Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords (2069 Views)

When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . / Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? / Is Your Partner Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Leriebloom(f): 5:04pm On Nov 16, 2016
So I really want to know, I don't feel comfortable when my messages are being read by anyone, not because I am hiding something, but because I love my privacy so, what are your thoughts? Do you have access to your significant other’s social media accounts? Do they have access to yours? Why or why not? Does not providing your password automatically mean you’re hiding something?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2016
For my husband...he should know all my passwords, even the one to my ATM cards, but as for boyfriend... he shouldn't know any.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by QueenSuccubus(f): 5:08pm On Nov 16, 2016
grin

If he's my hubby, why not? I don't find it difficult to share it with him as long he will share his password with me as well.. But if it is juz a bf/gf thingy, ooh hell naah...
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Leriebloom(f): 5:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
QueenSuccubus:
grin

If he's my hubby, why not? I don't find it difficult to share it with him as long he will share his password with me as well.. But if it is juz a bf/gf thingy, ooh hell naah...

Lolz,you are funny sha.
As long as hubby shares his passwords too. I think that's cool.
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by QueenSuccubus(f): 5:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
Leriebloom:

Lolz,you are funny sha.
As long as hubby shares his passwords too. I think that's cool.

It's give and take cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Leriebloom(f): 5:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
asuo27:
For my husband...he should know all my passwords, even the one to my ATM cards, but as for boyfriend... he shouldn't know any.

When you notice your boyfriend reads your messages every time he gets the chance to hold your phone, how do you tell him to stop?
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Leriebloom(f): 5:12pm On Nov 16, 2016
QueenSuccubus:

It's give and take cheesy cheesy

Lol
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by kinggogo: 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2016
No

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Leriebloom(f): 5:22pm On Nov 16, 2016
kinggogo:
No

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

That's cool.

So you have never read your gf's messages before?
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2016
Leriebloom:

When you notice your boyfriend reads your messages every time he gets the chance to hold your phone, how do you tell him to stop?
My phone has password, so he can't intrude except i personally unlocked it for him...not that i have anything to hide, if he deems it fit to read my messages, good for him, cos he won't see anything. grin

"A clear concious fears no accusation", but, if you're the type that has a lot to hide, password your phone then, and don't give him the password.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by kinggogo: 5:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
Yeap buh 4 now still #teamsingle
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
I have nothing to hide ........I sometimes use his bank cards and he uses mine same with the phones. Trust is a wonderful and powerful thing.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Leriebloom(f): 5:33pm On Nov 16, 2016
kinggogo:
Yeap buh 4 now still #teamsingle
Good for you
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Leriebloom(f): 5:33pm On Nov 16, 2016
Raine80:
I have nothing to hide ........I sometimes use his bank cards and he uses mine same with the phones. Trust is a wonderful and powerful thing.

That's cool. Shows you trust each other
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Laveda(f): 5:41pm On Nov 16, 2016
My boyfriend? undecided Hell nah..

Maybe my phone password, definitely not social media. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2016
Girlfriend : NO( Might use it as a sort of vendetta in the future)

Wife : Yes
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by firstking01(m): 6:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
asuo27:

But you would want to know his(your boyfriend's) ATM pin ba??
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by KnightRod(m): 6:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
undecided

Not because you're hiding anything but you love your privacy?

What do you people smoke??

1 Like

Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Leriebloom(f): 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2016
KnightRod:
undecided

Not because you're hiding anything but you love your privacy?

What do you people smoke??

What you smoke kiss
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
It depends on the seriousness of the relationship. There should not be secrets. I never asked for my guy's password on Facebook--I had no interest in knowing. We respected each other's privacy.
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by YtivitissuP: 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
No matter how serious the relationship may be, I wouldn't ask for your passwords... And I wouldn't give you mine but if you wanna check my phone or use any of things using a password/pin, I'd unlock such for you
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 16, 2016
firstking01:
But you would want to know his(your boyfriend's) ATM pin ba??
What's my business with his ATM pin?, don't we have limits?.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by firstking01(m): 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
asuo27:
What's my business with his ATM pin?, don't we have limits?.
It will really be stacking difficult for a guy to keep you i swear.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by AlexCk: 9:44pm On Nov 16, 2016
I believe everyone needs their spaces,
I feel asking for ur bf/gf password shows insecurity, one needs to learn how to trust.

Bottom line is, knowing ur guy's or lady's passwords to social networks, phone & others doesn't still guarantee he/she won't still fool around if they want to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 16, 2016
firstking01:
It will really be stacking difficult for a guy to keep you i swear.
Don't assume you know me...you don't one bit.

What makes you think so?, cos i think we all have boundaries while dating?.
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by firstking01(m): 9:59pm On Nov 16, 2016
asuo27:
Don't assume you know me...you don't one bit.

What makes you think so?, cos i think we all have boundaries while dating?.
Ok.
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
I'm not giving my phone or social media password to any guy, except my future husband. I won't even give you all my social media handles, I need my space Biko smiley
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Leriebloom(f): 11:25pm On Nov 16, 2016
mhiz:
I'm not giving my phone or social media password to any guy, except my future husband. I won't even give you all my social media handles, I need my space Biko smiley

Lolz
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by KingRex1(m): 11:48pm On Nov 16, 2016
Leriebloom:

Lolz
Password to nl, twitter.. Fine
Password to my mail.. Big nay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by unapapadeycraze: 7:23am On Nov 17, 2016
mhiz:

really! even me? oya what's your facebook i'Dcheesy.
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 17, 2016
unapapadeycraze:

really! even me? oya what's your facebook i'Dcheesy.

Unavailable cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Your Significant Other Entitled To Your Social Media Passwords by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 17, 2016
No, she isn't. Of what use is she knowing the password to my Facebook or Twitter account? Is she going to be posting for me?

We focus so much on irrelevancies.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Some Girls Behaving Like This / Ladies Check This Cool Dude Out, Attention Seeker Or Really Cool? / The Office Called Sodom II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.