Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,212 members, 7,811,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? (28526 Views)

Ex Corper That Converted To Islam As Vowed If BUHARI Wins Renounces Islam / Police Begin Investigation After Officer Vowed To Kill 200 People If PMB Dies / BREAKING: Prof Wole Soyinka Destroys ‘green Card’ As Vowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by lereinter(m): 9:42pm On Nov 09, 2016
what is the hitch about tearing

anything can be torn either intentionally or accidentally, if a green card is torn it can be re-issued

but will he Renounce his green card, that is suppose to be the question..
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by CandyDiamond(f): 9:51pm On Nov 09, 2016
Alexxgold:

why didn't you school in your barren land? your parents ran away to a fertile hausa land I guess. I remember Adekunle the black scorpion shooting male and female osus during the war, IBB, Buhari, obasanjo etc... leaving kwashiorkor infested osu kids at Nigerians mercy... kikikikii
Chukwu okike is not happy atal with your tribe
My people are entrepreneurs in nature,they look for less competitive place all over world to do their business. You drive joy in killing Igbos,[/b]50 years after the war how market[b] tongue angry angry grin,your people are busy writing letter to Tunubu to save them from Igbo occupation of Lagos, from Surulere to Amuwo odofin to festac to lekki to Ajao estate to Olodi Apapa to Ajegunle are all Igbo colonies, go to SE and feed your eyes not what you read online OK.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Alexxgold: 9:59pm On Nov 09, 2016
CandyDiamond:

My people are entrepreneurs in nature,they look for less competitive place all over world to do their business. You drive joy in killing Igbos,[/b]50 years after the war how market[b] tongue angry angry grin,your people are busy writing letter to Tunubu to save them from Igbo occupation of Lagos, from Surulere to Amuwo odofin to festac to lekki to Ajao estate to Olodi Apapa to Ajegunle are all Igbo colonies, go to SE and feed your eyes not what you read online OK.
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by dermmy(m): 10:12pm On Nov 09, 2016
Biafman:
Don't mind that coward afonja, he no go fit tear anything. Na all mouth afonjas be.

Yes you are right the Afonjas get mouth and the Biafrans get drugs grin grin

1 Like

Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by agwuabia: 10:15pm On Nov 09, 2016
[img][/img]
Biafman:
Don't mind that coward afonja, he no go fit tear anything. Na all mouth afonjas be.

I concure.
Biafman:

I concure.
Biafman:

I concure.
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Basalt(m): 10:42pm On Nov 09, 2016
I don't take afonjas serious.

They are actually the problem of Nigeria .

If an Afonja man tells you to run, walk.
They are not to be trusted at all
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Malawian(m): 10:47pm On Nov 09, 2016
Well i hot this from an ipob websites grin

Green Card : Soyinka denies statement, says I never said I’ll tear my American green card should Trump win

The Biafra Herald / 1 hour ago

Green Card : Soyinka denies statement, says I never said I’ll tear my American green card should Trump win

Wole Soyinka
Published by Family Writers

Nigeria’s Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has denied reports that made the rounds on major newspapers and other social media in Nigeria that he will tear his United States of America Green Card if the Republican candidate, Donald Trump is declared winner.

In a historic presidential election, Trump was declared winner and US President-elect.

In a statement emailed to Daily Globe Watch in the French capital of Paris, Prof. Soyinka emphatically denied the statement.

“My attention has been drawn to a wide and highly publicized and reported matter that, I said, should Americans elect Donald Trump as in the just concluded election, I will tear my America Green card. This is to inform all that, I never said so or matter of such resemblance.’

“‘In fact, it’s an imagination of men who sees my continuous relevance as a threat to their ignoble and rebellious behavioral ineptitude. It is a salvage custom, barbaric, outdated, rejected, infamous and ignominious.

”Let me further note that the President-Elect was one of my colleague at the University of Michigan and other organizations where we both delivered papers. He is my friend and was very instrumental in the granting of my residential permit during the reign of General Sani Abacha, the greatest dictator of our time,” he said.

Prior to the election, Soyinka had been quoted as saying that if Trump is elected president of the United States, he will leave the country.

“If in the unlikely event he does win, the first thing he’ll do is to say [that] all green-card holders must reapply to come back into the US. Well, I’m not waiting for that,” said Soyinka, who is scholar-in-residence at New York University’s Institute of African American Affairs this autumn.

“The moment they announce his victory, I will cut my green card myself and start packing up.”

It remains unclear where the reported statement emanated from.

Visit website
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by drstone1: 11:01pm On Nov 09, 2016
Rayloverscrib:
Wole Soyinka vowed that if Trump wins the US elections, he would tear his green card.

The election has been concluded. Trump won. Mrs Clinton conceded. Wailers are wailing.

Wole Soyinka, let's see what he does to his green card.

The guy na Yoruba man, not in the clout of Fayose n FFK...very good in chasing with the hounds and running with the game;trust him to change and eat his words.
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by slivertongue: 11:45pm On Nov 09, 2016
soyinka don buy market

1 Like

Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by AuroraB(f): 12:51am On Nov 10, 2016
Daniel058:
WHO Soyinka don EPP?

The wan who once challenged Mama peace to a debate ... Chai!!
Choi!!! cheesy
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by divinelove(m): 4:35am On Nov 10, 2016
Tear wetin, hear him

Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Abmalcom(m): 4:55am On Nov 10, 2016
Most of people here are just too naive and lack understanding of simple term. Prof did not say he would tear his Green Card. He said he would cut his green card. Let me quote him verbatim:

“If in the unlikely event he does win, the first thing he’ll do is to say [that] all green-card holders must reapply to come back into the US. Well, I’m not waiting for that. The moment they announce his victory, I will cut my green card myself and start packing up,”

Now let me explain this. Cutting of green card is not synonymous to tearing it. What it means is that, you will discontinue it's usage.

Soyinka is a scholar-in-residence at New York University’s Institute of African American Affairs this autumn. So when he said he would cut his green card, it means he would cease being a residence. And that does not even mean he will not visit the US again.
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:30am On Nov 10, 2016
Fabulocity:
Iffa hear grin

People : Sir, now that Hillary Clinton has lost the US presidential elections, are you going to tear your green card as you vowed?

Soyinka: When did I say I'll tear my green card? Are you people deaf? Since when can you tear something that's plastic? I said I'll fear it meaning, I'll be very protective of it because it's my only chance of not facing deportation
embarassed

Hmmmmm

This life na woah ooooo
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Jideluck(m): 11:09am On Nov 10, 2016
Leave this man alone at least he has promised January 20th 2017. Please allow the sleeping dog to lie so whether he tears his green card or not he has reached the zenith of his career in life. He is a global achiever who can be reckoned with anywhere in the world.
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by stayclearofme: 12:33am On Aug 01, 2021
LecciGucci:
As long as he is a Yoruba man he will always change his words.
Dnt take them too serious

Dont be suprised if TB joshua comes out tommorrow and tell u the female president he saw in his dream was actually trump.
he was in scotland native attire, skirt and shirt and he mistook him for clinton. grin
You no well at all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Pays Condolence Visit To Late Tony Anenih's Family In Abuja(photos / Adamu Mohammed, IGP Held Hostage By Jubilant Policemen / South Africans Are Killing Nigerians - Nigerian Woman Laments To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.