Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies (46661 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products / MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs / Search For Oil In N/East Intensify As NNPC Mount GPS In Oil Well Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by iluvpomo(m): 11:50pm On Nov 12, 2016
If 'oyel' is found then the 70s economic boom may be baaaaaaaaaaack!
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by ceejay4real(m): 11:54pm On Nov 12, 2016
mrvitalis:

She i know has foreign partners.. I told u most of Nigerians owned oil blocks are not operational.. . They just used them to take loans

My friend, please say what you know ooh! No Nigerian in the 70s, 80s and 90s had money to even bid for an oil bloc not to talk of developing it! What happened was that the Nigerian government especially under the military handed out these blocks as either OMLs or OPLs. The beneficiaries in turn shopped abroad for investors/ developers who they would then lease the block to based on projections or forecast of Crude Oil and gas deposits in the field/ block. Some blocks are onshore others are offshore while some are referred to as marginal fields. Marginal fields are mostly onshore or riverine and are located mostly in Akwa Ibom State. The lease agreements are mostly for 25 to 50 years and the monetary aspect runs into millions of US Dollars. In some cases as low as 50 million and in others as high as 750 million US Dollars! This is how some privileged and well connected Nigerians like TY Danjuma, Alakija, Arthur Eze and many others too numerous to mention became super rich at the expense of millions of ordinary Nigerians! So you see why most youths don't value hard work again? Where the mistress to a Military Head of State suddenly becomes super wealthy to the extent of emerging Africa's richest woman! Being a former Chief of Army Staff makes you a super rich guy to the extent you become one of the richest people and most powerful people in the country. So you see, Nigeria is on a long thing. The advent of Oil has really been more of a curse than a blessing to us because Oil money is somewhat easy to loot by those in public office. If not for Oil, Nigeria would have been a great nation. The ingenuity of our populace would have been brought to the fore cos necessity is the mother of invention!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 13, 2016
Altho i am sometimes of the opinion that beneath the nooks and cranny of Nigerian soil at large, there is oil but i really do not know if there is, but what i wanna ask is, is this country lukin at parting ways? coz if oil z found in the North 'okp'ari' evrybody she yaff ave oil be dat asin lobatan. Once y'all ipob agitate for such Biafra i swear they will kukuma tell u to go. But on the economical note though, niger delta is not the only place where we get oil from, even if it is. Are they no more getting enough oil as required? have they managed the one's we got already? why are they just exploitin oil everywhere now, recently it was badagry now it is the North kwantinu.
Well im no hater though but if dem no c dis oyel i will swear for buhari and if they do goodluck i doff my hat. but nevertheless this Man don't know bout what he's doin most of em up there dont know jack.
I just gave a constructive critism and don't no ipob be quoting me for my phrase "y'all ipob" coz i am an igbo boy from the south eastern part of NIGERIA i really don't know where you Come from.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 12:20am On Nov 13, 2016
Paperwhite:
This is Bubu's definition of "diversification". Senile dull man. undecided

He should have continue giving your useless brother billions of naira when the money can be use to sort oil in other region, Just learn to leave with it no free money anymore.
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Xflint(m): 12:23am On Nov 13, 2016
analyser:
Altho i am sometimes of the opinion that beneath the nooks and cranny of Nigerian soil at large, there is oil but i really do not know if there is, but what i wanna ask is, is this country lukin at parting ways? coz if oil z found in the North 'okp'ari' evrybody she yaff ave oil be dat asin lobatan. Once y'all ipob agitate for such Biafra i swear they will kukuma tell u to go. But on the economical note though, niger delta is not the only place where we get oil from, even if it is. Are they no more getting enough oil as required? have they managed the one's we got already? why are they just exploitin oil everywhere now, recently it was badagry now it is the North kwantinu.
Well im no hater though but if dem no c dis oyel i will swear for buhari and if they do goodluck i doff my hat. but nevertheless this Man don't know bout what he's doin most of em up there dont know jack.
I just gave a constructive critism and don't no ipob be quoting me for my phrase "y'all ipob" coz i am an igbo boy from the south eastern part of NIGERIA i really don't know where you Come from.
but i thought they said they have 21 oil wells up north now?
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by moshino(m): 12:27am On Nov 13, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Niger delta oil will soon become useless.

How soon?

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:27am On Nov 13, 2016
Paperwhite:
See PAINMENT!

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by logicab: 12:35am On Nov 13, 2016
Originalsly:
Jthe plan to set the North up with all it requires to be a self sufficient country
The North could have been self-sufficient on Groundnut Pyramids and did not want to be part of the Nigerian Union; but the Great Zik of Africa persuaded them. So what changed? Nothing.
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by logicab: 12:37am On Nov 13, 2016
ceejay4real:

Where the mistress to a Military Head of State suddenly becomes super wealthy to the extent of emerging Africa's richest woman!
Alakija? Mistress? To whom?
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by agabusta: 12:37am On Nov 13, 2016
Among the two comments, if one puts them side by side it's yours that looks trashy and smirks of someone with lack of training and self restraint.
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by olasmith10(m): 1:38am On Nov 13, 2016
VictorRomanov:

Read wetin u write. This time very slooowly.

if u are a rhythm and poems scholar, NL isn't the avenue to exhibit your kindergarten potential.. some treads aren't for pupils!!!
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by olasmith10(m): 1:42am On Nov 13, 2016
Okikiki:

Help me understand your input. Is oil the bedrock of one Nigeria?

If Ur absolute comprehension of the write up is this Ur question, I really don't know where to start from.. am sorry!!!
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Nobody: 1:49am On Nov 13, 2016
The nomad's definition of diversification in progress!...kwantinue!!
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by olasmith10(m): 1:52am On Nov 13, 2016
onyenze123:

what if Boko Haram cease control of the oil supply?

if the discovery is of commercial quantity, don't u feel the govt would ignore BH..moreover, the topography of the North would ensure a better security of pipelines ( Not saying is absolutely secured) after all, the aridity of the ND region makes it almost an impossible task of having 100% surveillance of crude oil facilities
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by princessayesha(f): 2:14am On Nov 13, 2016
I like this grin
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by hollypagan: 2:46am On Nov 13, 2016
Useless set of people ,dry land is a dry after all nothing good comes out from north

1 Like

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Nobody: 3:46am On Nov 13, 2016
like seriously this is a misplaced priority... some nairalanders comments self, dead economy and some people are happy that a President is working without a plan. It's alright.....
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Blue3k(m): 3:55am On Nov 13, 2016
Eguonoslim:
If oil is actually found in d north
south south is in trouble o

Hardly they have besides look at IGR. North is laggard region in education, per capita income and IGR. Oil won't change that. Besides look at how norther states waste money. Jigawa state wants to build 90 mosques.

Lastly why is north against restructuring. It would stop their leaching of productive regions. Northern regions can't even compete with SE.

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by ceejay4real(m): 4:18am On Nov 13, 2016
prof12:

Point of correction, BUHARI is not Hausa but Fulani.

What's the difference between Hausa and Fulani? Are they not the same people with a common agenda in the Nigerian project?

Na wa ooh! Abi your fingertips just dey scratch you to type something by fire by force?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by prince9851(m): 4:19am On Nov 13, 2016
Maski87:
Make una dey take style dey chop money, if oil was inthe north oyibo would have found it 100 years ago
guy na true o

1 Like

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by ceejay4real(m): 4:19am On Nov 13, 2016
prof12:

Point of correction, BUHARI is not Hausa but Fulani.

What's the difference between Hausa and Fulani? Are they not the same people with a common agenda in the Nigerian project?

Na wa ooh! Abi your fingertips just dey scratch you to type something by fire by force? Please next time instead of typing something embarrassing just type no comment!
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by agbamasoe: 4:20am On Nov 13, 2016
We hv oil we are not selling, money we hv we are busy wasting it looking for oil. what sense is this govt.
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by prince9851(m): 4:21am On Nov 13, 2016
olasmith10:

if the discovery is of commercial quantity, don't u feel the govt would ignore BH..moreover, the topography of the North would ensure a better security of pipelines ( Not saying is absolutely secured) after all, the aridity of the ND region makes it almost an impossible task of having 100% surveillance of crude oil facilities
i rili dont think u are alright
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by okopido: 4:33am On Nov 13, 2016
Another systematic lies is cooking from oil sector just like bokoharam in political sector....
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by ceejay4real(m): 4:38am On Nov 13, 2016
vislabraye:

SS/SE would have different names as well. Biafra, Oduduwa Republic and Niger Delta would be countries as well.

Guy you guys should stop dreaming of a Niger Delta Republic ok. Your dream land would just end up like South Sudan where war has become the order of the day! No country survives without at least one majority tribe or group calling the shots and also holding the safety valves of the nation state in check! More over, the south south is too disunited to become a sovereign state. Secondly, even if you guys want to alienate the Igbos out of hate and greed, the Igbo nation (Biafra) must have access to the Sea whether you people like it or not! Port Harcourt and huge Chunk of Rivers State including Bonny Island and Opobo have Igbo ancestry and anthropological descent/ links. So the Igbos are taking those lands including Port Harcourt Metropolis, Onne and Okrika. In fact, the whole Ikwerre Land and much more! So it's better you guys work hands in gloves with us to achieve a solid Biafran nation state instead of a partitioned Biafra because in the long term, a war will break out btw the two Biafras!

But please you guys should not even dream of taking any inch of Igbo land; PH, Asaba, Ikwerre land, Opobo, Bonny Island, Agbor, Kwale etc. We Igbos have the ruggedity to conquer you guys on the Battlefield any day any time as far as we are well armed. So BE WARNED!
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by DedeNkem: 4:39am On Nov 13, 2016
Wasting national resources we don't have in this recession, on barren land!!
Useless and st*upid Nigerian politicians!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by puncha: 4:59am On Nov 13, 2016
Stupidity is when you're owing workers....but you channel funds for a wild goose chase.

This shows how stupid the leadership of this country is..... How can you be screaming "Diversification" yet you're searching for the exact thing you're asking people to diversify from.

What a pity....this is all in the bid to break away from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Funjosh(m): 5:08am On Nov 13, 2016
Why won't they have flat tire, look at the type of vehicle they are using on that road angry

1 Like

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by bigbigger8(m): 5:25am On Nov 13, 2016
Paperwhite:

U hv a problem and urgently need a psychiatrist.
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by crisycent: 5:52am On Nov 13, 2016
mrvitalis:

This the comment of someone who doesn't know a thing of how the oil industry works.. .

What difference dose if make if all the oil wells are owned by a northerner? ?

Ijaws are here and Buhari and our minster of petroleum is running all over the world looking for people to come and develop oil blocks and u are here saying trash

It takes over a billion dollars to get an oil block to become operational and if you have this cash and rady to invest am sure government will rush and give u oil blocks as much as u want

Even 80% of Nigerians owned oil blocks are not operational or operating far below capacities

Learn u guys will refuse

Shut up your smelling mouth. Did these bastards pay a billion $ for the oil blocks?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by bidexmedia(m): 6:05am On Nov 13, 2016
For scholarship opportunities and visitations, please click here:- www.ofatconcept.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NBC To Shutdown Tinubu's Radio Continental - FFK / Coronavirus: No To 5G In Nigeria - Dino Melaye Tells FG / Ministerial nominees: Why Buhari dropped Dambazau, Kachikwu, Anwukah, others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.