Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,703 members, 7,955,655 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:05 PM

Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State (82968 Views)

The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List / Mbaise Woman's Husband Was Given N800k Marriage List 10 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by decub: 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
Berbierklaus:

Could be used as meat for the party or reared to produce offsprings for the bride's father.

This is an Igbo bride price list,they believe they should gain almost all they spent training their girls from the husband. grin
Do you also know that most times, 80% of the list do not go to the brides immediate family. It is shared by the community.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by origima: 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
My dear some of the items in the list are exaggerated. I tell you with 15k you can marry in that same village.Some of this things is to put fun in the whole thing.money never stopped any man from marrying an Mbaise woman
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by kilonso001(m): 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
I have never liked anything that comes from Mbaise.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by amicable09(f): 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
rosalieene:
If your brother can afford it and he really loves her, then he can go ahead, what's the fuss!!
If he can't afford it, he should come to a compromise with the girl's family so some things would be removed.
All this people casting IMO indigenes should go and hug transformer
#proudlyImo #mbaitoli
Lol.
But Rosey Imo state marriage list na die in the whole of Igbo land o.

This one is still considerable.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 15, 2016
The list is very similar to a LovePeddler that a fool (who I was unfortunate to be related to) married from that mbaise. No right thinking man will marry from that cursed place.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by bussy2020(m): 1:28pm On Nov 15, 2016
The girl na virgin? Upon fulfilling all this conditions and later discover that panel beater don work for the place might be succidal oooooo.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Phi001(m): 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2016
Piercedclit:
All this things na guide. No be say the quantity must equal what is on the list. E.g if 100 tubers of yam is on the list, you can buy 40 or 50, same with the other things.
E be like say none of una don dey where dem dey pay woman bride price. E be like inside market.
Are you sure?
My father bought 200 tubers for my mum and my grandfather's elder brothers were complaining that the tubers weren't fat enough...
When my grandfather wanted to talk, they were like "Jonas shut up, you're still a small boy."
They counted two as one and told him to goan bring another 100 tubers.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by CzarChris(m): 1:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
I seriously get pissed when I see people who are not from a particular region criticizing the culture and norms of other people.
Are the men from the east complaining? All this nonsense should just stop. If you can't marry an Igbo woman because of expensive list. HABA! There are places that marriage to their daughter is almost free. F...ing go there and stop over flogging this issue.

I'm not from Mbaise, but my girl is from there and anything can happen soon. I will be willing to pay double of everything that is on the list, cos she's worth it.

4 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by taemilola(f): 1:36pm On Nov 15, 2016
God will assist ur bro in carrying the load.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by rosalieene(f): 1:40pm On Nov 15, 2016
amicable09:

Lol.

NNE, I believe everything depends on the family and understanding because you can't tell me that those that are poor and still got married paid such as dowry
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by bisi16(m): 1:45pm On Nov 15, 2016
Even me wey be Igbo no fit marry from Mbaise sef.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by atirolu(m): 1:48pm On Nov 15, 2016
No wonder so men beat their wife for misbehaving

If I pay this much that woman must not make mistake

Na joke oooo b4 my gf leave me
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Odogwuskido(m): 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
priscaoge:
Like seriously? shocked shocked shocked shocked I'm still proud of my village ARONDIZUOGU anytime anyday tongue tongue tongue. Bride price is still 25naira till tomorrow, then the list won't cost u more than 150k(plus and minus) but maybe because of recession, prices of stuff in d market go dare (Ask anyone from Izuogu). Anything u wish to buy for the parents is solely from Ur heart and its not included in d list.
I like ur advert. I will put into consideration,Izuogu when am ripe for marriage.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Elle277(f): 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
No be by force, nah choice carry you go there..lol
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by obisdavinc(m): 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
Not when the girl is pregnant for u. rubbish
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by DesChyko: 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
Please, it is good to always state the exact place they're getting married from.
I also married my wife from Aboh Mbaise, Ibeku precisely, and I still have my list with me.
Most of those stuffs written on yours are strange to me.,

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by eagleeye2: 1:53pm On Nov 15, 2016
OP, #500k you dey complain. Come Ngwa land and you go know how far. Isiego Nna na Nne be #500k. (#300k and 200k respectively).
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by AreaFada2: 1:53pm On Nov 15, 2016
domnwan:
It is written there doesn't make it non negotiable, if you get ur own children make it free and leave the mbaise people alone.....we are not complaining, marriage to our daughters is not for poverty stricken being so be wise

Ok.

So dude in Mbaise, there is no poor man at all?

What is average income among Mbaise people compared to other parts of Nigeria? Please enlighten us.

Because I know many people begin life/married relatively poor & end up rich or much better off together.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by priscaoge(f): 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
amicable09:

25 naira is still too much for bride price. It's less in my village. But the list is long sha (front and back grin)

And did you say anything you WISH to buy for the parents is solely from your heart? Mmmh, then it is either the men marrying the ladies are from your village or you've not witnessed one where the man if from 'away'.

The farther away the groom's village, the tougher it is to give their daughter out. I feel it is to scare the men but it's nothing.

It is actually negotiable. Unless her father doesn't want to release her, if not, he can talk the elders into accepting what his in laws have brought.

And did you say anything you WISH to buy for the parents is solely from your heart? Mmmh, then it is either the men marrying the ladies are from your village or you've not witnessed one where the man if from 'away'.

The farther away the groom's village, the tougher it is to give their daughter out. I feel it is to scare the men but it's nothing.

I don't understand what u mean by that? Are u actually telling me I don't know the customs and tradition of my own village? Or I don't know what marriage list contains? I used my village as an example because I don't want unnecessary arguments from some people on Nairaland because they can argue for Africa. Make ur inquiries and come back here, then quote me with the list. We don't set our traditions based on where u come from. It is not meant for a particular tribe, village, far or near. Tradition is tradition. If that's how u do in Ur village, it's not same in my place.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by priscaoge(f): 1:55pm On Nov 15, 2016
Odogwuskido:

I like ur advert. I will put into consideration,Izuogu when am ripe for marriage.

Not an advert Bro! I'm actually proud of my root smiley
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by schumastic(m): 1:58pm On Nov 15, 2016
Lilimax:

Oshi nini undecided? *in Owerri dialect*

oshi onye choru lu nwayi, ya bia with ego
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by amicable09(f): 2:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
rosalieene:

NNE, I believe everything depends on the family and understanding because you can't tell me that those that are poor and still got married paid such as dowry
Very very true!
Everybody must know how to cut their cloth according to their material.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by walosky(m): 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2016
And after going thru this process, ur so called wife will start giving u pepper
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Odogwuskido(m): 2:04pm On Nov 15, 2016
priscaoge:

Not an advert Bro! I'm actually proud of my root smiley
Not untill now, many of us don't know the bride price of a woman in ur place is #25 flat. So,it's a big advert.
P.S: We are all proud of our root!
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by schumastic(m): 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2016
priscaoge:
Like seriously? shocked shocked shocked shocked I'm still proud of my village ARONDIZUOGU anytime anyday tongue tongue tongue. Bride price is still 25naira till tomorrow, then the list won't cost u more than 150k(plus and minus) but maybe because of recession, prices of stuff in d market go dare (Ask anyone from Izuogu). Anything u wish to buy for the parents is solely from Ur heart and its not included in d list.

I don't think it's true because one part of Mbaise that we went for traditional marriage, there were issues from their Ụmụnna claiming that d list isn't complete. They made so much trouble and insisted that the man should present everything, d groom nearly abandoned the whole thing. It was God's intervention that d case was settled. The bride was just crying because of the way those wicked elders messed her marriage up.

i have a close friend from your place and he loves to brag about his place eh,, although he said you people do jazz a lot..
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Fabulousb36(f): 2:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
Let me advice u on d best way to Go abt this.
First, d elders (umunna) and the women (umunwanyi) are ur worst enemies. They don't even like d fact dat u are getting married to dat girl Cox those they'd rather u come nd marry their own daughters. So don't even think of compromising their list esp if ur father in-law is Not one of them/ based in d village.
In order to avoid dem properly don't buy What they have written down just ask them d cash equivalent of their list dis gives u a negotiation edge. If u make d mistake of buying d things on d list and u forget a pin dey will Go as far as ruining ur wedding
Second, pay d dowry and do all negotiations a day b4 d wedding. this will help u save ur self d shame of being embarrassed b4 ur guest.
Third, the things of list for ur mother nd father in-law must Not b bought completely just buy d important one's.
finally, The umunna will treat u based on How u present urself. if u Go and start acting like a rich man dey will deal with u.
I am talking from experience

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by priscaoge(f): 2:09pm On Nov 15, 2016
Odogwuskido:

Not untill now, many of us don't know the bride price of a woman in ur place is #25 flat. So,it's a big advert.
P.S: We are all proud of our root!

Yeah right tho, but not everyone is proud of their root. Those that attack other tribes based on their customs or traditions cannot tell u their root so u won't tell them what they are known for.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by schumastic(m): 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2016
rosalieene:
If your brother can afford it and he really loves her, then he can go ahead, what's the fuss!!
If he can't afford it, he should come to a compromise with the girl's family so some things would be removed.
All this people casting IMO indigenes should go and hug transformer
#proudlyImo #mbaitoli

sing it out let them hear #proudlyIMO grin grin

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2016
It all depends on the kind of mbaise family u're talkin of, my sister got married this year we were not even the ones fronting for bride price, her husband was, i mean what can he buy that we can't afford the bride price z jst meant to be a reminder that the gal u want to get married to, worth a fortune. At the end of the day my guy did'nt pay anything higher than 15k,and there was no fucking qualms evrybody went home happy xo y'all watch ur mouth
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by schumastic(m): 2:12pm On Nov 15, 2016
amicable09:

Lol.

yeah but the funny part is that 10-20% of the whole list goes to the family and the rest goes to the community and relatives.
the list is also negotiable, if your people can bargain they will cut down the price to the minimum.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by priscaoge(f): 2:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
schumastic:

i have a close friend from your place and he loves to brag about his place eh,, although he said you people do jazz a lot..

The jazz his ancestors and his forefathers did haven't cleared from his eyes I guess. Every Village have one festival or the other, Some do "Iwa akwa", "Ị gba Ofala" "Ịrị ji", "Oru Owerri" "ịgba mmanwu" etc. Calabar and Akwa Ibom have their own masquerade festival, Yorubas have their own masquerade festival and they have what they call it. Our own is "Ikeji" and its our own masquerade carnival! I'm proud of my Culture! People do a lot of show just like the ones the Yorubas do when they set their masquerade on fire etc. If anyone can judge Ur village based on Ur tradition or festivals, then feel free to call that person an idiotic slowpoke!
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by amicable09(f): 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
schumastic:

yeah but the funny part is that 10-20% of the whole list goes to the family and the rest goes to the community and relatives.
the list is also negotiable, if your people can bargain they will cut down the price to the minimum.
Exactly!
It is a show of a family's bargaining power grin grin

80%, more or less like you rightly said, of the things on the list goes to the community. Youths, Mothers and elders. Especially the soap, undies, and those small small things.

I love traditional marriages. I love that the bulk of what happens that door is indoors cheesy. Having families look over things on the list and what is presented, it's just beautiful cheesy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Stingy Elder Brother / As Her Husband, What Will You D If You See This? (picture) / How The West Corrodes Our Morality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.