Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils - Car Talk (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils (95229 Views)

..... The Importance Of Mobil1 Engine Oil / Can Mobil1 Annual Protection Motor Oil Truly Give 20,000Miles/1Yr Of Protection? / Mobil1 5W 30 Fully Synthetic Oil Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by radautoworks: 8:24pm On Dec 18, 2020

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by timenamoney: 8:41am On Dec 30, 2020
sureboykris:
Been using mobil XHP 20W50 for many years on my car. Is it too late to switch to the recommended oil..?
Never had an engine problem
run it 3000 miles , it's never too late to switch except you are leaking or burning oi

time na moneyl
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Kingdemu: 7:45pm On Jan 05, 2021
timenamoney:
run it 3000 miles , it's never too late to switch except you are leaking or burning oi

time na moneyl
Do not listen to this man. Do not switch. I repeat, Do not switch!!!
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:47pm On Jan 05, 2021
We recommend Addinol for all cars

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by theoilguy: 2:44am On Jan 06, 2021
sooperrescue:

Sooperrrescue, where is my 50,000 naira?

Have you finished solving all your family problems with it this 2021??

When I start dragging you again very soon, you would realize I would never forget.. old man, use your sense and pay your debt.. it’s been 1 year already.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by CHIMCO(m): 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2021
sooperrescue:

Boss please I need to change my Engine and Gear box oil in my Lexus RX 330.
Please which oil will be ideal.
I saw this on the cover of the Engine oil.
API SL
SAE 5W- 30.
Please what is your Recommendations Sir.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:14pm On Jan 06, 2021
CHIMCO:

Boss please I need to change my Engine and Gear box oil in my Lexus RX 330.
Please which oil will be ideal.
I saw this on the cover of the Engine oil.
API SL
SAE 5W- 30.
Please what is your Recommendations Sir.

I will suggest that you use Motul energy 5w30 or Addinnol. Motul is sold by infinity tyres and Addinnol has the gear oil dexron 6 for your car
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by CHIMCO(m): 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2021
sooperrescue:

I will suggest that you use Motul energy 5w30 or Addinnol. Motul is sold by infinity tyres and Addinnol has the gear oil dexron 6 for your car

Thanks. Please can one get the above at regular oil Market. I have not heard of it.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2021
+234 805 509 2014 infinity tyres for motul energy 81 series 5w30 API SL, energy conserving.
+234 813 030 5435 Addinol

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by CHIMCO(m): 6:34am On Jan 08, 2021
sooperrescue:
+234 805 509 2014 infinity tyres for motul energy 81 series 5w30 API SL, energy conserving.
+234 813 030 5435 Addinol

You are the best. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Ikenna351(m): 7:17pm On Jan 10, 2021
TOTAL QUARTZ INEO HTC 5W-30 IS NOW AVAILABLE AT TOTAL NIGERIA IN ABUJA FOR SALE:

If own and drive PSA vehicles with THP, VTi and other newer Peugeot Engines in newer Peugeot vehicles like Peugeot 207, 208, 2008, 308, 3008, 508, RCZ, etc, the Peugeot recommended Engine oil from Total is now available in Abuja at cheaper price (N17,500 per 5-liter, as of today 10/01/2021).

If you don't want to be complaining of frequent turbocharger failure, timing chain & tensioner failures, complete engine failure, rapid oil burn or oil shortage, etc, go and get yours now, as many as you can, before it goes out of stock or price increases. I purchased 2 containers (10 liters) for a client this afternoon when I saw them at Zone 4 Junction Total fuel station, Abuja.

Also, users of some other PSA engines like EW10J4 can also use the oil, including other PSA Engines recommended to use B71 2297 oil certification which I have listed numerous times.

Lion King - Monk.

2 Likes

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:01pm On Jan 10, 2021
Ikenna351:
TOTAL QUARTZ INEO HTC 5W-30 IS NOW AVAILABLE AT TOTAL NIGERIA IN ABUJA FOR SALE:

If own and drive PSA vehicles with THP, VTi and other newer Peugeot Engines in newer Peugeot vehicles like Peugeot 207, 208, 2008, 308, 3008, 508, RCZ, etc, the Peugeot recommended Engine oil from Total is now available in Abuja at cheaper price (N17,500 per 5-liter, as of today 10/01/2021).

If you don't want to be complaining of frequent turbocharger failure, timing chain & tensioner failures, complete engine failure, rapid oil burn or oil shortage, etc, go and get yours now, as many as you can, before it goes out of stock or price increases. I purchased 2 containers (10 liters) for a client this afternoon when I saw them at Zone 4 Junction Total fuel station, Abuja.

Also, users of some other PSA engines like EW10J4 can also use the oil, including other PSA Engines recommended to use B71 2297 oil certification which I have listed numerous times.

Lion King - Monk.
Great info for all Peugeot owners. Have you seen the 0w20 variant from Total and what is the vehicles that it is recommended for?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:27pm On Jan 10, 2021
If I may recall, the new 508 and 3008 turbo boost, the oil that is recommended for both cars by Peugeot is Total Activa, so ineos can not be the oil solution for Peugeot.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by alphaNomega: 8:34pm On Jan 10, 2021
sureboykris:
Been using mobil XHP 20W50 for many years on my car. Is it too late to switch to the recommended oil..?
Never had an engine problem
if your engine oils changes have been regular, you can switch to synthetic oil with no problems. Speaking from experience.

You would notice better performance from your car especially during cold starts.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 10:17pm On Jan 10, 2021
alphaNomega:
if your engine oils changes have been regular, you can switch to synthetic oil with no problems. Speaking from experience.

You would notice better performance from your car especially during cold starts.
He said that he has been using the oil for many years. There was a guy who brought his Toyota to our former outlet in Abuja and the car was filled with sludge. We used engine flush and the engine knocked. It is a dicey scenario
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by klbakare(m): 10:03am On Jan 13, 2021
Dear sooperrescue which engine oil will you recommend for a 07 Camry toks. I'm presently at ogbomoso. When I asked for Mobil the say na 19k + . It's too much for me ooo. Except it's once in a year affair. Thanks in advance. Please kindly reply promptly.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by timenamoney: 12:35pm On Jan 13, 2021
Kingdemu:
Do not listen to this man. Do not switch. I repeat, Do not switch!!!
stop quoting my comments unnecessarily like a fool without any meaningful statement
Do u know me In person ?

I told him to use his 20w50 mineral oil for 3000 miles and told him he can still switch to 5w30 if his not burning or leaking oil, just like me that switch from 20w50 to 5w30 with out any issue especially when his state temperature is +38 and below e.g <-5 --------------5w30-----------+38

#stop nagging unnecessarily
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by timenamoney: 12:40pm On Jan 13, 2021
theoilguy:

Sooperrrescue, where is my 50,000 naira?

Have you finished solving all your family problems with it this 2021??

When I start dragging you again very soon, you would realize I would never forget.. old man, use your sense and pay your debt.. it’s been 1 year already.
you are even fraudulent @sooperrescue
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by timenamoney: 1:19pm On Jan 13, 2021
sooperrescue:

He said that he has been using the oil for many years. There was a guy who brought his Toyota to our former outlet in Abuja and the car was filled with sludge. We used engine flush and the engine knocked. It is a dicey scenario
what wrong even if he has been using it for years? Do u know his oil change intervals , did u ask the for used oil analysis or compression test results ? Did he tell you he has sludge to give such a unrecommended advise ?hmm DO MANUFACTURER'S RECOMMEND ENGINE FLUSH? Because you wrongly flush and knocked someone else good or dieing engine Instead of using a semi synthetic oil to gradually flush the engine with shorter oil change intervals before going to synthetic , Go Learn how to give advice on automobile question ok? Or concentrate in your engine oil business Mr Abuja outlet
Fxxk you for knocking that engine
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by timenamoney: 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2021
alphaNomega:

that the point I'm trying to make before the chicken interrupted
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by timenamoney: 2:41pm On Jan 13, 2021
madprophet:

Hello Boss,

I use the Honda 5W 30 for my car(Honda and am at 2700 miles the oil is already very black, Does the colour of the oil affect the performance of the oil?

The engine oil is recommended to be used to 5000 miles?

What are your thoughts on the matter? Can i used addinol 5W 30, the delaer told me its for 9000km max

The Addinol CVT oil you recommeded has been wonderful, my gear response has been sweet since i started using the oil.
check your drain nots for metal particles make sure your pcv is working properly it is responsible for engine ventilation to extract blow-by from combustion through the pistin rings that get into the crankcase to the engine oil, change sooner and watch again
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by timenamoney: 2:45pm On Jan 13, 2021
sooperrescue:

try and flush the engine and it will clean the interior of the engine. The CVT Oil is one of the best oil currently in the country and it is good for your car.
unrecommended advise

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by timenamoney: 2:53pm On Jan 13, 2021
sooperrescue:

You will have to use Engine flush cleaner that will be used when you are about to change the oil. The only one that I can recommend is Jensen's engine flush and you don't need to loose any sump. Just pour it in on the old oil and let it engine run idle for 5 minutes and drain out the oil and put fresh oil. As for the long oil interval, even Castrol guaranteed 20000 miles but from my conversation with them, it's not ideal for Africa.
DID THE CAR MANUFACTURERS RECOMMEND ENGINE FLUSH? MR EXPERT , that why you knocked someone engine at your outlet in Abuja
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Kingdemu: 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2021
timenamoney:
stop quoting my comments unnecessarily like a fool without any meaningful statement
Do u know me In person ?

I told him to use his 20w50 mineral oil for 3000 miles and told him he can still switch to 5w30 if his not burning or leaking oil, just like me that switch from 20w50 to 5w30 with out any issue especially when his state temperature is +38 and below e.g <-5 --------------5w30-----------+38

#stop nagging unnecessarily
You must be a dingbat! Do you think car engines work primitively like your cursed brain? Did you for a single second considered if the long use of 20w50 has already caused sludge buil up in his engine before advising him to switch to a 5w30 synthetic? I pity whoever take advise from a foolish roadside kazeem like you.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by timenamoney: 2:59pm On Jan 13, 2021
madprophet:

I should just stick to my Honda 5w 30 for 5000 miles right.

Where can I get the engine cleaner??

yes , or change sooner (3000) , but foget about that unrecommended engine cleaner it can knock your engine
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by timenamoney: 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2021
Kingdemu:
You must be a dingbat! Do you think car engines work primitively like your cursed brain? Did you for a single second considered if the long use of 20w50 has already caused sludge buil up in his engine before advising him to switch to a 5w30 synthetic? I pity whoever take advise from a foolish roadside kazeem like you.
I never ask him to go synthetic as my comments above indicated clearly, rather I said he can switch to 5w30 if he is not burning or leaking oil, which is also available in conventional or mineral oil despite the fact that oil sellers association members like you prefer to import only synthetic ones

Why should I consider when he is not complaining

Maybe if not for my intervention you may have recommended engine flush that's not recommended by manufacturers
Am not a kaseem ,I am literate in automobile

Mr unrecommended engine damager
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by madprophet(m): 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2021
timenamoney:
check your drain nots for metal particles make sure your pcv is working properly it is responsible for engine ventilation to extract blow-by from combustion through the pistin rings that get into the crankcase to the engine oil, change sooner and watch again

Ok boss.

Thanks
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by timenamoney: 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2021
madprophet:

Ok boss.

Thanks
And make sure you use a temostate in your engine or not but make sure fan is factory setting, dont blow all time, it help in regulating temp to 100degr so that injector stop running in OPEN LOOP FUEL OPERATION ( MORE FUEL) which flood the cylinder caurse carborn buildup and blowby 2ru the rings and contaminate your engine oil to black more also help engine oil reach 100degr recommended temp to evaporate water and fuel particles from engine oil.
cheers
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2021
timenamoney:
what wrong even if he has been using it for years? Do u know his oil change intervals , did u ask the for used oil analysis or compression test results ? Did he tell you he has sludge to give such a unrecommended advise ?hmm DO MANUFACTURER'S RECOMMEND ENGINE FLUSH? Because you wrongly flush and knocked someone else good or dieing engine Instead of using a semi synthetic oil to gradually flush the engine with shorter oil change intervals before going to synthetic , Go Learn how to give advice on automobile question ok? Or concentrate in your engine oil business Mr Abuja outlet
Fxxk you for knocking that engine

Maybe the corona phase 2 is affecting you.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by alphaNomega: 7:59pm On Jan 13, 2021
sooperrescue:

The duration of mineral oil use does not matter. You shouldn't have used engine flush, synthetic oil would gradually take out all and any sludge in the engine as long as you change the oil regularly (i.e. every 5000 miles unless otherwise specified by the car manufacturer)

I used to be worried about switching from 20w50 to 5w-x, not any more. One of my major concerns was the cost of synthetic oi, but considering the time and money spent due to engine failure from 20w-50 use, it is worth it smiley

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (36) (Reply)

The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.