Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) (98912 Views)

Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction / Man Rides Bike On The Pavement Of Jubilee Flyover In Ajah, Lagos / Murtala Muhammed Way Flyover In Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by leTrizzle: 12:40am On Nov 16, 2016
Trumpet.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Mbilla(m): 12:54am On Nov 16, 2016
2n2k:

The silver jubilee-kofar nassarawa-Ibrahim Taiwo roads flyover in Kano was reported to be the longest in west Africa until this news report. It is 1.76km long. The second one still under construction on murtala Mohammed road also in kano is 1.9km long.

The length of the one in Accra is not given but definitely wider (6 lanes) than that of Kano. The President called it the highest, but is it higher than Ijora-Apapa flyover?

The clearer picture of Accra bridge below
Ghana government will not tell the length of Accra flyover because they know that is not the biggest in west Africa. Even Darkar flyover ( Senegal) is longer than Accra flyover. Ghana president John Rahamani Mahama is a well know bragger. Even when him build a tiny classroom, he will tell Ghanaians that the classroom is biggest in West Africa. I stop taking Ghana president serious when he told Ghanaians that Northern Region capital "Tamale" is the fastest growing city in West Africa. Tamale that you can't even see ordinary 2 storey building. Tamale that don't have any industry or big market. Yet Ghana president told Ghanaians that tamale is the fastest growing city in West Africa. Google " Tamale" and see a village Ghana president said is the fastest growing city in West Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by vickuzzy(m): 1:02am On Nov 16, 2016
emeka1101:

http://thecitizensghana.com/2016/11/15/circle-interchange-ghana-opens-west-africas-longest-and-highest-flyover-in-accra/
hian.... ahbeg this ain't the same circle fly over I pass almost everyday on my way to school is gone be fine but they are not done to this standard
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by phl3moGh(m): 1:19am On Nov 16, 2016
[quote author=devigblegble post=51066089]That's Dubai [/quote

you are right... and thats wat they call the place now....even public transports conductors now call the plce dubai....

im a ghanaian anyway [quote author=devigblegble post=51066089]That's Dubai [/quote

you are right... and thats wat they call the place now....even public transports conductors now call the plce dubai....

im a ghanaian anyway
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by 360command: 1:23am On Nov 16, 2016
3609ja:
Ghana risingl.Accra airport has e-gates with a beautiful new cargo building and a new terminal under constructionWhy won't they beat Nigeria as the West African hub..Daytime pics of interchange not as flattering as the night pics but still impressive.Ghana has bulit 3 new airports in 3 yrs.That's a President who is working.
guy kotoka no get anything.. That small airport..nonsense. As it stands, there is only 1 international airport in ghana. The govt has failed in that aspect..
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by phl3moGh(m): 1:25am On Nov 16, 2016
Jarchi:
Nice one,but them don use photoshop kill am. Meh you go fear bashing from nairalander. When your dad earning 25k in a month is happy to borrow 250 million from napo or dem yeye bank for investment not business,naso buhari case be,yes beta thing would come in but at whose expense.

why the hate.... wat is ur definition of photoshop??

you think you can fool pple just like that with such great project....i was there wen it was commissioned yest'day..all the pics u see were taken by drones....abeg shut up, dnt say wat u dnt knw..

im a ghanaian anyway
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Mbilla(m): 1:27am On Nov 16, 2016
[quote author=phl3moGh post=51069496][/quote] Typical Ghanaian with small sense. Ordinary flyover u see in ur country. You have start comparing it
to Dubai . Joke of the century.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by afeezzezo: 1:53am On Nov 16, 2016
johndwayy:
Make dem post the pictures for daytime make we see.. Nor be all this lights and colours.

I will post it for you,going there tomorrow or so
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by 3609ja: 1:56am On Nov 16, 2016
360command:
guy kotoka no get anything.. That small airport..nonsense. As it stands, there is only 1 international airport in ghana. The govt has failed in that aspect..
My guy when was the last time you went through Accra airport.Didn't you read Dele Mamodu comments on Accra airport.Haven't you read about Kumasi,Tamale ,Wa and Ho airports.The new terminal 3 at Accra airport will definately put Ghana on the map.
Arrival gates at Accra airport.Need i say more?

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Irepib(m): 1:57am On Nov 16, 2016
Nice one ghana
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by DonJupo(m): 2:18am On Nov 16, 2016
emeka1101:

http://thecitizensghana.com/2016/11/15/circle-interchange-ghana-opens-west-africas-longest-and-highest-flyover-in-accra/

I'm not interested in Night view pix.
All Na Night-light beautification effect.
Even "ugly person" dey fine well well for night.
Just so you know, an aerial night view of Oshodi looks nice as well.
Post daytime pix of the flyover then we decide whether e make sense or not.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by CosmicJames(m): 2:26am On Nov 16, 2016
Wow, this is beautiful! I feel like going to Ghana for the first time!!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:30am On Nov 16, 2016
na waoooo..and 4 juz 74million euros??i feel is a joke..even our polithiefcians will agree with me and they will be very very angry right now..because this should have caused another FLYOVER GATE WORTH TRILLIONS.. grin
chiwetaluAGU:
While buhari and his boys are still scheming to claim MMM as benefit of his travel to Russia where he met the Mavrodis and struck the deal grin cheesy

Umu Zombie egbugo mmadu no obodoa angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by solomorinho(m): 2:34am On Nov 16, 2016
undecidedIf I hear
Ok na for Gala ?
D picture try sha
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by cubestudio(m): 2:35am On Nov 16, 2016
eledalo:
Fashola is waiting to install tollgate

There are toll gates all over the world...make google your friend
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by 3609ja: 2:39am On Nov 16, 2016
3609ja:

My guy when was the last time you went through Accra airport.Didn't you read Dele Mamodu comments on Accra airport.Haven't you read about Kumasi,Tamale ,Wa and Ho airports.The new terminal 3 at Accra airport will definately put Ghana on the map.
Arrival gates at Accra airport.Need i say more?

Wa Airport ready for operations

President John Dramani Mahama is set to inaugurate the Wa Airport in the Upper West Region for the start of commercial operation by end of this month, B&FT sources have revealed.

The airport has undergone extensive renovation including the construction of a suitable terminal building, construction of a new runway, and fencing of the facility to make it suitable and safe for commercial operations.

The Wa airstrip, which was decades ago used for domestic services, had remained unsuitable for domestic flights over a long period now.

Domestic airline operators cited the poor runway, lack of an adequate terminal building and other ancillary facilities for their inability to operate flights from Accra to the Upper West regional capital.

A significant number of the travelling passengers to Tamale do so for onward connections by road to the Upper East and Upper West Regions and Burkina Faso.

The regional capital, Wa, is home to some 224,000 people -- most of whom work with non-governmental organisations operating in the region, and are students of the Wa campus of the University of Development Studies (UDS).

There is a lot of inter-trading activities between the country and its northern neighbour, Burkina Faso. The land-locked country relies on Ghana and other West African countries for its maritime imports, which are carted by land through the Upper West and Upper East Regions to the Burkinabe capital, Ouagadougou.

Growing passenger throughput, increasing number of French-speaking West Africans in Ghana, and the relatively peaceful nature of the country are some of the major lures for airlines in the region.

The domestic transit passenger volumes increased from 14,000 in July 2015 to over 22, 000 in July this year. International passenger throughput also hit 1.6million this year.

With the Ho airport also expected to be operational this year, there is now a growing concern in some quarters about the ability of the only two remaining domestic operators to service all destinations locally.

Starbow currently operate flight between Accra and Tamale, Sunyani, Kumasi and Takoradi; while Africa World Airlines (AWA) operates flights from the domestic terminal of KIA, Accra to Tamale and Kumasi. AWA also started servicing the Accra-Takoradi route today.

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by thunderbabs: 2:59am On Nov 16, 2016
Ovokoo:
This is something we don't see in Nigeria. We don't value beauty in this parts. Never knew a flyover could be this beautiful in black Africa.

It's also a shame that Ghana has just taken thie title of the longest flyover from us. I guess we have to go back to the "Giant of Africa" rhetoric.m

Must you mention Black alongside Africa. Na you Dey give Trump goosebumps
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by thunderbabs: 3:00am On Nov 16, 2016
Chai, wey buhari?

Smh
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by mysteryman2014: 3:21am On Nov 16, 2016
Beautiful. Oshodi interchange on the way, Ambode rocks.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by WowSweetGuy(m): 3:28am On Nov 16, 2016
Na Christmas flyover b Diz? D light too shine na. So their presido is working and they are always Yabbing him. U can't satisfy a blaCk man easily talk more of a Charley blacker people
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by ThinkWISELY(m): 4:40am On Nov 16, 2016
lastbaff:
Hmm... The way Ghana is fast developing ehn...

Just see my signature

Bro,what's up ?,am interested in your signature.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Sweno26(m): 4:46am On Nov 16, 2016
emeka1101:
[/quote][quote author=ThinkWISELY post=51070272]
Bro,what's up ?,am interested in your signature.
Wow i love this but when will naija gov build something like this chaiii shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by ginggerxy: 4:48am On Nov 16, 2016
johndwayy:
Make dem post the pictures for daytime make we see.. Nor be all this lights and colours.
if you get light for night snap your own put
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by danigbo(m): 4:58am On Nov 16, 2016
Amazing !
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by yinkslinks(m): 4:58am On Nov 16, 2016
Had a dream ecowas will be scattered and nigerians will need visa to ghana grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Amberon11: 5:05am On Nov 16, 2016
No, Ghana didn't. Actually Egypt did. They've had the longest bridge and flyover for years now.
Ovokoo:
This is something we don't see in Nigeria. We don't value beauty in this parts. Never knew a flyover could be this beautiful in black Africa.

It's also a shame that Ghana has just taken thie title of the longest flyover from us. I guess we have to go back to the "Giant of Africa" rhetoric.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Smith78: 5:07am On Nov 16, 2016
Modern City
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by freshkik(m): 5:10am On Nov 16, 2016
Ovokoo:

Do i even know the difference? Do you care to elucidate?
flyover is the one built over land, linking up different areas, while bridge is built over sea,river etc, linking up areas separated by water, (my own layman understanding tho)

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by juman(m): 5:14am On Nov 16, 2016
There are many deadly roads in this country, roads that suppose to be flyover.
For example some of the federal roads in nasarawa state are deadly roads they suppose to be flyover.

But this is a country where everything is upside down. Bad leadership.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Amberon11: 5:18am On Nov 16, 2016
You are wrong Egypt jas the longest bridge in Africa.
shhladyj:

actually nigeria has d longest bridge nd not flyover which is in lagos.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 5:25am On Nov 16, 2016
If these ain't photoshoped, nig. Is seriously sick n needs accelerated deliverance! D.amn!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Trip From Lagos To Ethiopia, Kenya And Mauritius Island / Onitsha Niger Bridge In 1967 And 2019 (Photos) / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.