Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) (3740 Views)

Fuel Crisis: 5 Reasons Why Buhari Cannot Stop Fuel Importation / Nigeria Spends $6bn Annually On Vehicle Importation, Says Aganga / Marketers To Suspend Fuel Importation Over N356.2bn Unpaid Subsidy Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by edwin101: 11:26pm On Oct 31, 2009
i have always said it that our succesors are always worse than our predessesors. mark what i say yar'ardua's govt will be worse than obj's govt. this is simply not the right time to deregulate the down stream sector. angry
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 31, 2009
muthafukas all of them angry angry angry

as lawyer said , the wahala has begun .

long queues and jerrycans everywhere
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by netotse(m): 11:59pm On Oct 31, 2009
its not just lagos. . .there are queues in both niger state and abuja as well
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by Seun(m): 1:10am On Nov 01, 2009
I'm confused.  How is banning of fuel importation equivalent to deregulation?
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by phuckNL: 1:58am On Nov 01, 2009
^^^^^^Since a lot of people choose to just make noise without finding out facts, i will state what i found out from a few searches on the net.
The ban on imports is temporary. It is to help the transitioning phase. They don't want the oil majors to just hold people at ransome without any starting field. Currently the NNPC has imported and stored more than enough for 40 days. I believe they will sell to marketers who will in turn sell to consumers at different rates based on their operating costs (transport and blah blah). After this, the floor will be opened whereby they can import and sell directly.
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by agathamari(f): 2:05am On Nov 01, 2009
phuck_NL:

Correct me if i am wrong but we don't use the same Grade-type of fuel so your comparison is baseless.

your right you guys use only 93 octain i was basing my conversion regular 89 octain so really i should have used $3.25 per gallon not $2.90
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by Nobody: 4:29am On Nov 01, 2009
What exactly can yaradua point out to have done to better the lives of the citizens,,you pay for virtually everything even to survive.,despite the billions of dollars in our treasury & trillions of dollars in the hands of corrupt politicians,they still want to collect the little money a poor man has,,what a country!
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by Nobody: 5:51am On Nov 01, 2009
the NNPC has stored enough fuel for 40 days grin grin grin -

i work in the downstream sector -

the same NNPC was more or less chasing the so called greedy majors to bring in fuel a few months ago

BS. nothing more than another poorly thought out sorry afterthought of the idiots running our country
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by lyfe(m): 7:12am On Nov 01, 2009
mobuch:

Thank god ,am out of that hell of a country called Nigeria
You make me feel bad I wish I was born somewhere else,
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by Seun(m): 7:24am On Nov 01, 2009
The FG claims there is no ban on importation of petroleum products:
According to a statement issued and signed by the Agency’s Executive Secretary it states that the Agency is alarmed by reports in some national dailies, that it has been directed by the Federal Government to stop the issuance of import licenses to petroleum products Marketers.

“Ordinarily, we would have ignored such inciting and misleading reports, but for the purposes of putting the facts straight, the Agency has deemed it necessary to state the issues as they truly are.

The Agency has observed with keen interest, the issues being raised on the importation of petroleum products. There is no iota of truth in the statement credited to the Agency that the Federal Government has given a directive preventing the importation of petroleum products.

Indeed, products have been imported into the country in large volumes to meet our national requirements.

The Agency has continued to monitor the supply situation and is taking every step required to ensure that there is no disruption whatsoever in the supply system.

But the marketers claim the FG isn't issuing them import licenses:

Speaking with Saturday Vanguard over the telephone, the Executive Secretary of the Major Oil Marketers Association of Nigeria (MOMAN) stated that the marketers did not suspend importation of products, rather it was the federal government that refuse to issue approval to all marketer, both Majors and Independents alike.

“No import approval has been issued as we speak, and only the NNPC has been authorised to import products into the country, so it is not a collective decision of the marketers as being speculated.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/31/deregulation-scarcity-looms-as-marketers-suspend-importation/

Meanwhile, there are queues at petrol stations all over the country.
Who is lying? Who's telling the truth? What is really happening here?
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by emytech: 9:38am On Nov 01, 2009
Nigerians, is the pricing of fuel the issue here or the fact that our sick country is one of the major Oil and Gas Producer, yet we cannot account from the total production. where do all the crude go to? (Big Q), why cant our refinary meet our local demands?, why cant the major Oil and Gas companies build Refinaries to meet our home demand,
Its high time we wake up and face the truth.
We need a change of vision, and to get to that level, the present crop of our Leadership needs to be ex-communicated from power,

God Help Us,
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by DisGuy: 10:54am On Nov 01, 2009
@ all those that queued to get fuel

Is it still the same price?

Were there some stations without fuel?

Did you buy fuel because you were running out of fuel or because of deregulation?

I heard the NNPC with be having three month worth of fuel in stock just incase the fuel marketers
try to hoard fuel ( I wonder why they do this) to me the oil marketers are the ones funding NLC and
other protest groups just to continue earning extra cash from the govt
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by kliverpool(m): 10:58am On Nov 01, 2009
i keep asking my self what do these people want?
what are they doing with all the money they have stolen?
what have we done to them ?
why cant they think of what to do to us to make things better
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by otokx(m): 12:13pm On Nov 01, 2009
We are in a terrible situation
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by rethink: 1:46pm On Nov 01, 2009
when 2 elephants fight the grass suffers.

The sins of nigeria is catching up with it. we had refineries we ran it to the ground because of the theiving technocrats that handled the refineries. We have never made money on the Refining of Crude, governmnet has always lost money, The money meant for the poor.

I say deregulate Fuel so that the refineries will come. If it was that easy to refine fuel why isnt it the state governments refining crude. We will suffer but it is better to suffer now than to suffer for a long time.

The fact is not just Deregulation there must be massive price increase.

I KNOW SOME PEOPLE WILL NOT AGREE WITH ME BUT THAT IS FINE.

THE PRICE OF FUEL IS WHAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE CRUDE IN THE ND.
WHAT WOULD BRING REFINERIES IS PRICE NOT THE NAME NIGERIA

YOU CAN SELL YOUR CRUDE OIL FOR 1 BILLION DOLLAR NOT UNTILL YOU GET IT INTO FUEL SORRY YOUR CAR WONT WORK
IF I TOLD YOU THAT I MADE THE FUEL FOR 2 BILLION DOLLARS YOU MUST BUY BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE A REFINERY.
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by cybergee(m): 9:18pm On Nov 01, 2009
Forget all those NNPC, those guys there don't have direction. A similar company in Brazil petrobras is now a world renown oil exploration company. They are now exploring oil in many countries, recently the sign a JV with NNPC but this is a company that started as NNPC and is younger than NNPC.
NNPC after many years of JVs can not even grow into our own oil company employing expatriate and Nigeria graduates. Today, we are talking about removing subsidy, why should we? There is nothing the FG is doing for jobless, aged etc, other countries think of their citizens. What will they do with the money ? Are you sure someone is not interested in transferring that money into his bank account? We need a saviour because a few Nigerians are taking the rest of us for a ride.
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by Lolladey(f): 9:24pm On Nov 01, 2009
its so sad. really dot know wot to say anymore. thought that with OBJ out of Aso Rock things were going to get better.well, he is still in power, just that he is ruling the country by using his puppet. GOD SAVE NIGERIA.
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by debosky(m): 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2009
sad but true - we need to deregulate so we can efficiently allocate resources to what is actually needed.

Refineries will be built if the investors are confident of recouping their investments - the government's meddling and indecision has always held the downstream sector down. Why must there be a one month ban to effect deregulation?

The idiocy of the so called authorities plumbs new depths each week.
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by bibiking1(m): 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2009
That earlier contributor forgot to add that even if two elephants make love, the ground still suffers. I am still yet to make a final decision on the righteousness of the policy but i am certain that Livi Ajuonuma's blood MUST redden the earth first! The time has come
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by freezy(m): 10:01am On Nov 02, 2009
agathamari:

so now nigerians will be paying about the same price for gas as the us $2.90 a gallon is about N112
agathamari:

your right you guys use only 93 octain i was basing my conversion regular 89 octain so really i should have used $3.25 per gallon not $2.90

Even at that, there is still no basis for comparison. The quality of living there is much better than in Naija. There are alternatives. . .

One last thing. . . You might want to ask the UN for info on the daily income for the average American and average Nigerian
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by silvernice(m): 10:02am On Nov 02, 2009
its really,really painful and terrible that nigeria can still be in such a ugly situation.i can't imagine that a litre of fuel a basic commodity everyone needs is used as a tool by this wicked and evil yaradua and pdp administration to inflict pain and anguish to everybody. not so long we celebrated the 49 years of uninterrupted shame of a nation and we are still wallowing in rubbish. nigerians are suffering.please pdp don't bond back 2011!
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by kamalydeen(m): 10:27am On Nov 02, 2009
I wonder oooo
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:04am On Nov 02, 2009
they are only racheting up their devious plans to cause acute fuel shortage going into xmas.
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2009
when is deregulation is kicking off now
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by Nezan(m): 1:46pm On Nov 02, 2009
^^ I wonder . . undecided . .
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by kehindebad(m): 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2009
"Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) "

Bold step "yardy"

Finally!!!, been expecting this for a while,
this is good news o wink even if its for a month sad

hmmm now to make our refineries work
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:25pm On Nov 02, 2009
we have been hearing of 'deregulation' since shagari's time. when will the govt start telling us the truth?
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by DisGuy: 3:44pm On Nov 02, 2009
George_D:

we have been hearing of 'deregulation' since shagari's time. when will the govt start telling us the truth?

you have been hearing about it but at the same time complaining about it thats why it hasnt happened

The problem is the Govt is not doing enough to inform the people about the benefits of deregulation
they have allowed the NLC with the help of oil cartels to scare the living day light out of ordinary nigerians
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by luv2talk(m): 4:49pm On Nov 02, 2009
By Definition,Deregulalaton means a situation whereby the down stream sector of Oil and Gas is DEstroyed,Demolished,Devaluated with the sole aim of enriching the wealthy curruptible leaders and increasing the suffering of the Masses, ANY OBJECTION TO THIS DEFINITION??
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:12pm On Nov 02, 2009
Dis Guy:

you have been hearing about it but at the same time complaining about it thats why it hasnt happened

The problem is the Govt is not doing enough to inform the people about the benefits of deregulation
they have allowed the NLC with the help of oil cartels to scare the living day light out of ordinary nigerians

and exactly how do you think the nlc helped to 'sacre the living daylights out of ordianry nigerians'?
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2009
George_D:

and exactly how do you think the nlc helped to 'sacre the living daylights out of ordianry nigerians'?

Dude, are you a Comrade! grin since the sordid/stagnant days of Pascal Bafyau (Former Labor President) , Labor Unionism is the equivalent of educated rapscallions who have very little in terms of proactiveness/awareness and are very heavy on organized riots (which they see as a protest).

They sit there (Oshiomole inclusive) and wait for the FG to decide what they want to do with the economy then they jump out of their sleep like mad men who heard Fire! Fire! Fire! and suddenly become the heroes of the masses. The formula is simple and most Nigerians now know. NLC is in tow with the Opposition be it FG or Private Sector. They simply agree on the outcome of people-unfriendly policies and then come out to shout so FG backs down to the agreed wink terms and masses go Phew!!! that was close was it not? Bastards they are. they are the salty ingredient to this failing democracy.

How did they not know what the Government's plans were, are they not in this same Nigeria, do they not study various sectors and take notes on how much impact government policies can have on Labour. they are just a bunch of slightly educated rascals.
Re: Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2009
you strike me as someone who doesn't know jack what he's writing about angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Backs Fashola For 2nd Term / The Orkar Coup Of April 22, 1990 Part 2 / Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.