Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,532 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

What's The Difference Between Gaining Independence And Becoming A Republic? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Difference Between Gaining Independence And Becoming A Republic? (5994 Views)

Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. / Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South / We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Difference Between Gaining Independence And Becoming A Republic? by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 3:39pm On Feb 13, 2017
Can anyone highlight the benefit of being under the Queen(Non-Republicans) and being alone(Republic)?
I love the topic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Difference Between Gaining Independence And Becoming A Republic? by theSpark(m): 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2017
gr8ofnnetwork:
Can anyone highlight the benefit of being under the Queen(Non-Republicans) and being alone(Republic)?
I love the topic.

As of now, it is just a ceremonial position the Queen holds over some of her territory eg Jamaica, and Australia. If they become Republics tomorrow they would not be any better. It is just a thing of pride to be completely on your own as an independent Republic. In my thinking however countries under the Queen may find it easier to immigrate to the UK (just my thoughts though).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Difference Between Gaining Independence And Becoming A Republic? by MrImole: 8:34pm On Feb 13, 2017
gr8ofnnetwork:
I love the topic.
Re: What's The Difference Between Gaining Independence And Becoming A Republic? by MrImole: 8:35pm On Feb 13, 2017
theSpark:

As of now, it is just a ceremonial position the Queen holds over some of her territory eg Jamaica, and Australia. If they become Republics tomorrow they would not be any better. It is just a thing of pride to be completely on your own as an independent Republic. In my thinking however countries under the Queen may find it easier to immigrate to the UK (just my thoughts though).

Re: What's The Difference Between Gaining Independence And Becoming A Republic? by daddyrich: 9:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
Thanks guys, this was worth the read
Re: What's The Difference Between Gaining Independence And Becoming A Republic? by dabeto: 4:35am On Jul 02, 2017
So just 4 years after oyibo hands off every thing scattered for Nigeria. Truly, black man no get sense. grin
Re: What's The Difference Between Gaining Independence And Becoming A Republic? by Agumbankembu: 7:03am On Jul 02, 2017
dabeto:
So just 4 years after oyibo hands off every thing scattered for Nigeria. Truly, black man no get sense. grin

Aithink you know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Who Makes Drones For US Army Begins Work For Homeland Security.PICS / Emmerson Munangagwa, Zimbabwean President Congratulates Buhari / Lagos To Get 50 Electric Buses By 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.