Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) (98917 Views)

Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction / Man Rides Bike On The Pavement Of Jubilee Flyover In Ajah, Lagos / Murtala Muhammed Way Flyover In Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 5:29am On Nov 16, 2016
Chisos! Na ghana be these?...I must confess, naija is CURSED with criminal/self-serving leaders!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 5:37am On Nov 16, 2016
D.amnnn!... Naija is long over-due for a rawling's revolution!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Category1: 5:43am On Nov 16, 2016
nijascammers:
Nigerians are jealous of this feat, but when Nigerians politicians steal your money and give you crumbs, you hailed them.
Imagine all the money Saraki alone stole, is more than enough to build that gada
Stop acting like a fool, because of a common flyover? Disgusted!
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by nijascammers: 6:00am On Nov 16, 2016
Category1:

Stop acting like a fool, because of a common flyover? Disgusted!
dimwit, what's foolishness in my comments? is your ass not greedy of collecting crumbs from your lord gej? useless ipob your mates are busy carrying drugs and some getting executed for their bravery you're here supporting cowardice, buy yourself some brain.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by ezeegolimited30(m): 6:04am On Nov 16, 2016
ordinary Ghana I started respecting Ghana since 1 CEDI's is = 75 naira.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by toprealman: 6:29am On Nov 16, 2016
The bribe collected by the judiciary in the past election will build at least 2 of this in Nigeria. Adding Dasuki's loot, every geopolitical zone will have at least 2 of such flyovers. Throwing in Abacha's unending 'largesse' to the mix.....my village definitely should have one.
Unfortunately, due to the aloofness of Nigerian youths, with regards to electoral process, who pride themselves in being PA's to these political thieves, we will continue to watch whilst other countries develop unless we change things. This is a wake up call....Naija Youths 2019 is here with us, Arise!
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by HiliaryAutos(m): 6:43am On Nov 16, 2016
Imagine watin Ghana Don do.... We dey here dey do police catch your Thief embarassed
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by neba65: 6:43am On Nov 16, 2016
Ovokoo:
This is something we don't see in Nigeria. We don't value beauty in this parts. Never knew a flyover could be this beautiful in black Africa.

It's also a shame that Ghana has just taken thie title of the longest flyover from us. I guess we have to go back to the "Giant of Africa" rhetoric.
I also believe that 74 million Euros for d cost here would be translated to 200 billion smetin dollars. Naija I beg nau.
toprealman:
The bribe collected by the judiciary in the past election will build at least 2 of this in Nigeria. Adding Dasuki's loot, every geopolitical zone will have at least 2 of such flyovers. Throwing in Abacha's unending 'largesse' to the mix.....my village definitely should have one.
Unfortunately, due to the aloofness of Nigerian youths, with regards to electoral process, who pride themselves in being PA's to these political thieves, we will continue to watch whilst other countries develop unless we change things. This is a wake up call....Naija Youths 2019 is here with us, Arise!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by mashin(m): 6:44am On Nov 16, 2016
If this flyover was in Nigeria, you will see comments like, who e don eep, how much is flyover self, misplaced priority, corrupt government, etc i pity my leaders because the followers are worse in the world, that sees nothing good in their country except other countries, mean while masses in those countries are not happy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by metallisc(m): 6:45am On Nov 16, 2016
devigblegble:
That's Dubai

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by ahless(m): 6:46am On Nov 16, 2016
starpon1:
this is what i call classic
Sorry I will call it el classico
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by LorDBolton(m): 6:47am On Nov 16, 2016
DisGuy:
Nice. just 3 years

That flyover in Kano looks hideously over built no symmetry at all

Typical nigerian citizen.

Self criticism
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by metallisc(m): 6:50am On Nov 16, 2016
excellentelitec:
Op. there is no way u can compare Ghana to Nigeria because I have been there. Forget about the pictures.

U can't even compare the so called Accra to Uyo Town in terms of infrastructure

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by metallisc(m): 6:54am On Nov 16, 2016
Yahami:

This is a heavy blow on Nigeria despite all our natural resources that we are bless with, we ain't to have developed more than this, yet we are still in medi ever period instead our leaders will be looting our money to Dubai all in the name of shopping thank God, Mahama build restaurant inside the fly over. With such gesture our politician can as well shift their tour to Ghana... A CONCERN CITIZEN....

cool cool cool embarassed embarassed

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by formular123triol(m): 6:56am On Nov 16, 2016
why didn't they take the pics in broad day light?
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by metallisc(m): 6:59am On Nov 16, 2016
NairaMaster1:

But they didn't tell us the length.

oya take! goan measure the length on ya own! cool cool

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 16, 2016
johndwayy:
Make dem post the pictures for daytime make we see.. Nor be all this lights and colours.

At least they have sth. What does ur country have undecided
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by esaias1(m): 7:17am On Nov 16, 2016
zico530:
Nija is a learner where Ghana is.
funny,but how many cities in Ghana have such structures
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Jarus(m): 7:18am On Nov 16, 2016
Good job.

But I don't regard anything first in West Africa especially infrastructure, as great achievement. West Africa isn't that competitive. Just Nigeria and Ghana maybe CIV and Senegal, and 12 other unambitious countries.

Throw South and North Africa, and Kenya etc into the picture and many of these achievements will be dwarfed

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 7:20am On Nov 16, 2016
360command:
you might be talking some key things but keep in mind that what the girl said is true.. I studied in Ghana and I can categorically say that even when I was in school, lecturers do comment some good infrastructural project in Nigeria.. Even Ghanaian traders doing business in Nigeria says the same.. I have come to realise that what is in our home, we don't like but instead we like something of outside..

I see.....

Have you taken a road trip between States in Nigeria?
Do You see the condition of the highways?
What about the light (tho ghana light don dey get smAll coma now)

Ghana dey try for infrastructure Abeg, let us put patriotism aside... Nigeria's infrastructure is a shame.
You enter seme, yawa, the badagry road terrible etc..
Even they hace better ranked universities thsn we do.
abeggi
when you now go to Ivory Coast, then you will believe without any doubt that yes, our infrastructure is a shame

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by cyrilamx(m): 7:27am On Nov 16, 2016
Everyone is screaming about Ghana forgetting that she got to where she is presently by tackling one of the greatest threats to economic development: corruption. The history of Ghana's emergence as an economic power house is due to the vision of one man- Ft Lt. J. Rawlings and the collective will of Ghanaians to kill the enemies of ghana..the military n civilian looters. Nigeria tried that rout in 1983/85, but the power that be backed by the people rejected the fight...today we paying heavily for 31 years of unbridled corruption.
Nuhu Ribadu once said that since independence, Nigerian leaders had pocketed about 10 or more Marshal plans. For those aware of comparative politics c world economy, the Marshall plan was about 12billion dollars( approx $120B today exchange rates) the USA government gave to Europe after the second world war to aid Devastated European economic recovery
Is it not ironic that the supporters of corruption will be the first to jump on this tread to condemn Nigeria in face of Ghanaian geometric economic acceleration as against our retrogressive move? Even when they are keenly aware that there is a correlation between corruption n underdevelopment. Shames on Nigerian leaders and the masses supporting corruption. Until the Ghanaian treatment is meted out against those our locust leaders, we will always keep hearing stories about d giant strides of our sisters countries.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by castrokins(m): 7:30am On Nov 16, 2016
That's A Masterpiece There

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by deolu2000(m): 7:32am On Nov 16, 2016
onatisi:

There is nothing fantastic about the flyover. That is the truth
i don't want to sound like an enemy of progress but what i saw in the pics were mere early christmas decorations and nothing spectacular about the flyover itself.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by emeka1101: 7:37am On Nov 16, 2016
Ignorance and jealousy.
They have 3 international airports not 1.
360command:
guy kotoka no get anything.. That small airport..nonsense. As it stands, there is only 1 international airport in ghana. The govt has failed in that aspect..
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 7:40am On Nov 16, 2016
Mbilla:
Travel some Nigerians will not travel rather they will sit in their comfort zone and be talking trash about their country. I have travelled to 15 countries in West Africa, there is no country in West Africa you can compared to Nigeria in types of anything except Ivory Coast which French called "petty paris". Other West Africas except mumu nigerians knows Ghanaians as noisy small minded people. For Christ sake Accra is the capital of Ghana and Accra have been ghana capital since independence till date. Abidjan is formal Ivory coast capital but ivory coast government left Abidjan and move the capital to Yamasoco which is the current capital of Ivory coast. Nigeria did the same Lagos to Abuja.

What is your point now

You think it is only you that travel abi

Abeggi, Nigeria has one of the worst infrastructure in west Africa (apart maybe central Abuja)
If you have travelled to the 15 west African countries (like you claimed) you will know that.
Can you compare how Lome is to Lagos?
Or Abidjan Yamaousoukro Dakar or the inter state roads in Ghana (which they are still expanding and improving) to the shame we have in Nigeria despite the billions of dollars we have spent since 1999

Cameroon is another shameful country when it comes to infrastructure in general....
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Etornam: 7:45am On Nov 16, 2016
Jarchi:
Nice one,but them don use photoshop kill am. Meh you go fear bashing from nairalander. When your dad earning 25k in a month is happy to borrow 250 million from napo or dem yeye bank for investment not business,naso buhari case be,yes beta thing would come in but at whose expense.

It's not the work of Photoshop....... the pictures are real
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Etornam: 7:49am On Nov 16, 2016
wizhack:
like seriously...... anyway, I'll keep dreaming for that to happen here too, in Nigeria.........

please, have they pay their due for electricity?? I

Naija too get flyovers so what be the problem?
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Etornam: 7:53am On Nov 16, 2016
Chitumu:
ordinary Ghana mtsewwwww cry angry
Hater go die
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Etornam: 7:54am On Nov 16, 2016
exclusive87:
I was there,,, that flyover bridge to be honest and sincere wit you is the most beautiful bridge,, that president has done is own best for ghanian... The beauty of the environment is so good, lovely and also a place of tourism.. Nice one for ghanians

What is it with Nigerians spelling Ghanaian as ghanian?
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Etornam: 7:55am On Nov 16, 2016
Kingbuhari:
buhari is an heediot, imagine ordinary Ghana of yesterday.... meanwhile the dullard is somewhere in Morocco sipping kunu

Hater Alert

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Trip From Lagos To Ethiopia, Kenya And Mauritius Island / Onitsha Niger Bridge In 1967 And 2019 (Photos) / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.