Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,622 members, 7,809,291 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies (23758 Views)

Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) / Economic Growth Under Jonathan Was Fake – Olu Ajakaiye, World Bank Consultant / Tompolo Writes Buhari A Letter: ‘I Supported Jonathan NOT Because I Hate You’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 11, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by teebillz: 6:41pm On Nov 11, 2016
dre11:

The former governor said even Donald Trump who just won the US election knows that infrastructure drives growth, as stated in his inaugural speech.

Please someone should tell this propagandist minister of darkness that Trump has not given and couldn't have given any inaugural speech just a few days after wining election. What President-Elect Trump gave is called "V-I-C-T-O-R-Y speech".

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by jahsson(m): 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
But this Fashola was a minister during GEJ era nah... Y e nor talk... Was he not d one that used how much for a website... Same person that said he doesn't sign checks... Anyway.. Nah 9ja we dey... Anybody cant talk anything e like...

Make i go look wetin dey happen for America

Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by Festy4u(m): 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
DropShot:

PDP not only destroyed the good things they met, they also created additional problems.

E.g, Boko Haram, empowering militants, emptying of reserves that should have grown beyond $100bn with earnings from high crude price, insolvency of almost all the states of the nation, etc.

You know, sometimes I don't envy the effort your lots in here put in just to propagate this government, no I don't! But realities on ground keeps making Nigerians see you all including the government of the day as bunch of incompetent workmen who know next to nothing about the job at hand but put all of the blames on their tools! undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by pchukwudi: 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
You are seriously sick.

FYI, on the average, oil and gas contributed LESS than 15% to the growth of the GDP in GEJ's era. The services sector and agriculture, were the major drivers of the economy in those days.

Go back to the beginig of this thread to see the FACTS; not the silly assumptions you're peddling down there.

[s]
duni04:
What alot of people don't know is that GDP growth (which hovered around 5-7% under Jonathan) represents the total production from a country, the price and output
For instance a country producing 2 tubers of yam at N5 naira can have a GDP of N10 naira while one producing 20 crates of egg and selling at N1000 has a GDP of N20,000.
Nigeria's GDP growth was high under Jonathan because we produced 2.2million barrels of at >USD100 per barrel. Oil is about the only major production Nigeria engages in. Nigeria is in recession today because our production from oil, our major export commodity, has plumetted. The price has also plummeted. When GDP growth declines for 3 consecutive quarters, it's a recession. Nigeria is not in recession because of any other thing. Its just oil.
[/s]
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
Spots-on!... But what's your panacea? Almost a year plus of apc, Enough of blame trading!
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by DropShot: 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2016
Chigold101:
it is either you are born around 94 or you just lack sense of history.
What did PDP met?
The army under Abacha looted NIGERIA dry. The one Abacha left Abdelsalami Abubarka finised it off.
There was no reserve prior to PDP.
PDP created soverign wealth fund & external reserve. The military from Buhari (1985) to Salami (May 29th 1999) were only choping money and empowering their girl friends and baby mamas.

PDP met so much dept that Okonjo Iweala had to cry openly before members of Paris club.

Nigeria was a persona non grata world over. It was PDP that restored the image of Nigeria and investors that ran away under the military came back.

Friend before you join APC that has failed to initiate anything less than blaming PDP, check our history before may 29th 1999.

No infrastructure growth during GEJ‘s time. But the railways are back working again. That one no follow abi?

If APC doesnt stop all this rubbishh, we will remain at a spot backward till 2019...
I should be old enough to be your uncle. Trust me.
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by Chigold101(m): 7:07pm On Nov 11, 2016
DropShot:

I should be old enough to be your uncle. Trust me.
lolzzzz
U no sabi history be that
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by jabojafa(m): 7:08pm On Nov 11, 2016
a bad workman wud always complain abt his tools.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by ekenedilichukwu: 7:09pm On Nov 11, 2016
Finally some truth. There is no doubt that Jonathan benefited from high crude oil price. Infact, they didn't plan on oil price going down and corruption was at unimaginable level. Crude oil is a global commodity and no president can dictate the cost of oil per barrel. Its sold in the world market, the price is determined by global demand. The CBN has been warning for years about the recession since GEJ administration, that even when GEJ tried to remove fuel subsidy, Nigerians cried foul.
I am not a fan of Buhari in some ways, but he didn't cause the current recession and he can't do much about it either. Many countries that depend on crude oil are experiencing same thing, some worst than others. Buhari can only hope that the cost of crude oil goes up, but in the meantime he is pursing an agenda to diversify the economy and develop local manufacturing base. This is a good thing but Nigerian's will surfer now because of it, but long term it would pay-off. This is the economic truth and anybody that tells you otherwise is playing the blame game and not being honest.
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by plaetton: 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2016
dre11:

Some people won't like what he said because he has criticise their messiahs......

When a nations fails to invest in infrastructure.... its definitely living on a time bomb which would explode anytime, and now it was when the major source of forex is down.
Name one single Nigerian President or head of state that invested more on infrastructure in Nigeria than Jonathan.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by malachytochukwu(m): 7:22pm On Nov 11, 2016
Miserable fellow. All the policies on Agriculture, automobile, transportation etc were all oil policies??... To successfully prepare and pass budget in this administration is one single "policy"these empty heads cannot fathom how to go about.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by AreaFada2: 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2016
Aha! We are finally getting somewhere Mr Fash. There was growth under GEJ after all! What you don't say. grin

Maybe one day you will also admit that he built 14 universities, built roads, renovated airports, brought back railway & we became Africa's largest economy. Sectors like entertainment, Banking, manufacturing, agric and other boomed too. Oh that Nissan and some other car companies came to invest in Nigeria again and foreign and local airlines boomed.

Of course GEJ and his cabinet appointees stood akimbo and all happened just like that. shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by sanpipita(m): 7:35pm On Nov 11, 2016
malachytochukwu:
Miserable fellow. All the policies on Agriculture, automobile, transportation etc were all oil policies??... To successfully prepare and pass budget in this administration is one single "policy"these empty heads cannot fathom how to go about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by SeanDada1(m): 7:35pm On Nov 11, 2016
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/fashola-oil-prices-drove-nigerias-growth-jonathans-not-policies

See this Hater? Bad belle? What policies and blueprint/road map on power have you laid down to eradicate epileptic power supply and excessive tarriff?
So wtf if oil boomed in GEJ's regime? See pot calling kettle black. GTFOH
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by hijodedios: 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2016
Really So mr fashola,Nigeria even grew at all during the last regime? I thought GEJ never did anything good for the economy,abeg close mouth and get to work.
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by sanpipita(m): 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2016
AreaFada2:
Aha! We are finally getting somewhere Mr Fash. There was growth under GEJ after all.

Maybe one day you will admit he built 14 universities, built roads, renovated airports, brought back railway, we became Africa's largest economy, entertainment, Banking, manufacturing and other sectors boomed too. Oh that Nissan and some other car companies came to Nigeria again and foreign and local airlines boomed.

Of course GEJ and his cabinet stood akimbo and all happened just like that. shocked
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by internetgangste: 7:38pm On Nov 11, 2016
It's so sad that a lot of Nigerians are dumb, nothing good came out of GEJ's administration thanks to the price of oil it's a pity we we all being ripped off for crumps and you keep praising him. Take a look at this for 8year you sold oil for $100 per barrel producing 3m barrels daily and didn't have no savings instead you left public debt. Not oil is less than $45 if you are not stupid you know expect a change. The said thing is if those bunch of thiefs without any good policy for 8years didn't eat with all their hands we wouldn't feel much.

This is it someone take billions from you and bribes you with thousands but because you are not smart and ignorant you are okay with it but really were being robbed...

If not even as a secondary sch certificate you should able to get a comfortable job by now for real but now unemployment rate is nothing to write home about because everyone is corrupt, they stole our future from us...
Annoying thing is that no one has been successfully prosecuted thats the only fault I find in buhari, If you see the policies he you will know he loves you weather you want him or not but your too blind to see. Even an honest and crazy person is better than a thief and no one can do much when everyone around you is antagonizing you. When was the last time you were able to apply for civil services jobs online until now get smart
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by Amanwulu1(m): 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
dre11:

Some people won't like what he said because he has criticise their messiahs......

When a nations fails to invest in infrastructure.... its definitely living on a time bomb which would explode anytime, and now it was when the major source of forex is down.
and some ppl will celebrate what he said bc he's jst attacked d man they struggle to bring dowm to their level. There's hunger in d land.
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by sanpipita(m): 7:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
I'm really feeling sorry for this govt now GEJ is a metaphor to everything they do or say, GEJ left big shoes for them to fill and they have been struggling, they don't even know what else to do than always call GEJ its a pity, to think this govt have been in power for 18 months now yet no show if they are tired let them step down its obvious they are clueless on how to govern nigeria
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by godson4u79(m): 7:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
Nine new federal universities you say.. that produces more graduates without an enabling environment for job or self employment even with high oil prices.. My brother pls wear your thinking cap...

SamuelAnyawu:
Blame Games Again...

It was oil that turned into Nine New Federal Universities cheesy

GEJ Baba We All Miss You
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by mustmust(m): 7:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
Wetin go drive ur own govt fashola
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by tonardo(m): 7:50pm On Nov 11, 2016
No excuse for failure... Quit if nothing to offer...
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by Amanwulu1(m): 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2016
pchukwudi:
DEMONIC LIARS.

CHECK THIS OUT TOO

[s][/s]
bros u've jst shown d follow follow ppl for what they're. So obsessed wit anytin dat'll tarnish gej achievements. It's either fashola is an illiterate lawyer or he is only capitalising on d gullibility of his tribe'syouths.
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by Jesusloveyou: 7:56pm On Nov 11, 2016
dunkem21:

Oga, GEJ ensured at least one university in each state.
with 30tr naira in 5yrs
Hahahahaha,
Laugh wan kill me
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by Righttalk: 8:00pm On Nov 11, 2016
Fashola! Fashola!! Fashola!!! At ur age couple with ur qualification u still speak from both side of ur month. So there was even a growth that u can notice. U see since u people claim to have magic hand to fix the economy God gave u power to fix the economy. See what Nigeria has turn to just under one year. Do u know how many people this govt have sent to their early grave? Even to conduct a senatorial election nawahala. How is ur children even looking @ you in ur home. No integrity @ all just bcox of power? Nawa oooo. I know some mistakes no doubt but. .... well I will continue to pray 4 this govt bcox it is the masses that are suffering. God help this country from selfish & pretending leaders.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by davidif: 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2016
Finally! someone who has knowledge of how economies work.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by egopersonified(f): 8:03pm On Nov 11, 2016
fashola was governor when gej was president. ambode is governor now buhari is president. lagosians claim ambo is doing better than fashy. does that mean policies driven ambo regime is doing better than oil prices driven fashy regime? then why is the same analogy not working in bubu regime? epp me, I am not understanding.

BTW, abeg who dey Benin? wetin dey happen for st Paul Catholic Church? no light and my inverter done pack up.
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by jinxet2000: 8:12pm On Nov 11, 2016
Democracy in Nigeria is like a chicken without a head.
If I cast my mind back during the military rule, I could see gigantic structures they have put on ground and when Democracy came in, i was hoping that it would improve lives because the people would determine the way forward for themselves. The opposite is the case. Rather democracy destroyed all the structures. In education, history is no longer taught in schools because democracy does not see the need. Lecture rooms built by democracy are as wide as as a bedrooms, Agriculture has turned to a big man business, Road construction has been politicized, infrastructural development are building personal houses and furnishing with exquisite cars that will never be used. Our legislatures are like social media. Democracy! Democracy why did you send your quarter brother to Nigeria?
Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by mikeade11(m): 8:12pm On Nov 11, 2016
Fashola is Mad
drss2:
yet non oyel sectors such as agriculture, service sector, nollywood etc accounted for nigeria's high gdp growth under GEJ according to nbs statistics.
well fashola will say anytin to defend his master's incompetent govt.
statistics don't lie.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies by maxzzo1(m): 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2016
Fashola remainz an idiot ....did dis current govt ve any policy? In chorus NO!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday / Senate Confirms Four Commissioners For NCC Rejected By Saraki-led 8th Senate / Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.