Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,209 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:18 PM

Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State (82944 Views)

The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List / Mbaise Woman's Husband Was Given N800k Marriage List 10 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 15, 2016
rosalieene:
If your brother can afford it and he really loves her, then he can go ahead, what's the fuss!!
If he can't afford it, he should come to a compromise with the girl's family so some things would be removed.
All this people casting IMO indigenes should go and hug transformer
#proudlyImo
if I should marry a gal like you from IMO...u will constantly be in the other room
and is not as if u IMO guys sabi anything outside how to fvck...I can marry from Enugu my state; Abia; Ebonyi and Anambra but definitely not IMO women seeking for poverty alleviation
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
rosalieene:

Arondizogu!! Been there before, it wasn't developed as of 2011 dunno of now
stop going off topic ....not been developed doesn't mean anything.... is ur archaic mbaitolu like London poor girls seeking for poverty alleviation
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2016
CzarChris:
I seriously get pissed when I see people who are not from a particular region criticizing the culture and norms of other people.
Are the men from the east complaining? All this nonsense should just stop. If you can't marry an Igbo woman because of expensive list. HABA! There are places that marriage to their daughter is almost free. F...ing go there and stop over flogging this issue.

I'm not from Mbaise, but my girl is from there and anything can happen soon. I will be willing to pay double of everything that is on the list, cos she's worth it.
replace all those places u put Igbo with mbaise....Enugu, Anambra and Ebonyi bride prices are good ....we don't sell our daughters...Northern Igbo states rock!!
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Wolfbrother(m): 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
Greedy individuals undecided undecided
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by ComrTonwa: 8:58pm On Nov 15, 2016
priscaoge:
Like seriously? shocked shocked shocked shocked I'm still proud of my village ARONDIZUOGU anytime anyday tongue tongue tongue. Bride price is still 25naira till tomorrow, then the list won't cost u more than 150k(plus and minus) but maybe because of recession, prices of stuff in d market go dare (Ask anyone from Izuogu). Anything u wish to buy for the parents is solely from Ur heart and its not included in d list.

I don't think it's true because one part of Mbaise that we went for traditional marriage, there were issues from their Ụmụnna claiming that d list isn't complete. They made so much trouble and insisted that the man should present everything, d groom nearly abandoned the whole thing. It was God's intervention that d case was settled. The bride was just crying because of the way those wicked elders messed her marriage up.

Mod: So a lot of people mentioned me and were saying some stuff about juju! Lol! Calabar and Akwa Ibom have their own masquerade festival, Yorubas have their own masquerade festival and they have what they call it. Our own is "Ikeji" and its our own masquerade carnival! It's our Culture! It's our Heritage! I'm proud of my Culture! I'm proud of my root! I'm proud to be Adamazi! kiss
my sister Priscaoge..I sight u...from ndianiche uno

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
amicable09:

Oh oh!
I'm sorry, I don't know much about Imo traditional weddings as regards their list but it's not something you can't do. It's doable cheesy

Just make some good money and you'll be fine.

Thanks.
Check your bank account balance. It had been credited with your consultancy fee grin grin
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Ademoore07(m): 9:06pm On Nov 15, 2016
Walahi, i'm divorcing my igbo galfriend 2moro morning. She's from that local govt area.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by CzarChris(m): 9:16pm On Nov 15, 2016
MrRitchie:
You just showed you're a big fool for quoting me. Does my comment soud like am telling you how to spend, where to spend or discouraging you from spending ur last penny for that slot u calling a fiancee, u can spend ur forking money however u wish to spend it its none of my biz, I only quoted u a lover boy without any disrespect. U r notin but a fa**ot for u to have quote me with that sh*t. For ur slot gf, lemme tell u a secret, I fvvcked her from behind the last time we met. So go pay ur last penny for my side chick idiot human being
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You bastarrrrd of a thousand fathers, I still find it difficult to understand the language of murdafukkas that grew up in the sewers like you. Seeing that you are already a faggg, who just came out of the closet you think everyone is as deranged as you are, well I don't get down like that. As for you f......ing my girl, in your deranged dreams dude. Just keep dreaming, but if I have to give hope to your fantasies, yeah you F'd her so what? You were so bad(even in the fantasy world) she had to come back for the magic stick. Grow so balls kid and grow up.

Who da hell are you calling a "lover boy"? I bi your mate?
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by amicable09(f): 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
alexistaiwo:

Thanks.
Check your bank account balance. It had been credited with your consultancy fee grin grin
Lol.

All this for me! grin
Chukwu gozie gi!
You go marry fine wife cheesy
You go born plenty children! cheesy
You go get money yafu yafu!cheesy

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by priscaoge(f): 9:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
ComrTonwa:
my sister Priscaoge..I sight u...from ndianiche uno

Wow that's nice Dear....... Ndịụkwụ
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Fabulousb36(f): 9:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
schumastic:

nice analysis there n how did you come up with all that
My dear I'm from Aboh Mbaise. During my sister's wedding my family esp my dad saw hell. He felt So embarrassed in front of our inlaws just becoz d umunna's couldn't comport themselves. they felt like since my dad is well to do his daughter shud be marrying a very rich man coupled with d fact dat my dad is Not an umunna kindof person even my mother is Not in d umunwanyi. those ppl tire me sha
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by obiyor2000: 9:21pm On Nov 15, 2016
Mine was a bit higher but ended up paying far less, so it depends your bargain with your inlaw
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 15, 2016
amicable09:
Lol.
All this for me! grin Chukwu gozie gi! You go marry fine wife cheesy You go born plenty children! cheesy You go get money yafu yafu!cheesy
Chai!!!!! Abeg d prayer don do before it metamorphosed into curse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by CzarChris(m): 9:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

replace all those places u put Igbo with mbaise....Enugu, Anambra and Ebonyi bride prices are good ....we don't sell our daughters...Northern Igbo states rock!!
Anambra list is kinda okay, but on the death of the lady's parent, you will actually start menstruating with the demands for your in-laws's burial, I don't know much about Enugu, but I definitely know that Afikpo list in Ebonyi ain't that much different from that of Mbaise people.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by amicable09(f): 9:45pm On Nov 15, 2016
alexistaiwo:

Chai!!!!! Abeg d prayer don do before it metamorphosed into curse.
Lolz.

Fear fear! cheesy
Na good prayer be that.
Just make sure you are a prospective good son-in-law every family will want to have.

How about Kehinde?
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
amicable09:

Lolz.

Fear fear! cheesy
Na good prayer be that.
Just make sure you are a prospective good son-in-law every family will want to have.

How about Kehinde?
Kehinde dey with baba God dey enjoy with malee
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by rosalieene(f): 9:59pm On Nov 15, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

if I should marry a gal like you from IMO...u will constantly be in the other room
and is not as if u IMO guys sabi anything outside how to fvck...I can marry from Enugu my state; Abia; Ebonyi and Anambra but definitely not IMO women seeking for poverty alleviation

Enuguboy4nsk:

stop going off topic ....not been developed doesn't mean anything.... is ur archaic mbaitolu like London poor girls seeking for poverty alleviation
Who is this one!! Just fvck off my mentions
attention seeking TROLL
God doesn't recognize the fact that you exist so your idea/mindset doesn't count.
see who is talking about poverty alleviation, I bet you are one of those poor church rats jumping from.one thread to another looking for who will notice them.
Don't worry, you've been noticed.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by amicable09(f): 10:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
alexistaiwo:
. Kehinde dey with baba God dey enjoy with malee
Oh! grin That kind enjoyment wey dey make our belle sweet us here cheesy. It's well.

Which year you plan to marry that your Orlu girlfriend?

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by ladyflair: 10:14pm On Nov 15, 2016
Is that all? If you love your woman, u will even do more just like my hubby did.. .
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 15, 2016
amicable09:
Oh! grin That kind enjoyment wey dey make our belle sweet us here cheesy. It's well.

Which year you plan to marry that your Orlu girlfriend?
Don't know ooooooooooooo. I might find someone better. You never can tell
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by amicable09(f): 10:33pm On Nov 15, 2016
alexistaiwo:

Don't know ooooooooooooo.
I might find someone better. You never can tell
Ah!
Ogbeni I can tell oooo!

What is your plan?
You want to finish my sister and find someone better? Na so you dey do your own?

Brother Taiwo change your ways!
Leave her now or you'll forever stay with her!
Which kind osho free you wan do? Not acceptable ejo tongue
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Dgunnerz(m): 10:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
clans:

I'm here oooo.
Good...Send me your list!
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
amicable09:

Ah!
Ogbeni I can tell oooo!

What is your plan?
You want to finish my sister and find someone better? Na so you dey do your own?

Remember When I called you special adviser to the presidency on bride price and other related matters. I never knew monitoring women affairs is part of your portfolio grin
Not all relationships end in marriage na. Gotta keep your options open
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by schumastic(m): 11:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
Fabulousb36:

My dear I'm from Aboh Mbaise. During my sister's wedding my family esp my dad saw hell. He felt So embarrassed in front of our inlaws just becoz d umunna's couldn't comport themselves. they felt like since my dad is well to do his daughter shud be marrying a very rich man coupled with d fact dat my dad is Not an umunna kindof person even my mother is Not in d umunwanyi. those ppl tire me sha

o I see, but you people are expensive seriously, over here in nekede I don't think we collect so much..
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 15, 2016
Hell no!
There is no way I'll be forced to open a restaurant just because I want to marry some lady from that town.

If her people won't accept a carton of drinks, and traditional attires, they can carry their list and shove it up their anus for all I care.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by MrRitchie: 3:16am On Nov 16, 2016
Talk sense into your mother's head, to tell you who ur real father is, I doubt if that man u r currently calling ur father is truly your biological father because he's too clever to av a senseless child like u, bro ask queation before its too late, They don do IMO jazz for your head, quickly go do ur marriage, I can't wait to start seeing u do the dishes and washing her undies (even if its secretly I'll know), NL can make some rats talk to person anyhow imagine this #loverboy hiding under NL and be talking to me anyhow, if I catch you, enh enh how old r u self, lemme know the kinda person am wasting my time on, u might be my grandson age mate who knows grin grin grin grin
CzarChris:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You bastarrrrd of a thousand fathers, I still find it difficult to understand the language of murdafukkas that grew up in the sewers like you. Seeing that you are already a faggg, who just came out of the closet you think everyone is as deranged as you are, well I don't get down like that. As for you f......ing my girl, in your deranged dreams dude. Just keep dreaming, but if I have to give hope to your fantasies, yeah you F'd her so what? You were so bad(even in the fantasy world) she had to come back for the magic stick. Grow so balls kid and grow up.

Who da hell are you calling a "lover boy"? I bi your mate?
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by MrRitchie: 3:31am On Nov 16, 2016
You better retrieve your sister from him.. Bro Taiwo has joined bad gang, he's now a yoruba demon
amicable09:

Ah!
Ogbeni I can tell oooo!

What is your plan?

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by azaino: 5:05am On Nov 16, 2016
priscaoge:
Like seriously? shocked shocked shocked shocked I'm still proud of my village ARONDIZUOGU anytime anyday tongue tongue tongue. Bride price is still 25naira till tomorrow, then the list won't cost u more than 150k(plus and minus) but maybe because of recession, prices of stuff in d market go dare (Ask anyone from Izuogu). Anything u wish to buy for the parents is solely from Ur heart and its not included in d list.

I don't think it's true because one part of Mbaise that we went for traditional marriage, there were issues from their Ụmụnna claiming that d list isn't complete. They made so much trouble and insisted that the man should present everything, d groom nearly abandoned the whole thing. It was God's intervention that d case was settled. The bride was just crying because of the way those wicked elders messed her marriage up.

Mod: So a lot of people mentioned me and were saying some stuff about juju! Lol! Calabar and Akwa Ibom have their own masquerade festival, Yorubas have their own masquerade festival and they have what they call it. Our own is "Ikeji" and its our own masquerade carnival! It's our Culture! It's our Heritage! I'm proud of my Culture! I'm proud of my root! I'm proud to be Adamazi! kiss
what you said are all true, my father has told me the same thing when I commended *AKOKWA* my home town for the cheaper cost of marriage, he cut in and said Arondizugo is more cheaper. and I learnt how nice and respectful their girls can be. definitely I will be patronizing arondizugo when I see anyone that will captivate me. and as for the juju that one no concern me at allll

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by azaino: 5:13am On Nov 16, 2016
BrutalJab:
Haba! It's not like you must compulsory buy these items o.

You gonna tell them the amount you can afford unless you want to show your self as onye ogor.

They look at your pocket too.

After paying such amount, you will value and take care of your wife. grin
So you believe after I spend all my money to marry such wife I will still spend more on her when will get home ? na lie eee, Value ke,
If she wanna buy anything she should go collect money from her people cos I invested enough bringing her out of her father's house. so she should be collecting from the profit of the investment.
That is why they have so Many unmarried beautiful ladies there
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by azaino: 5:20am On Nov 16, 2016
orsidy:
500k and you are shouting? mine was 6 good pages and I summed it up and I arrived at 1.5M. so go ahead and do it if you love your wife. good luck
orsidy:
500k and you are shouting? mine was 6 good pages and I summed it up and I arrived at 1.5M. so go ahead and do it if you love your wife. good luck
orsidy:

which
kinda stupid love is that, love should be free, lemme ask you, how will you feel if the woman start misbehaving sometime in the marriage, and you know how much it cost you to bring her into your house.
Have you bought something very expensive, like a car, and it Starts developing fault after few months ?
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by azaino: 5:26am On Nov 16, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
Are her parents opening a restaurant and bar joint soon grin? The list sef get front and back grin..

Think recession.. Think smart move..

On a more serious note, won't the newly wed feed and do other stuffs for themselves? Though lists like these are usually for 'outsiders' coming to marry their daughters..

I think it's high time our parents know we ain't for sell undecided..
that is why Igbo guy men marry very late, cos u have to consider your pocket viability before dreaming about marriage.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by azaino: 5:31am On Nov 16, 2016
domnwan:
It is written there doesn't make it non negotiable, if you get ur own children make it free and leave the mbaise people alone.....we are not complaining, marriage to our daughters is not for poverty stricken being so be wise
you ain't being reasonable, just here to protect your town finish grin
domnwan:
It is written there doesn't make it non negotiable, if you get ur own children make it free and leave the mbaise people alone.....we are not complaining, marriage to our daughters is not for poverty stricken being so be wise
you ain't being reasonable, just here to protect your town finish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Stingy Elder Brother / As Her Husband, What Will You D If You See This? (picture) / How The West Corrodes Our Morality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.