Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid (18374 Views)

Obiano Moves To Construct Railway In Anambra / Lagos State Govt Opens Bid For Award Of Contracts Of 181 Roads. Check the List! / Governor Badaru To Construct 90 Mosques In Jigawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by iokpebholo: 9:23am On Nov 11, 2016
omenka:
Tufiakwa!!!!

This news almost made me throw up. This has got to be one of the worst decisions ever to be taken by mankind!

Tufiakwa!! angry
its APC bro dts how dey roll

1 Like

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by awa(m): 9:24am On Nov 11, 2016
Honestly the northern Nigeria is a big problem to Nigeria as a unit. Govt building mosques across the state with Tax payers money and allocation from FG.
They are the ones indoctrinating their people. So what happens to the minority Christians there?

1 Like

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by atirolu(m): 9:25am On Nov 11, 2016
Stupidity ti take over

1 Like

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Guyman02: 9:26am On Nov 11, 2016
To be built with Niger Delta Oil money and VAT from Alcohol and Pork consumed in the South, why cant Northern States who cant pay workers salaries without bail out separate State from religion and use their allocation to develop their people and communities?
The citizens should contribute and build mosques for themselves if it is their main priority.

The construction of these mosques will be an avenue for looting of scarce resources.

2 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by 4lorunsho(m): 9:27am On Nov 11, 2016
Governors that don't have capacity and character

1 Like

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 11, 2016
AustineE1:
Nigeria indeed is in a big mess,at a time when the nation is faced with reccession,some religious bigots down north,are using government scarce resourses to build mosque,what happens to building industries,roads,schools and other social amenities.
When did Nigeria stopped being a secular nation,that a particular religion is now held above the state.
This is exactly why some regions will never accept re-structuring or true federalism because they only survive on others and deceive their uneducated gullible populace with religiosity!
These kind of over zealousness by some northern governors,was what led to the formation of boko haram and constant unabated religious riots in the north,there people are meant to believe that the north is the custodian of Islam in Africa and hence will lead any action for or against Islam!
I give up on northern Nigeria.
...and yet PMB wants to borrow money to ease reccession,while your governors have excess money to the point of building 90 mosque. Nigeria indeed is a laughing stock in the comity of nations. When leadership has been thrown to the dogs,this is what you get. The comic drama has just begun!!!

Shut up. When you are writing next time direct your comment solely to the recipient. The title and content said " JIGAWA". When did Jigawa state become the footprint of other northern states? What does the stupid thing the Jigawa government intend doing correlate with Islam and her followers? This is a big misplaced priority but you should direct ur message only to Jigawa

1 Like

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 11, 2016
richidinho:

I rep south south
So where exactly

Oh I see. I thought SS and SE were an item and are going to secede together to form the "great" Biafra.

So you're denying them now because of ordinary cattle rearers. embarassed
Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Pylony(m): 9:33am On Nov 11, 2016
At the time of recession, they rather plunged in religion on governance and sink in billions of naira doing so than using it to reduce the hardship experienced by the masses. Indeed, religion is the opium of the poor.

1 Like

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Pylony(m): 9:36am On Nov 11, 2016
Ioannes:

Oh I see. I thought SS and SE were an item and are going to secede together to form the "great" Biafra.

So you're denying them now because of ordinary cattle rearers. embarassed
South south is independent of any Biafra mentality
Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by CHYMZZY(m): 9:36am On Nov 11, 2016
Esseite:
Oh my God....

Its just amazing how you have a population with low income earners, high birth rate, no jobs, no exports, cant pay salaries and all you could come up with is mosques?...

Does state govt build churches?
Are religious bodies taxed? How do you recoup the monies?
Would the mosque bring about employment?
can the IGR of jigawa state single handedly build the 90 mosques?

Other regions are seriously short-changed

Regionalism is just the way forward, that way you spend what you earn..
My brother these thing tire me ooh!
Not even school, but na moseque..
Is this jigawa state affected by the insurgency?
Even if it is, on who expenses are the money being used to build these mosque?
If it's government, what about collerateral damage in some churches that was affected to the insurgency...
What am i even?

These people should learn how to priotize the solution to their problems, coz so far, so good north are the most cheated people by their own government. Wonder how this is a welcome development that will circumvent the present circumstances their people are facing...
Pray that God will open these peoples eyes..

1 Like

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 11, 2016
Pylony:
South south is independent of any Biafra mentality

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by CHYMZZY(m): 9:42am On Nov 11, 2016
ollah1:

Shut up. When you are writing next time direct your comment solely to the recipient. The title and content said " JIGAWA". When did Jigawa state become the footprint of other northern states? What does the stupid thing the Jigawa government intend doing correlate with Islam and her followers? This is a big misplaced priority but you should direct ur message only to Jigawa
Real EPIC!
Northerner na Northerner.
You guys are all the same....

1 Like

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by drss2(m): 9:42am On Nov 11, 2016
AustineE1:
Nigeria indeed is in a big mess,at a time when the nation is faced with reccession,some religious bigots down north,are using government scarce resourses to build mosque,what happens to building industries,roads,schools and other social amenities.
When did Nigeria stopped being a secular nation,that a particular religion is now held above the state.
This is exactly why some regions will never accept re-structuring or true federalism because they only survive on others and deceive their uneducated gullible populace with religiosity!
These kind of over zealousness by some northern governors,was what led to the formation of boko haram and constant unabated religious riots in the north,there people are meant to believe that the north is the custodian of Islam in Africa and hence will lead any action for or against Islam!
I give up on northern Nigeria.
...and yet PMB wants to borrow money to ease reccession,while your governors have excess money to the point of building 90 mosque. Nigeria indeed is a laughing stock in the comity of nations. When leadership has been thrown to the dogs,this is what you get. The comic drama has just begun!!!
u see why i say even if buari met $100 billion, he will still squander it d way northern govs reason is exactly d same way buari reason. sponsoring more pilgrims n building thousands of mosque is their long term goal.

2 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Grundig: 9:45am On Nov 11, 2016
I wonder how northerners think.

1 Like

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by blackboy2star(m): 9:47am On Nov 11, 2016
Wastage!!! How did we get here? Please sell Nigeria and give me my share cry

1 Like

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Ajinoride(m): 10:02am On Nov 11, 2016
NafeesaAA:
Am from Jigawa state and i must confess this my Governor is a Joke, a verified patent failure of oympic proportion. The cost of these Mosques can build a decent hospital to cater to the health of our people, or a decent school to educate our children, or a decent factory to keep our people gainfully employed.

People are starving, dying and committing crimes because of low standard of living and you are devoting scare state funds into building place of worship that virtually litter everywhere in Jigawa state.

this is a nice one.
I hope the leaders of the state, will be bold enough to save the future, by stopping this dubious project.

2 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Kaybaba5(m): 10:08am On Nov 11, 2016
rubbish....
Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by farem: 10:08am On Nov 11, 2016
Urukpe:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/215011-jigawa-govt-opens-bid-construction-90-mosques.html

Someone should please help me with the annual IGR of this state in the last ten years.

This is a sign that this recession is not strong enough around the so-called leaders.

Jigawa was/is not really affected by the madness called boko haram but this governor wants to make Jigawa a centre of operation in the new jihadic dispensation.

This is the reason why we need TRUE FEDERATION. So that there will not be free fund to sponsor more demons.

Nigeria- a republic where baboon dey work and monkey dey chop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by presido2e(m): 10:11am On Nov 11, 2016
This is the most clueless decision by any state government in the country!
Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 11, 2016
OMG, my Niger Delta Oil has suffered, so after our oil is sold and the money shared to these Abokis, this is what they use it for?

Then BUllhari wants to go and borrow money again to build North East and later the debt will be paid with proceed from our oil.

Kolewerk. Make night come abeg make I carry my box of Die-nar-might dey go down to our creek
Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by NairaMaster1(m): 10:13am On Nov 11, 2016
Government building mosque but pastors cannot cough in the south because Christians feel they are educated and pastors are thief. I like my Northern brothers.
Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 11, 2016
zakim:
I believe there're christian in the state....what are the numbers of churches to be construct...?
How many churches do you see governors construct in the south?
Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by emi14: 10:18am On Nov 11, 2016
Constructions of roads, hospitals and schools or good 90 mosques?.. Just a question.
Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Dabbibbi(m): 10:18am On Nov 11, 2016
omenka:
That man needs to be tied to a stake, have his balls stretched out, and have a thousand soldier ants poured unto it!

Jeez! What sort of madness is this??
Loool Chaii bros u get Evil mind o.....
Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by july66: 10:19am On Nov 11, 2016
Urukpe:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/215011-jigawa-govt-opens-bid-construction-90-mosques.html
In a recession, should this be business of government? Building mosque & churches?
Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by NairaMaster1(m): 10:20am On Nov 11, 2016
freeze001:
With all the hunger and painful lack of development it is mosques they want to build? shocked Why all this madness and lack of priority?

I am a good Muslim and my priority is Islam - Idi Amin of Uganda.

Muslims are not like Christians so live them a lone. Kill your Christianity
Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by NairaMaster1(m): 10:22am On Nov 11, 2016
ShinnBet:

And those 90 mosques will have 90 Imams and a retinue of mallams loitering about doing nothing but recite the Koran and fumble with almajiri butts. And the. Worst part is that they will be on the state Govt's payroll.

What's your business? Muslims are not like we Christians that hate our pastors. Live them alone.
Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by naijamerican: 10:26am On Nov 11, 2016
The stupid people want to use state funds to create mosques? This country is led by absolute morons
Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Rilwayne001: 10:28am On Nov 11, 2016
Dumb governor!

Well, I don't blame his people since they don't see anything wrong in this.
Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by MightySparrow: 10:28am On Nov 11, 2016
ikennaf1:
Nice one good governor.

All the north need are mosques and nothing else.

And it must be with government money gotten from Niger Delta oil and not private donations like non muslims do.

They need to pray.

Islam is the best.

All@h is the solution to all problems.

Jigawa governor is the greatest governor of all times.

He is greater than Awolo..

Wailers can wail.

What best has Islam given Iraq, Iran, Saudi, Lybia, Egypt, Pakistan, Afganistian.....
The presence of Muslims in peacrful societies spelsl doom, barbarism, and terrorism. Take a cusory look at Nigeria: the most undeveloped places are Islam infected places. In south western Nigeria, the most undeveloped srttlements are Islam infected areas.
Not to mention the threat virus Islam has to world's heathy coexistence. The boko haram of Nigeria, the Tuareg of Mali, the Alshabab, ISIS, Al Qaeda etc.
What good are they doing the world? Are they not products of these kinds of mosques?
The gesture of this governor is a misplaced priority, a move to produced future destroyers close by the people

2 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Rilwayne001: 10:30am On Nov 11, 2016
MightySparrow:

. In south western Nigeria, the most undeveloped srttlements are Islam infected areas.

Kindly mention 5 of those places please.
Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by MightySparrow: 10:34am On Nov 11, 2016
[quote author=Rilwayne001 post=50946745]

Kindly mention 5 of those places please. You should know yourself, some of the places have central mosques as most modern buildings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: Anger In The Land As Motorists Abandon Homes For Filling Stations / Governor El-rufai Pledges To Sponsor Education Of Almajiri Boy Who Doesn't Beg / FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share ₦606 Billion For April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.