it's not about the money or being Technology inclined but about doing things right at the right time(and not embezzle and delay the project unnecessarily)
Sorry, but fixing a road as damaged as that in 6 days flat, requires advanced technology which in itself is tied to heavy funding, which is tied to GDP. Have you asked how that road was fixed and what it cost to fix it in 6 days? No? Well, start from there before attacking Nigeria. Let's assume it cost $50 million to fix it. If you were the Works minister in Nigeria, with an annual budget of say $400 million, do you realise you would be crazy to pay $50 million to fix that road in 6 days, rather than say $5 million for a 6 week job? And if you made the intelligent 2nd choice, how would you feel if some uninformed, insolent kids on Nairaland started insulting you for not completing the job in 6 days, 'like in Japan'?
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Gerrard59(m): 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:
Sorry, but fixing a road as damaged as that in 6 days

Mr excuses. I knew you must find one excuse to blame the ineptitude in Africa on the white man.

Singapore, South Korea, Malaysia, Brazil, Thailand and Nigeria had same in common during the '50s and' 60s, where are they today? Where's Nigeria? Honestly, can Nigeria be compared to South Korea of today?

Singapore got her independence in 1965, Nigeria had hers in 1960. Both nations underwent turmoil, economic crises, tribal warfare etc. However, as of November 4th 2016, Singapore has uninterrupted power supply but Nigeria that possess crude oil doesn't have same - Singapore refines more oil than Nigeria, even though she doesn't have a drop of liquid. Who do you blame for such? The white man? Even when Lee Kuan Yew finished from Cambridge University and Balewa finished from UCL. shocked

The problem of Africa lies with Africans. Learn to take responsibility for your actions. Japan doesn't possess crude oil, but she can never have that kind of road I passed through today in an oil producing state capital. Imagine the city of Nagoya having a road as such shocked shocked

BTW, has Cap28 been deported by Theresa May Brexit? grin Been a while I saw his mumu posts.

3 Likes

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Rossikk(m): 7:09pm On Nov 04, 2016
Gerrard59:

Mr excuses. I knew you must find one excuse to blame the ineptitude in Africa on the white man.

Singapore, South Korea, Malaysia, Brazil, Thailand and Nigeria had same in common during the '50s and' 60s, where are they today? Where's Nigeria? Honestly, can Nigeria be compared to South Korea of today?

Singapore got her independence in 1965, Nigeria had hers in 1960. Both nations underwent turmoil, economic crises, tribal warfare etc. However, as of November 4th 2016, Singapore has uninterrupted power supply but Nigeria that possess crude oil doesn't have same - Singapore refines more oil than Nigeria, even though she doesn't have a drop of liquid. Who do you blame for such? The white man? Even when Lee Kuan Yew finished from Cambridge University and Balewa finished from UCL. shocked

The problem of Africa lies with Africans. Learn to take responsibility for your actions. Japan doesn't possess crude oil, but she can never have that kind of road I passed through today in an oil producing state capital. Imagine the city of Nagoya having a road as such shocked shocked

BTW, has Cap28 been deported by Theresa May Brexit? grin Been a while I saw his mumu posts.
Slaveboy, Who mentioned 'white man' here except you? Go and read about how the west deliberately created the 3 or 4 Asian Tiger economies as capitalist bulwarks against communism after WW2, by granting them access to western markets, capital, and technology transfer, before assuming they did it all in their own. If they are 'superhuman', how come their brothers and neighbours like Cambodia, Nepal, Burma, Vietnam, Bhutan, Mongolia, Laos, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka etc, are still mired in poverty and underdevelopment? Why are they not all like Singapore? If your racial nonsense is true, they should all be advanced, not just a few.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by harmbhrosz(m): 7:21pm On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:
Sorry, but fixing a road as damaged as that in 6 days flat, requires advanced technology which in itself is tied to heavy funding, which is tied to GDP. Have you asked how that road was fixed and what it cost to fix it in 6 days? No? Well, start from there before attacking Nigeria. Let's assume it cost $50 million to fix it. If you were the Works minister in Nigeria, with an annual budget of say $400 million, do you realise you would be crazy to pay $50 million to fix that road in 6 days, rather than say $5 million for a 6 week job? And if you made the intelligent 2nd choice, how would you feel if some uninformed, insolent kids on Nairaland started insulting you for not completing the job in 6 days, 'like in Japan'?
No one is attacking Nigeria, we're simply saying truth of how bad our governments are.

See how it works over there, construction companies over there do have maintenance deal with the government based on location so when there is any damage on their road, the maintainance company does the repair with immediate effect.

Not unlike Nigeria that even old Federal roads has derailed to an unacceptable stage. And they have to stall every project that concerns the masses

And forget about the money, because Nigeria has the money but greed is killing us

I didn't actually buy the "6 days" crap but our leaders are incompetent in every way.

A country that is the number 8 most populous nation in the world where over 70% of it cities don't even have steady/functioning street light in 2016, is this how it's meant to be?
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Ugosample(m): 7:29pm On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:
Slaveboy, Who mentioned 'white man' here except you? Go and read about how the west deliberately created the 3 or 4 Asian Tiger economies as a bulwark against communism after WW2, by granting them access to western markets, capital, and technology transfer, before assuming they did it all in their own. If they are 'superhuman', how come their brothers and neighbours like Cambodia, Nepal, Burma, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka etc, are still wallowing in underdevelopment and poverty? Why are they not all like Singapore? If your racial nonsense is true, they should all be advanced, not just a few. Onukwu.

I have noticed you for years, and I have noticed two things about you

1) You are an optimist which is good But

2) You are in denial which is bad.

Just look at what you wrote up there about the west "deliberately" creating the 3 Asian tigers, talking to us like we no go school and we no sabi anything.

If their leaders were criminals, would they have gone far?

Wasn't mobutu getting enough loans and aid from the west too as bribe so that Zaire does not fall into communist hands

What did Mobutu do with those billions, so much so that he became the 5 th richest person on earth in his time

Africans are too greedy, and we must change, simple and short.

Though I acknowledge that Africa has made some progress, but more should be done

3 Likes

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Ugosample(m): 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2016
harmbhrosz:
No one is attacking Nigeria, we're simply saying truth of how bad our governments are.

See how it works over there, construction companies over there do have maintenance deal with the government based on location so when there is any damage on their road, the maintainance company does the repair with immediate effect.

Not unlike Nigeria that even old Federal roads has derailed to an unacceptable stage. And they have to stall every project that concerns the masses

And forget about the money, because Nigeria has the money but greed is killing us

I didn't actually buy the "6 days" crap but our leaders are incompetent in every way.

A country that is the number 8 most populous nation in the world where over 70% of it cities don't even have steady/functioning street light in 2016, is this how it's meant to be?

Exactly what I am trying to say....
Too much greed and wickedness
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by General2COAS(m): 7:49pm On Nov 04, 2016
ItsawrapOutfit:

Wow, thank you for curing my ignorance grin
u're welcome bro
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by NigPatriot(m): 8:05pm On Nov 04, 2016
plaetton:

So basically, you're saying that Nigeria doesn't have money to fix roads and other social responsibilities ?
Or that we neither have the engineering know-how to fix roads nor the money to hire foreign engineers ?

If these are what you believe, then perhaps you should be asking why.

Yes, Japan has trillions of dollars more in GDP than Nigeria. But did Japan need to spend all of its GDP dollars on fixing bad roads ?

Can you realistically say that Nigeria lacks the funds to fix roads while our legislators, about 1,000 men and women, who are said to consume about a quarter of our annual budget, are the highest paid in the entire world ?

Let's call a spade a spade.
The difference between Japan and Nigeria are simply matters of Priorities and Responsibilities, not the size of the economy.

Can't add more to this! Rightly said.

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Rossikk(m): 8:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ugosample:

I have noticed you for years, and I have noticed two things about you

1) You are an optimist which is good But

2) You are in denial which is bad.

Just look at what you wrote up there about the west "deliberately" creating the 3 Asian tigers, talking to us like we no go school and we no sabi anything.

If their leaders were criminals, would they have gone far?

Wasn't mobutu getting enough loans and aid from the west too as bribe so that Zaire does not fall into communist hands

What did Mobutu do with those billions, so much so that he became the 5 th richest person on earth in his time

Africans are too greedy, and we must change, simple and short.

Though I acknowledge that Africa has made some progress, but more should be done

Such GARBAGE. A sign that you have read something, but you are not WELL READ (Big difference). For your information, Mobutu was a US stooge, and a blatant IMPOSITION on Zaire, and he was most certainly no progressive a la Lee Kwan Yew. He was put there to make sure Zaire remained a primary product export economy, as is their intention for Africa, ie to produce raw materials for export, NOT for internal processing and value addition.

Before Mobutu - an army illiterate - was imposed on Zaire by the US to destroy the Zaire economy and turn it into a playground of western interests, that country had a PROPER, elected leader called PATRICE LUMUMBA, who was highly popular, and was on his way to turning Zaire into a virtual EL DORADO, until he was assassinated by agents closely tied to the CIA. This is even declassified information which the US openly admits to. Many conscientious, progressive African leaders who would have fast-tracked African development after independence were either assassinated or deposed by western-backed elements. Thomas Sankara, Murtala Muhammed, Kwame Nkrumah, Patrice Lumumba, Muammar Ghadaffi, the list goes on. Those that replaced them were intimidated and essentially became puppets of the western powers. That is the TRUTH. To be a 100% true African leader, you will battle not just against your opponents at home, but your (very powerful and influential) opponents abroad. So please, go and study more. You don't really know what is going on in this world.

This is from the Guardian UK:

''Patrice Lumumba, prime minister of newly independent Congo, was the second of five leaders of independence movements in African countries to be assassinated in the 1960s by their former colonial masters, or their agents.

A sixth, Kwame Nkrumah of Ghana, was ousted in a western-backed coup in 1966, and a seventh, Amilcar Cabral, leader of the west African liberation movement against Portugal of the African Party for the Independence of Guinea and Cape Verde, (Partido Africano da Independência da Guiné e Cabo Verde or PAIGC) in Guinea Bissau and Cape Verde, was assassinated in 1973.

Lumumba's death in 1961 followed on from that of the opposition leader of Cameroon, Felix Moumie, poisoned in 1960. Sylvanus Olympio, leader of Togo was killed in 1963. Mehdi Ben Barka, leader of the Moroccan opposition movement was kidnapped in France in 1965 and his body never found. Eduardo Mondlane, leader of Mozambique's Frelimo, fighting for independence from the Portuguese, died from a parcel bomb in 1969.

The loss 50 years ago of this group of leaders, who all knew each other, and had a common political project based on national dignity, crippled each of their countries, and the African continent. The effects are still evident today.''

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/poverty-matters/2011/jan/17/lumumba-50th-anniversary-african-leaders-assassinations
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by MagnaB: 8:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
FYB:
CBN is warning us against mmm, but our oga @ the top is 'codedly' providing and asking for help

I was merged with baba

Guy u foolish o. I don laff taya for here. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Ugosample(m): 8:39pm On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:

Such GARBAGE. A sign that you have read something, but you are not WELL READ. (Big difference) For your information, Mobutu was a US stooge, and a blatant IMPOSITION on Zaire, and he was most certainly no progressive a la Lee Kwan Yeuw. Before Mobutu - an army illiterate - was imposed on Zaire by the US to destroy the Zaire economy and turn it into a playground of western interests, that country had a leader called PATRICE LUMUMBA, who was duly elected by the people, was highly popular, and was on his way to turning Zaire into a a virtual EL DORADO, until he was assassinated by agents closely tied to the CIA. This is even declassified information which the US openly admits to. Many conscientious, progressive African leaders who would have fast-tracked African development after independence were either assassinated or deposed by western-backed elements. Thomas Sankara, Murtala Muhammed, Kwame Nkrumah, Patrice Lumumba, Muammar Ghadaffi, the list goes on. Those that replaced them were intimidated and essentially became puppets of the western powers. That is the TRUTH. To be a 100% true African leader, you will battle not just against your opponents at home, but your (very powerful and influential) opponents abroad. So please, go and study more. You don't really know what is going on in this world.

I know all that story,, no be only you sabi read.

The U.S. foreign policy of the 1960s was to contain communism, not ruin African countries per se.
If Mobutu invested in his country with all that money that he got from outside as bribe not to swing east, he would not have been deposed at all.

I know all about Patrice Lumumba, heck, my house mate currently is from DRC, but how singular crime was leaning towards the east, and that is why he got deleted principally, not because he wanted to develop his country.

Even in Nicaragua it was the same thing.
Leaders who leaned towards Russia got deposed, simple, whether you were developing your country or not, that is your headache.

Leave story abeg, no be only you sabi

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by babaoo: 8:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
though it will it years before the road is fix in Nigeria but the truth is that no country can fix that amount of damage road in 6 days.it will will take more than 6 weeks,because how many hours will it take them to clear the damage road before there fill the ground to standard level before there start road.....
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Rossikk(m): 8:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ugosample:

I know all that story,, no be only you sabi read.

The U.S. foreign policy of the 1960s was to contain communism, not ruin African countries per se.
If Mobutu invested in his country with all that money that he got from outside as bribe not to swing east, he would not have been deposed at all.

I know all about Patrice Lumumba, heck, my house mate currently is from DRC, but how singular crime was leaning towards the east, and that is why he got deleted principally, not because he wanted to develop his country.

Even in Nicaragua it was the same thing.
Leaders who leaned towards Russia got deposed, simple, whether you were developing your country or not, that is your headache.

Leave story abeg, no be only you sabi

MORE GARBAGE. The west's prosperity is DEPENDENT on regions like Africa remaining primary commodity exporters and consumers of western manufactured imports, and western services, including financial services. It's been that way for CENTURIES. They do not have the same agenda with regard to Asia - for obvious reasons - Asia lacks the primary commodities Africa is endowed with. You simply have not studied the world the way it operates. You are blinded by your inferiority complex which defines issues according to 'skin colour' and race, as opposed to what is really at issue - interests.
Re: This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) by Ugosample(m): 8:51pm On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:

Such GARBAGE. A sign that you have read something, but you are not WELL READ (Big difference). For your information, Mobutu was a US stooge, and a blatant IMPOSITION on Zaire, and he was most certainly no progressive a la Lee Kwan Yeuw. He was put there to make sure Zaire remained a primary product export economy, as is their intention for Africa, ie to produce raw materials for export, NOT for internal processing and value addition.

Before Mobutu - an army illiterate - was imposed on Zaire by the US to destroy the Zaire economy and turn it into a playground of western interests, that country had a leader called PATRICE LUMUMBA, who was duly elected by the people, was highly popular, and was on his way to turning Zaire into a a virtual EL DORADO, until he was assassinated by agents closely tied to the CIA. This is even declassified information which the US openly admits to. Many conscientious, progressive African leaders who would have fast-tracked African development after independence were either assassinated or deposed by western-backed elements. Thomas Sankara, Murtala Muhammed, Kwame Nkrumah, Patrice Lumumba, Muammar Ghadaffi, the list goes on. Those that replaced them were intimidated and essentially became puppets of the western powers. That is the TRUTH. To be a 100% true African leader, you will battle not just against your opponents at home, but your (very powerful and influential) opponents abroad. So please, go and study more. You don't really know what is going on in this world.

This is from the Guardian UK:

''Patrice Lumumba, prime minister of newly independent Congo, was the second of five leaders of independence movements in African countries to be assassinated in the 1960s by their former colonial masters, or their agents.

A sixth, Kwame Nkrumah of Ghana, was ousted in a western-backed coup in 1966, and a seventh, Amilcar Cabral, leader of the west African liberation movement against Portugal of the African Party for the Independence of Guinea and Cape Verde, (Partido Africano da Independência da Guiné e Cabo Verde or PAIGC) in Guinea Bissau and Cape Verde, was assassinated in 1973.

Lumumba's death in 1961 followed on from that of the opposition leader of Cameroon, Felix Moumie, poisoned in 1960. Sylvanus Olympio, leader of Togo was killed in 1963. Mehdi Ben Barka, leader of the Moroccan opposition movement was kidnapped in France in 1965 and his body never found. Eduardo Mondlane, leader of Mozambique's Frelimo, fighting for independence from the Portuguese, died from a parcel bomb in 1969.

The loss 50 years ago of this group of leaders, who all knew each other, and had a common political project based on national dignity, crippled each of their countries, and the African continent. The effects are still evident today.''

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/poverty-matters/2011/jan/17/lumumba-50th-anniversary-african-leaders-assassinations

I know all these *smiles*

The game is an old game.
Use greedy and disgruntled people in a country to betray their own country, and sell it to the foreign business interests, that has always been the thing.

The one that pained me the most is Sankara, who to me is the best leader Africa ever had (forget that criminal Gadaffi)

He loved his country and was steering it towards the right direction, until the elite class in Burkina conspired with France to depose him.

The whites know our nature as greedy and selfish people who like power more than anything, that is why they keep doing what they do

Let me give you an instance

With the trillions of dollars at the disposal of the gulf States, that is more than enough to influence politics in European countries, hire mercenaries to depose governments and other shady things like that, and if it was possible to be deposing and controlling European leaders like that, don't you think that they will like such power?

But they can't because most of these leaders are loyal to their countries, and will not just ruin it over a piece of porridge

But what do you have in Africa?

Many who are willing to sell their countries

To cut a long story short, this thing is two sided, and you must acknowledge it.

But as usual, you blame whitey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: Peter Obi Storms Pastor Tunde Bakare's Church With Dele Momodu (photos) / Namadi Sambo Wins His Polling Unit For Atiku, PDP / Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.