Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) (58048 Views)

Suspected Thief Burnt To Death In Ogoja, Cross River (Graphic Photos) / Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) / Man falsely accused of being a thief burnt to death in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Almand: 10:36am On Nov 15, 2016
yjgm:
I say 'No' to this. When do we stop this barbaric act called 'jungle justice'?. We should stop this nonsense for crying out loud. One is innocent until proven guilty.
If you had being rob off you hard earn procession, you will enjoy seeing arm robbers treated this way
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Shittuakeem(m): 10:38am On Nov 15, 2016
For those who are saying this is barbaric, I guess u don't know where these guys operates, They operate at Alafia bus stop, Orile Iganmu and Doyin if you cross the bridge from 8pm u are in danger I was a victim of those bastard they collected my phone and wallet, they even try to kill me if I don't cooperate with them. Times without number u will see corpse of their victims laying down in his pool of blood. I don't pity him at all nemesis at work.

2 Likes

Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by illuminaty(m): 10:38am On Nov 15, 2016
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

Keep deceiving yourself. All have sinned. Just because yours wasnt made public doesnt make u holier than thou. You coming out to say none of your family members has ever stolen a thing is just plain ridiculous and definitely untrue!
....no member of my family is an armed robber.....i repeat,NONE...if u have any in ur family,with dis pic u have seen,u shud start cautioning dem.....the world will be a better place without armed robbers....sorry if I sound so confident about my family both nuclear and extended.u jos cannot fault us in dt regard...we abide by our "code of conduct" and number 1 is"tho shall not steal"

1 Like

Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Originalsly: 10:43am On Nov 15, 2016
ImperialYoruba:
In US u try to kill somebody make sure you dont miss because the law allows for self defense against threat.

This guy was a threat, he made attempt, with malicious intent and calculation, to take life. This was no jungle justice, this was self defense in action. The law allows for self defense anywhere in the world.
Anywhere in the world to bound and burn someone to death the charge would be murder and in no way self defense would be accepted.
@ topic ... yes ..this is bad... but this is what happens in a lawless society... people take the laws into their hands. Would this stop theft?...no... but a whole lot of youths would now think twice about becoming a robber...no longer if I get caught I can bribe my way out. . it's of I get caught I be toast..times are real tough... people aren't smiling....I'm sure some who did the beating and burning were robbed before and as the saying goes.... Peter pays for Paul and Paul pays for all.
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by acevic: 10:44am On Nov 15, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Oladipupo Raphael Fare grin grin grin I "Gbadu" your Facebook comments grin

Jungle Justice cry cry

That guy can gbagaun for Africa and
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by adefizzy(m): 10:44am On Nov 15, 2016
This is an heartless act, the real armed robbers are in Abuja looting your money and you will still be praising them.

1 Like

Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 15, 2016
bonechamberlain:
What kind of barbaric madness is this, in a civilized top city like lagos angry smh

Lagos don pass this one na.

1 Like

Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by DeepSight(m): 10:48am On Nov 15, 2016
Phi001:

Alhaji Jesus?

Just refer to him as Jesus!

Lewd!!

Why is it "lewd" to refer to him as Alhaji Jesus.
You did not even say "inappropriate" - you said "lewd".

Pray tell, why sire?
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by apockollyno(m): 10:50am On Nov 15, 2016
*this definitely too much. This is worse than stealing. Those who did this to a human are worse than the thief himself. Stealing Vs cannibalism... Cannibals should be hung on d cross:upside down*
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by vickylincon(m): 10:51am On Nov 15, 2016
iSlayer2:
Jungle justice is bad under a sane clime but Nigeria is not a sane clime. I'm not defending this but I've been in areas where this petty robbers terrorize people. This people are arrested but are never charged to court because the police wants the "bail" they can get on their heads so gradually the people get fed up and resort to meting out jungle justice on this criminals. Just goes to show you the useless nation we find ourselves in.

P.S- Meanwhile,most of the "commenters" on that fb page cannot construct a simple english sentence...me I'm just looking at their names.
even when they are charged to court, the judges will set them free... This country don tire me bros
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by SoliBayNG: 10:51am On Nov 15, 2016
Dare's English is out of this world. He should have just posted in Pidgin or Yoruba
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by maasoap(m): 10:52am On Nov 15, 2016
bonechamberlain:
What kind of barbaric madness is this, in a civilized top city like lagos angry smh
Lagos might have qualified as top city but nothing civilised about it and its rampant jungle justice. From common man to police to soldiers to lasman or any set of them, they are all barbarians!

1 Like

Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by DeepSight(m): 10:53am On Nov 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

1. Isn't that God being interested in human affairs ?

God is interested in, and indeed is part of all affairs, and not just human affairs.

However the manner or mode of God's "interest" or participation if you like, in the activity of its emanations is what one should dwell upon.
Please do not mistake me for a strict Deist - for although I spoke as such for years on this forum I have evolved.

And although I am not Christian in the sense that you wish, I must point out to you as someone has already noted that there are Christian Deists.

2. What do you mean by "sent" ? Do you mean these humans sent by God have pre-ingrained knowledge of God in them and are predestined to teach and reveal this knowledge to human beings ?

I would say yes.
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by DeepSight(m): 10:54am On Nov 15, 2016
4kings:

I'm not sure of the ideology behind his statement.
But there are also Christian deist, who believe in Jesus values but not his supremacy.

Thank you very much, I am in complete alignment.
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Lordspicy(m): 10:54am On Nov 15, 2016
only in Africa ....smh
say no to jungle justice for petty crimes
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by apockollyno(m): 10:56am On Nov 15, 2016
ImperialYoruba:
In US u try to kill somebody make sure you dont miss because the law allows for self defense against threat.

This guy was a threat, he made attempt, with malicious intent and calculation, to take life. This was no jungle justice, this was self defense in action. The law allows for self defense anywhere in the world.
self defence U dispossessed the thief of the gun already, u beaten him to a pulp already u tied him with ropes already, u taken off his pants already, I think u re defended already, then u still kill him, wear him petrol and light a match over his still breathing but unconsious body. That's not self defence, that's an attack. A gruesome one.

5 Likes

Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 15, 2016
Almand:

If you had being rob off you hard earn procession, you will enjoy seeing arm robbers treated this way

Why haven't you done anything about your leaders robbing you of all your hard earn monies?
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by maasoap(m): 11:05am On Nov 15, 2016
ImperialYoruba:

Oga, go and sit down for one corner. What I saw upthere was not anyway related to self defence. That's a pure murder.
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by DeLioncourt: 11:05am On Nov 15, 2016
dingbang:
Vengeance is for the Lord only!

so they should let him kill and rob whoever he wants abi?
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by delishpot: 11:06am On Nov 15, 2016
And we complain about how the white man treats us bad? As if we treat each other any better. Our land has so much blood spilled on it that I do not know how long it would take to wash it off. If Satan exists, then he is happy with the way Nigeria is going.
See blood flowing in the street. Damn, I fear people.
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by DonBenny77(m): 11:13am On Nov 15, 2016
RIP to English
"are mine the one that killed him"
na wah oh! Dare
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by ebby9z(m): 11:15am On Nov 15, 2016
If you can brazenly beat a person up like this, pour gasoline and burn a fellow human being, then you are a hardened mean human yourself.
Justify it all you can, jungle justice is barbaric and primitive suffice it to say these same people eulogize and worship corrupt politicians who causes more cataclysmic damage to their lives
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by OlufemiWhit(m): 11:17am On Nov 15, 2016
Dah guy wey dhy narrate d matter 4 facebook just dhy gbagaun anyhow........Back To The Matter.....this act was so inhumane
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 15, 2016
blackpanda:

Ok may God give you a practical example to help you understand
...jungle justice is bad, stealing is bad, killing is bad... don't try to label any of them better than the others...I hope you comprehend ?
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by oluwaahmed: 11:21am On Nov 15, 2016
Blue3k:
Savage mongrels in barbaric Nigeria. If you could tie him up and detain him, why not call police and have him arrested?

Why are these type of cowards tough on petty criminals. Then you let the politicans walk around like gods with out so much as a bad stare. I hate this type of mob justice. Life should only be taken is to defend your own.

Acts like this prove the citezens are stupid and cowardly.

My broda, dats d life of Afonjas 4 u after weed

1 Like

Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by chimoskyg(m): 11:21am On Nov 15, 2016
abduljabbar4:
This is becoming a common thing in the so-called civilised south and no one is taking any action about it. Had this happened in the north some fools would have started calling us names

You guys own is obvious you kill innocent humans.

A preacher and a thief trying to kill others who deserve death
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by EMXTAN1(m): 11:24am On Nov 15, 2016
i hate the guts of these thieves but common! thats a human being whose live was given by God, we cry for our loved ones who dies, yet some miscreants have turned into murderers also! for what? mere phone! even if he stole Nigeria, jungle justice is uncivil! compared to our politicians who steal mouth itching figures, a display of it are praised, adored and worshiped, i feel sorry for us! we truely have a long way to go, i feel very sad seeing this!!! why kill a man, why kill a man?
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 11:33am On Nov 15, 2016
ImperialYoruba:

Oga you need to learn more about self defense. They overpowered a person, beat him up to a pulp, stripped him naked and burnt him to death and you call it self defense? They took the law into their hands and it is a crime in America.

1 Like

Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by adedehinbo(m): 11:35am On Nov 15, 2016
Progressive01:
That Dare dude must be the one who suggested the man be burnt and probably lit the match himself.

Beasts living amongst us in human skin.

So sad.
see ehn guy ehn as much as I don't like this kind of punishment, I don't blame those who purnish them in this manner if u know what this guys had done to me nd mu friend ehn u will pity us my friend life was robbed of him when he just finished schooling, so much more to talk about,let's just cut it short
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 15, 2016
yjgm:
I say 'No' to this. When do we stop this barbaric act called 'jungle justice'?. We should stop this nonsense for crying out loud. One is innocent until proven guilty.
..i nw hw painful it is to lose ur fone to thiefs(my s5) but pple should stop stealin pple stuff ..jungle justice aint ending soon nigas get used to it..if u steal and ur caught ..u die
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 15, 2016
I'm heartless I know but eleyi gidi gaan! Na person born this dude. person carry am for 9mths. Dem do naming for am. Everybody would love to carry him when he was little. Na im dem burn like this. May Amadioha And Sango do tag team together conjure better thunder wey go fire these fools wey kill......allow to kill..look during killing....the poor guy. Thief or no allow justice o. he could still be useful.
Re: Phone Thief Burnt To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 15, 2016
cummando:
I'm heartless I know but eleyi gidi gaan! Na person born this dude. person carry am for 9mths. Dem do naming for am. Everybody would love to carry him when he was little. Na im dem burn like this. May Amadioha And Sango do tag team together conjure better thunder wey go fire these fools wey kill......allow to kill..look during killing....the poor guy. Thief or no allow justice o. he could still be useful.
if he kil some1 close to u..will it be a sin to burn him stil?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Driver Caught With A Dead Body Stuffed Inside A Bag In His Car In Imo (video) / 'Disappearance’ Of Michael Adikwu And Kayode Opadokun: Offa Bank Robbers / Man With Body Tattoos Arrested In Ogun, Before Being Gunned Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.