Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,222 members, 7,860,415 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:42 AM

How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls (3587 Views)

Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? / Why Are Delta State Girls So Bitchy? / Lady Leaves Suicide Note As Her Boyfriend Ikenna Eze From Imo Dumps Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by kikayboss(m): 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
donnybee:
Common features I knw abt Imo gals are:
1. We are naturally endowned; physically and mentally

2. Whether u like it or not, most Imo gals are flirtatious...yea most. I'm 1 of dem tho' undecided

3. We tend to be trickish atimes

4. Finding a committed Imo gal is lyk making a bag of rice to be #2500 tomorrow

Hey, I'm not saying we r wayward buh there seem to be this common blood that run in our veins

At the same time, whoever finds a committed and loyal Imo babe has found a good things in the sight of the Lord cos whenever we r into u for real, 4get it, don't even doubt. She's gonna be into you till the end ni.

I stand to be criticised cool cool cool
lol...you speak d truth tho...
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by LecciGucci: 4:50pm On Nov 16, 2016
kikayboss:
it won't shock me and u were screaming "kids everywhere" upandan....
[b]
You are a case of wasted sperm about to turn to dust, cos am sure ur stupidity and daftness w[/b]ill kill you soon...it can even be today...go buy ue casket. Dog
grin
Sham on u...u cant string meaningful lines together.
anyways Dont say i didnt warn u if u dont change from ur lies.. humongous fool.
Ur doom is near!!.. this is no just.
Stop telling lies online to destroy relationship.
Ur doom is near if u dnt change.!
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by LecciGucci: 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
torqque7:

Yeah I see your point though,hmm I guess he is just not lucky with his in laws,funny enough they have a child together but it seems her family are hell bent on frustrating the dude,and they'll blame the community,saying it's tradition.

Ok now i know why hez been punished.
Coz he got d gal preggy..
Buy still datz very bad to giv him such bills
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by torqque7(m): 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
LecciGucci:

Ok now i know why hez been punished.
Coz he got d gal preggy..
Buy still datz very bad to giv him such bills

Lol but that will be unwise of her family to punish him like that cos he got their daughter pregnant,at least he has decided to marry her now.

The list is so scary,what if he runs away?will the dad marry his daughter?lol sometimes I trip how humans think,the parents of the girl are not thinking in the right direction. Sadly alot of African parents think the same way.
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by Greenbullet(m): 8:12pm On Nov 16, 2016
LecciGucci:

My moniker undecided lol.. kids everywhere! My moniker and urs which one has fault.? Obviously u are brain dead. Keep on lying to destroy pple relationship and marriage. It is the nemesis of ur lies that will hunt u down not me!.
kid
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by LecciGucci: 10:25pm On Nov 16, 2016
torqque7:

Lol but that will be unwise of her family to punish him like that cos he got their daughter pregnant,at least he has decided to marry her now.

The list is so scary,what if he runs away?will the dad marry his daughter?lol sometimes I trip how humans think,the parents of the girl are not thinking in the right direction. Sadly alot of African parents think the same way.

Yea its very bad!... the guy can run away or do something bad

1 Like

Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by sinistermind(m): 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2016
People fail to realize that this bride price stuff is based on family's discretion. I'm full blooded imo Mbaise to be precise. What y'all see is just a list. No family will expect the man to buy all of that. If that was possible, then families with female children should be rich then.
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by IRobot7(m): 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2016
mba5 kwenu!
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by LePrezident(m): 12:18am On Nov 17, 2016
Richiy:
Because of some stupid list that circulate online people come up with different theories.

OP stop saying things you know nothing about.

BTW, I am not from Imo state

Lol, interesting disclaimer at the end... now that you have disclaimed, can we possibly figure out how kuch your bride price will be? wink
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by Nobody: 5:51am On Nov 17, 2016
LecciGucci:
Dont draw d wrat of God on ur head for posting falshood...cox u are destroyin future marriages here.

Pl sstop all these lies
My cousin married from imo.. a friend married from imo
I hav attended abt 5 weddings in imo and the bride price paid in each is less than 40k
Then if u include other buyable items everythin will sum 90 -100k
Therz is nowhere in imo that price is 500k anybody dat said a chronic liar.
Infact i will ask for the list from tomorrow and post it here.
Shut ur vocal cavity,I don't think u knw anytin about imo bride price. They will give u a list of hundreds of thousand as if they re selling their daughter..
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 17, 2016
I will go for anambra or enugu girls.
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by Rozaystunna(m): 6:24am On Nov 17, 2016
lmao to marry IMO girl na die!! And am from imo cry
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by Richiy(f): 8:38am On Nov 17, 2016
LePrezident:

Lol, interesting disclaimer at the end... now that you have disclaimed, can we possibly figure out how kuch your bride price will be? wink

Lol. I am not doing traditional wedding. So I couldn't even care less. grin
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by LePrezident(m): 10:12am On Nov 17, 2016
Richiy:

Lol. I am not doing traditional wedding. So I couldn't even care less. grin

That's nice, what type of wedding are we doing then? Beachfront?
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by LecciGucci: 10:35am On Nov 17, 2016
victorEdvic:

Shut ur vocal cavity,I don't think u knw anytin about imo bride price. They will give u a list of hundreds of thousand as if they re selling their daughter..

Shut up ur gutter!...
By the way did they beg u to marry their daughter?. marriage is not for wretched pple like u..
If u dnt like their go elsewhere.. why are u ranting.
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by Richiy(f): 12:59pm On Nov 17, 2016
LePrezident:

That's nice, what type of wedding are we doing then? Beachfront?

Yayyyyy

I love a beach wedding
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2016
LecciGucci:

Shut up ur gutter!...
By the way did they beg u to marry their daughter?. marriage is not for wretched pple like u..
If u dnt like their go elsewhere.. why are u ranting.
a
Am sorry but I don't reply kids with the brain of a cock
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by LecciGucci: 5:03pm On Nov 17, 2016
victorEdvic:
a
Am sorry but I don't reply kids with the brain of a cock

U dnt even hav brain in ur skull not to talk of having dat of a rooster.
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by LePrezident(m): 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2016
Richiy:

Yayyyyy

I love a beach wedding

Then let's do this. How do we start? Do I have to snatch you from a bf first or you're single for the taking smiley
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by Olumaeme: 1:41am On Nov 18, 2016
If I have to pay 700k for her pride price, I will just give her Belle use the money buy car for her Na then we go enter registry sharp sharp finish matter....

1 Like

Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by kikayboss(m): 9:03am On Nov 18, 2016
LecciGucci:
grin Sham on u...u cant string meaningful lines together. anyways Dont say i didnt warn u if u dont change from ur lies.. humongous fool. Ur doom is near!!.. this is no just. Stop telling lies online to destroy relationship. Ur doom is near if u dnt change.!
the doom that has almost wiped out ur family? ..or which one?
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by LecciGucci: 7:14pm On Nov 18, 2016
kikayboss:
the doom that has almost wiped out ur family? ..or which one?

Change ur lying ways!.. doom is commingur way
Did is no joke. I will keep telling u
So u wont tel God no1 told u

CHANGE FROM UR LIES!
CHANGE!... GOD IS NOT HAPPY WITH U
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by queenDD(f): 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2016
LecciGucci:
Dont draw d wrat of God on ur head for posting falshood...cox u are destroyin future marriages here.

Pl sstop all these lies
I hav attended abt 5 weddings in imo and the bride price paid in each is less than 40k

Thank you! People and hearsay sha..smh.
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by queenDD(f): 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
LecciGucci:

Pl sstop all these lies

Thank you! People should stop spreading lies about imo girls bride price BTW marriage is not by force.
Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by LecciGucci: 11:42pm On Nov 18, 2016
queenDD:

Thank you! People should stop spreading lies about imo girls bride price BTW marriage is not by force.

Ppl are just senseless

1 Like

Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by Lezzjnr: 11:52pm On Nov 18, 2016
LecciGucci:

Pl sstop all these lies
Imo state has varying list and price of marriage from village to village. Some are very moderate, others are slightly expensive and some other hyper-expensive.

Imo villages close to Anambra have reasonable marital requirements. But deep into places like Nkwerre and beyond are mighty expensive and prospective grooms are completely at the mercy of the family and villagers.

In Nkwerre, Umu Ada collects 60k during wine carrying or something. By the time you total up other requirements leading to Igba Nkwu, the amount has actually ballooned to the region above 300k without food, drinks and entertainment for the marriage proper.

N.B the bride price isn't necessarily huge, it is the requirements prerequisite to the proper marriage that's expensive.

1 Like

Re: How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls by LecciGucci: 12:03am On Nov 19, 2016
Lezzjnr:
Imo state have varying list and price of marriage from village to village. Some are very moderate, others are slightly expensive and some other hyper-expensive.

Imo villages close to Anambra have reasonable marital requirements. But deep into places like Nkwerre and beyond are mighty expensive and prospective grooms are completely at the mercy of the family and villagers.

In Nkwerre, Umu Ada collects 60k during wine carrying or something. By the time you total up other requirements leading to Igba Nkwu, the amount has actually ballooned to the region above 300k without food, drinks and entertainment for the marriage proper.

N.B the bride price isn't necessarily huge, it is the requirements prerequisite to the proper marriage that's expensive.

Exactly... ur last paragraph is what people fail yo understand.
I said here earlier that bride price is 60k some stupid guys wana crucify me..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Office Romance: Please Help Me, What Should I Do / Dating One Girl Is A Big Risk / What Are The Signs That Will Show That A Lady Is Attracted To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.