Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? (16854 Views)

Updates: What’s The Fuel Scarcity Situation In Your Area? / Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? / Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Wolfbrother(m): 10:47am On Nov 11, 2016
i dont buy diesel anymore
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by hustla(m): 10:47am On Nov 11, 2016
mantleguy:
Ladies and gentlemen.. Atimes I wonder if Kaduna state is in Nigeria or the UK. I am a serving Corp member in kaduna and I can categorically tell you that the power situation here is almost perfect (almost 24hrs) every single day of the week and month.

Since I came here in may, I haven't witnessed a day without power supply for atleast 10hrs a day.

We don't bother ourselves to iron our clothes before hand because we know that it is almost a guarantee that, electricity will be available when needed.

It is marveling really. I haven't seen a place with better power supply than kaduna.

I have been to 12states of the federation.

Oshogbo own too is like that. That's the only state I've been to where if you have a generator, you're just wasting your time

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 11, 2016
Total darkness in Mowe/Ibafo for almost 10years till now
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by hustla(m): 10:49am On Nov 11, 2016
In abeokuta, 1 - 4 hours daily. Usd to be better till about 2 weeks ago
Useless people
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by hustla(m): 10:51am On Nov 11, 2016
whyx06:
2 days now... Still searching for light to On

Olomore axis, Abk

Hehehehehehehehehehe
Abeokuta light Don bad of recent
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by fratermathy(m): 10:58am On Nov 11, 2016
Here at the Abak Road axis of Uyo, light is a scarce commodity for sometime now. We get at most 2hours in a day. Other parts of Uyo may fare better or worse though.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by MilesLamar(m): 10:59am On Nov 11, 2016
haba
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by isleofisle(f): 11:15am On Nov 11, 2016
We live at ijegunimoore satellite town . our transformer has being faulty for three weeks now. We've had one month of darkness
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by FriedBanana: 11:16am On Nov 11, 2016
Lol no light here(Ibafo) since 2007 that I moved
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by mriyesecnerwal(m): 11:19am On Nov 11, 2016
Here in adiyan na die. Every time something spoils in the transformer and before they fix it, its like waiting for the second coming of Jesus christ
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by sade1994(f): 11:28am On Nov 11, 2016
Transformer wa ti baje for like two weeks now
So no light

1 Like

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by skylane: 11:33am On Nov 11, 2016
My area here gwarinpa,abuja city its 23 1/2 hrs of light anytime am goin back home from work always confident of light,atimes 3 days untouched its a blessing,but house rent no go kill person here sha

1 Like

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by mexdon(m): 11:39am On Nov 11, 2016
Manageable so far
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by DavidOluyale(m): 11:39am On Nov 11, 2016
I envy you mhen
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by gulfer: 11:54am On Nov 11, 2016
sebali:
Terrible here in most parts of warri
Militants are dealing with you angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by victorazy(m): 11:56am On Nov 11, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Which area is that?

Gudu Abuja
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by upuphim(m): 11:56am On Nov 11, 2016
An hour 30 minutes in the day and night- Shomolu
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Xtopher123(m): 12:01pm On Nov 11, 2016
Over here in Portharcourt, Mgbuogba..

Its Only 1am - 7am (Tuesday - Saturday) we get Electricity..

Ive been here for the past 6 months and have never seen electricity during the day in my Area..

Now its worse.. Our Transformer Got Spoilt 2 weeks ago and its not been fixed since then..
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Adeniyijoseph05(m): 12:02pm On Nov 11, 2016
ÖMO, what kind of wahala is this, since Donald Trump is declared the elected President of America no light in my area. I guess Eko electric distribution company EKEDC is in USA protesting for Clinton, please CNN should help communicate to them to do the needful. Omo no light in ijesha - Surulere.

#Nolightinmyarea.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by comsaiduk5(m): 12:07pm On Nov 11, 2016
Oooooh! Chai very badest most especially lavun local gvt under niger state,the situatn over there x very bad....
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by musa7m(m): 12:13pm On Nov 11, 2016
ritababe:

Aba? u don enter one chance.
I go enter car tomorrow(from kano) I will be in aba by sunday morning by grace of God.....I will love to mt you?
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by rakaasta(f): 12:26pm On Nov 11, 2016
Light in my area is dead. @ ikorodu, sabo,lowcost, kasolori. We don't have light for days. And when it comes on,its just for few hours till another day.
Please government do something o o o o. And IKEDC no get shame dem dey carry ladder around
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by UyiIredi(m): 12:27pm On Nov 11, 2016
Terrible.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by adegeye38(m): 12:33pm On Nov 11, 2016
Nigeria is the only country in the world with our gdp still has power issues.
even most countries in Africa have solved their power issues, long ago, and we have all the necessary resources in Nigeria, Coal, wind, solar, hydro, gas, name it but corruption wont allow.
imagine, a country of over 170 million people producing around a meager 3000 mw, while south africa produces, about 30,000 mw for a country of 50 million people, even Ghana that depend on gas from Nigeria enjoy 24 hrs power supply, its shamefull.

The power grid ought to be de centralized , solar and hydro in the north, coal in the south east, gas in the south south, wind turbines and gas in the south west.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by adegeye38(m): 12:42pm On Nov 11, 2016
Power distribution depend on your area and where you are living, the rate of power consumption, and hw often people in your area pay bills.
like Akure for example, commercial areas always have regular electricity, while high brow government residential areas and also estates, but all other areas, its very poor.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by donphilopus: 12:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
Flashypussy:
Very stable here in edo state,, akoko edo

The name though. Lol...What part of Akoko Edo btw? I'm from Igarra and it's not that stable here. I guess you're from Ojah, Dagbala or Ojirami axis?!
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Nmanuanu(f): 12:57pm On Nov 11, 2016
eezeribe:

When it changes from have to has, I will comment

When it changes from "have send" to "has sent" then I will comment grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by sky32(m): 12:58pm On Nov 11, 2016
Woji area in portharcourt....72hrs of no power supply....and still counting.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by deliveryboss: 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2016
LATEST GIST:

Our correspondence have hinted us on the happenings around Mr Patrick Chidolue: Chairman Chelsea group has arrested his former PA By the name his name sake Mr Partrick Ndubuilo for false accusation , they were spotted at festac town Lagos .

The Nigerian police (SSS) should pls do proper due diligence before arresting innocent citizens .
Mr Patrick Chidolue has fed the Nigerian police with all sort of lies to carry out this act and this is quite detrimental to the Nigerian police force .
A suspect should be invited for investigation not an arrest .

Could the arrest be due to the resent publications about Mr Patrick Chidolue because according to our sources we heard that in recent past months and weeks he has accused publicly that Mr Patrick Ndubuilo is responsible for the detrimental broadcast flying about social media , for obvious reasons being his former PA has first hand information of his secrets.

This is evident that the publications made are true but not necessarily from his former PA Mr Patrick Ndubuilo ..
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Maxotumba: 1:12pm On Nov 11, 2016
The power situation in this country has improved a great deal... Almost every state has steady power... Except kogi state.. Lokoja has partial power... The rest of the state is in total darkness, especially ANKPA...
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2016
Lol!
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by uncleade(m): 1:40pm On Nov 11, 2016
IN MY AREA,IT'S 24HRS PER YEAR.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Southern Monarchs Slam Sultan: Nigerians Want Full Restructuring. / Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer / Saraki Prays With Other Senators In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.