Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State (79905 Views)

The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List / Mbaise Woman's Husband Was Given N800k Marriage List 10 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by domnwan(m): 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
It is written there doesn't make it non negotiable, if you get ur own children make it free and leave the mbaise people alone.....we are not complaining, marriage to our daughters is not for poverty stricken being so be wise

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Sleekyshuga(f): 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
Are her parents opening a restaurant and bar joint soon grin? The list sef get front and back grin..

Think recession.. Think smart move..

On a more serious note, won't the newly wed feed and do other stuffs for themselves? Though lists like these are usually for 'outsiders' coming to marry their daughters..

I think it's high time our parents know we ain't for sell undecided..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Lilimax(f): 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
Abeg, this list na die
This means that most of the girls from this town will turn to NNa-ga-anu if drastic steps are not taken to overturn this list! embarassed
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by lonelydora: 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
priscaoge:
angry angry

My baby oku. How far nah?
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by 4dor: 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
Why is nobody talking about the one dozen pant and bra for the wife's mother?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by maxiuc(m): 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
All this happens when you are not from the same state taaaaaaaah they can't try it with us from mbaitoli

See office chai dis people don kill non indigenes

Correct nwafor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by samtee37(m): 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
olac21:
On top say we wan wed,make i kuku buy car dey use am for taxi....
I dey tell u..... And in D long run, if this wife Na leave d husby, will they return part of it... shocked
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Prudybaby(f): 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
Pilate2016:
Guide ke! My sister, this village elders no dey chill ooo. One must pay all.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by stagger: 12:27pm On Nov 15, 2016
If I marry a woman with this kind of list, she will be in the other room 24/7 at my beck and call. cheesy cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Cadamlk: 12:27pm On Nov 15, 2016
grin
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Lilimax(f): 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2016
domnwan:
It is written there doesn't make it non negotiable, if you get ur own children make it free and leave the mbaise people alone.....we are not complaining, marriage to our daughters is not for poverty stricken being so be wise
Oshi nini undecided? *in Owerri dialect*

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by coolshegs10(m): 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2016
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by deolu2000(m): 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2016
Life is all about choice, in as much they didn't force your brother to come and marry their daughter, so why is he complaining? Now that you have opened this tread now, @OP, should we contribute money for you or whats the purpose? If them like mk them ask for #1b items, na person wey do mistake go their go pay am now, have you forgoten that to dine with the devil requires having a long spoon?

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2016
You pay by installment
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2016
and after doing all these the marriage packs up after a year or two

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by 4dor: 12:30pm On Nov 15, 2016
domnwan:

Lool. You don't want to marry your daughters off to poor people, yet your women are demanding one dozen of pant and bra. Abeg na rich people dey make that kain demand?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by chaelmic(m): 12:30pm On Nov 15, 2016
omo d list get xtra sheet
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Xflint(m): 12:30pm On Nov 15, 2016
they even type am. It seems like they have been waiting for u

6 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 15, 2016
N 1 m will settle the list, mbaise are notorious for selling out their daughters to the highest bidder.

And we thought slave trade had ended. grin

12 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 15, 2016
This thread sef
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by fweshyboi(m): 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2016
is that a list or booklet meehn when i hear marriage i pick race ... #Bachelortinz

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by giles14(m): 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
MrRitchie:
I was preparing for work this morning when my elder bro sent this (paper) to me via email.

I once heard if you want to marry a girl from the east you'll have to pay extra $€£¥

Ok, back to the matter, my bro is preparing for his traditional wedding anytime soon.

Below is the list of things they ask him to buy, after I was done with the calculations and all, I got a total of close to #500,000 just to buy things listed in the list.

Mind you the list doesn't include food, drinks, canopies, chairs just to name a few that will be used in the event.

I just said in my mind, Eku tracession wedding.
is his father in law still live

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by maxiuc(m): 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
priscaoge:

> angry

stop pretending and smile
for this recession person dey crush on you yet u are nt happy

Priscaoge oya show me ur 36
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Stanleywaxy(m): 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
You still won't find a nice lady from IMO undecided

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Temitoppe(m): 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2016
Wait! The list even get stage

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by priscaoge(f): 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2016
maxiuc:

stop pretending and smile
for this recession person dey crush on you yet u are nt happy

Priscaoge oya show me ur 36

Ọ sị kwa smile? Biko d sun is too much here, You know Nigeria is close to hell angry cry cry
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2016
lonelydora:
I wonder why people complain about marriage lists. If you really love the girl you want to marry, nothing is too expensive in paying for the list, otherwise leave her alone and look elsewhere.

And to see my crush, prisca.oge, just commented below me.
Nonsense mugu talk.

5 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by hardon1(m): 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2016
i guess ur bro is coming from a very far place, na im make dem give am dat list. Its just a list tho, its normally negotiated by the spokes person during the rites. If the girl's family are understanding, u are good to go if u provide half of the entire items

if worse come to worse, give the girl belle and chill... Soon they will be calling u to bring what u have and collecct ur wife

4 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by bodmas119(m): 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2016
jst bcoz of toto way go still tired me, nonsense.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by lonelydora: 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2016
ProfTea12:

Nonsense mugu talk.

I'm sure you are not married. You can't change tradition bro. Look elsewhere.

Well, I don't argue with any member with less than 4 years membership on Nairaland.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by troy20(m): 12:43pm On Nov 15, 2016
Yea our women don't come cheap

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by aloziedaya(m): 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2016
This shows that a woman in that community is far cheaper than a tokunbo Toyota Camry Orobo.
Omo, your wife to be is too cheap. Go and marry and stop complaining.
That woman is yours for life.
You won't post it here if they give you the price of a used Range Rover sports at Berger. You'll proudly buy it if you've the money.
If a man cannot spend money to marry a woman he loves, I bet he can't take good care of that woman.
In my area in Abia state, it is a thing of pride to fulfill all demands in marrying a woman

BECAUSE WOMEN ARE JEWELS.
#goandmarry
#Stopcomplaining

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / Biskit Presses His Mom's Butt, Shares Video, Nigerians React / "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.