Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From (92212 Views)

Top 4 Richest Tribes In Nigeria / I Can Never Marry From That Tribe. / The Myths Behind Burying The Placenta In Different Cultures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by ammyluv2002(f): 7:22pm On Nov 18, 2016
Bujumbura:
which town in awka south?

But its cheap ooo

Amaka as I'm speaking with you i can do the bride price transfer with my phone and you are mine grin
Your money go enter voicemail then cheesy grin
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Bujumbura(m): 7:23pm On Nov 18, 2016
ammyluv2002:
cheesy grin
Voicemail kwa. So you don't want to marry me
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by ChrisEsq: 7:26pm On Nov 18, 2016
The Igbo woman is a treasure, she is known to spur her husband to prudence and wealth hence there status as a mark of success. During pre-colonial slavery era igbo women where specially ordered by Europeans and very expensive. The price is not greed, well maybe in some cases. But in actual fact, the igbo woman is a jewel.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by uzuede4(f): 7:32pm On Nov 18, 2016
mrvitalis:
This is misinformation. . Have u had of the okrikas and kalabaris in Rivers state? ?

Or the brass?? Bonny?? In fact ijaws have the most expensive marriage rites

Am from mbaise and my elder brother married an okrika woman and i know how much we have spent and yet that's just the half marriage.. to do the full marriage is not an easy thing and done after the woman has finished giving birth most times its so expensive the men leave it till there children has grown to do it for them
Op no know dat wan.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by uzuede4(f): 7:34pm On Nov 18, 2016
If to say i no see Mbaise i for know say op no know how far. But op wait o. Edo and Delta no dey dia. WHY If to say i no see Mbaise i for know say op no know how far. But op wait o. Edo and Delta no dey dia. WHY
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by abrahamzy: 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2016
Ndi imo kwenu
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by cooljoe(m): 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2016
What about the shua arabs?
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Chukazu: 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2016
nkpa happens to be my ancestral home, but I can't confirm if they have the most expensive bride price
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by dada24: 8:12pm On Nov 18, 2016
What am I looking for?
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Chukazu: 8:14pm On Nov 18, 2016
deejayALFY:
Morereb, I don't agree wit ur numba 7&8 Ibibio n efik folks. I HV reside der n dia Ladies are as cheap as pure water in fact most of den don't get married just fork den n get den pregnant, com wit ur friends wit some crates of beer u r recognized....
are u from Nkpa? cos u are very correct. am from der..#AmaohuruNkpa

#AmaediabaNKpa representing(so told)
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by billyG(m): 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
This is corruption.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Chukazu: 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2016
WomanOfRace:
Moderate in Anambra, and our wives make good homes as well pretty,intelligent,[b]reserved [/b]and hardworking. If I'm to be a Nigerian in my next world,I would still want to be an Anambrarian.

is been reserved a virtue?
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Abagworo(m): 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2016
morereb10:

https://www.naij.com/921355-guys-get-10-expensive-cultures-marry-nigeria.html

Where is Kalabari? Ikwerre marriage is moderate and costs between 400k to 1.5m.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Abagworo(m): 8:44pm On Nov 18, 2016
mrkel:

I'm just laughing at the list. The traditional marriage rite in Ikwerre do not even smell that of Kalabari not to talk of Okrika.

For you to get married to a kalabari woman you must be worth your onions cash-wise. Just cannot forget in a hurry how my uncle who got married to a Kalabari woman bought each of their Chiefs a bottle of Hennesy in his traditional marriage. In addition to one well fed pig. Not to mention the big boxes and assorted wrappers that would be bought for the would be bride's mother.

The writer knows nothing about Rivers State. His info is based on hearsay for him to list Ikwerre leaving out Ndi Mbamiri that many of the men never complete all the stages of marriage till death because of the millions involved.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by iLiquidator: 8:48pm On Nov 18, 2016
Op, I guess you don't know of Shuwa Arab from Borno State.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by thecrush: 10:20pm On Nov 18, 2016
manikspears:

This is the lie of the week! grin

Bleep OFF! you lie detector

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by talktonase(m): 10:22pm On Nov 18, 2016
greatjoey:

They need to really top the list giving their sophistication and evident quality. I didn't expect to see the Afonjas though. They are poor cooks, dirty, poo poo in the buckets, unguarded utterances, timidity, laziness, untidy, poor bed warmer, etc.
I have no idea who these avengers or afonjas you are talking about but I wish you well with your beef.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by WomanOfRace(f): 10:35pm On Nov 18, 2016
Chukazu:

Sorry,but what i was trying to say not wayward.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by WomanOfRace(f): 10:38pm On Nov 18, 2016
Chukazu:

Sorry,but that's also definition of self control,not loudmouthed and so on.
Yes,it is one one of it.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by kelvee(m): 10:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
that's y most groom's treat their brides like acquired goods....*smh*

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:14pm On Nov 18, 2016
StupidYorubaFool:
otondo. akwa ibom dey south east
ode

He already said he is #Stupidyorubafool
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by liciouspee(f): 12:03am On Nov 19, 2016
INFORMATION!!!!!
Wrong info on the ogoja peeps oh cus am from there. Bride price ain't expensive cus we don't believe we selling our daughters out. But at the same time it depends on what type of family the girl's from.
My father CANNOT sell me o lie lie. Na u help am put me for my mama belle?

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Nobody: 12:15am On Nov 19, 2016
liciouspee:
INFORMATION!!!!!
Wrong info on the ogoja peeps oh cus am from there. Bride price ain't expensive cus we don't believe we selling our daughters out. But at the same time it depends on what type of family the girl's from.
My father CANNOT sell me o lie lie. Na u help am put me for my mama belle?
nkenu:
@ OP, for that of Ogoja people you are totally wrong. Ogoja babes are cheap to marry but they are very beautiful damsels and good home makers. Secondly ,you didn't mention * MBUBE* as part of Ogoja why? Pls go and do your research very well because you left out a major ethnic group from Ogoja LG out of your list. undecided
Peterosky:
Op this your list would have been a perfect one if not for places like Ogoja and Efik that you mentioned.Coss River State generally have very cheap marriages.Ogoja you listed,my senior colleague got married there 2months ago.I can assure you that i was too impressed with their list cos i accompanied to the marriage negotiation.It was so cheap.Even Calabar,my friend married there few years back and the cost was very low.So remove those places i mentioned and your list will be a perfect one.Thanx.

Tell him again. What even brought Ogoja to this person's mind?? And he even tried to list major groups in Ogoja and did not mention MBUBE??!! The author must have been drunk.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 19, 2016
Even if I didn't have a copy of the traditional marriage list in my phone for Mbube, Ogoja in my phone at this very moment, signed by all the village chiefs, I could have told you our culture disdains any bride price that is more than a token because we consider it vulgar to "sell" your daughter. So please, author, whoever you are, don't insult yourself. Learn how to research.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by liciouspee(f): 12:30am On Nov 19, 2016
kalindaminda:

Tell him again. What even brought Ogoja to this person's mind?? And he even tried to list major groups in Ogoja and did not mention MBUBE??!! The author must have been drunk.

I don't know o maybe that's how he/she use to do
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by dimexy247(m): 1:28am On Nov 19, 2016
Luckymay:
You didn't ask nicely. Maybe I would have given it a thought.

Oh, my bad, PLEASE, may I have your hand in marriage?
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by cybriz82(m): 1:47am On Nov 19, 2016
enemy of progress u just cme here to discourage men or wat? well if dat is d case den na baby mama sure pass.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Pylony(m): 4:12am On Nov 19, 2016
No wonder menopause ladies full every were.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Pylony(m): 4:19am On Nov 19, 2016
PhatBG:
My expensive Annang people of Akwa Ibom state. Always representing.

Patiently waiting for the day of my kid sister.

Check my signature.
we pray she no go wait till menopause as recession don over shadow plenty pockets o... AMEN grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Yoruba Poem- Ise Logun Ise (work Is The Antidote For Poverty) / 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) / Igbo Attire And Its Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.