Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) (54866 Views)

Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd / Jubilation In Igboland As Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge;job Seekers Flood Area / Buhari Said This While Signing Budget 2016 & What A Senator Said Abt It(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by ogunsj: 11:57pm On Nov 07, 2016
Rossikck:
Every day, Ever year, Lagos-Ibadan expressway rehabilitation, reconstruction, renovation... For the past 20 years....TUFIA.
yes, you are right. PdP govt were never sincere with the project. Obasanjo tried concessioning it to bi-courtney construction company, but it failed. Gej came in 2 014 for a so-called "groound breaking" foundation laying to kick - off of the rehabilitation but was never backed with funds, Julius Berger decided to withdraw their men and equipments from site. The total amount earmarked for road construction for the entire nation in 2015 budget was just 18billion naira, compare to 2016 budget of 200billion naira. The previous administration started a lots of capital projects that were never backed with funds. Another example is the Abuja-lokoja- okene-benin expansion,and benin- ore-shagamu expansion.

1 Like

Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by LaExpert: 11:59pm On Nov 07, 2016
khaykay15:

Abi o..That road is overrated jare.. Other roads need Government attention
Overrated you say?

That's the busiest and most important road in Nigeria.

Goods from the busiest Nigerian port passes that route to almost every part of Nigeria. It cannot afford to be left unattended to.

4 Likes

Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by ogunsj: 12:19am On Nov 08, 2016
pek:
Plus the second niger bridge.
Jonathan only remember that project a year before election, what a scam.
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 08, 2016
Jasboi:
relax na it's meant to be a 4 year project na.and it kicked off 2 years ago I think....
Bros 4 years for 1 road.. That time is too much na haba. Naija sef.

2 Likes

Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by atirolu(m): 2:24am On Nov 08, 2016
After all the money spent since 1999, the best they can do is to add one more lane..... the road remain one of the busiest in West Africa....... I was expecting a 30 years carrying capacity of 8 lane on each side that ll not require upgrading..... so shameful that we have nobody thinking beyond our generation- sustainable development, no hope for nigeria If this the best our leaders can do.

2 Likes

Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by bidexmedia(m): 2:37am On Nov 08, 2016
For scholarship opportunities and visitations, please click here:- www.ofatconcept.com.ng
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by pedrilo: 4:11am On Nov 08, 2016
Rossikk:
Every day, Every year, Lagos-Ibadan expressway rehabilitation, reconstruction, renovation... For the past 20 years....TUFIA.
since i became an adult, av bn hearing of dat road like its the only road in naija
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by balosunky(m): 4:25am On Nov 08, 2016
HopeAtHand:
This is how NDelta oil money is being used to provide quality infrastructures in Yorubaland and tomorrow they will claim how Yorubas developed Yorubaland. Tomorrow if Igbos plan to contest election in Ibadan, Yorubas will not accept forgetting that we are one Nigeria. grin

The govt haven't even completed the East West road that runs thru the NDelta states. is this fair!!!
when igbo enter nigerdelta as far as i remember a yoruba state produce more oil than the entire igbo dynasty which is just 5

2 Likes

Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by balosunky(m): 4:47am On Nov 08, 2016
asuustrike2009:

And you think that road would last long?
it will if the road is be done completly for it has never be that case before
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by Excuzeme: 5:04am On Nov 08, 2016
Rossikk:
Every day, Every year, Lagos-Ibadan expressway rehabilitation, reconstruction, renovation... For the past 20 years....TUFIA.

You took the word out of my mouth, but surprisingly, in less than one year under Buhari's Govt, the real work is being done and we can see with our eyes!

I dare this Construction Company to abandon the work like they have been doing under past administration and see whether Buhari will not ensure EFCC puts each and everyone of their owners in jail. undecided undecided

Sai Baaba! kiss kiss
#SayNoToCorruption

3 Likes

Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by back2sender: 5:04am On Nov 08, 2016
meezynetwork:
Nice one by FG
Buhari @ work.
Wailers food is ready
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by 1kinggy(m): 6:22am On Nov 08, 2016
Rossikk:

I think, this is he first time I am seeing some quality work on the road.

1 Like

Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by amanikondo: 6:25am On Nov 08, 2016
aresssa:
[s][/s]

Keep your ipob suffer heard worries and syndrome to yourself...

I am very sure your own suffer go dey level 15.
What gives your slowpoke the opinion that I am your Ipob relative?
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by cardoctor(m): 6:27am On Nov 08, 2016
Its still two lanes while most carriageways in modern times are between 3 to 5 lanes. We are still in the past.

3 Likes

Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by Nnwannsukka(m): 6:30am On Nov 08, 2016
henryanna36:
REHABILITATION, RECONSTRUCTION AND EXPANSION OF LAGOS-IBADAN DUAL CARRIAGEWAY SECTION II (SHAGAMU-IBADAN).

BUDGET 2016 AT WORK: REHABILITATION, RECONSTRUCTION AND EXPANSION OF LAGOS-IBADAN EXPRESSWAY SECTION II (SHAGAMU-IBADAN) MOVES AHEAD

PIX ONE - TEN: Work in Progress... Personnel of the Reynolds Construction Company Nigeria Limited, working on the Rehabilitation, Reconstruction and Expansion of Lagos - Ibadan Expressway Section ll (Shagamu-lbadan).

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/update-ongoing-reconstructionrehabilita.html
This Pictures is in the GEJ regime not this dullard Buhari
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by Khalifa04: 6:33am On Nov 08, 2016
Thnx to Buhari
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by juman(m): 6:34am On Nov 08, 2016
Good.

Keep it up.
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by juman(m): 6:37am On Nov 08, 2016
FG should look for big money to fix roads across the country.

They have good hand as minister in charge of roads.
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 08, 2016
cardoctor:
Its still two lanes while most carriageways in modern times are between 3 to 5 lanes. We are still in the past.
Its a shame really. A four or five-lane freeway would also greatly reduce the traffic gridlock on the road.

1 Like

Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by Henrydone: 7:23am On Nov 08, 2016
Rossikk:
This the most used, most busiest expressroad in west africa, it reasonably deserve such attention.
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by onyxo76(m): 7:26am On Nov 08, 2016
i wonder how long it takes to fix a 112km road, they have been on this road for over 2 decades now...
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by omoalayo(m): 7:33am On Nov 08, 2016
ogunsj:
yes, you are right. PdP govt were never sincere with the project. Obasanjo tried concessioning it to bi-courtney construction company, but it failed. Gej came in 2 014 for a so-called "groound breaking" foundation laying to kick - off of the rehabilitation but was never backed with funds, Julius Berger decided to withdraw their men and equipments from site. The total amount earmarked for road construction for the entire nation in 2015 budget was just 18billion naira, compare to 2016 budget of 200billion naira. The previous administration started a lots of capital projects that were never backed with funds. Another example is the Abuja-lokoja- okene-benin expansion,and benin- ore-shagamu expansion.
So in Ur mind U think if GEJ had not started the word Buhari will come and do it... Stay there and be making Ursef happy..
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by Fairgodwin(m): 8:03am On Nov 08, 2016
Zonacom:

This actually got me laughing out loud. But nigeria is a weird place seriously

Ol boy, I swear I laughed so hard when I saw the comment. In fact, I read it over again and still, I laughed over again.
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by mapet: 8:20am On Nov 08, 2016
aresssa:

Ovokoo: :
Since i was born, i have been hearing of Lagos-Ibadan expressway rehabilitation. Every government just seem to work on that road.

I guess common sense did not tell you that this is the busiest and most used road in Nigeria hence constant wear and tear and constant repairs...

Sometimes I just wonder about you people.

Bros, slow down on Ovokoo, at least he said "since he was born......." as such he's most likely a teenager(age, reasoning or both).......so excuse the reasoning capacity
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 08, 2016
eezeribe:
Op, you still de post more pictures, I don already comment..
Feel free to come and take this spot
i need ur ebooks. How do i get them. Send me ur mail address
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by Anazp: 10:21am On Nov 08, 2016
HopeAtHand:
This is how NDelta oil money is being used to provide quality infrastructures in Yorubaland and tomorrow they will claim how Yorubas developed Yorubaland. Tomorrow if Igbos plan to contest election in Ibadan, Yorubas will not accept forgetting that we are one Nigeria. grin

The govt haven't even completed the East West road that runs thru the NDelta states. is this fair!!!
Haha what a joke. Jonathan was there for five years. Why didnt he complete it? Last time i checked Jonathan hails from Bayelsa State

2 Likes

Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by COMPAQ(m): 11:07am On Nov 08, 2016
What is more important is effective maintenance and management of the road after its completed.

We could extend life of our roads by 3 times if only we maintained our roads properly. For eg the PH to Eket stretch of the East West road is not of the most spotless roads i have driven on for while, but you can see that it is not being maintained. Once the first pot hole appears on that road, its all over. When it should be a piece of cake to do a proper repair job on a simple pothole and keep the road going for years.
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by olayinkafuny80(m): 11:37am On Nov 08, 2016
henryanna36:
REHABILITATION, RECONSTRUCTION AND EXPANSION OF LAGOS-IBADAN DUAL CARRIAGEWAY SECTION II (SHAGAMU-IBADAN).

BUDGET 2016 AT WORK: REHABILITATION, RECONSTRUCTION AND EXPANSION OF LAGOS-IBADAN EXPRESSWAY SECTION II (SHAGAMU-IBADAN) MOVES AHEAD

PIX ONE - TEN: Work in Progress... Personnel of the Reynolds Construction Company Nigeria Limited, working on the Rehabilitation, Reconstruction and Expansion of Lagos - Ibadan Expressway Section ll (Shagamu-lbadan).

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/update-ongoing-reconstructionrehabilita.html
kudos
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 08, 2016
And one fool (ipob yeuth) will doon say jonathan contractd dem....sai baba 4 life
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by lereinter(m): 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2016
[quote author=Rossikk post=50848909]Every day, Every year, Lagos-Ibadan expressway rehabilitation, reconstruction, renovation... For the past 20 years....TUFIA. [/quote

this is the real reconstruction carried out by thhe buhari govt
Re: Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) by DisGuy: 12:41am On Jun 21, 2017
Latest?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate / 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) / 'Buhari Wears $640 Shoes, Seeks Loans Of Countries Presidents Wear $100 Shoes'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.