Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) (98921 Views)

Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction / Man Rides Bike On The Pavement Of Jubilee Flyover In Ajah, Lagos / Murtala Muhammed Way Flyover In Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by deolu2000(m): 11:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
How come the some words were not spelt completely, does the ghanian accent also hv a special way of writting their words? Back to the topic, nice edifice frm the description but nt by lightings and designs, i wil love to see the flyover and the interchanges on it not the rainbow colours am seeing.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Chimdiebere(m): 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
looks like pinball machine from top

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by elopee3000(m): 11:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
Young03:
mehn am off to ghana
because of fly over?if hunger wire u there u go know say banku na ajebo food grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by emeka1101: 11:27pm On Nov 15, 2016
U guys are funny seriously.
If nutn dey Gh den abeg wat r u stil doin der?
ibasky2619:

How wise are you. People like dont know what your country worth. Come to ghana ntin dy ghana bro. Nja na dem elder brother
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 11:31pm On Nov 15, 2016
The only thong nigeria is good at is reproduction....little wonder we re the most populated black nation

C how ghana is making waves...we dey ther dey battle recession

We really need to get our sh1t together

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by wine4dguy: 11:33pm On Nov 15, 2016
emeka1101:
U guys are funny seriously.
If nutn dey Gh den abeg wat r u stil doin der?
The guy was right...you can hardly survive in Ghana as compared to 9ja. I have had the experience.
And moreover this is somewhat politically motivated cos Mahama is looking for a second tenure
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by ameezy(m): 11:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
zico530:
Nija is a learner where Ghana is.
Just pass the weed bro cheesy
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 15, 2016
Make una show me daylight pics nah...dem lights too much for ma eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by onatisi(m): 11:37pm On Nov 15, 2016
Mahama paper all the way.
Ndc on top
E dey beeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by onatisi(m): 11:38pm On Nov 15, 2016
deolu2000:
How come the some words were not spelt completely, does the ghanian accent also hv a special way of writting their words? Back to the topic, nice edifice frm the description but nt by lightings and designs, i wil love to see the flyover and the interchanges on it not the rainbow colours am seeing.
There is nothing fantastic about the flyover. That is the truth
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Phi001(m): 11:42pm On Nov 15, 2016
Ovokoo:

Do i even know the difference? Do you care to elucidate?
Third mainland bridge remains the longest bridge in West Africa and the 2nd longest in Africa.

You see that bridgy thingy that connects Ikeja Along to Obafemi Awolowo Way, that's a flyover.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by udatso: 11:48pm On Nov 15, 2016
OnyeIbo:
i doubt thats Ghana undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
i was there ooo. its ghana. i waited at the ring road until mahama came. it was quite a beautiful experience. Believe it, its real.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Mbilla(m): 11:49pm On Nov 15, 2016
elopee3000:
because of fly over?if hunger wire u there u go know say banku ajebo food grin
Bros don't mind them. The day some of them will travel to ghana that is the day they will cherish Nigeria. As am typing these am the Kwame nkurumah circle, the flyover precisely looking at the flyover Nigerians at home are making noise about. SMH. Anyway ignorance is a disease.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by udatso: 11:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
uviesa:
Lies. Circle wey I dey go everyday . dis kin tin no dey Ghana.
keep quiet if you have nothing good to say. when was the last time you were in circle?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by 3609ja: 11:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
Ghana risingl.Accra airport has e-gates with a beautiful new cargo building and a new terminal under constructionWhy won't they beat Nigeria as the West African hub..Daytime pics of interchange not as flattering as the night pics but still impressive.Ghana has bulit 3 new airports in 3 yrs.That's a President who is working.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Henryadaku(m): 11:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
fkdmods:
All those Ghana haters just don't know. All you need do is live there for a while and you understand that compared to Nigeria, Ghana is heaven. Such a lovely country. In Nigeria, you need to grow eyes at the back of your head. In Ghana, the one's you were born with are enough.

See wetin go annoy me now.....Ghana heaven... I think Una dey see now if I start now....dem go ban me.....wait first where u dey stay sef for the Ga
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by 3609ja: 12:07am On Nov 16, 2016
Ghana has made significant infastructural changes in the last 3 yrs.The pace of development is quite impressive.

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by koladebrainiac(m): 12:08am On Nov 16, 2016
How much
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by DisGuy: 12:10am On Nov 16, 2016
shhladyj:

actually nigeria has d longest bridge nd not flyover which is in lagos.

The flyover in Kano, Nigeria was the previous record holder. No where as 'clean' as this one btw
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by fkdmods: 12:18am On Nov 16, 2016
Henryadaku:

See wetin go annoy me now.....Ghana heaven... I think Una dey see now if I start now....dem go ban me.....wait first where u dey stay sef for the Ga

Read what i wrote and comprehend. I said "compared to Nigeria". What am i saying? Even Kenya is better than Nigeria. And i don't live there anymore. I do have a house there though. That's how conducive it is.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Joonana: 12:19am On Nov 16, 2016
onatisi:

There is nothing fantastic about the flyover. That is the truth

even if it's not that fantastic, the project should serve its primary purpose of easing congestion in that part of the city. moreover, included in this project is a police post, fire station, transport terminal, fountain, library and restaurant. Compared to what the place looked like before, this is a major improvement in infrastructure. Ghana is not yet a developed country, but is arguably the most civilised in West Africa and one of the most progressive countries on the continent.

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Mbilla(m): 12:20am On Nov 16, 2016
Travel some Nigerians will not travel rather they will sit in their comfort zone and be talking trash about their country. I have travelled to 15 countries in West Africa, there is no country in West Africa you can compared to Nigeria in types of anything except Ivory Coast which French called "petty paris". Other West Africas except mumu nigerians knows Ghanaians as noisy small minded people. For Christ sake Accra is the capital of Ghana and Accra have been ghana capital since independence till date. Abidjan is formal Ivory coast capital but ivory coast government left Abidjan and move the capital to Yamasoco which is the current capital of Ivory coast. Nigeria did the same Lagos to Abuja.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by fkdmods: 12:20am On Nov 16, 2016
Fury007:

Oh plssssss!! Provision of a needed infrastructure in the capital city has made Gh heaven.. my dear child what have you been smoking??!

Mahama is trying, but Ghana is no heaven.. some of us are widely traveled and connected to those parts very well, so plsss stop dat thrash. Gh has bcom so expensive that Ghanaians that have the means now buy many goods frm naija even in ds period inflation is prevalent..
It definitely is no honkey dorey in Gh!

Braggarts are usually small minded people.

Really? I have worked and lived in Ghana not to talk of numerous other countries. Ghana is a zillion times safer and well structured compared to Nigeria. Guess where i built my home? And i don't even live there. That's how comfortable it is to normal people. And your defence of the cesspit called Nigeria is based on your being used to poor quality. Period.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by 3609ja: 12:21am On Nov 16, 2016
Check out latest pics from Accra,Ghana

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by 2n2k(m): 12:21am On Nov 16, 2016
shhladyj:

actually nigeria has d longest bridge nd not flyover which is in lagos.

The silver jubilee-kofar nassarawa-Ibrahim Taiwo roads flyover in Kano was reported to be the longest in west Africa until this news report. It is 1.76km long. The second one still under construction on murtala Mohammed road also in kano is 1.9km long.

The length of the one in Accra is not given but definitely wider (6 lanes) than that of Kano. The President called it the highest, but is it higher than Ijora-Apapa flyover?

The daylight pictures of Accra and kano flyovers below

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by fkdmods: 12:22am On Nov 16, 2016
Ugosample:

But Ghana expensive o
I see pepper no be small...

Depends on what you mean by "expensive". You pay for what you get. Germany for instance is unbelievably expensive but you wouldn't feel it because everything works.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by nijascammers: 12:24am On Nov 16, 2016
Nigerians are jealous of this feat, but when Nigerian politicians steal your money and give you crumbs, you hailed them.
Imagine all the money Saraki alone stole, is more than enough to build that gada

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by OreMI22: 12:27am On Nov 16, 2016
Ghana is achieving great heights, meanwhile the dulllard is busy dividing nigerians into 5% and 97% and launching useless military actions everywhere.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by johnjay4u2u(m): 12:33am On Nov 16, 2016
i was there. doesn't look same during the day. looks strong and is high thou.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by 360command: 12:34am On Nov 16, 2016
Ugosample:

Where and where have you been to in Ghana?

Abeg leave matter...

Let us compare the airport's first, the order in their airport etc, and the fact that it is the regional hub in West Africa as we speak now...

I have been to four Ghanaian cities and the inter state roads you will not even see a single pot hole in it, for hundreds of kilometres; But in Nigeria, Lagos to Ibadan sef you go see pot hole well well....

We may be richer than them, but they have better infrastructure than we do, light, water (depending
you might be talking some key things but keep in mind that what the girl said is true.. I studied in Ghana and I can categorically say that even when I was in school, lecturers do comment some good infrastructural project in Nigeria.. Even Ghanaian traders doing business in Nigeria says the same.. I have come to realise that what is in our home, we don't like but instead we like something of outside..

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Rossikki: 12:36am On Nov 16, 2016
Here is the picture of the thing is daylight.

I honestly don't see what people are going crazy over this thing for. We have stuff like this all over Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Trip From Lagos To Ethiopia, Kenya And Mauritius Island / Onitsha Niger Bridge In 1967 And 2019 (Photos) / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.