Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:31 AM

What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? (2855 Views)

I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari / Seun, Ngwankwe &NL's Should Help Me Out, What Is Obj's Political VALUE? / Ribadu Has No Political Value, Edwin Clark Tells PDP. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by sjeezy8: 2:33pm On Oct 30, 2009
we re not we're

amaka myob nikku
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by THEAMAKA(f): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2009
sjeezy8:

we re not we're

amaka myob nikku
sharap jo
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by Redman44(m): 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2009
I joined Nairaland early this year and I must confess that this site has the power to effect changes in Nigeria. People keep joining the site daily but it seems Nigerians are not bold enough to take the destiny of the country into their hands. President Barack Obama used Facebook to sign up about 2 million supporters during his race to the White House. Obama was adept at using new technologies to boost his campaign and he succeeded cheesy cheesy I get pissed off when Nigerians create forums and start off groups on Facebook without them really willing to put in the hardwork that will produce results. The internet can be used to effect changes in any country. There are so many tools on the web that Nigerian youths can tap into to better their lives. Instead, many of our youths use the web only to chat and dupe others.

A couple of months ago, I responded to a young man's request on Nairaland about how to start a business with 150,000 Naira. I gave out my email addy and told him to get in touch with me. Before I knew it, I was flooded with requests for Business ideas sad sad I sent business ideas to them all and gave them links on the web that they can use to garner more information. The painful thing is that I have not heard from any of these Nairalanders about the progress they've made concerning the business ideas. I have discovered that many people only come on Nairaland to find things for themselves and not to look for like minded Nigerians who want to change things in their home country. Until we change this abnormal individualistic approach to issues concerning the development of Nigeria, things will remain the same. Cheers.
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by sholasys: 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2009
NL is everything you can think of and the best forum in Africa. To correct those that said NL is not a Political forum, I have two federal republic of Nigerian senators, my state party chairman, PA to a Governor and some journalist that visit Nairaland regularly. Some of our views and popular opinion on socio- economic and political situation are been sampled most time. Reference are been made. I have quoted NL in one of our meetings which was accompanying by attestation from my audience.  The comming 2011 general election will take NL to the limelight, campaign will take place here. " NL will determine who will win what ". By then you will remember me and I just what to advice SEUN and Co. to wake up. NL will be used as tools and machinery for political interest. I will not say much on this but we are comming to you.  God has already bless you. Just Soji eehh.

The value of NAIRALAND can not be overemphasized
THE VOICE OF THE POPULAR OPINION ON NL IS THE YEARNING OF NIGERIANS

Erudite Olushola
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by NegroNtns(m): 5:17pm On Oct 30, 2009
I've been thinking and really thinking. First a recent report ranking NL among the top 200 forums globally and a subscriber base of nearly half a million users. what is the economic value of nairaland?

I was joking with a friend recently that overall viewpoints and popular decisions on this forum can be channelled to appropriate quarters. I believe it can be done subtly and gradually incrementally ultimately moving this forum from arm-chair critiquing to a formidable and influential pressure group.

This is the age of the media evolution. this forum is well positioned to cause a desired change all it takes folks is BELIEF.

If I were Seun I would call a meeting/teleconference with my moderators and stake holders to ponder on this thought. This need brainstorming.

The critical questions to ask are these:

1. Does Niaraland have the potential to influence political and economic change in Nigeria?

The initial discuss is to see if the seed can be planted or not. The logistics to make it fruitful will occur in followup meetings.

2. Given its ranking and cultural relevance, Nairaland should spin off a commercial portal for subscribed customers. Given your current staffing level and coverage is that feasible. . . what are the system and user requirements needed to make it happen?
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 30, 2009
becomrich,:

Go play with 7 years old. that where you belong to.
oniranu oshi grin grin
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by chosen04(f): 7:05pm On Oct 30, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

If I were Seun I would call a meeting/teleconference with my moderators and stake holders to ponder on this thought. This need brainstorming.

The critical questions to ask are these:

1. Does Niaraland have the potential to influence political and economic change in Nigeria?

The initial discuss is to see if the seed can be planted or not. The logistics to make it fruitful will occur in followup meetings.

2. Given its ranking and cultural relevance, Nairaland should spin off a commercial portal for subscribed customers. Given your current staffing level and coverage is that feasible. . . what are the system and user requirements needed to make it happen?

The above post seems to come from someone looking for employment/moderatorship job from SEUN. Its easy to notice, always starting with "IF I were, "
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by sholasys: 8:58pm On Oct 30, 2009
I will suggest that Seun should research on NL user’s comments, opinion and suggestions on topics/issues on different threads ever on NL and come up with a “special opinion user” accounts on the forum. May be we should raised a special thread on this topic
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by NegroNtns(m): 9:14pm On Oct 30, 2009
The above post seems to come from someone looking for employment/moderatorship job from SEUN. Its easy to notice, always starting with "IF I were, "

lmao. . .nice observation Chosen! I think it will be a honor if Seun would bring me on his staff as a contractor or an employee. I wouldn't mind quiting my current job for the prestige of reforming Nairaland. No, I will not be a good moderator, my mischiefs will get me fired!!

Chosen, . . .Thanks for your sponsorship!
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by texazzpete(m): 11:09pm On Oct 30, 2009
Nairaland has little or no political value. I find it amusing how people here are placing much importance on popularity and number of members.

Nigeriavillagesquare is much small and less popular, yet has achieved more in the way of direct intervention that these misguided people here on NL.

How can anyone talk about 'Political value' when 60% of the posts in the Politics section are intended to divide us among ethnic lines?
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by NegroNtns(m): 12:13am On Oct 31, 2009
Thats a good talk TP!

How should one handle a debilitating building with leak on the roof? We cant just walk away from it and move to another building. . .we must attempt a fix. Many of the infrastructures back home are broke and non-functional because our attitude about "maintenance". It all goes in that mis-management bucket that we accuse our leaders of. We need a new birth. . .a new breakthrough in our attitude about the significance of what we value and what the cost would ultimately be when they are abandoned and unattended to.

Let's do wholesale changes and give Nairaland a new store front appeal. Someone has to start the housekeeping. . .someone with a stick to hit violators hard on their head. Who holds that stick?
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by bawomolo(m): 12:39am On Oct 31, 2009
the politics section needs more than one moderator.
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by kcjazz(m): 3:52am On Oct 31, 2009
It depends on what you mean by the term "political value"

Nairaland cannot support political candidates openly (that defeats its purpose), however future political candidates can use this tool to reach out to people. I am even surprised that companies are not using this medium to engage in conversations with their customers. I would like to see an MTN page, a PHCN page, Nigerian Police page  grin etc and along that line a political candidates page.

I am enlightened by comments and views of people here and if I have to think of governance differently the insights here really help. It brings a balance with the news media coverage. As time goes on this forum will grow and remember it would even be better with rural access to internet
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by sholasys: 11:09am On Oct 31, 2009
@texazzpete
Anybody that said NL has little or no political value is either dumb or lacking intellectual and political acuity. Can you define what it means by "political value " ? Do you knw that the American guy that sold gala on the Lagos streets sample opinion here in NL and reference it in his Report ? Do you knw that he submitted his report to American embassy? He research on street trading and the sufering Nig. youth are going thru, why ? and what is goverment doing about it. This is a political issue and by referencing NL, its of political value. That is just one example that came to my mind. U dont have to be a political entity like me b4 u knw that pls.
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by chosen04(f): 1:02pm On Oct 31, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

lmao. . .nice observation Chosen! I think it will be a honor if Seun would bring me on his staff as a contractor or an employee. I wouldn't mind quiting my current job for the prestige of reforming Nairaland. No, I will not be a good moderator, my mischiefs will get me fired!!

Chosen, . . .Thanks for your sponsorship!

Seun, So what are you waiting for? You have got a big reformist in Negro_Ntns. I can bet he will never disappoint.
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by ikeyman00(m): 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2009
@@@

with people like superman sittin right here

we are bringing changes while yall write and post shit

i keep tellin yall nl is real

we know those looter and sons of looter are reading

trust we know;

foremost becomrich will soon expose himself; we are watchin; no wonder hes keepin lower profile these day, mad? dnt know yet!!

we will carry on fightin till we get across

we are true born soldiers; thats who are unlike yall that born morons; we write stuff that bring changes while yall spit unhealthy vocabularies 

we know things can changes; certainly not with the oduduwa traits all over the place or the northerners with their foolishness, NOOOO

nl is real; u are once told Fashola pops in and run like we dnt know

we know

my only regret is obj cannot read and write!! by the way an suprise

as for seun; i have a lots of respect for u for real, but rather not on what u stand NOOOOOOO

we are here
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by vwvw(m): 5:54pm On Oct 31, 2009
Now let tell you guys sumfin. Some months back, a friend bought an expired bottle of diet coke and I took it up on my blog and on NL.
Two weeks of visits and calls failed to get a response from either NAFDAC and NBC.

But one day of my post on NL and blog elicited comments from several bloggers and NL's.

The good news is this-the consumer manager of NBC eventually came to my blog, apologised and wanted more details. "he said call these numbers send me an email and the location of these expired drinks" now this is a case study of what to do with new media. put the pressure. Why this NBC come calling?

Because the search spiders tagged by post and Google was returning my post instead of cocacola's propaganda, So NL has potential i insist
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by slimes(m): 6:44pm On Oct 31, 2009
Just moderate.
Re: What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? by Tcrack(m): 10:42am On Nov 01, 2009
Our political class don't listen to the people.not in the newspaper, not on TV and definitely not on NL. SORRY

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? / No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? / Nigeria To Probe 'army Abuses' In Boko Haram Crackdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.