Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From (92208 Views)

Top 4 Richest Tribes In Nigeria / I Can Never Marry From That Tribe. / The Myths Behind Burying The Placenta In Different Cultures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Lilimax(f): 3:06pm On Nov 18, 2016
WomanOfRace:
Moderate in Anambra, and our wives make good homes as well pretty,intelligent,reserved and hardworking. If I'm to be a Nigerian in my next world,I would still want to be an Anambrarian.
Udo!!! smiley
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
Thank God Esan people of Edo State no dy..gringringringringrin Esan Inlaw to be...gringringringringringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by KingRex1(m): 3:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
Lilimax:
For where, our bride price is not expensive smiley
I see..and the trad lists?
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by 9jaBloke: 3:08pm On Nov 18, 2016
prof1990:
All I can see is Akwa Ibom,Rivers,Abia

South east people I hail oooo grin
IG
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 18, 2016
thecrush:
Naso

You might think Yorubas dont have the long list!!

When my friend saw the list that was given to her husband. She stopped talking about Igbo traditional weddings and list....

Yoruba no cost jari!
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Lilimax(f): 3:09pm On Nov 18, 2016
KingRex1:

I see..and the trad lists?
Reasonable!
But can negotiate with the girls parents before those old village men hijacks the list smiley
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 18, 2016
Op next time add the Eket people of Akwa Ibom.... Very very expensive at the same time,very very Lazy people.... Oil Money don spoil dem ladies finish
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by WomanOfRace(f): 3:09pm On Nov 18, 2016
Lilimax:
Udo!!! smiley

Udo dilikwalu gi nwanne mu o.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by ngmgeek(m): 3:11pm On Nov 18, 2016
Imo people skinned me alive 10 years ago lipsrsealed

... But I walked away with the best woman in the world cheesy

12 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by obinna58(m): 3:14pm On Nov 18, 2016
Afonjas right now cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry[color=#000099][/color] cry cry cry
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Sleekyshuga(f): 3:15pm On Nov 18, 2016
mrvitalis:
This is misinformation. . Have u had of the okrikas and kalabaris in Rivers state? ?

Or the brass?? Bonny?? In fact ijaws have the most expensive marriage rites
True talk!! I was surprised when I didn't see Kalabaris or Okirikans on that list..

Expensive is just a word especially if she is from a royal blood cheesy..

4 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by tammie24: 3:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
Most times the bride end up paying for their own list and bride price

Speaking from experience!
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by StupidYorubaFool: 3:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
prof1990:
All I can see is Akwa Ibom,Rivers,Abia
South east people I hail oooo grin
otondo. akwa ibom dey south east ode

5 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Luckymay(f): 3:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
Lilimax:
Anambra bride price is not expensive wink
It is o.expecially ima ogodo.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by ochubaebube(m): 3:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
Op part front he fact that you are bias in your ranking, you are also not comprehensive in your analysis. So you want to tell us that the South west and North don't have a single group among them that has an expensive marriage system? the truth is that your analysis focuses only on the SE and SS.

Again, if you intended providing a sound information which is not misleading, you would have given us a little rundown of the expenses to be incured on such "expensive" marriage systems or simply give us a Grand Total of the list you purport to have gathered from the areas stated above. You shouldn't just come here and tell us " because of the things in the list which the groom is expected to buy and bring, **** tribe is regarded as one of the most expensive"! At least be factual, give us SOmE huge and Unusual items in the lists, their estimated costings and a rough Grand Total.

5 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 18, 2016
StupidYorubaFool:
otondo. akwa ibom dey south east
ode

Am guessing they cut ur sense of humor when the cut ur placenta.

Pele ehn grin

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by tammie24: 3:19pm On Nov 18, 2016
Godfullsam:
Very myopic list sad

go to d far not especially in some parts of adamawa and maiduguri.

They collect dowry in gold.
very true

I'm surprised I didn't see those

I guess the OP hasn't been anywhere but the East and south south
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by ochubaebube(m): 3:20pm On Nov 18, 2016
Op apart from the fact that you are bias in your ranking, you are also not comprehensive in your analysis. So you want to tell us that the South west and North don't have a single group among them that has an expensive marriage system? the truth is that your analysis focuses only on the SE and SS.

Again, if you intended providing a sound information which is not misleading, you would have given us a little rundown of the expenses to be incured on such "expensive" marriage systems or simply give us a Grand Total of the list you purport to have gathered from the areas stated above. You shouldn't just come here and tell us " because of the things in the list which the groom is expected to buy and bring, **** tribe is regarded as one of the most expensive"! At least be factual, give us SOmE huge and Unusual items in the lists, their estimated costings and a rough Grand Total.

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by tammie24: 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2016
Shegz007:
Now I know why the Igbo women grow old before they get married grin grin grin
I tell you

Most of them even pay their own bride price sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by emi14: 3:25pm On Nov 18, 2016
This is the must incomplete and totally unreasonable post I ever red in nairaland. Can't you list things that made marriage very expensive from these ends of the country .

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Bujumbura(m): 3:25pm On Nov 18, 2016
mrvitalis:
This is misinformation. . Have u had of the okrikas and kalabaris in Rivers state? ?

Or the brass?? Bonny?? In fact ijaws have the most expensive marriage rites

Am from mbaise and my elder brother married an okrika woman and i know how much we have spent and yet that's just the half marriage.. to do the full marriage is not an easy thing and done after the woman has finished giving birth most times its so expensive the men leave it till there children has grown to do it for them
Dfinex i don't lije what this boy is saying. Ayam afraid angry grin grin grin grin
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Funkyswagzz(m): 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2016
Igbo no fi carry last for dis one
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Bujumbura(m): 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2016
AuroraB:
@morereb10, I'm tired of seeing 'Thank God it's Friday' written thus: 'Thank God is Friday'. Haba mana angry

And what's the purpose of this thread To encourage tribal bashing or what undecided
comot for road onye nkuzi

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by matiandu(m): 3:27pm On Nov 18, 2016
I go wait until I see some people auctioning their girls. As for the yourubass them like secondhanded wife's bcus it's cheaper.

5 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Bujumbura(m): 3:28pm On Nov 18, 2016
airminem:
The Region You Omitted Happens To Product One Of The First Three Women To Marry
If AuroraB catch you with this English, your bride price go reduce
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by dokJ: 3:28pm On Nov 18, 2016
d cheapest place to marry is the northern part of nigeria provided ur bombom is strong enough to recieve numerous strokes of koboko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Bujumbura(m): 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2016
Luckymay:

You didn't ask nicely. Maybe I would have given it a thought.
Please can i marry you undecided
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Dfinex(f): 3:33pm On Nov 18, 2016
Bujumbura:
Dfinex i don't lije what this boy is saying. Ayam afraid angry grin grin grin grin

no doubt he's correct. so get ur acts ready.......don't come and fall my hands. .hahaha
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Eyor1(m): 3:33pm On Nov 18, 2016
Fake list.. .. Bonny and kalabari should have respectively been 1st and 2nd if you knew wadup.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by airminem(f): 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2016
Bujumbura:
If AuroraB catch you with this English, your bride price go reduce
Call The Cops! Anyway You Get The Gist Sha?
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Kingbuhari(m): 3:37pm On Nov 18, 2016
abeg make I go duara joor... no be only koboko them go flog me... fulani/Hausa girls is the cheapest women in Nigeria, who go send his pikin for university come dash am out with just whipping of the gloom mbanu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Yoruba Poem- Ise Logun Ise (work Is The Antidote For Poverty) / 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) / Igbo Attire And Its Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.