Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,104 members, 7,835,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies (46651 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products / MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs / Search For Oil In N/East Intensify As NNPC Mount GPS In Oil Well Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by amyzon: 11:26am On Nov 13, 2016
Why not get our refineries working first before searching for more oil. Why are our leaders did blind. If u find new oil now what next, u keep exporting
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by egbiremolenae: 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2016
Hello Allow: My question is this. Is there a hidden oil in the northern part of Nigeria that so much money had been expended?
why wastage of so much money that should have been used for meaningful projects? Can you find what is not deposited by nature.?
This is political stupidity.
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by emecheboy2(m): 1:42pm On Nov 13, 2016
Video: Oil led us into recession, oil will take us out – Presidency

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQjW2xmQtmM
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 13, 2016
olasmith10:

If Ur absolute comprehension of the write up is this Ur question, I really don't know where to start from.. am sorry!!!

Your silence underscores the obvious. No one can stop the time.

Freedom for the oppressed is inevitable!
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by FrenchyL(m): 2:07pm On Nov 13, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Niger delta oil will soon become useless.

Until that happens, Niger Delta Oil remains the mainstay of the economy.
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Samtob90(m): 2:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
AlNur:
You just ended up saying trash. How is searching for oil in the north translate to diversification?

Professor don't teach us nonsense. Does diversification mean don't search for oil in the north? Ok, I will help you, kindly visit your dictionary, type it online instead of typing what you don't know and don't be ashamed to type your findings here
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Samtob90(m): 3:02pm On Nov 13, 2016
trilobite:

What is this one saying?
Low oil prices is what has caused this current recession, it makes no sense whatsoever to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on exploration .

An exploration that has been funded by obj, good luck yielded nothing. Now he is expecting a miracle. If only you know how much people are making on this stupid venture you'll rethink your support.

Since there is low oil prices, why can't you stop using petrol, stop producing. Despite low price, read what Saudi, Iran and other oil producing nations produce per day. All you need to do is construct more refineries produce more and let the price crash further as long as you don't import finished products, it won't affect you.
Let oil be in large quantity, develop all other sectors and that is all what diversification is about. Nigeria discovered oil and neglected agriculture like your recommendation and this is where such policy led us
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by maestro299: 6:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
Originalsly:
Just my view... in this century there is and always will be glut in the oil market. Technology has made it possible to now extract oil that was not possible in the last century... the US ...which was the biggest buyer is now trying to sell oil. Doesn't mean oil is no longer important... it is not that important. My take on the rush to extract oil in the North is part of a bigger plan... the plan to set the North up with all it requires to be a self sufficient country, then secede and leave 'Nigeria' saddled with the debt.... the reason also why the $30 b loan is sought after without explanation. So looking at the big picture... this makes sense to me... why secede and have to depend on 'Nigeria' for oil?
Hmmm... This your comment is deep.
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Codes151(m): 7:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Niger delta oil will soon become useless.
it about the quantity they will see!!! Let them spend cash!
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by trilobite: 7:40pm On Nov 13, 2016
Samtob90:

Since there is low oil prices, why can't you stop using petrol, stop producing. Despite low price, read what Saudi, Iran and other oil producing nations produce per day. All you need to do is construct more refineries produce more and let the price crash further as long as you don't import finished products, it won't affect you.
Let oil be in large quantity, develop all other sectors and that is all what diversification is about. Nigeria discovered oil and neglected agriculture like your recommendation and this is where such policy led us
I don't understand you. The price of a commodity is low and your suggestion is to produce more of said commodity? What are you saying?
The Saudis who produce more than us are also complaining.
Nigeria is blessed with abundant resources. I am not talking of agriculture alone.
Let me give you an instance: there is a village in the north east with abundant uranium, this mineral has contaminated their farm produce and is killing them. Imagine: people dieing from money.

Any responsible government will look at exloitaion of such minerals instead of foolishly focusing on oil.
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by jahsharon: 7:52pm On Nov 13, 2016
Paperwhite:
This is Bubu's definition of "diversification". Senile dull man[b][/b]. undecided

Please post your father's pictures and achievements so that we can compare with the people's General.
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Sirlovings: 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
Perfecttouch:
i think the Hausas are finally receiving sense. They can see the handwriting on the wall that one day,maybe soon, they will no longer have dominion over those oil wells and rig allocated to them. And don't be surprise Buhari might be the last Hausa to rule a united Nigeria.
Jonathan has the same opportunity to upgrade both bayelsa and niger delta, I think we should ask tompolo,ayiri, Clark and co what happened.
Obasanjo had same opportunity to develop olokola but he too didn't .

I think with the results of UK leaving EU and Trump winning US election, people are now realizing that anything is possible. The concept of one Nigeria has no foundation and with so many problems facing Nigeria, it will be a miracle for Nigeria to see another 100 years.

I know some deluded people will want to argue about it and fantasize about how Nigeria will become a great nation in few months.
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Samtob90(m): 8:58pm On Nov 13, 2016
trilobite:

I don't understand you. The price of a commodity is low and your suggestion is to produce more of said commodity? What are you saying?
The Saudis who produce more than us are also complaining.
Nigeria is blessed with abundant resources. I am not talking of agriculture alone.
Let me give you an instance: there is a village in the north east with abundant uranium, this mineral has contaminated their farm produce and is killing them. Imagine: people dieing from money.

Any responsible government will look at exloitaion of such minerals instead of foolishly focusing on oil.

Our challenge with crude oil is that we don't refine. If we can refine all our consumption within, it will not adversely affect us. Besides, the problem of niger delta militant necessitate looking for oil elsewhere. Our advice is for the government to develop all sectors, oil, mining, agriculture, industry etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by phabulux1: 11:57am On Nov 14, 2016
olasmith10:

stop being a parody of urself...if u observe that the context of a thread is too mechanical for your comprehension, u simply ignore or wait for an explanatory poster.. better still, go to d romance section where u will find almost an endless streams of kindergarten posts to brighten your day and lighten Ur anger.. so when comments are hard-grindings, does it make the brain incapable of a rational input?

Christ!
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by phabulux1: 12:14pm On Nov 14, 2016
olasmith10:

stop being a parody of urself...if u observe that the context of a thread is too mechanical for your comprehension, u simply ignore or wait for an explanatory poster.. better still, go to d romance section where u will find almost an endless streams of kindergarten posts to brighten your day and lighten Ur anger.. so when comments are hard-grindings, does it make the brain incapable of a rational input?

Check 'phabulux'.

That account was banned for a reason.

I have the time... Let me put it this way: if you must pick up a fight, pick it with somebody else.
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by olasmith10(m): 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2016
phabulux1:

Check 'phabulux'.

That account was banned for a reason.

I have the time... Let me put it this way: if you must pick up a fight, pick it with somebody else.

lol...so where is the venue of our fight gonna be...
Re: NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies by Justiceleague1: 8:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
rusher14:

Nigeria isn't the only country in the world in which oil is explored why is there so much spillage when global best practice is applied all round the world?

Flaring still goes on even in Texas so why do we make it appear as if there's a curse in the land that is unique?

The problem of the Niger Delta is the Niger Deltan sorry to say.

giant mental grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Wins Muchalla Ward( Mubi North LGA) Adamawa State / Okonjo-Iweala's Letter To Jonathan Asking For Permission To Send $300m To Dasuki / Boko Haram Blocks Yobe Highway, Battles Soldiers In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.