Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? (16856 Views)

Updates: What’s The Fuel Scarcity Situation In Your Area? / Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? / Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by ritababe(f): 1:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
musa7m:
I go enter car tomorrow(from kano) I will be in aba by sunday morning by grace of God.....I will love to mt you?

I left aba already
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by jimoqua: 2:07pm On Nov 11, 2016
it worst in my area for adebayo street, ketu. They say we dey owe 30 millions for the whole street and disconnect the whole street. Almost a month now , there was no light
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Topshow4real: 2:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
We have been enjoying uninterruptible power here in Jos for some months now
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by EmmyDe25(m): 2:17pm On Nov 11, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
The power supply has reduced I must confess from what I was enjoying for the past few months.

Used to be like 23-24 to 92 hours before

But it has reduced to like 14- 16hrs.. Kinda sucks cos we are heading towards summer proper and it might reduce further
Summer?
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Ajgal10(f): 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2016
In my Part of FESTAC it is terrible and feels like hell. We've tried so much to get the Nepa people to no avail. Some came this morning to say our transformer is bad and they are not in charge of transformers. The heat here is something else. No light No water. Pls it is even a cry for help. This is pathetic. If you know anyone that can help or if you can pls reach me via your reply. Surviving in gen for weeks ain't fun at all.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2016
ejigbo...1 hr per day..... and that's around 5am in the morning....Una can ban for here like banana republic! as Una ban me shey I die...like say Na only Una be forum wey dey this world. Ban again...... eyin smellos!!!!!! Una think say I be mufus wey go silent? I'm of blue blood!!! eyin weyrey naira land. cum ban
*CUMMANDO FLIES OUT *
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 11, 2016
24hrs light all day everyday.. Ilorin
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by folem: 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2016
MrRitchie:
Anyone here from Haruna, idiagbo, karaole/harmony estate in college road? When I was around the light was pathetic, if its better now someone shud pls quote me.

The light there is like 1/2hours per day sometimes 2days no light at all, even a whole week self at times.

The people there are so generious, they're over used to such situation, they don't complain
Sometimes 4-5 days of no light then they bring it for 3 hours. Upper week there was no light for 2 weeks with an interruption of 1 day with about 4 hours. Things have improved since Saturday but still about 2-3 hours per day. Before IKEDC bring bills of N10k without light but they bring N3k now still with no light. The people are tired and are thinking of IPP. How realistic that will be, only time will tell. There is nothing more frustrating than paying astronomical amounts for what you don't use.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Deeaka: 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2016
3 hours on and 3 hours off. I.e: 9-12, 3-6, 9-12 everyday. College rd, off Ekehuan road in Benin.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by midehill(m): 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2016
light z very bad in baruwa inside...please dae shud help us
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by mcroeb(m): 3:24pm On Nov 11, 2016
the situation of light(electricity) in my area is barbaric! but not limited to sun in the day and moon @ night!!
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by 2016easy2017: 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2016
oh! tank u.I just rembr there used to be somthn called light. saw it last b4 Gej drove Bert nnaji away nd sold 50%of NEPA to himself
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by tosyne2much(m): 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2016
eezeribe:

Even the lalasticlala, must be spelt correctly, before I comment
Hahahahahahahahahaha lmao cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Paul1990(m): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2016
Dahs True.... I'm in Minna too.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Kenyanstar: 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
adegeye38:
Nigeria is the only country in the world with our gdp still has power issues.
even most countries in Africa have solved their power issues, long ago, and we have all the necessary resources in Nigeria, Coal, wind, solar, hydro, gas, name it but corruption wont allow.
imagine, a country of over 170 million people producing around a meager 3000 mw, while south africa produces, about 30,000 mw for a country of 50 million people, even Ghana that depend on gas from Nigeria enjoy 24 hrs power supply, its shamefull.

The power grid ought to be de centralized , solar and hydro in the north, coal in the south east, gas in the south south, wind turbines and gas in the south west.

Your local state government should take the initiative and introduce alternative electricity sources.

GIGAWATT GLOBAL- SOLAR SYSTEM

Gigawatt Global has succeeded in financing, constructing and interconnecting a $23.7 million or 8B naira solar energy plant producing 8.5mw constant electricity supply in a village in Kenya. Gigawatt smoothly and swiftly brought the project online to give Kenyan villages enough grid-connected power to supply 15,000 homes. The solar system comes with a complete connection to every household including meter readings, installed cable line etc

1 Like

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Melonny(m): 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2016
5am- 6:30 am( 1hrs 30mins) everyday..the power supply was 15-20 hours per day last month
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Prince0500(m): 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2016
We do have light at least 23 hours daily.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by stainless239(f): 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2016
No light in LUTH,Idi araba

But why
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by kinnlive(m): 5:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
cescky:

Don't know why ud allow trolls delete ur previous post...na their village get English language?

In my area like 5 mins light in a day

If. Wer lucky we get 2hrs max ...its been like this for like 3 weeks
my brother I wonder oh, they invented English #overSabis

1 Like

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by MrRitchie: 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2016
Its still the same thing then, nothing as changed. There ought to an improvement, but that would only if people of that environs protest it, at there (phcn) office
folem:
Sometimes 4-5 days of no light then they bring it for 3 hours. Upper week there was no light for 2 weeks with an interruption of 1 day with about 4 hours. Things have improved since Saturday but still about 2-3 hours per day. Before IKEDC bring bills of N10k without light but they bring N3k now still with no light. The people are tired and are thinking of IPP. How realistic that will be, only time will tell. There is nothing more frustrating than paying astronomical amounts for what you don't use.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by firstking01(m): 6:42pm On Nov 11, 2016
wiseguy:
I dont know why U guys complaining are having issues. In PH here, Woji precisely, I dey enjoy light wella for most of the day especially in the night. It's not 100% but my inverter makes up for it and before it discharges up to half the light is back.
I just relocated from woji, palace street precisely...before i left light wasn't that stable...which part of woji are you talking about??
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Afriface: 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2016
Fashola is working. 22hrs daily
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Amicable24: 8:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
Since 12pm yesterday, power supply hasn't been restored here at Eyita, Ikorodu.
The power supply since the beginning of this month has been terrible.. Some days we get to see the light just 30mins till the next two days..
It's now one day light(for few mins or few hours) and d next day TOTAL BLACKOUT cry cry
IKEDC beware undecided
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by joe120120(m): 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2016
sdqtima:
What Is The Light Situation In Your Area ?

PH

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by sdqtima(m): 10:11pm On Nov 11, 2016
madridguy:
What do you mean the whole country is in darkness? Na inside hole you dey live?

Ur jobless father
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by kendy22(m): 3:19am On Nov 12, 2016
Rukpoku airport road in rivers no light for close to 1 month
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by kulex2k1(m): 12:08pm On Nov 12, 2016
Enough power to charge my inverter daily for backup whenever IKDC stikes.... so i really dont feel it when there is No power...
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by clarkmos15(m): 5:23pm On Nov 12, 2016
there is always light in my area,everytime and everyday because of the sun and moon...except wen rain falls,thats when the sky would be dark...
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by NaijaBlend: 8:58am On Nov 14, 2016
eezeribe:
The Grammer in the post

Never attempt to correct anyone when you yourself cannot.
Did you mean:

"grammar" or *"grammer?"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why We Can't Avoid Borrowing- Fashola, Zainab, Saraki / Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones / Govs Earn Over N600,000, Not N500,000 – Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.