Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies (46657 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products / MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs / Search For Oil In N/East Intensify As NNPC Mount GPS In Oil Well Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Icon4s(m): 10:04pm On Nov 12, 2016
metromediaboss:
NNPC seismic crew has finally mounted GPS Monument at the Kolmani oil well site. The search for oil in the North/East is truly underway. See photos below

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/11/nnpc-seismic-engineers-north-oil.html

Lol Seismic crew mounting GPS at an "Oil well site".

Nigerian journalists and jungle journalism sef.

6 Likes

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by dingbang(m): 10:06pm On Nov 12, 2016
The engineers, the contractors, infact, the nnpc, the presidency join sef, all of dem are olodos..

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by kingcomet(m): 10:07pm On Nov 12, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 12, 2016
let them keep searching for it, useless people.
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by ephi123(f): 10:12pm On Nov 12, 2016
Originalsly:
Just my view... in this century there is and always will be glut in the oil market. Technology has made it possible to now extract oil that was not possible in the last century... the US ...which was the biggest buyer is now trying to sell oil. Doesn't mean oil is no longer important... it is not that important. My take on the rush to extract oil in the North is part of a bigger plan... the plan to set the North up with all it requires to be a self sufficient country, then secede and leave 'Nigeria' saddled with the debt.... the reason also why the $30 b loan is sought after without explanation. So looking at the big picture... this makes sense to me... why settle secede and have to depend on 'Nigeria' for oil?
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 12, 2016
olasmith10:
my projection is that, although the current economic climate might be tilting backward but it has a prosperous undertone.. A time will come when groups, sects would find it extremely difficult and unnecessary to hold the nation to ransom over mundane issues..its good news should this exercise comes futile

Help me understand your input. Is oil the bedrock of one Nigeria?
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by SmartMugu: 10:15pm On Nov 12, 2016
All na wash. If they find any type of oil in that area, it must be groundnut oil. Spend the money on something else. How are we diversifying from being dependent on oil by searching for oil in a place it has never been discovered? Nickel was discovered in a closer region, yet no one did anything about it. Instead they are still looking for oil. Keep looking for fishes in deserts and let's see how many you'll end up with.

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Dymaco(m): 10:15pm On Nov 12, 2016
mrvitalis:
Why the so much talk about oil exploration in the north..? What about his efforts to increase Nigeria's water boundaries to include about 40% more oil blocks??

And for those asking if this is diversification.. . Let me asked what will be wrong if we produce 10 million barrels per day and yet it only contribute 30% of our earnings??

the reason I hate arquing with u is that u arque foolishly with sentiment....
if oil contribute 30% to our, what contribute the remaining 70%.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by VictorRomanov: 10:16pm On Nov 12, 2016
olasmith10:
my projection is that, although the current economic climate might be tilting backward but it has a prosperous undertone.. A time will come when groups, sects would find it extremely difficult and unnecessary to hold the nation to ransom over mundane issues..its good news should this exercise comes futile

Read wetin u write. This time very slooowly.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Cletus77(m): 10:16pm On Nov 12, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Niger delta oil will soon become useless.
"Soon"? We are blessed so face it!
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by martineverest(m): 10:16pm On Nov 12, 2016
Paperwhite:
This is Bubu's definition of "diversification". Senile dull man. undecided
just like ya father
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 12, 2016
The way dem dey drill oil for north, by all means, dem go soon reach hell fire.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by VictorRomanov: 10:18pm On Nov 12, 2016
OP, i don't know what u mean by GPS monument. What i see in the picture is a survey beacon or pillar with pillar numbers on it.

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Jerry1991(m): 10:19pm On Nov 12, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Niger delta oil will soon become useless.
just listen to yourself

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Cletus77(m): 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2016
Hail Cocoa!!! I hope after the exploration, rice will be #9000 per bag
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by prof12(m): 10:23pm On Nov 12, 2016
Perfecttouch:
i think the Hausas are finally receiving sense. They can see the handwriting on the wall that one day,maybe soon, they will no longer have dominion over those oil wells and rig allocated to them. And don't be s
urprise Buhari might be the last Hausa to rule a united Nigeria.
Jonathan has the same opportunity to upgrade both bayelsa and niger delta, I think we should ask tompolo,ayiri, Clark and co what happened.
Obasanjo had same opportunity to develop olokola but he too didn't .

Point of correction, BUHARI is not Hausa but Fulani.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by anonymuz(m): 10:25pm On Nov 12, 2016
Even make dem use the one wey pass gps or try chd basin,no level for una.make una jeje face una cow or try your groundnut pyramid again.
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Dymaco(m): 10:26pm On Nov 12, 2016
mrvitalis:

She i know has foreign partners.. I told u most of Nigerians owned oil blocks are not operational.. . They just used them to take loans

oga leave this useless things u dey talk... because of u I stopped visiting political section because u tink like a pounded yam....
do u know how oil well is allocated. not by how u owe but the connection u have.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:27pm On Nov 12, 2016
Paperwhite:
no mind am upon say the request for oil son drop he still uses the money which he claims Nigerians don't have to search for oyei.
Hmmmmmm one Nigeria

1 Like

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by trilobite: 10:27pm On Nov 12, 2016
Paperwhite:

As in eh!! You spoke my mind.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Absolutezero: 10:27pm On Nov 12, 2016
Waste of our money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by mrvitalis(m): 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2016
Dymaco:

the reason I hate arquing with u is that u arque foolishly with sentiment....
if oil contribute 30% to our, what contribute the remaining 70%.
Learn to read then read my comment again

1 Like

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by AreaFada2: 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2016
Good. Let them discover plenty of it. That way the North will finally agree to resource control.

They might even secede completely if they feel the South stands to benefit from their oil.

Both scenarios are far better than the unhappy marriage that Nigeria is now.

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 12, 2016
olasmith10:

what if Boko Haram cease control of the oil supply?

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by vislabraye(m): 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2016
Originalsly:
Just my view... in this century there is and always will be glut in the oil market. Technology has made it possible to now extract oil that was not possible in the last century... the US ...which was the biggest buyer is now trying to sell oil. Doesn't mean oil is no longer important... it is not that important. My take on the rush to extract oil in the North is part of a bigger plan... the plan to set the North up with all it requires to be a self sufficient country, then secede and leave 'Nigeria' saddled with the debt.... the reason also why the $30 b loan is sought after without explanation. So looking at the big picture... this makes sense to me... why settle secede and have to depend on 'Nigeria' for oil?

That could be the point ! The debts would have to be shared in that case.
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by trilobite: 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2016
Samtob90:

Your problem is that you don't know the meaning of diversification. It does not mean neglecting a sector but developing other sectors so that they can grow. Moving from mono cultural economy to poly cultural economy

What is this one saying?
Low oil prices is what has caused this current recession, it makes no sense whatsoever to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on exploration .

An exploration that has been funded by obj, good luck yielded nothing. Now he is expecting a miracle. If only you know how much people are making on this stupid venture you'll rethink your support.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by rusher14: 10:34pm On Nov 12, 2016
sanandreas:

It will be a thing of joy if North finds oil. At least our beautiful creeks would be devoid of environmental degradation. Our communities is been roasted by gas flaring and u think it won't happen in the North. The FG is known for use and dump.

Nigeria isn't the only country in the world in which oil is explored why is there so much spillage when global best practice is applied all round the world?

Flaring still goes on even in Texas so why do we make it appear as if there's a curse in the land that is unique?

The problem of the Niger Delta is the Niger Deltan sorry to say.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by vislabraye(m): 10:34pm On Nov 12, 2016
SmartMugu:
All na wash. If they find any type of oil in that area, it must be groundnut oil. Spend the money on something else. How are we diversifying from being dependent on oil by searching for oil in a place it has never been discovered? Nickel was discovered in a closer region, yet no one did anything about it. Instead they are still looking for oil. Keep looking for fishes in deserts and let's see how many you'll end up with.

Thank you ! Even with the fact that oil is getting out of fashion, our president is still look for more oil.
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Tushed: 10:37pm On Nov 12, 2016
Who oil don epp?
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 12, 2016
COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND SCARCE RESOURCES!!
MARK MY WORDS! NO ATOM OF OIL WILL BE SEEN THERE!!
UNA THINK SAY GOD KNOW NO WETIN E DO WEN E CREATE NIGERIA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Welcomes Buhari To Lagos (Photo) / Ugwuanyi Rewards Woman Who Returned N14M Erroneously Paid To Her (Photos) / Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.