Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,556 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State (80341 Views)

The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List / Mbaise Woman's Husband Was Given N800k Marriage List 10 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by dikegp: 3:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
bro,we don't take all those items u see there,,,anything u have,u pay,d price or the items are not fixed,,,so don't misguide others I beg u,,,that is my town
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by kiddkash(m): 3:43pm On Nov 15, 2016
Piercedclit:
All this things na guide. No be say the quantity must equal what is on the list. E.g if 100 tubers of yam is on the list, you can buy 40 or 50, same with the other things.
E be like say none of una don dey where dem dey pay woman bride price. E be like inside market.
in other words you are saying women are materials you buy in the market place that's why I always ask what is the difference between bride price and selling your daughter. take traditions out if, it its trade by batter, exchanging one good for another
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by kiddkash(m): 3:49pm On Nov 15, 2016
see how dem dey price girl like stockfish for market

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Kanyekels(m): 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
priscaoge:
Like seriously? shocked shocked shocked shocked I'm still proud of my village ARONDIZUOGU anytime anyday tongue tongue tongue. Bride price is still 25naira till tomorrow, then the list won't cost u more than 150k(plus and minus) but maybe because of recession, prices of stuff in d market go dare (Ask anyone from Izuogu). Anything u wish to buy for the parents is solely from Ur heart and its not included in d list.

I don't think it's true because one part of Mbaise that we went for traditional marriage, there were issues from their Ụmụnna claiming that d list isn't complete. They made so much trouble and insisted that the man should present everything, d groom nearly abandoned the whole thing. It was God's intervention that d case was settled. The bride was just crying because of the way those wicked elders messed her marriage up.

Mod: So a lot of people mentioned me and were saying some stuff about juju! Lol! Calabar and Akwa Ibom have their own masquerade festival, Yorubas have their own masquerade festival and they have what they call it. Our own is "Ikeji" and its our own masquerade carnival! It's our Culture! It's our Heritage! I'm proud of my Culture! I'm proud of my root! I'm proud to be Adamazi! kiss

Glad you can defend your culture. It's our heritage. I'm from a neighboring town sha ( Obo***kwu)

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by mekonglobal(m): 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2016
priscaoge:

Ndiukwu smiley
wow i have lived in Ndiejezie community. Good to relate with someone from that part.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2016
amicable09:

Hahahaha.
I've crossed paths with this moniker somewhere cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Taiwo, hope you're moving down to IMO state to pick up your own list? When you do that, call me. I will haggle the prices and quantity of everything on the list for you grin

You must get your Imo bride this year grin

You won't believe me if I tell you that the only reason I took special interest in this thread is the fact that my girlfriend is from Awo/orlu part of imo state.
Make I know what I am getting into b4 I hear igbati igbati grin grin grin
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by CzarChris(m): 4:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
MrRitchie:
Clap for yourself lover boy
It amazes me when I see imbeciles like you try to display sarcasm on stuff you simply can't understand. How da Fork is it your business when or how I decide to spend my money?
How is it my fault that you keep meeting sluts and girls that are not worth a kobo?
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by amicable09(f): 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2016
alexistaiwo:

You won't believe me if I tell you that the only reason I took special interest in this thread is the fact that my girlfriend is from Awo/orlu part of imo state.
Make I know what I am getting into b4 I hear igbati igbati grin grin grin
Hahahaha. I got you! grin
Nice choice of village to pick a wife from.

Kudos!
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by amicable09(f): 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2016
schumastic:

thanks i will, and most imo ladies are n one thing i like the most is that they are industrious wink
Mmmh...
Anambra babes hustle more than Imo ladies based on my observation
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by justmenoni: 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2016
Lol...dem wan recover their investment in multiple....no wonder some people talk am say igbo parents dem dey always pray for female Girls...awon atenu...na una pikin go take body suffer am sha.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by schumastic(m): 4:44pm On Nov 15, 2016
amicable09:

Mmmh...
Anambra babes hustle more than Imo ladies based on my observation

tar, i doubt that cus there men do most of the work grin grin i finished from there so i know
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2016
Igbo Kwenu!!!!!

I'm from Mbaise and not Abo I have noticed people just bring things here to make fun of other cultures

but tradition is tradition

it's not by force....some of most valuable things in life like a wife wont come cheap

and if it does you won't value it

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by amicable09(f): 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
schumastic:

tar, i doubt that cus there men do most of the work grin grin i finished from there so i know
Lol.
Alright sha but I have friends from both places and I know how they roll.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by schumastic(m): 5:01pm On Nov 15, 2016
amicable09:

Lol.
Alright sha but I have friends from both places and I know how they roll.

lol, n which one are you then grin grin
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by amicable09(f): 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
schumastic:

lol, n which one are you then grin grin
Lol. I am for every place, I belong to no place in particular cheesy
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by dannilegout(m): 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2016
MrRitchie:
Lol, when I first saw that I laughed out loud, almost started rolling on the floor, the gods needs cigarette and lighter #OMOWOBE gods

owowobe gods.......hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Toks2008(m): 5:37pm On Nov 15, 2016
KissChrix:
Just for one woman....
Worse still the one that have been cassavad by numerous men.
But if there is money I guess nothing is too much for a woman you truly desire.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by MrRitchie: 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2016
You just showed you're a big fool for quoting me. Does my comment soud like am telling you how to spend, where to spend or discouraging you from spending ur last penny for that slot u calling a fiancee, u can spend ur forking money however u wish to spend it its none of my biz, I only quoted u a lover boy without any disrespect. U r notin but a fa**ot for u to have quote me with that sh*t. For ur slot gf, lemme tell u a secret, I fvvcked her from behind the last time we met. So go pay ur last penny for my side chick idiot human being
CzarChris:
It amazes me when I see imbeciles like you try to display sarcasm on stuff you simply can't understand. How da Fork is it your business when or how I decide to spend my money?
How is it my fault that you keep meeting sluts and girls that are not worth a kobo?
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2016
amicable09:

Hahahaha. I got you! grin
Nice choice of village to pick a wife from.

Kudos!

Sister Biko help a brother out.
How is their wedding traditions for that Awo/orlu side. Is it the same as mbaise own?
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by MrRitchie: 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2016
You don't take all, I can't agree less but its written there so what are you saying? Did I write those things and printed it out myself. Oga look left and park there, some mumu (not you) just got me angry with some sh*t comments
dikegp:
bro,we don't take all those items u see there,,,anything u have,u pay,d price or the items are not fixed,,,so don't misguide others I beg u,,,that is my town
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by emmydollars4life(m): 5:47pm On Nov 15, 2016
talktonase:
Just tell me you want to open provision shop/restaurant/beer parlour...
that cigarette burst my brain, next one is weed with time that one go enter list, jobless men
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by mKc9ET(m): 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2016
I thought the mother of the girl is an ex-beauty queen to have all those items,

But I didn't see cucumber in her list
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by mathoza(m): 6:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
Piercedclit:
All this things na guide. No be say the quantity must equal what is on the list. E.g if 100 tubers of yam is on the list, you can buy 40 or 50, same with the other things.
E be like say none of una don dey where dem dey pay woman bride price. E be like inside market.
u must b an Mbise Girl
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
mathoza:
[color=#770077][/color]u must b an Mbise Girl

What shows? I'm not undecided
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Verami(f): 7:15pm On Nov 15, 2016
Piercedclit had said it al. Some ppl can do more than what they have in the list while some do below,it all about your ability and capability. In all just make reasonable attempt and the woman is yours.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 15, 2016
Verami:
Piercedclit had said it al. Some ppl can do more than what they have in the list while some do below,it all about your ability and capability. In all just make reasonable attempt and the woman is yours.
Gbamm! I never see where a man goes to marry a woman, the woman agree for the marriage but it did not work out during the bride price payment because of not bringing completely what is on the list.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by DCMIX(m): 7:39pm On Nov 15, 2016
Kilode?
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Karenelle: 7:45pm On Nov 15, 2016
Dis list is soooo ridiculous. I can't even take it seriously. Which one is one dozen bra and one dozen pant? Laughing my head off!
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by schumastic(m): 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. I am for every place, I belong to no place in particular cheesy

i hear you

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by automatix: 8:13pm On Nov 15, 2016
@OneManLegion grin grin grin grin
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by chiscodedon(m): 8:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
FakoMaybach1:
Later if i fire Mbaise dem go say Biafra this Biafra that, if i quote the snake and mbaise man story them go abuse me...why i no go dislike this people.

i wonder the kind of Love this people are encouraging by trying to Bankrupt young men, at first it used to confuse me on how they havent gone extinct, but i heard from sources that when Mbaise is marrying Mbaise it is usually cheaper, but if u are an outsider they will bare their fangs.

They give the cock and bull excuse that this list make a man love his wife more i say "Bollocks" Mbaise also have divorce just as any other tribe or race,

They say their daughters are not for paupers i say "Balderdash" there are broke couples from that region, paying an outrageous price for marital items is not an automatic ticket to wealth.

I have a friend that is in love with an Mbaise babe; but issues like this dey make the poor guy think twice....Traditions can be fine tuned as tribal marks is being looked at please let them look at this aberration.

That list i saw there is even moderate, i heard some will ask u to buy generator (mikano) and Tecno phones too

you don't need to love them, and no damn person be it living and non living cares about you, if you even exist,mbaise don't know, also I bet you, your entire state ain't prosperous and educated as mbaise. so to hell with you...u get that? if they are dangerous as snake that suits them right. mbaise gurls ain't begging broke ass nigger like you for marriage, after all I have seen somewhere here they marry @ #25, so make your choice, and if You must know, thousands of weddings holds every Saturdays in mbaise. valuables are expensive.... our daughters are our jewels ...so you even marry your sister, no one cares...we need u not

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by amicable09(f): 8:22pm On Nov 15, 2016
alexistaiwo:

Sister Biko help a brother out.
How is their wedding traditions for that Awo/orlu side. Is it the same as mbaise own?
Oh oh!
I'm sorry, I don't know much about Imo traditional weddings as regards their list but it's not something you can't do. It's doable cheesy

Just make some good money and you'll be fine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

First Families Of The World.(pics) / "I Was Shocked When I Got To My Husband's House The First Time" - Lady Reveals / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.