Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child (1840 Views)

What Is The Most Annoying Habit That Your Boyfriend/ Girlfriend Has? / Please What Do You Think I Should Do Leave Or Continue? / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by izeek(m): 1:17pm On Nov 03, 2009
iice,

just how i c it too.
u dont wait until he hears or finds out, tellhim from the first date.
that way u know if he is there for real or not.

if u postpone it, am sure it wud be aproblem to tell much later.
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by spikedcylinder: 2:54pm On Nov 03, 2009
izeek:

thats the mistake we all make, hiding things cos we feel we might loose the peron.

i believe you lay it all in theopen from the onset, and if he feels its too muh for him to hndle then let him move along.

I agree with you 100% but that is not the issue here. The issue here is: way forward?
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by Macgreat(m): 3:00pm On Nov 03, 2009
Leave!!! FAST!
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by kpolli(m): 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2009
this is a testing time for the 2 of 'em,
but fact is if he leaves he then he never loved her
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by nnemak(m): 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2009
Only very few ladies in dat situation tell you at the start of the relationship,
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by TheSeeker(m): 11:26pm On Nov 03, 2009
izeek:

iice,

just how i c it too.
u dont wait until he hears or finds out, tellhim from the first date.
that way u know if he is there for real or not.

if u postpone it, am sure it wud be aproblem to tell much later.

iice:

Thank you ooo.
I always say, give them the full blast. . .if they stick around, then they are worth all the effort.

Na why, people relationships crumble. . friendship/relationships. Keep tip-toeing around each other undecided

Yeah, you're right, just the way I've seen it. One thing is certain though: not everyone knows what to do in certain situations. . . like I said and going from what she said, she wasn't going to hide from him, she wanted to wait a little bit more before she tells him - which I think was a stupid attempt. I'm still sure most ladies nowadays will still hide such from their potential boyfriends depending on where they are or whatever other criteria they have chosen to hide it for.

Now, the question is what should the guy do? This is just like any other secret, maybe a little heavy, but still it's an offense that can be forgiven, if he truly loves her; nevertheless, my friend doesn't know what he wants to do wink
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by LordReed(m): 11:15am On Nov 04, 2009
If he loves her he should stay. At least it wasn't like they were gonna get married 2mrw n she told him 2day. Yes it's an issue n yes it's pretty tough to encompass but hey it's sometin from her past so let him keep loving her cos her revelation has not made her a different person all of a sudden.
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by iice(f): 3:07pm On Nov 04, 2009
TheSeeker:

Yeah, you're right, just the way I've seen it. One thing is certain though: not everyone knows what to do in certain situations. . . like I said and going from what she said, she wasn't going to hide from him, she wanted to wait a little bit more before she tells him - which I think was a stupid attempt. I'm still sure most ladies nowadays will still hide such from their potential boyfriends depending on where they are or whatever other criteria they have chosen to hide it for.

Now, the question is what should the guy do? This is just like any other secret, maybe a little heavy, but still it's an offense that can be forgiven, if he truly loves her; nevertheless, my friend doesn't know what he wants to do wink

I think if she was scared, she should have waited a few months not a whole year plus! How do people keep these kinds of secrets? I would think that constantly thinking about telling him or his reaction would just drive her nuts undecided Oh well hindsight as they say is 50/50.

I think he should ask himself if he's willing to forgive and what he wants out of the relationship. . .it's just as much keeping something that important from him as it is a breach of trust.  If he's willing to forgive, then he should have a talk with her.  Ask if there is anything else she's keeping from him and that since they are 'weathering' this storm, she shouldn't be afraid to tell him things. Trust is important, we all know that.  Then he should think of how they will incorporate the child in their lives (unless they plan to keep the child separate from their lives undecided).  Is he willing to be a father figure (whether they get married or not, he will be a male role model)? Does he understand the responsibilities and circumstances (sacrifices etc) that comes with having a child. . .One step at a time to patching up his relationship.  Good luck to them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Because He Told Her He Will Marry Her She Had To Quit Our Relationship / The Fastest Way To Get Over A Woman Is To Get On Top Of Another One / Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.