Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? (28525 Views)

Ex Corper That Converted To Islam As Vowed If BUHARI Wins Renounces Islam / Police Begin Investigation After Officer Vowed To Kill 200 People If PMB Dies / BREAKING: Prof Wole Soyinka Destroys ‘green Card’ As Vowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 09, 2016
Clickbait angry
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by francisduru: 8:34pm On Nov 09, 2016
Prof. Forget that thing, na old age dey disturb you......
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Dauraking: 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2016
It's time to ask Prof. Wole Soyinka to step up to the plate and be a man by publicly tearing up his American Green Card. No room for long grammar. But he will not do that cause he's cowardly Afonja.

1 Like

Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Elthugnificent(m): 8:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
Of what benefit has his green card ever been to any Nigerian?
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by law001(m): 8:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
He won't... he's from the South West AKA Afonja.

This is not meant to be my comment o...

I'm quoting some people.
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Interesting15: 8:39pm On Nov 09, 2016
ikennaf1:
Please o Wole Soyinka is not an Afonja.

Not all yorubas are Afonja.

Let's not make that word stale.

We know the Afonjas.

Even yorubas know them.

Please, can you explain this 'Afonja' stuff to me.
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Kingbuhari(m): 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2016
gbosaa:
Did any you hear him or record him say he would tear his green card?

Did anyone here hear or witness TB Joshua say that the Lord showed him that Clinton would be the next president??

If yes, pls speak forth.
Buy TV you no go agree... I heard TB Joshua with my 2ears clearly predicting the US election....
Nigerians have known Yoruba's
shiftiness and two sided loud-
mouthing.... TUFIAKWA
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by CandyDiamond(f): 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2016
ikennaf1:
Please o Wole Soyinka is not an Afonja.

Not all yorubas are Afonja.

Let's not make that word stale.

We know the Afonjas.

Even yorubas know them.
Yea, Soyinka is not an afonja,not all yorubas are Afonjas but all Afonjas are Yoruba, Soyinka have started behaving like one after supporting Buhari

1 Like

Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by noblet2(f): 8:50pm On Nov 09, 2016
Pls he should be a man of his words and just tear d green card
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 09, 2016
please what is the meaning of afonjas? undecided
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Sirdayor(m): 8:51pm On Nov 09, 2016
Rayloverscrib:
Wole Soyinka vowed that if Trump wins the US elections, he would tear his green card.

The election has been concluded. Trump won. Mrs Clinton conceded. Wailers are wailing.

Wole Soyinka, let's see what he does to his green card.

The question may not be answered here. You may need to pay Prof. Wole Soyinka a visit.
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by CandyDiamond(f): 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2016
Interesting15:

Please, can you explain this 'Afonja' stuff to me.
Afonjas are Yorubas who are bent on helping Hausa-Fulani to conquer the Southern Nigeria to the extent of giving away their land,people and everything to remain a slave, Afonja help the Fulani to conquer Kwara and they install emir in illorin after killing Afonja that invited them,just like what is happening to Tinubu now.Fulani founding father asked them to make sure that they dip Koran in Atlantic ocean,they have already reach Lagos by the help of Afonjas,the next is to dip the Koran in bar beach waters,they are not far from it,when you hear that Buhari is on a mission and special assignment you think is just a mere saying.
Time will tell,kiss the truth

3 Likes

Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by xmich(m): 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2016
Rayloverscrib:
Wole Soyinka vowed that if Trump wins the US elections, he would tear his green card.

The election has been concluded. Trump won. Mrs Clinton conceded. Wailers are wailing.

Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by oruma19: 8:58pm On Nov 09, 2016
[quote author=gbosaa post=50894797]Did any you hear him or record him say he would tear his green card?

Did anyone here hear or witness TB Joshua say that the Lord showed him that Clinton would be the next president??

If yes, pls speak forth.
[/quotehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQGRQY6ke_M
Shine ya eyes and watch video.. Thomas!
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by clemmonce(m): 8:59pm On Nov 09, 2016
Rayloverscrib:

Your level of joblessness knows no bound. so out of everything going in the world now it is another man's problem you putting on your head. Youth of nowadays ...I am seriously shocked that someone could create a topic on this. if he tears how does it concern you ? If he does not how does it concern you ? To the person that put this on front page shame on you
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Holuwakemmy16(f): 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2016
baba whole can't do it
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Alexxgold: 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2016
why these slaves carry Soyinka matter for head na

no igbo man dead or alive is fit to untie his shoes.. osus should chill biko
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by CandyDiamond(f): 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2016
RIZLER:
please what is the meaning of afonjas? undecided
Afonjas are Yorubas who are bent on helping Hausa-Fulani to conquer the Southern Nigeria to the extent of giving away their land,people and everything to remain a slave, Afonja help the Fulani to conquer Kwara and they install emir in illorin after killing Afonja that invited them,just like what is happening to Tinubu now.Fulani founding father mandated the fulanis to make sure that they dip Koran in Atlantic ocean,they have already reach Lagos by the help of Afonjas,the next is to dip the Koran in bar beach waters,they are not far from it,when you hear that Buhari is on a mission and special assignment you think is just a mere saying.

2 Likes

Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2016
CandyDiamond:

Afonjas are Yorubas who are bent on helping Hausa-Fulani to conquer the Southern Nigeria to the extent of giving away their land,people and everything to remain a slave, Afonja help the Fulani to conquer Kwara and they install emir in illorin after killing Afonja that invited them,just like what is happening to Tinubu now.Fulani founding father mandated the fulanis to make sure that they dip Koran in Atlantic ocean,they have already reach Lagos by the help of Afonjas,the next is to dip the Koran in bar beach waters,they are not far from it,when you hear that Buhari is on a mission and special assignment you think is just a mere saying.
hmmm interesting subject called afonjas please do we have examples of these afonjas on nairaland if so can we know some of them?
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by ncoolsome(m): 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2016
Greatpooss:
Don't mind that grey hair Professor, he was only trying to create scene during the interview. He is a joker!

do me a favour,get a very comfortable seat,then think of ur life n achievements and compare with his...u knw the outcome dnt u...
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Alexxgold: 9:15pm On Nov 09, 2016
CandyDiamond:

as per confirm oluku wey you be na... the same hausas/fulanis ur people can't leave their region. Even the yorubas can't have peace because of you people.
Now I see why osus are the most killed home and abroad. From kano to kaduna to South Africa to China to Indonesia.
scums on planet earth... Tufia!
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by BlackYansh(m): 9:15pm On Nov 09, 2016
gbosaa:
Did any you hear him or record him say he would tear his green card?

If yes, pls speak forth.
yea.... I dont know about soyinka but tb joshua's own enh. I watched the video and he did said that clinton will win.
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by samuel19222(m): 9:18pm On Nov 09, 2016
How Nigerians are busy watching and reading live casts on US presidential election. Mind you, these guys owe us billions of dollars and yet refused to pay us. Either Hillary or Trump, I don't give a damn cos that's their sole problem. All I want is "Return Back Our Money". They can't do this to Israel.
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by heritage2009(m): 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2016
JUST IN: Soyinka denies statement, says I never said I'll tear my American green card should Trump wins'

Nigeria's Nobel Laureate , Prof. Wole Soyinka, has denied reports that made the rounds on major newspapers and other social media in Nigeria that he will tear his American Green Card should the Republican candidate and US President-elect is declared winner in the just concluded US presidential election. In a statement emailed to our newsroom in the French capital of Paris, Prof. Wole Soyinka emphatically denied the statement.

Below is the statement we took delivery of a while ago:
"My attention has been drawn to a wide and highly publicized and reported matter that, I said, should Americans elect Donald Trump as in the just concluded election, I will tear my America Green card. This is to inform all that, I never said so or matter of such resemblance.''
''In fact, it's an imagination of men who sees my continuous relevance as a threat to their ignoble and rebellious behavioral ineptitude. It is a salvage custom, barbaric, outdated, rejected, infamous and ignominious.'' ''Let me further note that the President-Elect was one of my colleague at the University of Michigan and other organizations where we both delivered papers. He is my friend and was very instrumental in the granting of my residential permit during the reign of General Sani Abacha, the greatest dictator of our time". grin
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by skyo78(m): 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2016
He has said that he will tear it after Trump is sworn in
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by skyo78(m): 9:23pm On Nov 09, 2016
In the build up to the US election, Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, threatened to trash his US green card, if the Republican candidate, Donald Trump, won. In this exclusive email interview with The Interview today, Soyinka vowed to keep his word. He also spoke on the future of a Trump world:

Did Donald Trump's victory surprise you?

Not altogether. The possibility was looming nearer and nearer, getting scarier and scarier.

What do you think Trump's victory means for the world, especially Nigeria?

It's brought an already teetering world closer to the precipice.

Do you think the victory of Trump, who threatened to build a Wall is a coincidence coming exactly 27 years to the day the Berlin Wall came down?

Trump's Wall is already under construction. Walls are built in the mind, and Trump has erected walls, not only across the mental landscape of America but across the global landscape. I am glad you referred to the anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall - that was one anniversary in reversal!

Will you thrash your green card, as you reportedly said you would?

Come January 20, 2017; watch my WOLEXIT! (Donald Trump will be sworn-in as the 45th President of the United States of America on Friday, January 20, 2017)

At what point did it occur to you that Trump's victory was inevitable?

As Election Day approached, the specter became near palpable. I refused to switch on the television this morning until I had stiffened myself with a strong espresso. I felt disaster in my marrow.
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by CandyDiamond(f): 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2016
RIZLER:
hmmm interesting subject called afonjas please do we have examples of these afonjas on nairaland if so can we know some of them?
They are many,they are legion here, most of them are Yoruba Muslims, but one thing they don't know is that the northern wahabism Muslims see them as fake Muslims, that is why they kill Abiola easily. I was born and brought up in a core northern state and pass through all rite they perform on Muslims, I can recite the holy Koran,Nigeria is pregnant, many things will happen in it before it final collapse, the searching for oil in the north by fire by force is not for fun.
Kiss the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by samuel19222(m): 9:25pm On Nov 09, 2016
Nigerians be like TRUMP go chase every Nigerian home
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by LorDBolton(m): 9:26pm On Nov 09, 2016
EVILFOREST:
Which time YORUBA begin get mind....?

That reminds me of the Yoruba Army General that was kneeling to beg Major Hamza mustapha...

I remember a man who stole a plane and only allowed. Himself n his family to be flown out b4 naija troops arrived.

Heard ya'll gave him the title Ikemba meaning coward... is that true?
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by CandyDiamond(f): 9:27pm On Nov 09, 2016
Alexxgold:

as per confirm oluku wey you be na... the same hausas/fulanis ur people can't leave their region. Even the yorubas can't have peace because of you people.
Now I see why osus are the most killed home and abroad. From kano to kaduna to South Africa to China to Indonesia.
scums on planet earth... Tufia!
Kiss the truth,it is always bitter

1 Like

Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Burgerlomo: 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2016
Tia ko, tia ni, you people no get chill at all, pesin can't even make a joke with you guys, abeg carry on Prof. nothing do you grin and my advice to you Prof. is to stay over there for five years, so that you can turn the card to a blue passport, lobatan grin
Re: Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? by Alexxgold: 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2016
CandyDiamond:

They are many,they are legion here, most of them are Yoruba Muslims, but one thing they don't know is that the northern wahabism Muslims see them as fake Muslims, that is why they kill Abiola easily. I was born and brought up in a core northern state and pass through all rite they perform on Muslims, I can recite the holy Koran,Nigeria is pregnant, many things will happen in it before it final collapse, the searching for oil in the north by fire by force is not for fun.
Kiss the truth.

why didn't you school in your barren land? your parents ran away to a fertile hausa land I guess. I remember Adekunle the black scorpion shooting male and female osus during the war, IBB, Buhari, obasanjo etc... leaving kwashiorkor infested osu kids at Nigerians mercy... kikikikii
Chukwu okike is not happy atal with your tribe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana / Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) / Adamu Mohammed, IGP Held Hostage By Jubilant Policemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.